Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
I feel like this can go in one of two ways:

-Tessa is empowered and/or possessed by Goops
-Tessa is attacked and left for dead, but is rescued before she can bleed out (Maybe by Mark? He hasn't shown up in a while. I wanna know his deal!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
This is definitely going to be way worse than just attacking or killing her. There’d be no dramatic tension or twist in that. It wouldn’t advance the plot in any meaningful way, nor give the character anything new to go on.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
we've been trying to reach you about your automotive insurance

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Mazerunner posted:

To avoid legal action, send Outrageous Apple gift cards to…

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Nice touch that goops and tessa are both 'missing' the same eye

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Oh boy a lot of new posts today!

Oh… oh no.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Tessa didn't pull up. :cripes:

Ocean of Milk
Jun 25, 2018

oh yeah
is this good

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

Mazerunner posted:

_______| /______
_______|/_______

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I've thought this since Cassidy died but Goops is a bit uncanny since I perceive her as being partially 3D. At least her face. It's weird and kind of pushes away from my screen.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

girl dick energy posted:

This is definitely going to be way worse than just attacking or killing her. There’d be no dramatic tension or twist in that. It wouldn’t advance the plot in any meaningful way, nor give the character anything new to go on.

There's two ways I can see this going:

1. Goops will take over Tessa's body and possess her to get at her power.
2. Goops will drag Tessa physically into the barrier with her.

Either way Tessa's getting taken out of commission herself - that's what she wanted, after all.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Given the nature of the whole Magical Girl System seems a bit shady, it’s possible Goops has motives that are actually good or benevolent to expose whatever the government is hiding. She just has extremely messed up methods in achieving this goal.

We already have Mark, who is clearly not from this place and is flabbergasted by the whole magical girl system in place, and the girls literally cannot perceive/remember certain things about this system. Goops being a victim of all this (a former Magical Girl, the monsters weren’t originally monsters and she’s a anomaly of whatever turns people into monsters, etc.) and going to extremes to get revenge/expose the people responsible seems like a plausible explanation.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
I would grant that theory more credit if she wasn't clearly a giant rear end in a top hat.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
I mean, we've also got the option of Tessa being transformed into a Dark Magical Girl just like in our favorite Japanese animes. That's clearly not what she's looking for at the moment; her stepping outside like this is effectively committing suicide. Doesn't mean it won't happen, though.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Maybe Goops pulls Tessa into the barrier, which ends up being the way monsters get created. More complex/stronger lifeforms create more powerful monsters, so dark Tessa becomes the ultimate powerhouse that levels the city.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
I think any way this goes it’s gonna be… uh, bad.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Tessa burned out her power instead of fading out like a normal magical girl, I wonder if that means Goops can just fill her empty batteries back up with goopy-magic power, where a normal person would have got the yelly-gasmouth disease and maybe died.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Julius CSAR posted:

I think any way this goes it’s gonna be… uh, bad.
Turns out Goops is a licensed therapist and Tessa gets the help she needs :unsmith:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Cagle did confirm that the monsters aren't transformed magical girls ("it's not Madoka"), though I suppose that doesn't rule out the monsters being people in general.

GodFish posted:

Tessa burned out her power instead of fading out like a normal magical girl, I wonder if that means Goops can just fill her empty batteries back up with goopy-magic power, where a normal person would have got the yelly-gasmouth disease and maybe died.
I like this idea more, though.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
https://www.sleeplessdomain.com/comic/chapter-18-page-32

everything is going very well.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

That is a very depressing page

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Boy is THIS a loaded page....

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

:f5:

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
poo poo

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I am straight up not having a good time with where this is going.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

So is Goops stockpiling the energy of magical girls she killed and plans to funnel all of those into Tessa? Or is she going to ask Tessa to do the job.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Brought To You By posted:

So is Goops stockpiling the energy of magical girls she killed and plans to funnel all of those into Tessa? Or is she going to ask Tessa to do the job.
Goop Powers

It’ll be the most anti-climatic moment when Dark Magical Girl Tessa makes her debut and spends the whole night losing to everyone. Even Nico.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

We don't really know how the Magical Girl Thing works in general; there's no reason that the Dark Magical Girl Thing couldn't work on similar principles. Goops does seem to be getting stronger (look how far she is out of the barrier now), but it's not clear why; it might be from killing magical girls, or it might just be something that's happening over time. Her dialogue doesn't indicate an urgency to her magical girl murders, even when she's by herself, but she might have been around long enough that urgency isn't something she feels in general.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

A couple Nightmares in the comic have had a Goopy theme to them.

Perhaps she is building up to being able to give a person "The Nightmare" as compared to "The Dream"

mindless speculation of course.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
So Tessa was just fully expecting to get killed here. And she decided to leave her house anyway. That's a bit sad.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Everything's going great.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.
I imagine there's usually a "Door has been opened during the Magical Girling Hours" alarm, that can be disarmed by residents. Probably would still normally go off in most houses, but maybe Tessa's family have left it on the "My daughter's a Magical Girl" settings.

Also, her family is more likely to be asleep at 10, since she's not out fighting monsters every night now.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Twibbit posted:

A couple Nightmares in the comic have had a Goopy theme to them.

Perhaps she is building up to being able to give a person "The Nightmare" as compared to "The Dream"

mindless speculation of course.

I remember us speculating that a while back, I think. She's definitely positioned as roughly equal to the golden/white girl and all her monsters being based o nfear, it seems like it'd make sense.

idonotlikepeas posted:

We don't really know how the Magical Girl Thing works in general; there's no reason that the Dark Magical Girl Thing couldn't work on similar principles. Goops does seem to be getting stronger (look how far she is out of the barrier now), but it's not clear why; it might be from killing magical girls, or it might just be something that's happening over time. Her dialogue doesn't indicate an urgency to her magical girl murders, even when she's by herself, but she might have been around long enough that urgency isn't something she feels in general.

https://www.sleeplessdomain.com/comic/chapter-9-page-11

And incidentally here's her commenting on how Golden is growing stagnant and she's getting stronger (as she emerges further)

https://www.sleeplessdomain.com/comic/chapter-13-interstitial
And her getting mad at not getting a kill on Rue

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

She's upset that she failed, but in that second link you'll also note that she says "While you keep me waiting, I have some time to kill". Obviously there's a double meaning to that (killing time and time to kill people in), but it certainly doesn't make it seem like she has to kill. She's spending time doing that while waiting for something else that's more important. (Tessa, perhaps?)

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

cant cook creole bream posted:

So Tessa was just fully expecting to get killed here. And she decided to leave her house anyway. That's a bit sad.

Maybe a gamble. Heads, she dies; tails, she gets powers she thinks she can use to immediately blast Goops with.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

FronzelNeekburm posted:

Maybe a gamble. Heads, she dies; tails, she gets powers she thinks she can use to immediately blast Goops with.

That’s very optimistic but the framing of the scene seems pretty clear: This was a straight up suicide attempt.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I mean Goops isn’t about to give her a pep talk so calling it an “attempt” seems premature.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

How much is it going to be Goops supercharging her magical battery with nightmare juice versus Goops wearing Tessa as a magical girl skin-suit to perform shenanigans during daytime?

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
That's what I'm wondering too. Though it would take Tessa's agency in the situation. I'd say having her play a part going forward still would be maximally dramatic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Feed your head