Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

I really wish the buddybot could ride in vehicles. I absolutely love it but unless you're walking around it's pretty useless. It also can't ride zip lines so it's super easy to just leave it behind. It's still very cool nonetheless and I'm glad they included it.

Racing is terrible though. All the vehicles handle like rear end and it's just so hilariously bad and out of place. I don't know why they included it in the Director's Cut.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I haven't done the Ruined Factory yet so while doing a chill delivery from Capital Knot to Ludens Fan over the mountain I was surprised to find a graveyard not dissimilar from MGS4. All the headstones had the same text on them. I didn't realize it was related to new content in the DC and at first thought it'd been in the game since the start or something. Neat thing to randomly find.

I started doing the Half-Life stuff which is just finding lost cargo but hey, I'll take any reason to go for a walk. Plus the rewards are neat.

E: Dipped back in for a little more and it seriously takes like 20 seconds from the PS5 dashboard to get into the game now, it's nuts. You start it and it skips all the intro stuff (it only shows them when you first start the game on the PS5) and throws you into the main menu, and when you hit "Continue", the loading bar just zooms by and you're playing the game. Fast travel only takes like 4 seconds too.

Stare-Out fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Sep 28, 2021

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Do you get anything from the racing? It's so incredibly terrible that I really don't want to do it.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

A friend decided to use the new cargo catapult for its offensive capabilities.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUIgAsRYCKk

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That owns so much. I really wish they’d up the range (via a patch), cause even maxed out it’s meh.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Honestly, neat as that is I don't particularly care for anything that makes traversal - the whole point of the game - easier. I want to pack Sam up beyond carry limit and make each step count, drat it. That's the fun of the game for me.

E: You can do tricks off a ramp on foot. Holy poo poo.

Stare-Out fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Sep 29, 2021

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Stare-Out posted:

Honestly, neat as that is I don't particularly care for anything that makes traversal - the whole point of the game - easier. I want to pack Sam up beyond carry limit and make each step count, drat it. That's the fun of the game for me.

E: You can do tricks off a ramp on foot. Holy poo poo.

Okay I now have to try and do a ramp trick.

I’d say the things that speed it up can be useful if you don’t want to deal with BT‘s. I enjoy the natural challenges, but I don’t mind blowing through a BT area after the first time.

On Ch 9 now and I’m probably going to finish the game since I’m skipping all the cutscenes (saw them before via YouTube), but that’s because I can’t wait to do more deliveries, finish stuff, or check out the new story missions.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Lobok posted:

A friend decided to use the new cargo catapult for its offensive capabilities.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUIgAsRYCKk

They really needed to take advantage of the engine and add some more scenic and silly stuff. I guess they technically did to an extent, as your friend demonstrated, but it wasn't advertised that way. Kojima games tend to have this element of personal experimentation which can leave people disappointed because they "didn't get what they wanted", when in reality they just had to use what they were given in a different way... For example I never tried using any of the EX #1 or #2 grenades because I just shot everything with hematic rounds, but now I want to throw poo bombs at living people just to see how they deal with it. Maybe even in the game, too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tqkMOu6h7Y

Pilotwings even had photomode way back when.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGNnY4RN9hM

TheMostFrench fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Sep 30, 2021

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Just crossed the tar belt and have noticed people talking about how much time is left but there are save spots between now and the end, correct? I normally play an hour-2 hours before bed. I know there are more episodes but are they actually compartmentalized?

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

poly and open-minded posted:

Just crossed the tar belt and have noticed people talking about how much time is left but there are save spots between now and the end, correct? I normally play an hour-2 hours before bed. I know there are more episodes but are they actually compartmentalized?

You won't be able to come back to the stuff you've been doing previously for a while but there are plenty of spots where you can punch out and come back between now and the end. Don't make the mistake of thinking you're into the end game and you should just power through, you'll be up all night. Many goons have made this mistake.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Cool, thanks

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

It's a Kojima game, so when you think it's about to wind down it's actually just winding back up for another 5 hours.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
This time around I'm taking the time to max out my rankings with all the preppers and knots. I forgot how bad some of the cameo's are. Especially that one. You know the one.

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

Romes128 posted:

This time around I'm taking the time to max out my rankings with all the preppers and knots. I forgot how bad some of the cameo's are. Especially that one. You know the one.

You must be otterly confused because it's the best one

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

It's easily the best one, especially because he's the only one voiced by the actual person. I was hoping for Sam Lake's broken Finnglish but no such luck.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
I meant the Chiral Artist

Also, how does the friend stuff work? If I add someone on PSN they're guaranteed to be part of my game? I'd love to add some of you guys.

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

Romes128 posted:

Oh ok, i actually hated that one so much i ignored doing any extra deliveries for them past the story stuff and forgot they existed

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Romes128 posted:

Also, how does the friend stuff work? If I add someone on PSN they're guaranteed to be part of my game? I'd love to add some of you guys.

I don't know if it's "guaranteed" but I believe it gives them priority when it comes to populating your world with stuff from other players. I think there's still an overall limit on how many people you will be matched with.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

DoubleT2172 posted:

You must be otterly confused because it's the best one

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
I added some of yall on PSN, but couldn't add others cause of their privacy settings.

Feel free to add me cause my world is full of ramps that I have to keep removing.

SpitInMyMouthBro

I'm sorry.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

I absolutely adore the new bodyslam and dropkick features :allears:

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Got a zipline network set up for the farm and weather station from Mama's place. Got the road built front Lake Knot to South know. Time to max out all the preppers before heading to the mountians.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Nice to get into the game and get like 15k likes from the roads I built 👍 I've gotten almost all of them except a couple. Downside is that the new road locations eliminated a lot of my ziplines but whatever.

The new missions are pretty fun, basically fetch quests but they get tricky after a point. It's nice to get new music as you do them too. The haptics and adaptive trigger additions are neat, carrying something super heavy makes the triggers harder to hold down and they vibrate as you walk like they're fighting back a bit.

It's been a while since I last played this on the PS4, but were there always those floating BT balloon things near the incinerator west of Lake Knot? It feels like there's a lot of stuff like that added. I don't remember the cargo on your back becoming translucent so you can see your Odradek when in a BT area for instance. I'm also definitely getting timefall in places that never had it before which is cool.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Stare-Out posted:

It's been a while since I last played this on the PS4, but were there always those floating BT balloon things near the incinerator west of Lake Knot?

Those were there in the original release.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Midjack posted:

Those were there in the original release.

Huh, I have no memory of them being in the world besides the end part of the game, especially in that particular spot. Intersting.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Stare-Out posted:

Huh, I have no memory of them being in the world besides the end part of the game, especially in that particular spot. Intersting.

You really had to go out of your way to find them and there was no reason to explore that little part of the map besides just wanting to see what was there.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Being able to see the odradek through your stuff was patched in after release iirc.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

being able to find Cyberpunk poo poo is enormously funny now

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Midjack posted:

You really had to go out of your way to find them and there was no reason to explore that little part of the map besides just wanting to see what was there.

It's almost right next to the incinerator there and it was the route I took to get to North of Mountain Knot so I would've seen them. I'm in the post-game now though so maybe that's why they're there now?

Romes128 posted:

Being able to see the odradek through your stuff was patched in after release iirc.

Okay cool. I remember having to switch shoulders in BT areas before but it's less of a thing now which is nice.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Stare-Out posted:

It's almost right next to the incinerator there and it was the route I took to get to North of Mountain Knot so I would've seen them. I'm in the post-game now though so maybe that's why they're there now?

Ah that may be different then, they were present on the shore of the crater lake near there when I played through in early 2020.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

I didn't realize that The Elder can die. :(

I was delivering him some urgent pacemakers and was greeted by a BT instead.

Is this a scripted thing? Or did I just not deliver him enough stuff? I'd only just finished hooking him into my zip-line network.

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

Not fast enough. You have to deliver them semi frequently from what I've read

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

It's ok he's an rear end in a top hat anyway

thumper57
Feb 26, 2004

Why does the guy need more than one pacemaker?

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

thumper57 posted:

Why does the guy need more than one pacemaker?

they're no good because you keep sending them by bot because you can't be assed to go up there

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Midjack posted:

Ah that may be different then, they were present on the shore of the crater lake near there when I played through in early 2020.

nah theyre there. i took that path the first time too and they're there, they're just super out of the way even on that path. you wont see them unless you go way out of your way, which i did

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Mules are still stupid easy in the Director's Cut. The Bola Gun and Grenade Launcher make short work of any camp.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Cowman posted:

Mules are still stupid easy in the Director's Cut. The Bola Gun and Grenade Launcher make short work of any camp.

I got absolutely destroyed by 3 Mule turrents when getting cargo for the Collector.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

I also found mules to be much harder when playing the game on very hard. Actually got my poo poo kicked in many times, while they were a breeze on normal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

playing on Very Hard is nice, incapacitated MULEs have hidden cargo that will often be high density resources