Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Preload is live. It's a little over 18 gigs.

Not for me (on steam) but maybe it's just not refreshed yet.

Edit: Apparently you have to request access to the open beta, despite having a preorder :shrug:

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Oct 5, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Yami Fenrir posted:

Yeah the ultimate/gold editions are just way overpriced for what they give you ingame (which amounts to "barely anything").

Probably still better than premium though.

regular is $99AUD on the xbox store and gold is $139 (includes the season pass and 4 skin packs) and ultimate is another $10 on top of that for the stupid midnight skin pack/OST/a PDF of game art.

its not like its a big jump in price from gold/ultimate but its definitely an extremely pointless one.

fwiw I got gold edition because I buy like 2 games a year now thanks to gamepass.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

is it not preloading on origin yet

Refried Hero
Jan 22, 2006

King of the grill

comedyblissoption posted:

is it not preloading on origin yet

It is, but you might be one of the lucky people, like me, who can't actually preload it cause of some Origin issue - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/The-2042-Beta-not-in-the-Origin-library-after-clicking-quot-Try/m-p/10800664#M3

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

I got it off green man gaming for the discount I wonder if that has anything to do w/ it

is there a discord for goons doing this beta

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

To get it to preload on Origin (where I bought it) I had to search for it in the store, and then click the "Try Now" button, and then I was able to add the beta to my library and begin downloading.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

Yami Fenrir posted:

Edit: Apparently you have to request access to the open beta, despite having a preorder :shrug:

Wait wtf, why else did I preorder?!

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
It's just a weird artifact of giving everyone a beta i think. We still get it earlier.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

To get it to preload on Origin (where I bought it) I had to search for it in the store, and then click the "Try Now" button, and then I was able to add the beta to my library and begin downloading.

Same here

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
Preloaded on my PS5. Battlefield 2042 is in my PS5. Gonna hit that poo poo tomorrow morning, worked from home on purpose :getin:.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

Thanks. I would never have guessed this sequence on my own. Steam and my Origin library both showed "gently caress you wait until Nov 10th".

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Yami Fenrir posted:

Haha, what the heck. Yea I pre-ordered it just now but it wouldn't install. Then I clicked "Request Beta Access" and it immediately goes, "Access Granted"

:shrug: indeed

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

The beta/this release really snuck up, looking forward to checking this out tomorrow. I hate the loving early access poo poo for the premium editions, I did that once for Forza Horizon 3 because I was desperate to play it over the weekend and vowed to never do that stupid poo poo again.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

So what is the release date if you buy the plebian $60 version of the game? Steam says 11/19, is that only for the more expensive versions?

Definitely a lovely bad practice either way.

Born in Bexhill
Apr 9, 2007
I say let the sweaty, “first in line to get an iPhone” players deal with the day one game breaking bugs and server crashes

I will buy when it is refined into a gentleman’s product

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Between letting everyone predownload the beta, and all of the gear being pre unlocked ready for to experiment with, this is miles ahead of the cod vanguard beta

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Born in Bexhill posted:

I say let the sweaty, “first in line to get an iPhone” players deal with the day one game breaking bugs and server crashes

The fun bugs are the ones that get fixed alongside the game breaking ones sadly

Born in Bexhill
Apr 9, 2007

jisforjosh posted:

The fun bugs are the ones that get fixed alongside the game breaking ones sadly

Lol true except in bfV later in the game’s life where I got in a match and got run over by a tank before the round actually started

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Lol at pretending the bugs are ever fixed in any reasonable amount of time

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

https://twitter.com/temporyal/status/1445333859655200769

Can't wait to play this poo poo

Born in Bexhill
Apr 9, 2007
Your honor, I plead guilty to all counts of utilizing the dart bug. May the court have mercy on my soul.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

https://twitter.com/_tom_henderson_/status/1445352195965194241?s=21

Please Dice

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum

Sab669 posted:

So what is the release date if you buy the plebian $60 version of the game? Steam says 11/19, is that only for the more expensive versions?

Definitely a lovely bad practice either way.
You get to play on the 12th if you buy the $90 version, which is a terrible way to release the game, but they got my money so maybe good for them.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Rusty posted:

You get to play on the 12th if you buy the $90 version, which is a terrible way to release the game, but they got my money so maybe good for them.

I hate this!

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Rusty posted:

$30 for a week early access, cosmetics, and 4 Battle Passes when a game like CoD has a $10 fee PER Battle Pass, it's not THAT bad a deal if the game delivers. (Big if there)

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Born in Bexhill posted:

I respect your decision to never buy a BF game ever again.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

jisforjosh posted:

$30 for a week early access, cosmetics, and 4 Battle Passes when a game like CoD has a $10 fee PER Battle Pass, it's not THAT bad a deal if the game delivers. (Big if there)

I don't think DLC has ever made me re-install a game honestly. Either I've long since moved on, or I bought the GOTY edition that included everything long after launch. I think The Witcher 3 might have been the first and probably only game to get me to do that.

I guess for the diehard BF fans who will play forever it's a decent deal, but as a casual player it's hella dumb to have two different actual launch dates.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

The accompanying operator had better be Joe Sakic

Or else some sort of elemental creature composed of rain and dope

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
A friend asked about my BFV hours and I checked: 490.
Goon squads apparently made the bad BFV good enough to spend this much time in it.

I am optimistic for 2042 now.

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

MMMPH MMMPPHH MPPPH GLUCK GLUCK OH SORRY I DIDNT SEE YOU THERE I WAS JUST CHOKING DOWN THIS BATTLEFIELD COCK DID YOU KNOW BATTLEFIELD IS THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER NOW IF YOULL EXCUSE ME ILL GO BACK TO THIS BATTLECOCK
What time does the beta actually go live, not preload but when can I play exactly?

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

My BF1 playtime is 420 hours.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Skyarb posted:

What time does the beta actually go live, not preload but when can I play exactly?

When is the Open Beta available?
Pre-load begins on October 5 (at 07:00 UTC on all platforms), but not everyone will be able to access the Open Beta at the same time. Early access is available October 6–7 (start playing at 07:00 UTC all platforms on 10/06) for anyone who has pre-ordered Battlefield 2042 or is an EA Play member. General access begins on October 8 (at 07:00 UTC on all platforms), at which point anyone can join the fight.

https://www.ea.com/games/battlefield/battlefield-2042/faq

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Hopper posted:

A friend asked about my BFV hours and I checked: 490.
Goon squads apparently made the bad BFV good enough to spend this much time in it.

I am optimistic for 2042 now.
Curious how Battlelog/stat tracking sites differ in tracking time

BFV 559 hours on Origin, 309 hours on Battlefield Tracker
BF1 607 hours on Origin, 659 hours on Battlelog, 341 hours on Battlefield Tracker
BF4 367 hours on Origin, 318 hours on Battlelog
BF3 201 hours on Origin, 372 hours on Battlelog
BC2 265 hours on Steam

I get that Origin is just time the game was loaded but then how the hell does BF3 have less loaded time than played lol

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

MMMPH MMMPPHH MPPPH GLUCK GLUCK OH SORRY I DIDNT SEE YOU THERE I WAS JUST CHOKING DOWN THIS BATTLEFIELD COCK DID YOU KNOW BATTLEFIELD IS THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER NOW IF YOULL EXCUSE ME ILL GO BACK TO THIS BATTLECOCK
How do I preload on steam? Its still greyed out for me.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

go to the store page and one of the buy options is for open beta and the price button will say request access

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Skyarb posted:

How do I preload on steam? Its still greyed out for me.

Click 'Request Access' at the bottom after pre-ordering and you should immediately be granted access and start preloading.

Not sure what the behavior is if you don't pre-order. I assume you still get immediate access, you just won't be able to play until Friday I think.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

https://twitter.com/temporyal/status/1445413612118548487

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

jisforjosh posted:

COD has $10 fee per battlepass but gives you enough cod bucks to purchase the next pass for free if you complete it.

I wouldn't buy the $30 edition for 4 passes if you can pay $10 and play the game to get the next 3 passes for free

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Preloading now, woop! I'm actually excited about this, I had a lot of fun in BFV at launch until they hosed around with the TTK too much and I got tired of the changes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
The 870 is in this :sickos: