Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Brought To You By posted:

New Mysteriese, Maidens, and Mysterious Disappearances

And Japan is a master at creating unwinnable horror scenarios and I'm interested how you fight the loving internet.

Al Gore Rhythms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Shadows House 109

So that's the clean coal I've heard so much about

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
Its been a while, but the finale of Fairy Tailor is out. Overall a very cute series.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Huzzah! posted:

Its been a while, but the finale of Fairy Tailor is out. Overall a very cute series.

Good news is that the author is still posting short chapters so maybe another volume will be published. I enjoyed the series but wish the plot thread with the mother would get hemmed down.

Author also had a nice exchange with a twitter user who of course makes miniature outfits for fairies.
https://twitter.com/fairy_dress_/status/1431504009500655621
https://twitter.com/ekawata_kiw/status/1431620886340112384

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Brought To You By posted:

Good news is that the author is still posting short chapters so maybe another volume will be published. I enjoyed the series but wish the plot thread with the mother would get hemmed down.

Author also had a nice exchange with a twitter user who of course makes miniature outfits for fairies.
https://twitter.com/fairy_dress_/status/1431504009500655621
https://twitter.com/ekawata_kiw/status/1431620886340112384

that series was really nice and this dress and illustration own. I hope that if the author makes more the people scanlating it keep up the work. And yeah it'd be nice if they went a bit more into the mother plot line.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

New Interrogation Princess
Its time for Sakura's debut torture.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

New Useless Panko
Surprisingly, having a robot shark rip your head off might cross a few wires.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Delicious swiss cake roll.

Forget if this was brought up before but Medusa and Futakuchi chan is a slice of life story of a medusa exchange student going to a japanese yokai highschool. Fair warning, chapter 8 involves a train molester, but otherwise is an easy going series.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

New Shimeji Simulation
Guess its time for Sis's isekai adventures to begin.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Finally, its time for more Hell-Lord and his family.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Huzzah! posted:

Finally, its time for more Hell-Lord and his family.

It was undeniably fun.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i will never get tired of that guy being a great father in mundane ways.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i will never get tired of that guy being a great father in mundane ways.

Favorite chapter is still the Isekai one where he beats the edgelord Isekai demon lord.

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

doomrider7 posted:

Favorite chapter is still the Isekai one where he beats the edgelord Isekai demon lord.

its one of the best. for anyone that has missed it, I dug it out:

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1006624

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Shadows House 110 & 111

I thought the morphs were small so it's weird that they seem to be the same size as Kate; maybe that was just Shirley due to her circumstances though.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

doomrider7 posted:

the black monarch arc is indeed the best geh heh heh

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Huzzah! posted:

Forget if this was brought up before but Medusa and Futakuchi chan is a slice of life story of a medusa exchange student going to a japanese yokai highschool. Fair warning, chapter 8 involves a train molester, but otherwise is an easy going series.

Hey this is real good, thanks!

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Huzzah! posted:

Delicious swiss cake roll.

More cute monster girl manga please.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Nate RFB posted:

Shadows House 110 & 111

I thought the morphs were small so it's weird that they seem to be the same size as Kate; maybe that was just Shirley due to her circumstances though.

Same reaction, thought they were in a much smaller container.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
I watched the shadows house anime and it motivated me to catch up on the last 40 or so chapters of manga I hadn’t read. First off, goddamn! Read Shadows House if you’ve been sleeping on it. Second, the anime has a different story? It doesnt surprise me with what was going on in the comic (lots of setup that would be difficult to show properly) but also interesting because I didnt feel the anime was too out of bounds of the themes of the comic (well I guess Kate gets some crazy soot powers to bail her out of predicaments).

Such a drat good setting, if the anime is veering into an original story I hope it keeps up the quality.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Shadows House 112

Can’t wait till Kate eats the rich

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Fellis posted:

Shadows House 112

Can’t wait till Kate eats the rich
Oh man Kate is having a fun time with this infiltration.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

:ohdear:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Was not expecting the Monster #8 cameo

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

doomrider7 posted:

More cute monster girl manga please.
Agreed, I might have exhausted Mangadex's "monster girl" tag. (I'm working on "vampires" and "ghosts")

Also does "cute" modify "girl" or "manga"? Because I think I could find you every permutation.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
It modifies 'monster'. They're looking for girl manga with cute monsters.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Elfface posted:

They're looking for girl manga with cute monsters.

:same:

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Oh hey, there is more Fairy Tailor
:kimchi:

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Huzzah! posted:

Oh hey, there is more Fairy Tailor
:kimchi:

There's a lot of smug on display this chapter. I love it

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Put Girls' Last Tour and Yokohama Shopping Trip in a blender and you get

World's End Touring

If you want to see rundown Japanese landmarks, this is the manga for you. Kind of :smith: as well.

But also :stare:

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

sinky posted:

Put Girls' Last Tour and Yokohama Shopping Trip in a blender and you get

World's End Touring

If you want to see rundown Japanese landmarks, this is the manga for you. Kind of :smith: as well.

But also :stare:

I remember recommending that to someone on that very basis. Here's another good one if you liked Hakumeo no Mikuchi.

Even If the World Is Over It's Fun to Live
https://mangadex.org/title/d1fa8ce7-ad9d-475d-9311-2a850b1f3336/even-if-the-world-is-over-it-s-fun-to-live

doomrider7 fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Oct 15, 2021

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

New Useless Ponko
Eh, just turn 'er off and on again. That'll fix it.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Love the princess using a big flashy RPG attack on a brain teaser

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Haven't seen this one mentioned here but I'm pretty sure 100 Girlfriends counts as surreal daily life. It also counts as super cute, sugary-sweet fluff that I can't read more than two or three chapters of at a time because any more than that gives me diabetes.

Also it is fuckin hilarious.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I've seen it posted in various threads/places and IMO it's fine for it be a cosmopolitan series that can discussed whenever/wherever. One of the better current comedies serialized right now.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I found out about that one a while back and for some reason it didn't have all the chapters in one place anywhere so I was waiting for that to be resolved before I got into it.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

RareAcumen posted:

I found out about that one a while back and for some reason it didn't have all the chapters in one place anywhere so I was waiting for that to be resolved before I got into it.
Jaminis Box strikes again

copy
Jul 26, 2007

RareAcumen posted:

I think a lot of groups were waiting for MD's reboot to suck a bit less before they migrated but I think the scanlators have uploaded everything to mangadex now. it's just the ordering is broken up by the volume feature they implemented there:

https://mangadex.org/title/efb4278c-a761-406b-9d69-19603c5e4c8b/the-100-girlfriends-who-really-really-really-really-really-love-you

I quit reading a while ago so I might be wrong but it looks like they've been getting weekly updates for a little while now

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Nate RFB posted:

Jaminis Box strikes again

copy posted:

I think a lot of groups were waiting for MD's reboot to suck a bit less before they migrated but I think the scanlators have uploaded everything to mangadex now. it's just the ordering is broken up by the volume feature they implemented there:

https://mangadex.org/title/efb4278c-a761-406b-9d69-19603c5e4c8b/the-100-girlfriends-who-really-really-really-really-really-love-you

I quit reading a while ago so I might be wrong but it looks like they've been getting weekly updates for a little while now

My problem was that they only had like chapter 57-73 or something weird like that for the longest time so I never started.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

khy
Aug 15, 2005

I don't know if it's been posted or not but

https://mangadex.org/title/6670ee28-f26d-4b61-b49c-d71149cd5a6e/mieruko-chan?page=2

Mieruko-chan. She can see ghosts. Not like, casper ghosts - like hosed up Junji Ito ghosts. So she does the only thing one can do in those situations - tries to just ignore the horribly hosed up poo poo around her.

It's halloween season so it's appropriate or something. Weirdly enough also has some really wholesome bits in between the horrifying psycho ghost stuff