Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

West coast best coast midnight beta access :hellyeah: locked and pre-loaded

steam havers: go to the store page and request access to the open beta (probably mentioned before but I missed it)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

So did everyone who tried to play it at launch.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Is the beta not unlocking at the same time for everybody? I might just have to write a letter.

In my time zone (GMT+8), it is apparently unlocking in 6 hours.

VV so I misread the battlefield official twit as 4pm instead of 3pm (my time), so that's actually in 5 hours which is still an hour later than 4 hours? I'm incensed. I'm not even gonna be home I'm going to be at work but still it's the principle!!

Shrimp or Shrimps fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Oct 6, 2021

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

UTC 7:00 it should be available for all. Which should be in about 4 hours?

I gotta wake up and take my car to the dealership :argh:

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Hello, old friend.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Julius CSAR posted:

Hello, old friend.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Came across a video saying that battlefield 5 released for consoles with no snap-on aim assist and no rotational aim assist for multiplayer. Only slowdown.

Then like a year after release they added these aim assist features back in with some console players upset about it since it totally changes the feel of the game. Keep in mind bf5 was a non-crossplay game afaik.

Will be interesting to see how 2042 releases.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
People who get mad about console aim assist are extremely weird. Console games without any aim assist are loving terrible imo. Hell Let Loose just came out on consoles and if you believe reddit having a slight aim assist that slows down your reticle is a war crime. Whatever aim assist BF2042 has it won't be better than using a mouse and keyboard no matter how many morons on reddit whine.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

I hope they achieve balance parity and not make it better than the best m&k players in the entire world in common situations.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
Beta starts in five minutes, but I have a work call for 45 minutes. Gonna be thinking about that sweet new BF the whole time, then i'm jumping in to have a taste. Work can wait. This is assuming there are no server issues, which of course there will be.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Please dont gently caress this up dice.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

I'm so drat ready to enjoy playing a Battlefield game again. Please make it at least as good as 4.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Already ddos'd on Xbox.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Lol i downloaded the xbone beta instead of the series x beta

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

I thought gamepass got in today?

It's giving me this bullshit QR code.

Ashrik
Feb 9, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.
ERROR
UNKNOWN ERROR

:shrug:

e: restart fixed it. I'm in!

ee: jk! I'm crashed!

Ashrik fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Oct 6, 2021

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

the best kind of error

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Did anyone try turning the battlefield off and back on again?

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Restart your console xbox havers. I'm in.

E: I'm not able to search for games 10/10 true battlefield experience.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Infidelicious posted:

I thought gamepass got in today?

It's giving me this bullshit QR code.

Same. Just getting the QR code message. I'm assuming it's typical launch instability stuff.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

Same. Just getting the QR code message. I'm assuming it's typical launch instability stuff.

Same here. I downloaded the beta through Steam so I really hope it isn't just looking to see if I pre-ordered on Steam.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?
It's up! I'm in! Just keep trying over and over.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Ashrik posted:

ERROR
UNKNOWN ERROR

:shrug:

e: restart fixed it. I'm in!

ee: jk! I'm crashed!
Yeah, it's definitely a battlefield game alright :v:

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

No dice, pun intended, on xbox in Australia. Had 30 minutes to play before I have to make dinner.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Man, was about to be put into a game then it said matchmaking canceled. :(

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

No dice, pun intended, on xbox in Australia. Had 30 minutes to play before I have to make dinner.

Same. Back to art of rally for an hour I guess

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Pre-ordering on Steam fixed the "you have to pre-order or be a EA Play member" issue so guess I'll just cancel that later if the game turns out to suck.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Oh poo poo just joined

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

I'm guessing having "EA Play with Game Pass" doesn't count as being an active EA Play subscriber because that's apparently not good enough to let me play. (but it is good enough to let me waste 20GB of data downloading it)

Oh well. Maybe I'll pre-order and cancel through steam

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
Game looks awesome on ps5 and the controller has nice feedback when shooting. Very excited. Sound is excellent too.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

AA truck is awesome good times, passenger seat has a shotgun. Tank third seat has a 40mm grenade launcher.

Movement is slippery and glitchy as hell and at one point I couldn't fire without opening the menu, causing me to fire after closing it; but all around, fun.

Ashrik
Feb 9, 2009

I know the release version is more advanced than the beta we're playing but

This feels so janky. The UI needs so much love.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

I'm guessing having "EA Play with Game Pass" doesn't count as being an active EA Play subscriber because that's apparently not good enough to let me play. (but it is good enough to let me waste 20GB of data downloading it)

Oh well. Maybe I'll pre-order and cancel through steam

Yeah, I'm running into the same issue. Activated that Play Pro thingy a couple weeks ago for a different game but it doesn't seem to let me in.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Ashrik posted:

I know the release version is more advanced than the beta we're playing but

This feels so janky. The UI needs so much love.

So you're saying it's Battlefield. Not excusing it (it should be better), but jank is what we should all expect. :dice:

Dr. Video Games 0031 fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Oct 6, 2021

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
gently caress yes. Played first match. 90fps average with max options. This game is like butter. Loving everything about it. Hardon central over here.

Battlefield is back!

Yessssssss!

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

It's loving good.

God dammit DICE you beautiful bastards made me happy for once.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
I'm at work all day and won't be able to play it for 7 hours, but I can read this thread as much as I please.

:negative:

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

you know what doesnt help make your game feel solid? loving sound effects that sound like a glitched out sound effect for mousing over every option in a menu

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Really enjoyed my first game despite being in a dark storm. Hurricane wasn't much of a factor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashrik
Feb 9, 2009

Qmass posted:

you know what doesnt help make your game feel solid? loving sound effects that sound like a glitched out sound effect for mousing over every option in a menu

Yeah that blows

Is anyone able to open the map? M does nothing.