Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

The United States posted:

Agreed but it does do a really good job of notifying you of map changes, which is important because THERE IS NO FULL SIZE MAP

Pressing M is supposed to pull up the map, according to key bindings.

I keep Pressing B and picking a vehicle but only once has it let me choose where to call a vehicle in :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Melman v2

Spuckuk posted:

Literally unplayable to entirely suspected 'cannot connect to EA servers' errors
I've found that it is often unable to connect to EA servers if windowed or alt-tabbed, but if fullscreen and kept on the loading screen it usually does. Weird.

Dead Like Rev posted:

SOOOOOO - Falks gun doesn't revive anymore from alpha to beta? the gently caress?
Yep heal only. So mostly useless. I guess you can heal others without carrying a healbox, but the limited ammo and the difficulty in actually hitting your teammates nixes that.

She does have the best dialogue when making big jumps in the buggy though, so still worth picking.

Sab669 posted:

Pressing M is supposed to pull up the map, according to key bindings.

I keep Pressing B and picking a vehicle but only once has it let me choose where to call a vehicle in :shrug:
Yep it's supposed to but it does nothing.

Pressing B, clicking once on a vehicle, and then clicking again on the ground works for me, but it has to be within a specific radius from you and any obstructions, including trees. Too far or too close and the whole green ring of spawning doesn't appear at all, so you have to do it in a fairly open area.

https://i.imgur.com/br0pMar.mp4

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Oct 6, 2021

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I must've just been in too 'busy' of a spot the few times I tried it then :shrug:

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Known Issues list

TLDR:
Getting an unknown error when matchmaking? Servers are full.
Getting a QR code when you have EA Play? They're working on it, contact EA Help if you want to confirm early-access eligibility
EMP Blast effect continuing after death? Disconnect and rejoin server. Should be fixed in final release.

Cross-Platform Squads currently disabled
PS5 Adaptive Triggers support not fully developed
Commrose not enabled - hit Q or RT to ping stuff
HDR disabled on PC, should hopefully be back for release
Voice Chat disabled, should be back in final release
Xbox Gameplay Recording bugged, fixed for final release

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

I just tried playing today after preloading, and I'm getting an unable to connect to servers error. But, also, I can't see a mouse cursor or anything on the screen and all I can do with the keyboard is select close or retry. Enter doesn't do anything. Escape doesn't do anything.

edit: got in and can use the mouse now, but only after getting to the play select screen.

Doctor Butts fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Oct 6, 2021

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSoGwvVxE8I

Can't accept changes lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYmiiN2jZ-w

... and everywhere I go prone my guy starts humping things :v:

I can't seem to Spot anything either.

I know it's a beta so I really don't care about the bugs tbh I just think they're funny. But I think I got my FPS fill while revisiting BF4 earlier this summer lol.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Dead Like Rev posted:

SOOOOOO - Falks gun doesn't revive anymore from alpha to beta? the gently caress?

The United States posted:

Yep heal only. So mostly useless. I guess you can heal others without carrying a healbox, but the limited ammo and the difficulty in actually hitting your teammates nixes that.

Haven't tried the Beta yet but my understanding was the intention is the Revive on the gun SHOULD still work but only close up, no more range component to it because it was broken as gently caress from a gameplay component. If that has been removed then yeah she's worthless, but a quick, full health revive would be worthwhile.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Doctor Butts posted:

I just tried playing today after preloading, and I'm getting an unable to connect to servers error. But, also, I can't see a mouse cursor or anything on the screen and all I can do with the keyboard is select close or retry. Enter doesn't do anything. Escape doesn't do anything.

Same. God Bless Dice.

Runs like poo poo on my 2080, when I was able to play briefly earlier before rebooting in an effort to make the piece of poo poo run worth a gently caress

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Doctor Butts posted:

Yea Space Bar is the "Accept Button".

Took me a sec of frantically hitting all the keys to figure it out.

Game runs great on my 3070, but then it loving should so...

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Beyond the bugs and bad ui decisions.

Is the US plane just flat out better due to the fact it can hover? I was crushing any air fight by just hovering and gunning people down.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Very inconsistent performance for me, it's hard to tell if it's lag related or what but it's all over the place on a 3080ti/3900X. Definitely get a bit of that sliding around feel that everyone is talking about. Also are all the sounds after dying supposed to sound weird and glitchy? The menu mouseover sound fx are one thing but I hear my person yelling for a medic and it's all scratchy like my headphones are hosed up. Pretty sure this is an intentional decision but man it's kinda bad.

Gameplay seems fun though. I like the grappling hook, calling in tank drops is sweet, the attachment system seems neat although it feels maybe a little too easy to switch your attachments on the go? I get putting a silencer on or off on the run but changing the barrel out on your gun in the field depending on what the situation requires is kinda weird.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

codo27 posted:

Same. God Bless Dice.

Runs like poo poo on my 2080, when I was able to play briefly earlier before rebooting in an effort to make the piece of poo poo run worth a gently caress

I've got a stock 2080 as well, and yeah it's not great. Same settings as BFV and it drops to 40-50s around the top of the map.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Stormgale posted:

Beyond the bugs and bad ui decisions.

Is the US plane just flat out better due to the fact it can hover? I was crushing any air fight by just hovering and gunning people down.

lol this is the most damning evidence that this game is bf3 ive seen so far

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

explosivo posted:

I get putting a silencer on or off on the run but changing the barrel out on your gun in the field depending on what the situation requires is kinda weird.

It's the year 2042, that kinda technology exists now.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Sab669 posted:

:hmmyes:

Of course. I'll buy that!

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
What was the last battlefield that the UI wasn't garbage? BF4?

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Sab669 posted:

It's a shame the technology doesn't exist to allow you to reliably see anything on the spawn screen, or switch away from a gun for an entire round (this just happened to me, I was stuck with the vector equivalent for an entire map no matter what I tried to do), or to reliably rez people, or to have any idea what you're doing wrong when you fire at someone and everything misses

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Got a couple rounds in early - robodog owns. Game is janky as gently caress on series x - glitching and tons of animation bugs.

Otherwise seems decently fun so far, Conquest still the worst game mode. Breakthrough 128 players please.

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

"And the goat shall bear upon itself all their iniquities unto a solitary place..."
Do goons have a battlefield discord?

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

kri kri posted:

Game is janky as gently caress on series x

https://twitter.com/PartWelsh/status/1445737559267500035

Oh Dice

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

i still get the qr code on ea play and cant' play

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Played one round over lunch, movement definitely does feel weird and the graphics don't impress me nearly as much as BFV but it seems like good fun so far. Pretty much just ran around shooting people and grappling hook zooming everywhere.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Played a couple rounds with an RTX 3080 Ti. Got 110 FPS at ultra quality 1440p. Turned it down to High quality, got 110 FPS. Medium, 110 FPS. Didn't try low, but I have a feeling I know how that would've went. Weird.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

Played a couple rounds with an RTX 3080 Ti. Got 110 FPS at ultra quality 1440p. Turned it down to High quality, got 110 FPS. Medium, 110 FPS. Didn't try low, but I have a feeling I know how that would've went. Weird.

Mine got better after rebooting, but still not great. But it did seem like changes to graphics settings didn't do anything. My CPU isn't working at all either, hovering at about 50 degrees. Even on max though at 1440p, something still looks kinda off to me.

I'll give it the next two days but considering cancelling the preorder. Not much to get excited about so far.

Uriah Heep
Apr 28, 2010

im having a bit of an existential crisis here guys
I pre-ordered the game last night on Amazon and have yet to get my code. What's the deal, is there any faster way to get this thing?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Hell of a time for windows to completely gently caress up and require a reinstall :negative:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Republicans posted:

Big fan of the shotgun slugs in this game. Unlike some previous Battlefields they generally hit what you aim at.

:same: I am in love all over again.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

is it just me or does the announcer sound like tom cruise

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Hopped in and played a round. Not great, not terrible

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?
Had really variable FPS earlier in the day, but maybe something changed server side, or I found some magic settings, but now was getting steady 120FPS on high/ultra mix (5900x - 12-core CPU and RTX 3080). But somehow doesn't seem very smooth at all times.

There is a lot of jank, and the hitreg seems very iffy at times (I hope they increase bullet velocity across the board), but there is enough to make me happy. BF gonna BF and Dice gonna Dice y'all.

One thing I find funny is when I kill an obvious bot, but it turns out to be a real player.

Uriah Heep
Apr 28, 2010

im having a bit of an existential crisis here guys

Uriah Heep posted:

I pre-ordered the game last night on Amazon and have yet to get my code. What's the deal, is there any faster way to get this thing?

pls goons Im itchy to see what all the fuss is about. If I preorder on steam will i get immediate access instead of waiting for this drat code?

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

yep and if its like new world, because its a seperate beta you don't put any hours into the real game so you can refund it, if you want.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
so is battlegoons what we're playing out of or where all the goons at on discord?

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Uriah Heep posted:

pls goons Im itchy to see what all the fuss is about. If I preorder on steam will i get immediate access instead of waiting for this drat code?

Yes, and on top of that your not giving money to Amazon.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

I'm loving it but how the gently caress do you upgrade guns/get attachments? I thought I read that the beta would have everything unlocked? I only get the option to choose one gun of each type in the selection screen and when I pull up the attachment thingy it won't let me select any of the others? How does this work?

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Hold T while in game and you can select an assortment of barrels, grips, scopes and other thingamajigs.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Just got a round in on PS5. Overall it's pretty fun. Kinda janky, but not too bad. My biggest gripe so far is I can't see what the controls are in the options menu. For some inexplicable reason helicopters ascend and decend with the left stick and I hate it. Give me my og bf3 helicopter controls plz. There's no way to tell what I'm changing a single thing to unfortunately.

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

How can we lose so much more than we had before

lol this happened at one point with Need for Speed Heat on the Xbox One. Basically it is what they say, if you have an external usb device plugged in, the controller doesn't initialize correctly or some bullshit. Of course for me, it was a hinderance because I was using an external hard drive to get around the Xbox One's slow rear end 5400 rpm drives, so I couldn't just disconnect the device. It took them a month to fix it. Good to know that this is apparently a Frostbite thing, because of course it is :dice:

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

"And the goat shall bear upon itself all their iniquities unto a solitary place..."

Uriah Heep posted:

I order it last night and got my code right now. Now I cannot join as the EA servers are down for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

So this game comes out in a little over a month and we still have no idea what Hazard Zone is?