Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1445516665307877383

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1445463894986616844

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I have zero idea what that means

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

meyer is a notoriously shady individual who also happens to be one of the most successful college football head coaches of this era at several colleges including ohio state. he 'retired' a couple years ago due to 'medical reasons' then after a couple years decided to try his hand at the nfl. after losing the first 4 games of this season and looking like a corpse on the field he flew back to columbus after the game where he had a few at a steakhouse wearing his ohio state clothes and decided to dryhump some coeds for good measure. this was all recorded of course

because meyer is now employed by the nfl, he can't call a booster/local cops/judge and sweep all of this under the rug &c

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

as someone who follows football tangentially while also being inundated with urban meyer chatter this has been a very entertaining day

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

graph posted:

meyer is a notoriously shady individual who also happens to be one of the most successful college football head coaches of this era at several colleges including ohio state. he 'retired' a couple years ago due to 'medical reasons' then after a couple years decided to try his hand at the nfl. after losing the first 4 games of this season and looking like a corpse on the field he flew back to columbus after the game where he had a few at a steakhouse wearing his ohio state clothes and decided to dryhump some coeds for good measure. this was all recorded of course

because meyer is now employed by the nfl, he can't call a booster/local cops/judge and sweep all of this under the rug &c
not a steakhouse, his steakhouse

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

FMguru posted:

after hanging with his grandkids

https://twitter.com/TylerIAm/status/1445475811939602438

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

:captainpop:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

FMguru posted:

i didnt realize he skipped the team flight back to jacksonville and instead took a private straight to columbus

reports from earlier today say he apologized in front of the team and they laughed at him

lmao

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

in addition to what everyone else posted it is a play on the common saying "college football players have trouble adjusting to the speed of nfl games"

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/aloria/status/1445439221209124865

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

carry on then posted:

in addition to what everyone else posted it is a play on the common saying "college football players have trouble adjusting to the speed of nfl games"

speed. my very limited understanding of American football is that the players run around for 15-20 seconds, have a break for a few minutes, and repeat that for 15 minutes, then have a bigger break. then repeat that whole thing three more times.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

speed. my very limited understanding of American football is that the players run around for 15-20 seconds, have a break for a few minutes, and repeat that for 15 minutes, then have a bigger break. then repeat that whole thing three more times.

then you’d loving suck at football lmao

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

(certain) american football players can run a 40 yard dash in a time that would be competitive at the olympics, on grass, while wearing a helmet and body armor.

Placeholder
Sep 24, 2008
watching the 40 yard dash at the olympics

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
american football has all kinda of different body type and athletic talent requirements for differ positions. the only thing all players on the field have in common is that they will all get traumatic brain injuries to the point where they do things like shoot themselves in the chest to commit suicide so that their brain can be examined by doctors in a fruitless attempt to prevent other players from experiencing the living death of sharp cognitive decline in their 30s and 40s

oh, and also they’re probably gonna have hosed up knees.

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender

I mean... when you change your password, it's good practice for the system to test it against dictionary words etc, and it can be flagged then.

Reminds me of when we implemented "you can't reuse any of your last 5 passwords" policy and a user was angrily convinced that this meant we must be storing his last 5 passwords in plaintext. The back and forth went on for days. The user was a developer, but had to have hashing explained to him.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Placeholder posted:

watching the 40 yard dash at the olympics

you know what i mean

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

writing on someone senior's whiteboard

he was still wrong though, as I pointed out later.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i was accused of hacking into another faculty member's computer because i deleted some icons from the shared desktop on a teaching station.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

this guy is king poo poo though

https://twitter.com/Jonny_artist/status/1445347562320449540

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
the term "hero" is perhaps overused in todays society, but

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

carry on then posted:

then you’d loving suck at football lmao

where is the lie in that description though

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

the part where they pull you off the field ever 8 minutes to be replaced by a special team wasnt covered

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

It shrinks???

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

if it doesn't after four hours, consult your doctor

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

the lie of omission in just how important speed is in the times the clock is actually counting down

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

like i get this is the "sportsball :smug: " crowd but complete ignorance of what the players of a professional sport are good at doesn't make you look smart like you think it does

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Kazinsal posted:

if it doesn't after four hours, consult your doctor
😎
👉👉

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

carry on then posted:

like i get this is the "sportsball :smug: " crowd but complete ignorance of what the players of a professional sport are good at doesn't make you look smart like you think it does

I'm not discrediting the enormous amount of skill and ability athletes have and pump extreme amounts of time into to perfect said abilities, I'm just saying that American football is a few hours of time going into 15 minutes of game more or less and that is incalculably boring. Watching a good game of soccer or basketball is far more entertaining to me.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I'm not discrediting the enormous amount of skill and ability athletes have and pump extreme amounts of time into to perfect said abilities, I'm just saying that American football is a few hours of time going into 15 minutes of game more or less and that is incalculably boring. Watching a good game of soccer or basketball is far more entertaining to me.

cool. thank you for your personal preference which nobody asked for

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

carry on then posted:

lmao sorry you get mad that people don't like your favorite sport

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

carry on then posted:

Its ok, I asked him for it. You can relax, but your vigilance is noted and appreciated, citizen.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i think football could be improved by making the games, say, 3 hours long but the clock is running the whole time. you can still call timeouts (maybe not in the last 10 minutes or something, idk) but it doesn't stop the clock.

lmao @ saying football doesn't have anything going on by a comparison to soccer though

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

i just thank god someone is here to defend football

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

rotor posted:

i just thank god someone is here to defend football

handegg

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

loving the discourse between people who have watched 15 minutes total in their lives of football/soccer confidently putting forward their very informed and groundbreaking opinions on how there’s too many breaks/not enough scoring

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Sagebrush posted:

i was accused of hacking into another faculty member's computer because i deleted some icons from the shared desktop on a teaching station.

last time something like that happened at my alma mater the guy shot up the biz school with mac 10s killing one

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
also australian rules is the best football

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

jesus WEP posted:

loving the discourse between people who have watched 15 minutes total in their lives of football/soccer confidently putting forward their very informed and groundbreaking opinions on how there’s too many breaks/not enough scoring

i cant believe that people think they can just say whatever they want