Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

I think this here has convinced me to buy/pre-order. Even though I can't fly worth poo poo in any BF game I just want to know these shenanigans are possible. Looks like it runs pretty smooth if you get on the right server, which likely means things will likely run pretty well later once the bugs are forcibly hammered out and there are more servers up.

I'll probably wait for another paycheck or two but this clip brings the Good BF Feels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.

Yami Fenrir posted:

How do you get to the vehicle spawn screen anyway? Is it separate?

I have been trying to get a chopper all day yesterday.

Below your HQ on the spawn screen, click the vehicle icon (the icon looks like a four wheeled vehicle but it's for all vehicle spawns, including aircraft).

Uriah Heep
Apr 28, 2010

im having a bit of an existential crisis here guys

Qmass posted:

this game feels aimless to me

Try using the arrow keys, best way to aim

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

Below your HQ on the spawn screen, click the vehicle icon (the icon looks like a four wheeled vehicle but it's for all vehicle spawns, including aircraft).

:negative:

WHY WOULD THEY DO THAT?!

I just thought everyone instantly stole everything other a single jeep or whatever!

Uriah Heep
Apr 28, 2010

im having a bit of an existential crisis here guys

Yami Fenrir posted:

How do you get to the vehicle spawn screen anyway? Is it separate?

I have been trying to get a chopper all day yesterday.

Click the little car icon near the HQ spawn point. Shouldn't be too hard to get choppers, I can score them very frequently

Edit: oops already answered

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.

Yami Fenrir posted:

:negative:

WHY WOULD THEY DO THAT?!

I just thought everyone instantly stole everything other a single jeep or whatever!

Yeah I found that confusing too.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

https://clips.twitch.tv/OilyDifficultIguanaNerfRedBlaster-q39FCDYRdlxaTcad

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

I don't notice it so much on foot but the negative mouse acceleration is REALLY bad in vehicles

edit: but its like that in bf5 too

Qmass fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Oct 7, 2021

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

No loving wonder

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

https://i.imgur.com/5WZELt9.mp4

also maybe dont hover in the f35

https://i.imgur.com/Kcm645q.mp4

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Oh how I have missed the KA-THUNK of landing a tank cannon shot on enemy armor and vehicles.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

How the hell do you turn off PS5 controller vibration for just loving walking around? Having my controller vibrate every time my dude takes a step is so loving annoying.

I’ve only seen a global vibration toggle in the settings, nothing walking-specific

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

I am greatful for my loop pedal
I havent really played a BF since 4 and I am absolutely sinking hours upon hours into this. Just been having an absolute blast with my group on this one only decent map.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
I haven't managed to switch squads ingame and can rarely join on people's games, how do you squad up in this beta? And what's this (4/4 party) next to some names, does it mean squad is full?

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.
The AA vehicle can't elevate its turret very much.

If you want to counter the AA tank in a helicopter just hover above it. It can't aim that high. lol.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Symetrique posted:

also maybe dont hover in the f35

B-b-but it’s cool

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Being able to switch to AP rounds on the fly is good, but also means i have to constantly switch to whatever’s best at the time because i’m broke brained

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
Map definitely feels like they picked it purely because of its scale. Hoping the rest of the maps arnt as big and empty

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

My switching amounts to putting on and off a suppressor and/or a good scope for the situation.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Is there still a max of 2 tanks available at one time? In a 128 player server? lmao

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

D-Pad posted:

I'm lvl 10 and have unlocked one SMG and one Assault. At what point do you get more guns

The guns in the beta are a small subset of the guns in the launch game

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

AP rounds seem good I theory but the last few rounds I’ve played, I’ve laid into choppers with the LMG and it doesn’t deter them at all from continually strafing the tower on B. The damage is so low, they’re pointless. I’m previous BFs if a few supports coordinated they could put a chopper pilot into actual danger.

I’m also amazed they made vehicles auto-heal. Why did they think that was a good idea?

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

I suspect they may have fixed the 'mouse emulates an analog stick' or it's an issue only impacting some players since I can't recreate the issue

I feel like the mouse felt extremely unresponsive when I was playing near the beta release

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
I've played a good few rounds now and not once has it got all rainy and stuff. From those gifs the map looks so much cooler with the stormy weather, it's super flat and dull when it's just sun. From a few pages back someone mentioning this feels like an imitation of a battlefield game, it does feel like that at times to me. The movement is just a bit off and some of the design choices definitely don't feel like 'Battlefield' but I suppose that's just the evolution of the studio and the people who work there. It kind of gave me similar vibes to when I tried out Hardline, although not nearly as bad. That game just felt wrong.

Still, saying that the more I play the more fun I'm having. I'm sure I'll get a good amount of hours out of the game when it's out.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

I've gotten the tornado once. I was on B with a friend shooting down choppers (or attempting to at least, a single stinger has trouble with that, even with ammo support) and the tornado went parallel to the tower. It was quite an experience, especially when it sucked up a scout chopper trying to shoot us :allears:

That said, I do feel like I might not enjoy All-Out Warfare as much as Hazard Zone or Conquest Small or whatever. I'm having fun, yes, but it does feel a bit too much. Like, vehicle spam has always been a bit annoying and several matches I've played I felt like I had 2 or more choppers on my rear end at all times.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Oct 7, 2021

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Game runs better than I thought it would on my increasingly-ancient-feeling 1070, albeit with a bit of stuttering when first entering a map that's probably because I'm running off of a mechanical portable drive.

Haven't tried the Xbox version yet because I accidentally downloaded the XBone build instead of the Series X build.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Honestly the worst crime of the game is putting C5 and Ammo crates on the same slot.

I just want to blow up tanks yo!

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Shhh. My Common Sense is Tingling

Yea something feels off with the sens, I'm still investigating/tweaking but the settings are all off from what I have in BF1.

Also did you know?

You can kill with the grapple:

https://imgur.com/JBrsMd2.mp4

One trick to kill those pesky lil birds

https://i.imgur.com/dgrfQjg.mp4

There are makeshift ambulances

https://i.imgur.com/J9r3P1E.mp4

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Jumped into a game with the default soldier loadout. I can't stop firing my weapon, I tried remapping the default bindings to something non-default (Ctrl > Numpad 3, LMB to Side Button 4) but it's still happening. My dude just empties all the ammo I have immediately upon spawning. I cannot fire normally, either. Anything bound to 'Fire' doesn't work.

Same if I switch to other equipment (pistol fires one round, grenades get immediately primed). No idea how I can fix this.

EDIT: Manual reloading also doesn't function. Doesn't matter what I bind it to, the game will only reload if the magazine is emptied, not if I try pressing the key that the game literally displays on the screen.

EDIT 2: Okay, so the solution was to go to the key bindings and unbind the controller input for Fire (edit it and hold ESC, it'll empty the binding).

Come to think of it, I think I had a similar bug back in BF3...

ErrEff fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Oct 7, 2021

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
I can't help but feel that there would be more awesome big battles and a better flow of combat if we had squads with like 6-8 people instead of 4. With 128 people, it just feels a little too sparse and 'individual' with only three other dudes to spawn on / support.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

the different magazines act as different ammo pools for some weird reason so the abysmally low ammo you spawn with is actually not that bad

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
What's the deal with the scoreboard? It's confusing as gently caress. Is there anyway to change it to what it used to be like?

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Aphex- posted:

What's the deal with the scoreboard? It's confusing as gently caress. Is there anyway to change it to what it used to be like?

The whole UI is confusing. An interview claims dice say they have changed a lot since this build, but doesn't say what.
All the battlefields since BF4 have been pushing a "controller/tv friendly" UI with each release progressively getting worse. That's in quotes because i don't actually think they are controller friendly but its clear they are attempting to do and failing.

henpod posted:

I can't help but feel that there would be more awesome big battles and a better flow of combat if we had squads with like 6-8 people instead of 4. With 128 people, it just feels a little too sparse and 'individual' with only three other dudes to spawn on / support.

Agreed. 4 feels to small to have any impact on the map and player count of this size.

Turra
Oct 28, 2006

Help! A guinea pig tricked me.
I'm guessing it's pretty hard to make a 64v64 scoreboard that is at all readable without annoying scrolling. Didn't a previous game already have to scroll some of them?

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

For Orbital to be any kind of fun I figure you'd need at least 4096 players. It reminds me of that one and only map I made for UT all those years ago where I just kept adding nonsensical sections until you'd have to run around for 5 minutes to find someone in a 16 player game.

I cant believe the mouse input just emulates a god drat analog stick. That explains why controlling vehicles feels like driving a dodge with square tires. I usually dominate in vehicles but it just feels so awful. Pretty cool too how it would take roughly 100 rockets from the little bird to disable a tank. I mean sure, that thing probably shouldn't be equipped for that but it still sucks, seeing nothing else in these games makes sense either.

Also fucckkkkk the 72 hour death countdown. I think was revived twice all together, and that was near the end last night. One of the biggest problems right now is how much poo poo takes you out of the action. Like spawning slightly too late at round start and having to run several miles until you can see an enemy, or anyone else for that matter.

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

Should just make it so during the first minute after round start you can spawn infinite transport vehicles, or atleast like 20 idk

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

eonwe posted:

I played with some people tonight, and as always, that is so much more fun. Game owns

Yep, BF has never been a good solo experience apart from the Bad Company games imo

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

I still haven't figured out how to change the keybind for the optics magnification (or switching from the 3.5x to holosight)

Map key doesn't work. Still can't get my HOTAS to work with it.

For some reason, also, there's no indicator whether I'm in full or semi auto.

Is there a way to pick what class your want when the game starts/loaded in? I try to reselect not nothing happens and I have to spawn in/redeploy to be able to change class.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Mega Comrade posted:

Map definitely feels like they picked it purely because of its scale. Hoping the rest of the maps arnt as big and empty

Orbital is one of 2042’s smaller maps and was chosen because DICE are so proud of how fun it plays, lol. They have absolutely no idea what theyre doing.

https://twitter.com/ogabrielson/status/1445676088642789384

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Doctor Butts posted:

For some reason, also, there's no indicator whether I'm in full or semi auto.

I think it maybe only shows in the bottom right corner when you're ADS? Or maybe only when you're not? I do know that it does show because I noticed once that the crosshairs themselves change depending on the firing mode because I remember thinking that was kind of a neat idea. Switching from Auto/Semi changed it from a full + crosshair to a T. I had to check to make sure there was another place to see it though and it was there in the UI in the bottom corner as well.