Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Lowen SoDium posted:

The chud belief that an experimental vaccine altering someone's DNA to be something other than human is straight out of Metroid Fusion.

What other Nintendo properties are we living through now?

What was that scary game on the GameCube where it started doing weird poo poo as your sanity decreased?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NC Wyeth Death Cult
Dec 30, 2005

He lost his life in Chadds Ford, he was dancing with a train.
In the 1994 pilot episode of 'The Critic' set in New York, a model/actress with a thing for nebbish, emotionally stunted men ran down a list of questions she always gets and one of the things she says is she "dated" (her air quotes) Donald Trump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqeFed0RyLo&t=371s

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I'm sick of seeing animated weiners french kissing in every fucking GBS thread.

Lowen SoDium posted:

The chud belief that an experimental vaccine altering someone's DNA to be something other than human is straight out of Metroid Fusion.

Trump has a comic book rogue's gallery surrounding him, there's a legit chronological canon Trump Cinematic Universe, and videogames are real

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/1446476227670331401?s=21

quote:

Michael Flynn to QAnon Believers: I’m Not a Satanist!

Former Trump National Security Adviser Michael Flynn has been on a relentless media tour since his pardon last year, sitting for interviews with even the most obscure right-wing media outlets to promote the MAGA agenda.

But on Tuesday, Flynn appeared on a little-known YouTube channel called Truth Unveiled TV for a very different reason: rebutting the idea that he led a church congregation in a Satanic ritual borrowed from a nuclear doomsday cult.

In a video entitled “Some Have Said That General Flynn Prayed to Satan in a Recent Prayer,” host Paul Oebel gave Flynn a chance to rebut the growing right-wing controversy alleging he’s signed on with Lucifer.

“I even saw a show the other day saying ‘Michael’s flipped on the side of the devil,’” Oebel said. “Can you please explain what happened there?”

“All of these people that talk about turning to whatever...” Flynn said. “People need to stop overthinking what everybody is saying.”

The bizarre YouTube interview marked Flynn’s latest attempt in a weeks-long campaign to convince his one-time fans in the QAnon conspiracy theory movement that he isn’t a Satanist.

Prior to the unusual controversy, Flynn had embraced his position as a hero to supporters of QAnon, taking a QAnon oath, raising money from QAnon believers, and selling QAnon T-shirts. In May, Flynn even appeared at a QAnon conference and endorsed the idea of a military coup.

But QAnon fame is a fickle thing. After promoting QAnon for more than a year, Flynn now finds himself on the business end of the conspiracy theory. Like QAnon targets before him, Flynn is now struggling to persuade angry QAnon believers that he isn’t a secret Satan-worshipper.

Flynn didn’t respond to a request for comment.

Flynn’s trouble started on Sept. 17, when he led a congregation at Nebraska pastor Hank Kunneman’s Lord of Hosts Church in prayer. Flynn’s prayer included invocations to “sevenfold rays” and “legions,” two phrases that struck some of Flynn’s followers as strange.

“We are your instrument of those sevenfold rays and all your archangels, all of them,” Flynn said, later adding, “We will be the instrument of your will, whatever it is. In your name, and in the name of your legions, we are freeborn, and we shall remain freeborn, and we shall not be enslaved by any foe.”

As video of the prayer circulated in online conspiracy theorist groups, the references to “legions” and “rays” soon sparked speculation among Flynn’s right-wing supporters that their hero had been lured to the dark side. Always on the lookout for the Satanic influence they imagine lurks at the heart of the world, they claimed that Flynn had secretly been worshiping the devil. Worse, since the congregation was repeating the prayer after Flynn, the rumor went, he had duped hundreds of Christians into joining the ritual.

“A lot of people in the Christian world believe that when you pray to rays of light and legions that you’re praying to the devil,” Oebel, the YouTube host, explained in his interview with Flynn.

Rick Wiles, an extremist antisemitic Florida pastor who runs a conspiracy theory outlet called TruNews, seized on Flynn’s prayer in a nearly hour-long TruNews broadcast last month blasting the retired lieutenant general. While Wiles’s cohost claimed that the mentions of “rays” and “legions” demonstrated Flynn was praying to the devil, Wiles said Flynn was threatening his followers’ souls.

“My advice to you is to separate from Gen. Michael Flynn,” Wiles told his audience. “I don’t care about politics, I care about your soul.”

The Satanic panic sparked by Flynn’s prayer bears more than a passing similarity to the Flynn-endorsed QAnon movement, in which figures like Hillary Clinton, George Soros, and Barack Obama have been accused of being cannibalistic Satanists—or, in QAnon parlance, ”Luciferians.” It also recalls Pizzagate, the baseless conspiracy theory once endorsed by Flynn’s son, Michael Flynn Jr., which holds that a Washington pizzeria doubles as a Satanic sex dungeon for pedophiles.

Lin Wood, a QAnon-endorsing pro-Trump lawyer who has appeared at some of the same right-wing conferences as Flynn, acknowledged the rumors in a Sept. 22 post on social media app Telegram. In his post, Wood seemed to defend Flynn while distancing himself from the prayer.

“I find nothing in the Bible about seven rays of light or legions,” Wood wrote.

On Sept. 25, Flynn acknowledged the growing controversy among his supporters. In a post on social media app Telegram, Flynn said the prayer was about his namesake, St. Michael, adding that it has “great meaning to me.”

Yet his post didn’t mollify many of his QAnon followers, who commented in anger under Flynn’s post.

“I’ve never heard anyone pray the 7 fold ray in a Christian prayer,” one confused Flynn supporter replied. “What am I missing?”

Flynn’s prayer bears a striking resemblance to a prayer by Elizabeth Clare Prophet, the now-deceased leader of an anticommunist doomsday cult obsessed with nuclear war. Prophet’s group, the Church Universal and Triumphant, reached its peak in 1990, the year she predicted much of the world would be destroyed in a fiery nuclear exchange between the Soviet Union and the United States. Prophet’s followers flocked to her Montana ranch, building fallout shelters for an apocalypse that never arrived.

Twitter user Jim Stewartson first noted the similarities between Flynn’s prayer and Prophet’s. Both prayers mention “legions” and “seven-fold rays,” and are nearly identical in their phrasing.

For example, in one address to her congregation, Prophet said, “In the name of Archangel Michael and his legions, I am freeborn, and I shall remain freeborn, and I shall not be enslaved by any foe within or without.”

By comparison, Flynn told the Nebraska church congregation, “In your name and the name of your legions, we are freeborn, and we shall remain freeborn, and we shall not be enslaved by any foe within or without.”

Hank Kunneman, the Nebraska pastor whose church played host to Flynn, eventually acknowledged the Satanic accusations himself. In a cryptic address to his congregation on Sept. 26, Kunneman avoided mentioning Flynn by name but said he had received messages claiming a speaker at his church had performed a Satanic prayer.

“Can you just give people a break?” Kunneman asked his congregation.

Wood addressed the Satanism allegations against his MAGA ally again on Wednesday, claiming his own supporters had been asking him about whether Flynn’s prayer meant he was a member of the occult.

“Occult prayer???” Wood wrote. “Are you kidding me???”

Flynn isn’t the first right-wing figure tied to QAnon to see its acolytes turn on him. Oklahoma Senate candidate Jackson Lahmeyer, whose challenge to Sen. James Lankford (R-OK) has been endorsed by Flynn, appeared at an April pro-QAnon conference with Flynn in Tulsa.

A few months later, however, Lahmeyer posted a seemingly innocent picture of his daughter wearing red shoes—apparently unaware that QAnon followers consider red shoes to be yet another sign of their imagined Satanic sex-trafficking cabal. Lahmeyer was soon caught up in a QAnon controversy of his own.

"Unfortunately, I have to say it because people are asking me," Lahmeyer wrote in a Facebook post. "I’m in no way involved in Child Sex Trafficking, pedophilia or devil worship."

:lol::laffo::roflolmao::laffo::lol:

Something about, “when you ride the tiger, you end up in its belly.”

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Lowen SoDium posted:

Legend of Zelda - Dodongo dislikes smoke just like Biden-Obama dislikes freedom.

Super Mario Bros - Tanookis have giant balls, much like the balls the Covid "vaccine" will give you

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

OgNar posted:

Haha, 850y old voter
You're a real winner Mike

https://twitter.com/ZTPetrizzo/status/1446306403468161049

Somewhere in a swing state, a vampire just got very nervous.

No joke, I want to know where he's getting this. I want to see the records that make him think there's an 850 year old on voter rolls. I want to see how they backtracked this person to before the signing of the Magna Carta. I know it's going to be garbage, I want to laugh at how garbage it is.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
I'm going to push the information that Flynn worships the devil HARD. "What if Q is THE DEVIL?" I'll ask to increasingly panicked cult members.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
aaaah the republican party platform: "be happy for the scraps we're constantly trying to take from you"

Random Stranger posted:

Super Mario Bros is a bad movie no matter how you slice it, but it's such a unique and off-the-wall film that it's worth watching anyway.
there's a sex worker grinding her heel on the desk sargent's shoulder when he's asking the mario associates for their information. it is not addressed or acknowledged.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

A Fancy Hat posted:

Local Republican committee page posted that article about more people dying of covid in 2021 than in 2020. What's amazing is how the right's messaging on Covid has completely splintered the group, because the comments on that article absolutely make up a spectrum of crazy right-wing thought. Highlights include:

"Maybe the V is killing them???"

"Shouldve tried hcq and ivermectin from the start...even if only by patient consent..."

"FAKE PLANDEMIC HOAX WHY POST THIS"

"are the rinos now looking to do lockdowns???? they do not work why"

"the MASK is making the kids sick, my grandson is a VICTIM google it! FBook doesn't let you say about the V"

"Please do not post fake news about the china flu, we have access to the Trump Vaccine now (IF YOU WANT IT!)"

Then a ton of in-fighting between these people. It rules and I'm gonna guess at least a few of these people die of covid Christmas.

If this goes on longer, the next mutation is going to cut through these morons like a scythe.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Lowen SoDium posted:

Conduit 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUVWS7eloEc

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

A Fancy Hat posted:

Yeah my BiL is probably not gonna die but he's still in the hospital and now my SiL is also sick. Seems like a more mild case (at least so far) but she's basically bedridden with really nasty flu symptoms.

As of now BiL (who is 26 years old I think) will probably need a CPAP machine to sleep for the rest of his life.

Are they living in texas, because good luck when the power goes out again.

Lol

yook
Mar 11, 2001

YES, CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG IS ABSOLUTELY A KAIJU

Oscar Wild posted:

https://twitter.com/Revelation2041/status/1445892149002727430?t=3YVPKpAe0ZyfiRdDonBpYg&s=19

As believable as the woman who stuck the spoon to her clammy, greasy flesh claiming she was now magnetic.
That could be legit, when I got the second moderna shot I got the chills so bad a trip to the bathroom was enough to get me shaking and involuntary seizing up.

I just spent a day bundled up with pajama wear until it passed rather than bugging the gently caress out to the hospital and tweeting about it.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

OgNar posted:

Haha, 850y old voter
You're a real winner Mike

https://twitter.com/ZTPetrizzo/status/1446306403468161049
So then do something about it Mike! Quit talking and do something! DO IT!

All the Qs always telling us to sit back and enjoy the show but this is the most boring show ever, nothing happens. They just keep setting up plot threads without any payoff like it's Netflix over there. Take it to court, let's see that evidence Mike! Put your balls where your mouth is!

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

What was that scary game on the GameCube where it started doing weird poo poo as your sanity decreased?

Eternal Darkness

E:

InsertPotPun posted:

aaaah the republican party platform: "be happy for the scraps we're constantly trying to take from you"

there's a sex worker grinding her heel on the desk sargent's shoulder when he's asking the mario associates for their information. it is not addressed or acknowledged.

Are you sure you weren't watching Super Hornio Bros?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Donald Trump Cinematic Universe in chronological order:

• Vampire's Kiss (1988)
  • Back the the Future Part II (lol it all happened) (1989)
  • Gremlins 2 (for the one that looks presidential and only shows up in the movie to do so) (1990)
  • Home Alone 2 (doing something so uncharacteristic it is shocking) (1992)
  • Super Mario Bros. (1993)
  • The Celebrity Apprentice (2004-2007)
  • The Presidency of the United States of America (2016-?)

feel free to add to the list

edited in BTTF because I'm also very presidential

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Oct 8, 2021

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

MrQwerty posted:

• Vampire's Kiss (1988)
  • Gremlins 2 (for the one that looks presidential and only shows up in the movie to do so) (1990)
  • The Presidency of the UNited States of America (2016-?)

Back to the Future 2

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

AFewBricksShy posted:

Back to the Future 2

god drat it I forgot one of the most glaring ones :emo:

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

Random Stranger posted:

No joke, I want to know where he's getting this. I want to see the records that make him think there's an 850 year old on voter rolls. I want to see how they backtracked this person to before the signing of the Magna Carta. I know it's going to be garbage, I want to laugh at how garbage it is.

Error in date of birth : 1970 -> 1170

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Born Again Christians are among the absolute worst groups in America. They have never once made anyone's lives better.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

yook posted:

That could be legit, when I got the second moderna shot I got the chills so bad a trip to the bathroom was enough to get me shaking and involuntary seizing up.

I just spent a day bundled up with pajama wear until it passed rather than bugging the gently caress out to the hospital and tweeting about it.

Did you raise your leg melodramatically before the shivers? Did you pause when you heard someone walking past? Did the shivers only affect your stanky leg?

This sort of performative bullshit is getting people killed.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Steadiman posted:

So then do something about it Mike! Quit talking and do something! DO IT!

All the Qs always telling us to sit back and enjoy the show but this is the most boring show ever, nothing happens. They just keep setting up plot threads without any payoff like it's Netflix over there. Take it to court, let's see that evidence Mike! Put your balls where your mouth is!

One of the original tenants of the Q belief structure is that they didn't need to actually do anything. Everything Q was telling them was already in motion, Trump was tearing down the Deep State with the help of "the generals" and everything Q told them was just information and not something to act on.

At this point a ton of them have just dropped that belief, mostly because reality and Q predictions don't mix and so now they either run for office to make things happen or are grifting the other morons because it's the natural conclusion of any conservative movement. People like Mike are so brokebrained they'll just believe anything they see, even if they wrote it themselves and know they made it up.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

MrQwerty posted:

• Vampire's Kiss (1988)
  • Back the the Future Part II (lol it all happened) (1989)
  • The Presidency of the United States of America (2016-?)

edited in BTTF because I'm also very presidential
1989: ghosts can't do it.
NSFW FOR TRUMP KISSY FACE

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
https://twitter.com/noahlove/status/1446511898552324099

Sadly accurate :canada:

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

I like how Trump filmed scenes for a bunch of other movies so they'd let them use his properties and then they just cut him out of the movie lol

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

NC Wyeth Death Cult posted:

In the 1994 pilot episode of 'The Critic' set in New York, a model/actress with a thing for nebbish, emotionally stunted men ran down a list of questions she always gets and one of the things she says is she "dated" (her air quotes) Donald Trump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqeFed0RyLo&t=371s

Shame Lovitz is a loving chud.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
read this thread if you want to be incredibly enraged on this beautiful Friday :thumbsup:

https://twitter.com/bykenarmstrong/status/1446505198516535297?t=-ZRGy_ZrV9MBhYF5CvvpWA&s=19

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

in joe biden’s america, nurses will soon be doing surprise drive-by vaxxings with the syringe gun from team fortress 2

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

They let the Texas school shooter from yesterday or the day before out on bail. He was bullied for being privileged so ya know, shot some people.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
Back up in your rear end with the vaccinations!

Horse paste is a waste gently caress your ivermectin!

You'll get an infection!

Don't listen to those fools on Capitol Hill

Because it's die, motherfuckers die!

Just get the shot, fool...

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

Aerith Gainthborough posted:

what? noooooo

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Sedgr posted:

They let the Texas school shooter from yesterday or the day before out on bail. He was bullied for being privileged so ya know, shot some people.

Affluenza strikes again

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Aardvark! posted:

read this thread if you want to be incredibly enraged on this beautiful Friday :thumbsup:

https://twitter.com/bykenarmstrong/status/1446505198516535297?t=-ZRGy_ZrV9MBhYF5CvvpWA&s=19

Tennessee is probably the worst state I've visited, giving Alabama and Mississippi a run for their money.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

More Americans may have died of COVID in 2021 than 2020, but on Biden’s inauguration day, we had just passed 400k, so you can’t yet say more Americans died of COVID under Biden than Trump… yet.

But we’ll get there, I’m sure.

Yeah, we will. It’s a part of their strategy. Use the chud tv networks and social media to encourage people to fight masking and vaccination (while the entire Fox News staff is of course vaccinated themselves), let the bodies stack up, then blame the current administration for the situation they’ve caused.

You have to figure these ghouls probably also sat down and attempted to calculate how many of their own voters this is liable to kill off, and likely concluded that with redistricting and new vote suppression laws, they’ll be fine. That’s how incredibly sick this whole thing is.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Aw gently caress, seriously? Goddamn.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

What?! Ahhhhh gently caress

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Frank Frank posted:

Aw gently caress, seriously? Goddamn.

He's a registered Democrat. He was critical of Obama, but I'm pretty sure most of us here have been in this boat.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

A Fancy Hat posted:

"Please do not post fake news about the china flu, we have access to the Trump Vaccine now (IF YOU WANT IT!)"

See it's quotes like this that make my brain short circuit as if I'm a robot encountering a logical paradox. Like I can't draw a through line of thought no matter how many times I read it.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Nocheez posted:

He's a registered Democrat. He was critical of Obama, but I'm pretty sure most of us here have been in this boat.

I have some bad news for you..

rat race is stupid fun

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Nocheez posted:

I don't know about Lovitz but people ITT sometimes call very much not conservatives "chuds" for making a single statement daring to question a dem, and it makes me very disappoint

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

alot of the 90s snl cast were republicans i think