Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I think pretty much everyone who enjoys sports can agree that non-pro games are really some of the most fun to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I think pretty much everyone who enjoys sports can agree that non-pro games are really some of the most fun to watch.

for sure

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i grew up in basketball country, but ms jones got me into football. the tbi stuff is just too much though and it really bums us out, same with the rapid decline of the nfl into terrible terrible politics. i also like basketball (obviously), baseball, soccer, gaelic football, hurling, aussie rules, curling, and pretty much whatever. i'd probably like cricket and rugby but have never really watched either

please update yospos.xlsx accordingly

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

minato posted:

a user was angrily convinced that this meant we must be storing his last 5 passwords in plaintext. The back and forth went on for days. The user was a developer, but had to have hashing explained to him.

if you pay attention to infosec twitter, people constantly make this mistake. it's one of hte many reasons i stopped paying attention to that

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
i actually like football but sometimes jeez

i also really like that ninja warrior show which is basically a sport

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

rotor posted:

Satsuke Japan episodes are loving WILD. Other than the raw athleticism the most enjoyable part is that how EVERYONE is rooting the other competitors on.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Satsuke Japan episodes are loving WILD. Other than the raw athleticism the most enjoyable part is that how EVERYONE is rooting the other competitors on.

yeah the japanese ones are great because of that, its just wholesome as gently caress

are they still making more of them?

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Apparently last December they aired the big competition (I'm sure it was changed due to Covid) and there's another scheduled for this year. It'll be the 39th one.

Also I mis-spelled. It's Sasuke not Satsuke :sweatdrop:

edit: it's amazing that most years there is NO final winner.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

rotor posted:

the term "hero" is perhaps overused in todays society, but

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
ultimate beastmaster on netflix is almost as good as ninja warrior imo

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Kenny Logins posted:

season 2 supremacy

also beast master was filmed at the same place as Wipeout was — and is. they tore the best down to do more wipeout :smith:

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

I always have a bit of a chuckle when people get all stroppy about my not liking sports despite the fact that really, for any given sport I just dislike exactly one more team than they do

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

I always have a bit of a chuckle when people get all stroppy about my not liking sports despite the fact that really, for any given sport I just dislike exactly one more team than they do
:hmmyes:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

bruins fan here. everybody shits on us constantly and it only makes my resistance stronger

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Kenny Logins posted:

ooo ima have to check it out

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Apparently last December they aired the big competition (I'm sure it was changed due to Covid) and there's another scheduled for this year. It'll be the 39th one.

Also I mis-spelled. It's Sasuke not Satsuke :sweatdrop:

edit: it's amazing that most years there is NO final winner.

drat i gotta do a better job of finding these

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Jonny 290 posted:

bruins fan here. everybody shits on us constantly and it only makes my resistance stronger

tbf boston fans are pretty fuckin awful

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
qed

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

rotor posted:

ooo ima have to check it out
as has been said i think the formula is better in s2. s1 is trying to sell the concept very very hard and they ease up on that a lot past the first season

Placeholder
Sep 24, 2008

Sagebrush posted:

you know what i mean

Just couldn't resist :)

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

all the racism towards Subban was so loving shameful. leave that poo poo to the quebecois.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Shaggar posted:

all the racism towards Subban was so loving shameful. leave that poo poo to the quebecois.

i went to game 6 of the playoffs a few years back with my preds loving manager and on the way back to the office some hick started screaming SUBBAN SUCKS and i felt like six inches tall

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

rotor posted:

yeah the japanese ones are great because of that, its just wholesome as gently caress

i want a sport that has the upbeat can-do optimism of bake off

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

i want a sport that has the upbeat can-do optimism of bake off

Ninja Warrior is your sport then, it's great.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/pervocracy/status/1445736093555507202

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

rotor posted:

same.

I remember years ago someone like Graph put me into a yospos fantasy football thing by yahoo and I know very little about the game but I selected auto pick every time and I got second or third in the fantasy league. anyway someone in that thread I think told me to watch some college games on YouTube which is what I did and some of it was ok. just stops all the time which I understand but kinda don’t.

I watched the poo poo out of ninja warrior back in the day when it was just out the back in some shopping mall car park. that is sport.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

https://twitter.com/ctrlshifti/status/1445978071002013696

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

lol with this and the "cops volunteering to go undercover at white supremacist org" the onion have been on a roll recently

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1446199911695929357

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

:crabdrugs:

https://twitter.com/buitengebieden_/status/1446209166519963655?t=Cawoi40KgyZrk8gP4bU3Ew&s=19

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

https://twitter.com/pougotti_mane/status/1445932700326526980?s=21

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

https://twitter.com/jenkatwrites/status/1446223620699721728?s=21

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
baseball is the best sport and everyone knows it, don't even pretend like you don't

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I miss driving down to Seattle and eating a footlong hot dog at a Mariners game

tbh I don't even really like baseball on TV but watching it in person absolutely rocks

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

DELETE CASCADE posted:

baseball is the best sport and everyone knows it, don't even pretend like you don't

what I miss most about living in a small town was going to minor league ball games and hassling the 3rd baseman cause he's also your UPS guy

"Boooooo! Better not drop my packages like that Brian!"

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

i used to go to a lot of local hockey league games and there was always without fail this one guy who would show up with a kfc size bucket of beer and park right behind the other team's goalie net, where he would harass the other team from start to finish. those goalies wanted to fight that guy so bad

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

ps: we were pals with Brian and it was all in good fun

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Roosevelt posted:

i used to go to a lot of local hockey league games and there was always without fail this one guy who would show up with a kfc size bucket of beer and park right behind the other team's goalie net, where he would harass the other team from start to finish. those goalies wanted to fight that guy so bad

thats the best thing about the minor leagues, the players can hear you and you know they can hear you

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

rotor posted:

ps: we were pals with Brian and it was all in good fun

oh. well that’s ok then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

big minor league baseball guy here. the stadium atmosphere is so much more fun than an nhl game where all the tickets are held by financial district dickheads who don't show up until midway through the second period