Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Basebf555 posted:

Edit: had a dicey moment when I opened the package and I could hear that one of the Halloween 4 discs had come loose and was bouncing around inside the case. Luckily it turned out to be the standard blu ray and not the UHD.

Are UHDs as scratch resistant as blurays? Blus are pretty hard to damage accidentally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

gey muckle mowser posted:

Are UHDs as scratch resistant as blurays? Blus are pretty hard to damage accidentally

No that's why I was freaked out for a second. UHDs, and I forget the technical reason for this which I'm sure others can elaborate on, are more finicky and easier to damage. So I breathed a big sigh of relief when I saw that it was the standard blu ray that had been floating around in the box during shipping.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
That's good to know, I've gotten used to not worrying about blus and occasionally leaving them loose next to my player, I'll have to be careful with my UHDs

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

I leave my discs all over the place sometimes. I do have a little disc pouch holder thing for when I'm watching tv series and dont want to lose my place with the disc count. Really helps with the Twin Peaks set where I definitely lose track of what disc I am supposed to be on.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
Yea I definitely got into a habit with blu rays because they were so dependable where I'd take a disc out of the player and just let it sit on top of the case while I grabbed the next movie to put in the player. Then sometimes that disc that was sitting on top of the case would just be there like that for days until I got around to putting it away. With UHDs I had to break that habit and be a lot more careful.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Basebf555 posted:

Yea I definitely got into a habit with blu rays because they were so dependable where I'd take a disc out of the player and just let it sit on top of the case while I grabbed the next movie to put in the player. Then sometimes that disc that was sitting on top of the case would just be there like that for days until I got around to putting it away. With UHDs I had to break that habit and be a lot more careful.

I have a stack of Blu-rays that I haven't finished for some reason, and way down at the bottom of the pile, it's the Simpsons season 2 disc 1 that has caused a disturbance in why these discs are not in their proper cases.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I try to be much more careful with discs these days. Back in the 90s and early 00s I’d leave CDs stacked up on top of the family computer till I’d have at least an inch of them. Don’t think I managed to ruin any of those unless they were cheap CD-Rs.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

I've always been borderline OCD when it comes to keeping my optical media in perfect condition. I still own a pristine scratch-free copy of Bush's Sixteen Stone that I bought in 1995.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I do this thing where I put the disc from the player into whatever case is lying around.

One time I guess I never checked again and I opened up my Schindler’s List Blu Ray and found Spring Breakers

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I’m a lot more careful now too. I’m pretty sure the reason I’m careful now is I’m paying for them instead of my parents. I know how much that Blu-Ray cost now and I’m sure as hell gonna put it back in the case when I’m done.

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

Turkish Star Wars bluray is real. It just came in the mail today.

Edit: BD-R, not pressed. Will post trip report when makemkv is done with it.

Edit2: The print they used is trashed, as expected. All the stolen music, vfx, etc are in there though.

xarph fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Oct 8, 2021

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
How is it that none of you just put the movie back into the case right when you're done watching it?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

CPL593H posted:

How is it that none of you just put the movie back into the case right when you're done watching it?

Because I started rewatching the Simpsons 2 years ago and got distracted by something else

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Iron Crowned posted:

Because I started rewatching the Simpsons 2 years ago and got distracted by something else

The idea of not immediately putting something back in its proper case is completely foreign to me. I have never understood people that don't do this. I've always taken very good care of all my stuff.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

CPL593H posted:

The idea of not immediately putting something back in its proper case is completely foreign to me. I have never understood people that don't do this. I've always taken very good care of all my stuff.

It's in a case, just not the one it belongs to, I suspect it's in Batman The Animated Series.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I used to just throw my loose CDs in the cab of my car in my early college days, in the map holders, behind the seat, etc. I had a binder for them but half the time I didn't even use it. Don't know how most stayed playable.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Iron Crowned posted:

It's in a case, just not the one it belongs to, I suspect it's in Batman The Animated Series.

At least you're not one of those binder scum.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

CPL593H posted:

I'm too lazy to get up from the couch to do it, I usually just turn the player off and the disc stays in there until the next time I want to watch something.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

xarph posted:

Turkish Star Wars bluray is real. It just came in the mail today.

Edit: BD-R, not pressed. Will post trip report when makemkv is done with it.

Edit2: The print they used is trashed, as expected. All the stolen music, vfx, etc are in there though.

Alright, I feel pretty good about my choice to skip, then. Seems like the sort of thing that dorks online will scan and clean up sometime in the next couple years if they haven't already.

e: My only bad habit with discs is to leave it in the player then absentmindedly put the case away, only to have to fish it back out once I pop on the next one.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Oct 9, 2021

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

You should see my bad habit of letting plates pile up in the sink.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

CPL593H posted:

At least you're not one of those binder scum.

:hai:

I'll never be binder scum, unless I have to live in a tent or something.

I do have to respect that my roommate became binder scum when she got divorced, stuck all the discs in a binder and left her ex with a pile of empty cases.

Basebf555 posted:

I'm too lazy to get up from the couch to do it, I usually just turn the player off and the disc stays in there until the next time I want to watch something.

That's typically how I play it. Roomie doesn't touch the player for some unknown reason, so it's not like the I have to worry about that

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Halloween 4K is great, I've got II and III coming soon. Echoing that it has a very high quality slipcover.

I usually have a small stack of 6 or so movies in the wrong case but they get shuffled back and reshelved when i clean.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Iron Crowned posted:

:hai:

I'll never be binder scum, unless I have to live in a tent or something.

I do have to respect that my roommate became binder scum when she got divorced, stuck all the discs in a binder and left her ex with a pile of empty cases.

That's typically how I play it. Roomie doesn't touch the player for some unknown reason, so it's not like the I have to worry about that

Build a new house out of your bluray cases before you have to resort to living in a tent.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

New Update from Shout regarding the Halloween sets:

quote:

As promised, here is our next update on your Halloween order. We have your order and nearly everything that goes with it and we are shipping as fast as possible.

If you have ordered one of the the top tier sets you should either already have a UPS tracking number or you should get one by Monday.

All of the vinyl we were waiting for is now in the US and all but two cartons have cleared customs.

Our focus now is getting the multi title orders out the door ASAP. We will consolidate product in one carton and ship everything UPS which will be far faster than USPS.

Our Kentucky warehouse is working nights and weekends to fill the orders, next week we will have a very clear picture of the final schedule of deliveries and we will be back here in the email to spell out the timeline.

Again, we have plenty of product and we apologize for the delay, we are working tirelessly to get you your order!

Regards,
Shout! Factory

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Iron Crowned posted:

This is an exemption because that's a total power move.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Depends… did those cases have slips because he could’ve rebuilt a whole set with just slipcover sales.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

All of Scream's emails never mentioned any sort of hold-up on any of the Halloween III releases, but I'm still sitting around waiting (I do appreciate the updates after the whole Blood for Dracula debacle, though). My Amazon order of II which I pre-ordered day one immediately went to backorder with an expected ship date of the 20th. But goddamn it, at least Turkish Star Wars is gonna be here on Monday.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Speaking of things that keep never happening, what happened to the Martin blu-ray that Second Sight kept saying they were going to release?

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

CPL593H posted:

Speaking of things that keep never happening, what happened to the Martin blu-ray that Second Sight kept saying they were going to release?
They decided to upgrade it to a 4K release which I'm guessing threw a monkey wrench into the release schedule, but it's comin'.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

caligulamprey posted:

They decided to upgrade it to a 4K release which I'm guessing threw a monkey wrench into the release schedule, but it's comin'.

Booo, say I.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

CPL593H posted:

I have adhd

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I'm not currently binder scum but these multi movie collections in plastic cases make me want to be :barf:

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Rageaholic posted:

I'm not currently binder scum but these multi movie collections in plastic cases make me want to be :barf:

i wish it were easier to find retail scans of already released blu-ray editions because i wanna bust up this Childs Play boxset I bought into their own cases instead of this fugly 7 disc set thing.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Buy some empty cases online and print inserts mocked up like the vhs boxes

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

MacheteZombie posted:

Buy some empty cases online and print inserts mocked up like the vhs boxes

And replace a beauty such as this? Surely you jest!

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Just saved $10 on a steelbook pricematch for F9. hell yeah.

Watched Prince of Darkness UHD last night. Amazing picture, I can't believe how good it was. And a freaky movie! Very unsettling!

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
All of the Halloweens 4Ks are in stock except for Halloween 2.

Does this mean it was the least popular, so they didn't have as many ready? Or is it one of the most popular, and so they can't meet demand?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Franchescanado posted:

All of the Halloweens 4Ks are in stock except for Halloween 2.

Does this mean it was the least popular, so they didn't have as many ready? Or is it one of the most popular, and so they can't meet demand?

Yes

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I like Halloween 2. It’s not great, but it has memorable moments.

Halloween as a franchise has to be the absolute weakest of all the classic slashers, though. It’s got 1-3, uhhh H20 kinda, 2018, and that’s it. NoES has 1-5 and New Nightmare, F13 has 1-6 and Freddy vs Jason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tonedef131
Sep 3, 2003

Halloween 4 is terrific