Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

I want y the last man to get more seasons to fix their issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

the latest reboot/revival

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1446551276293083137

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Yes, but are Ashton Kutcher, Topher Grace, Wilmer Valderama and Laura Prepon all available?

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Should start the series in 1987 and have Kurtwood Smith walk out of a theater showing Robocop.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

zoux posted:

Yes, but are Ashton Kutcher, Topher Grace, Wilmer Valderama and Laura Prepon all available?

its about donna and erics daughter named leia forman going to point place to visit red and kitty for the summer in the 90s. has original showrunners and writers attached so, crapshoot on if it might be ok or not

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
There’s something almost perverse about a show doing a spin-off that’s set in the same decade in which the original show actually aired.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

All I remember of the 90s was AIDS AIDS AIDS AIDS AIDS AIDS AIDS AIDS on TV all the time. I think by the time I was 10 I was convinced I had AIDS.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

This is just a whitewashed fresh of the boat. HTH.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Should have Laura Prepon merge the Donna and Alex timelines in this show.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Prooobably not gonna see much of Hyde tho

https://twitter.com/ExpanseOnPrime/status/1446527317891641346

December 10th. Also, I loving love this show, but Marco Inaros sucks. Imagine if that was Anderson Dawes instead. I know that Jared Harris is big ticket now, but the dude playing Inaros can't hold a candle to him. I can believe people would follow Harris' Dawes into hell, I don't buy that for Inaros.

zoux fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Oct 8, 2021

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

zoux posted:

I was wondering why you omitted Mila Kunis from that list and then I remembered that she died at the end of the original series.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Hyde joined the army as a goof and got blown up in Grenada.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I was wondering why you omitted Mila Kunis from that list and then I remembered that she died at the end of the original series.

Really? I omitted her because she's probably the A-listiest of the whole original cast.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Yeah I also don't recall that at all, and the Wiki entry for the season doesn't mention it. Maybe me and Zoux are both falling for a gag though, ha.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I certainly didn't watch the final, scab season.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
that was the best season, finally free from the weight of spiderman bogging the show down with his dumbassery.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Breh that wasn't spiderman

Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

zoux posted:

I certainly didn't watch the final, scab season.

Seth Meyer's brother wasn't THAT bad, but yeah, that last season was pretty bad. Still a handful of decent episodes though. Its too bad that crazy Masterson family infected Prepon with the thetans though.

I watched the sort-of-season of Topher Grace's recent NBC sitcom and was surprised it got renewed. It was thoroughly meh. Ashton's been investing all his money in like uber and bitcoin and last I knew Mila was hawking cinnamon doped whiskey and bragging about how she doesn't bath her kids. Wilmer's on NCIS now right?

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

zoux posted:

December 10th. Also, I loving love this show, but Marco Inaros sucks. Imagine if that was Anderson Dawes instead. I know that Jared Harris is big ticket now, but the dude playing Inaros can't hold a candle to him. I can believe people would follow Harris' Dawes into hell, I don't buy that for Inaros.

Agreed, the actor is just weak, and he stands out in a crew of extremely vibrant personalities. Even Holden has improved a lot.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I'm kinda surprised they weren't billing it as the EPIC CONCLUSION FINAL SEASON. Usually they are all over that sort of marketing.

I know they said before that they view it as kind of a pause, I wonder if that means we're going to get announcement of the next chapter in the universe soon. They don't want to bill it as a final season since they want to ride the hype to the next phase.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Fun Fact: if the show starts the same number of days in the past as the original (if it started today), the first episode would be set on July 3rd, 1999 and the characters could watch season 2 of That 70’s Show!

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Ashton is probably done with Network TV at this point, he has other money making ventures. He could do a cameo though. Ditto Mila, except she’s just too famous at the moment for a network sitcom. Topher obviously isn’t but he won’t be any more than a cameo until his current show ends. If any other cast member would come back as a full-timer for the new show I’d imagine it would be Wilmer, although he’s also on NCIS so I don’t know how much time that leaves him.

Danny Masterson obviously should stay the gently caress away and go to prison where he belongs. I was worried that Laura Prepon’s connections to the church of Scientology and Masterson would make her showing up incredibly awkward but she recently announced that she hasn’t been a Scientologist for years, which is very good and I hope she shows up at some point. She did just have a kid so I dunno if she could do it full time.

I love That 70s Show, it’s the first sitcom that I really loved and as someone who grew up in the Midwest it feels a lot like home, and was one of the only sitcoms between Roseanne and The Middle that actually included people and lower-middle class families with money issues (it and Malcom in the Middle, both of which were on Fox and which otherwise could not be more different). The cast was also just full of talent, pretty much everyone except for Eric’s sister went on to have a very long and successful career.

edit: also I very much want to hear a Boyz II Men cover of In The Street

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Oct 8, 2021

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Mu Zeta posted:

All I remember of the 90s was AIDS AIDS AIDS AIDS AIDS AIDS AIDS AIDS on TV all the time. I think by the time I was 10 I was convinced I had AIDS.

You didn't have an account at the time though

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

LionArcher posted:

I want y the last man to get more seasons to fix their issues.

It is so disappointing so far

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

DC Murderverse posted:

Ashton is probably done with Network TV at this point, he has other money making ventures. He could do a cameo though. Ditto Mila, except she’s just too famous at the moment for a network sitcom. Topher obviously isn’t but he won’t be any more than a cameo until his current show ends. If any other cast member would come back as a full-timer for the new show I’d imagine it would be Wilmer, although he’s also on NCIS so I don’t know how much time that leaves him.

Danny Masterson obviously should stay the gently caress away and go to prison where he belongs. I was worried that Laura Prepon’s connections to the church of Scientology and Masterson would make her showing up incredibly awkward but she recently announced that she hasn’t been a Scientologist for years, which is very good and I hope she shows up at some point. She did just have a kid so I dunno if she could do it full time.

I love That 70s Show, it’s the first sitcom that I really loved and as someone who grew up in the Midwest it feels a lot like home, and was one of the only sitcoms between Roseanne and The Middle that actually included people and lower-middle class families with money issues (it and Malcom in the Middle, both of which were on Fox and which otherwise could not be more different). The cast was also just full of talent, pretty much everyone except for Eric’s sister went on to have a very long and successful career.

edit: also I very much want to hear a Boyz II Men cover of In The Street

I can already tell the worst parts of this show will be the endless ~lazy Millennial~ jokes about the grandparents raising Eric's kid...

Also, isn't Netflix doing the reboot? They have the kind of gently caress You money that could probably get most of the main cast back for at least a couple of episodes.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I mean if she isn't grunge as gently caress, it's wasted potential.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

GreenNight posted:

I mean if she isn't grunge as gently caress, it's wasted potential.

1994 or GTFO

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

I can already tell the worst parts of this show will be the endless ~lazy Millennial~ jokes about the grandparents raising Eric's kid...

Wouldn't Eric and Donna be boomers and their kid Gen-x?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

If you're born in 1983 you're considered a geriatric millenial. Not sure how old the kid is supposed to be.

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

Escobarbarian posted:

It is so disappointing so far

I've only watched the first ep, what's the issues and is it worth continuing

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
The best thing about a follow up to That 70's Show is that Kurtwood Smith will be in it. I say this because for some reason I thought Kurtwood Smith died a while back, so it's good to know I was wrong a out that.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Gaunab posted:

Wouldn't Eric and Donna be boomers and their kid Gen-x?

The show ends at the beginning of 1980. So if they had a kid immediately it would be at the tail end of Gen-X, and if they wanted a few years not so much.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Hawkperson posted:

I've only watched the first ep, what's the issues and is it worth continuing

Y and agent 355 is the best plot line in the show and holding down the episodes. The rest of the plot lines are.... not nearly as good.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

LionArcher posted:

Y and agent 355 is the best plot line in the show and holding down the episodes. The rest of the plot lines are.... not nearly as good.

I gave up about halfway through episode 3 after it was nothing but political drama with a weird focus on the former presidents aid feeling left out

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Jingleheimer posted:

The best thing about a follow up to That 70's Show is that Kurtwood Smith will be in it. I say this because for some reason I thought Kurtwood Smith died a while back, so it's good to know I was wrong a out that.

Yeah Red and Kitty is a solid enough base I'm willing to give it a shot. There a ton of ways the show could be awful but there's potential and it's been the right amount of time.

Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

Jingleheimer posted:

He is pushing 80 so maybe this will be more like a Grace and Frankie in the 90s.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

Jingleheimer posted:

You've outed yourself as someone who has not seen Patriot because Kurtwood is in that and is great. So go watch Patriot.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I don't like 70's show, but I also thought the dude was gone. Good on him for still being a working actor at his age.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

He is amazing in Patriot and if you like the actor you owe it to yourself to check it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
Needs Bob to still be living next door with his perm.