Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

your new av is gross as hell haha

The egg twitches once and Kirby just wolfs the whole thing down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

VideoGames posted:

I get so much better about saving as I go on. And healing. Though I did do one section wrong and that is all down to me (Apollo sneaking).

Yeah, the whole point of the joes is that they will always physically overpower you, just like Ash did Ripley in the original film, so melee is never supposed to work. Stealth, retreat, or ballistics are the solution to average joes.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Why are you like this?

I mean I 100% agreed with that post.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Blind Rasputin posted:

I 100% agreed with that post.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Yeah, the whole point of the joes is that they will always physically overpower you, just like Ash did Ripley in the original film, so melee is never supposed to work. Stealth, retreat, or ballistics are the solution to average joes.

Yeah, I was playing a different game than the one I was playing because I was so used to other things. I like that it made me stop and go 'Oh! this is not when in deathloop you can sneak up and whack people on the head - I have to be careful like when the alien is around!'

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Why are you like this?

10% Bust
90% Rodd
100% reason to remember the name

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
RE 8 final -

Definitely crapped out in the last half. Moreau's stage was unrelenting trash the whole way through, and his boss fight was just a worse version of Dimitrescu. Heisenberg's factory was alright, although it plays better in Mercenaries than it did as an actual single-player stage. Him turning into a combine harvester was pretty terrible, even with the ridiculous kettenkrad mount.

Great. Eveline's back, the worst part of RE 7. Let's have a conversation with her that repeats itself three times before we get on with our lives. Initially, getting to the Chris segment was pretty fun - you're empowered to the point where you're mowing through hordes of guys that would have completely wrecked you, they're covering you in ammo so you can just go hog wild, it's wonderful. Then you have to sit in place and deliberately do nothing five, maybe six times to progress the story. Three times is the magic number for this stuff, which Mario games have known for decades. You establish a pattern, it gives you the intro loop and a couple of chances to escalate if you want, and doesn't overstay its welcome. The target designation sequence wasn't fun and it wasn't tense, it was just time-consuming, which is also a great description of the entire rest of the game. You're not really in a dangerous position at any point unless you're playing on ultra-hard, but everything's tuned to have way too much HP.

It's cheap as hell you don't actually get to push the button to explode the village.

The first chunk of the game is still thoroughly excellent, and if whatever DLC they put out matches up to the clever stuff they did for RE7, it's a must-buy. What a disappointing finish. The things that stuck with me most were the gag of your rag-tag group of village survivors getting murdered by Dadwolf, and the fact that Lady D's boss form looks exactly like the Ultimate Chimera from Mother 3.

Akuma posted:

IIRC if you didn't do it then you would have been locked out of getting it (like I was the first time through the game.)

There's quite a lot of stuff that you can't go back for later in that game. Which isn't that much of a deal once you realise you can finish it in 2.5 hours.

Yeah, that bit me more than once. The upgrade curve isn't quite as well-balanced as it has been in previous games, so I either desperately needed those resources to the point I would have to restart to some pretty old saves, or later they were totally useless.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
:siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren:

NEW DMC ABOUT TO DROP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrQo9AJzY-A

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Crazy bounty

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I always get BP and BR mixed up. I think BP is the nicer one and BR is the goofier one, but in my head they are identical twins.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

Waltzing Along posted:

I always get BP and BR mixed up. I think BP is the nicer one and BR is the goofier one, but in my head they are identical twins.

mirror universe

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

which one has the goatee

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

wait theyre goons they both do dammit

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Waltzing Along posted:

both have threatened, but failed miserably, to beat me up IRL

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Waltzing Along posted:

it’s easy: BP wants to bust capitalism, while BR just wants to stick his beanpole/pecker/wood everywhere

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I thought he meant BR as in Blind Rasputin, not Bust Rodd but now I'm not so sure

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

fridge corn posted:

I thought he meant BR as in Blind Rasputin, not Bust Rodd but now I'm not so sure

rodd busted

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

When is that dummy releasing his video? I’m off work today and want something on in the background.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Battle Royale...

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

MarcusSA posted:

When is that dummy releasing his video? I’m off work today and want something on in the background.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Waltzing Along posted:

drat. But also :3:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

:hmmyes:

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Weaving through Fridge Corn and the Proffessor’s shitposts like demons with our devilish posting
Beanpole: “Don’t you dare say it!”
Bust Rodd: “JACKPOT”

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

Weaving through Fridge Corn and the Proffessor’s shitposts like demons with our devilish posting
Beanpole: “Don’t you dare say it!”
Bust Rodd: “JACKPOT”

BR: *fingergun* "Bust."

BP: "See you post cowboy!"

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
See? Twins!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

They’re all the same poster with various alt accounts. The realm mystery is which one is the main account.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

this one ^^^^^^^^

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Pulcinella posted:

gently caress biome 4. Half of my runs are instant game overs because half the time the game makes the first room filled with shielded turrets, dozens of flying enemies (the tentacle ones usually, the robots aren’t too painful), and a few shielded big blue tentacle enemies.

The other half I find some absolutely beastly serrated hollowseeker with portal lasers that can carry me to one of the keys but I just don’t have enough health and items to make it to the second one.

I had the opposite experience as you. Stuck on 3 for a bit, then aced biome 4 first try.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Beanpole and Bust Rodd

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lol

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Just bought and started judgement. Played and liked Yakuza 0 and started but never finished LAD and so far I'm digging it

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

veni veni veni posted:

Beanpole and Bust Rodd

Haha

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Whaaaat. I was sure it was gonna have cross play. That’s unforgivable in this day and age.

lol ya especially when it's not something PVP like COD where PC players might have an advantage etc

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Hell yeah Beavis & Butt-head rule.

Speaking of animation, it is crazy how good the Shenmue anime series looks. Gonna be easily the best Dreamcast anime, yes leaving Power Stone in the dust.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZglZdwRw3XA

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

A month or so ago I found a good version of beavis and butthead with all the music videos intact and I couldn’t be happier

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Kilometers Davis posted:

A month or so ago I found a good version of beavis and butthead with all the music videos intact and I couldn’t be happier

A god damned treasure, that is

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Kilometers Davis posted:

Interesting...

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
quit whackin’ off in my ps5 thread

you know the voice

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

Beanpole and Bust Rodd

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Phenotype posted:

wait what's so bad about it? I only ever played the first disc of Xenogears back in the day but my friend always gushed about it.

Xenogears should not be put in the same category as other 'Xeno' games, no matter what anyone says. Xenogears, warts and all, is one of the last gems of the Squaresoft golden age.