Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Yeah, even compare it to something like the Mummy, where there is very strong and clear sexual chemistry between the leads. Of course, you've got Brendan Fraser at the peak of his powers and Rachel Weisz at what seems to be a 30 year plateau of :sweatdrop:, but still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

fatherboxx posted:

Whats this, my search history? :smuggo:

I was stuck in traffic while driving home from a training and this just had me giggling uncontrollably

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Dead Meat crossover is exciting

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

fishing with the fam posted:

I don't know if quarantine has made them irrevocably horny, but the lads have really been vocally pissy about not seeing enough loving in modern movies the last year or so.

The complaint that movies are 'sexless' is a really weird complaint, especially in movies where it makes no real difference.

"These Marvel movies are sexless!"
Really want to stop the alien invasion to see a needless love story/sex scene wwwooooooo!

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

If that were the case then let’s excise the love stories entirely. Better nothing than the chaste kiss and requisite “I will love you forever, other plastic action figure.” Idk I totally get what they’re trying to say (bearing in mind that cartoonish outrage is their stock in trade) and I’m not sure why you’re simplifying it to “we want more graphic intercourse in movies.”

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Exactly. An action movie where Dwayne Johnson and Emily Blunt have literally zero chemistry when interacting and become boring, awkward, and inhuman because the direction/script actively avoids even the simplest idea of sexuality - instead of just allowing for the normal aspects of human interaction - is a worse movie.

And like preciously mentioned, The Mummy is a great example. They’re not aggressively hornt or loving, they’re just humans and thats more relatable as opposed to every Dwayne movie where he is basically a human action figure and might as well be CGI.

Black Widow’s whole deal is shes the worlds greatest honeypot; Tony Stark is a dickhead playboy but when both of these character traits, which acknowledge an aspect of humanity and dont need to be explicit, are dropped, the characters start to become just as inhuman and unrecognizable in the talky scenes as they are when they turn into video games to punch Purple Bad Man.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
"sexless" does not equal "no chemistry between actors" It literally means "no sex".

I gets hating on actors having no chemistry.

"these movies are so sexless!" Milla Jovavich appears nude "Why do you have to have her naked for no reason?" It's just a weird disconnect to me. But at the same time, I do not care if they want titties and dongs and sex in their movies or not.

Sorry to disagree with the pooooodcast.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

enigmahfc posted:

"sexless" does not equal "no chemistry between actors" It literally means "no sex".

No, it does not literally mean no sex.

It can mean having no sex appeal, no sexual desires, attractiveness, etc.
Example: Marvel movies.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

enigmahfc posted:

Are you 12?

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

weekly font posted:

Are you 12?

close, 13.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Most movies are literally aimed at children these days. I dunno, just sounds like old people yelling at clouds when most of the time when there is more sex they just rightfully make fun of it anyways. It’s not like every movie from the 80s and 90s were masterpieces cause they had more sex.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Eric is really starting to lay on the suicide/self harm jokes a little bit too thick

mweber
Dec 24, 2003

Calaveron posted:

Eric is really starting to lay on the suicide/self harm jokes a little bit too thick

Do not worry about Eric Szyszka.

mweber fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Oct 9, 2021

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Calaveron posted:

Seriously, it's really freaking me out.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Calaveron posted:

yeah it went from “haha same” to “worrying” like two and a half years ago

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
My GOD the Roger Klotz going fash in the new AD almost made me piss myself. I really hope they do more Doug or other Nick shows.

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007
I've been noticing a trend with WHM over the last few years that the riffing and improv tangents (especially about very tangentially movie-related topics) has been taking up more time than the discussion of the movie itself.

I feel like with the older episodes they were pretty narratively driven and I could follow along even if I hadn't seen the movie they were discussing and come away with a pretty clear understanding of the plot points. I don't really feel like that so much lately.

lonelylikezoidberg fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Oct 10, 2021

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Soup du Jour posted:

yeah it went from “haha same” to “worrying” like two and a half years ago

I am not worried, but at the same time, would not be surprised.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

lonelylikezoidberg posted:

I've been noticing a trend with WHM over the last few years that the riffing and improv tangents (especially about very tangentially movie-related topics) has been taking up more time than the discussion of the movie itself.

I feel like with the older episodes they were pretty narratively driven and I could follow along even if I hadn't seen the movie they were discussing and come away with a pretty clear understanding of the plot points. I don't really feel like that so much lately.

I kinda agree with this, but it doesn't feel like they're chasing bits (not that you're saying it does). It all feels very organic and natural and, of course, very funny.

It's a different pacing than before, but I've come to enjoy it, and it's still "about" the movie enough that it's not as though the title has become false advertising.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

I think it still depends on the movie. When the plot is barely understandable there is not much there to take the audience through. Looking at the past n episodes, except for maybe werewolf in Paris maybe, if you had trouble following their explanation of the plot I'm not sure it's their fault. Old episodes like ultraviolet are the ones that stand out to me as incomprehensible.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Well in the case of Ultraviolet it’s because the plot of the movie itself is incomprehensible.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

teen witch posted:

My GOD the Roger Klotz going fash in the new AD almost made me piss myself. I really hope they do more Doug or other Nick shows.

I have never seen a single episode of Doug, but the Patty Mayonnaise impression made me choke with laughter.

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

Calaveron posted:

I feel like it chilled out for a while, but came back again in the past year or so.

Just hope he is going okay is all :ohdear:

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

I've found myself usually watching a 10 or 15 minute Youtube review of whatever movie they're doing (if I haven't seen it). It helps with the visualization and stuff. Biggest thing I miss from the (very) early episodes are the drops and I'm not sure why they stopped using them.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

I'm just here for the jokes and improv now, the movie review is secondary at this point.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

BiggerBoat posted:

I've found myself usually watching a 10 or 15 minute Youtube review of whatever movie they're doing (if I haven't seen it). It helps with the visualization and stuff. Biggest thing I miss from the (very) early episodes are the drops and I'm not sure why they stopped using them.

it's probably a lot more work than it worth and then there is copyright issues that would in now way be worth the headache (if someone wanted to push it, i guess).

As far as Eric's "I wish I was dead" jokes, i find them funny. Dude's just got a nihilistic sense of humor and I doubt the other 3 would be cool with it so much if they didn't already know his state of mind and mental health.

I'm more concerned about Andrew's increased use of the annoying "Letterman laugh".

enigmahfc fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Oct 11, 2021

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I've been watching pretty much every movie they cover on Monday nights before the episode drops for over a year now :shepface:

It's something to do on Monday nights and It helps me understand more of the jokes on the episodes. I still don't understand all of them, but it helps for sure.

Although I listened to the podcast for years without having watched a lot of the movies they covered and enjoyed it.

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Oct 11, 2021

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

I really hope that Prowler commentary is soon. Looking forward to that.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

For their next anniversary/milestone episode or just a loving paragraph on the mailbag

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qjV0bB2V0Q

If you have access to the archives Rocky IV is loving amazing for early WHM.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

dorium posted:

I really hope that Prowler commentary is soon. Looking forward to that.
According to the Dispatch it's coming this month!

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

enigmahfc posted:

I have never seen a single episode of Doug, but the Patty Mayonnaise impression made me choke with laughter.

Patty Mayonnaise is just Huey Dewey and Louie standing on each other’s shoulders in a human skin suit

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

https://omny.fm/shows/we-hate-movies/halloween-h20-20-years-later

New episode is up. Cheers.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
“They make me feel like I’m in an 80s action film, which is both cool and mature.”

Some of these ad reads must be killing them.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.
Chris Cabin sounds like he's dieing inside after everyone he reads.

Steve just powers through them with fake sincerity

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Billy Gnosis posted:

Chris Cabin sounds like he's dieing inside after everyone he reads.

Steve just powers through them with fake sincerity

I like how they've just stopped giving them to Eric

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.

Iron Crowned posted:

I like how they've just stopped giving them to Eric

I literally heard two ads by Eric on today's ep.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

clown shoes posted:

I literally heard two ads by Eric on today's ep.

I haven't listened to todays ep yet :negative:

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

You’d think even if they had to read the dumb copy they would at least pretend not to be using the dick pills and bad online therapy.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Invalid Validation posted:

You’d think even if they had to read the dumb copy they would at least pretend not to be using the dick pills and bad online therapy.

and CBD, especially with how much they talk about smoking actual weed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Invalid Validation posted:

I do think it's low-key funny how poorly they read the copy. Other podcasts tend to at least make it sound like they're not reading the ad copy. Wouldn't mind Andrew trying to make it sound like a Squatty Potty changed his life though.