Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
so whatever comes after this tournament might be an ohma and agito road trip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Once the tournament is over I hope we go back to my boy Koga learning how to punch good by training with all the cool characters who didn't get to show up this arc.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Once the tournament is over I hope we go back to my boy Koga learning how to punch good by training with all the cool characters who didn't get to show up this arc.

He's gonna meet Muteba and Muteba is going to teach him how to punch people in the heart.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

Jose posted:

so whatever comes after this tournament might be an ohma and agito road trip

gently caress yeah really glad they're friends

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Agito just becoming one of the boys is my fav. part about this manga I think. He was a monster who was raised to mutilate with his bare hands but at the end of the day he just wants to chill and ride his motorcycle.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

JamMasterJim posted:

Your feeling I feel deeply, Liu.

The legacy of Purgatory is a bunch of people in stetchers that had to sit out most of the tournament after they fought. Even Rihito was able to make his way back to the arena to hold down murdercop and that meant shaking off poison and blood loss. And 3 deaths total with one guy literally being ripped in hald.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

have we had more deaths in this tournament (where killing is banned) than the original kengan tournament

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

where the red fern gropes posted:

have we had more deaths in this tournament (where killing is banned) than the original kengan tournament

Does the death count if Hanafusa brought them back to life after the match?

Aug 24, 2011

Electric Phantasm posted:

Does the death count if Hanafusa brought them back to life after the match?

obviously that's a separate undeath count

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
https://comikey.com/read/kengan-omega-manga/orLp1D/chapter-130/

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Yet another person on Gensai's level and Ohma should 100% not be here it should be Wakatsuki I loving hate that he got wasted on Fei.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
So how old is lolong anyways? I forgot if we were told.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

I don't know for lolong, people are already burning up his flashbacks before the match even has gotten serious.

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AtomikKrab posted:

I don't know for lolong, people are already burning up his flashbacks before the match even has gotten serious.

Also, the other two Purgatory fighters (Medel and Jurota) who were described as being Gensai-level, both lost their matches.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Wasn't Medel described as "Gensai-level" only in side-material and even that in a context of "I wanted to make Medel a Gensai-level boxer, but he turned out too strong in a boring way so I scrapped the concept and went with a dude who learned Capoeira from podcast?" I'm pretty sure he doesn't count.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Even in a silly manga like this 422 lifetime matches is so preposterous, it makes no sense.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Oct 13, 2021

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

drat, King got cake

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

No Wave posted:

Even in a silly manga like this 422 lifetime matches is so preposterous, it makes no sense.

Turns out Annihilation does those battle royale things like on the boat in Ashura all the time, and they count every knockout in one of those. He's only been in like ten real matches :v:

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Jurota was a loss because of the ruleset. If he had been allowed/willing to kill he would have won.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Lt. Lizard posted:

Wasn't Medel described as "Gensai-level" only in side-material and even that in a context of "I wanted to make Medel a Gensai-level boxer, but he turned out too strong in a boring way so I scrapped the concept and went with a dude who learned Capoeira from podcast?" I'm pretty sure he doesn't count.

He was technically the Gensai of boxing. Too strong to face any challenge there.
People take Ohma's quote ' so strong he was lonely, I know somebody like that' and reference it, while ignoring that right afterwards, he says ;Is he on Kuroki's level? Let's see what he is made of'.

In other words, people can be the Kuroki Gensai's of their respective field. It's like the power level measurement in the Kenganverse.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Gensai didn't even have a beard when they fought

Without the beard it's meaningless

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Also between the memory fuckery and how much damage he had taken after relying on the advance, this is probably the first fight that's actually had Ohma at 100% capability.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

who was that with Rei in the single panel?

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Jose posted:

who was that with Rei in the single panel?

Hatsumi Sen I think.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

I just feel the need to repeat that holy poo poo this new website Kengan is licensed on sucks huge rear end.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

"To Comikey, C for Effort"

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
I just want physical volumes so I never have to deal with this site, or any other, again to (re-)read this series

Aug 24, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

drat, King got cake

JamMasterJim posted:

He was technically the Gensai of boxing. Too strong to face any challenge there.
People take Ohma's quote ' so strong he was lonely, I know somebody like that' and reference it, while ignoring that right afterwards, he says ;Is he on Kuroki's level? Let's see what he is made of'.

In other words, people can be the Kuroki Gensai's of their respective field. It's like the power level measurement in the Kenganverse.

only thing on gensai's level is this dudes rear end

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Hypocrisy posted:

Hatsumi Sen I think.

Whoever it is I'd quite a lot taller than Rei. I thought Sen too at first but the height and getting involved in the background fight seems very unlike Sen

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

That final panel made it feel like Rolon's Basics is just like Gensai's.

"Oh you can predict my move before I move? Yeah whatever."

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Very powerful Anderson Silva vs Chris Weidman energy there.

It’s great that you can dodge attacks with your guard down to clown on your opponent, but maybe keep your guard up just in case you misjudge it and he gets a punch in?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Jose posted:

Whoever it is I'd quite a lot taller than Rei. I thought Sen too at first but the height and getting involved in the background fight seems very unlike Sen

Kengan's real inconsistent with height sometimes, like how Lolong's supposed to be shorter than Nicolas but towers over him in every scene.

It's most likely Sen

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

team overhead smash posted:

Very powerful Anderson Silva vs Chris Weidman energy there.

It’s great that you can dodge attacks with your guard down to clown on your opponent, but maybe keep your guard up just in case you misjudge it and he gets a punch in?

You know how these things go, Ohma's gotta warm up and you gotta test your opponent. Can't just go rushing in unless you're a freak like Hayami

Jose posted:

We've already seen Himuro and he's the only other character I can think of that'd be wearing a Hawaiian shirt so I think it's definitely Hatsumi. Nogi or Katahara contacting him first to counter the Worm's attack seems like a good reason why Kazzy wouldn't be able to recuit him.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Oct 14, 2021

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

RareAcumen posted:

You know how these things go, Ohma's gotta warm up and you gotta test your opponent. Can't just go rushing in unless you're a freak likeHawaiian

yeah I have a feeling next chapter will be him doing it again successfully

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

This is kinda feeling underwhelming to me as like a finale for this tournament.

I like Ohma a lot, particularly in the latter half of Asura where he saves his rival's soul through martial arts and then has a bunch of sick fights and dies but he hasn't done anything in Omega. So although he has big returning protagonist vibes this all feels kinda anticlimactic unless they're gonna do something real interesting with The King.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I mean, it's hard to get hyped for the final match when more interesting stuff is constantly being teased just off panel. Ed Wu Vs Raian, Neko Niko doing his dumb poo poo, multiple fighters and mentor figures teaming up to fight maybe the Worm somewhere in the stadium? What is Gaoh doing right now?

Koga's Uncle could be biting a dude somewhere at this very moment!

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I like Ohma a lot, particularly in the latter half of Asura where he saves his rival's soul through martial arts and then has a bunch of sick fights and dies but he hasn't done anything in Omega. So although he has big returning protagonist vibes this all feels kinda anticlimactic unless they're gonna do something real interesting with The King.

There's some cool "hey let's see what our previous protagonist can do at the peak of his power and experience now that he's perfectly healthy/rested and not beat to poo poo and on the verge of death from self-induced heart failure" stuff to be gleaned from this fight, but the plot barely seems to care about the Kengan vs Purgatory tournament so yeah it's not really a big climax moment.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Maybe it has something to do with the kengan crew suddenly declaring Ohma the team captain despite him not doing anything of note this entire tournament except standing next to Koga and grumbling about how Another Niko is still alive. Or that for however much the story has propped up Rolon, Gaolang chose just now to mention that he knew about him and apparently this guy fought Gensai to a draw which you think anyone would have mentioned before right now including Gensai himself who is physically here. The previous series had the time to prop up characters and build them, but the structure of this one and the lack of enthusiasm by the writer really makes Purgatory fall flat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

AtomikKrab posted:

Muteba wasn't beat, he still had a gun to use on Other Niko, Other Niko recognized the trap and pulled back

Imagine I posted the meme with the guy with a smugface mask on that is weeping underneath the mask; that guy is "the other Niko" after his encounter with Muteba.