Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Babyface Tama closing out the show, you love to see it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
There we go. There is the crowd respect.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Thauros posted:

saw last two matches. nice for tama but i kinda would've just let okada run the table as everyone else aside from him or cobb was eliiminated anyway

Technically I think Cobb is still a heel, so it absolutely makes sense to give the babyface a hill to climb going into the finals.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Yeah, I was hoping Okada would go undefeated but now:

Cerebral Bore posted:

maximum G1 drama

So :hellyeah:

Cobb is in the perfect position where all he has to do is not lose. He can win or draw and he wins the block, and Okada MUST beat him. It's gonna be nuts.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

The sweat flying off Tama with that Jado hug

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I rewatched the finish, there are some people completely losing their poo poo at the end there, you love to see it.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Make tama an upper midcard baby face singles wrestler please

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

algebra testes posted:

I rewatched the finish, there are some people completely losing their poo poo at the end there, you love to see it.

gently caress yes. Fans are gonna lose their minds when they're allowed to make noise again.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
This promo is rad.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Tama rules and has been a real revelation this G1.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I figured the maximum drama was Evil beats Cobb then interferes in this match so he has a chance to win via tiebreaker but this is a much better dramatic finale.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

G1 maths for final night of the B Block

Jeff Cobb wins the block if he defeats or ties with Kazuchika Okada
Kazuchika Okada wins the block if he defeats Jeff Cobb

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Excluding a big pile up on 13 points with multiple time limit draws, here is my math for the A Block finals in order of kayfabe likelihood

Zack Sabre Jr. wins the block if
- he defeats Tanga Loa AND
- Kota Ibushi defeats KENTA

Kota Ibushi wins the block if
- he defeats KENTA AND
- Tanga Loa defeats or draws with Zack Sabre Jr.

KENTA wins the block if
- he defeats Kota Ibushi AND
- Yujiro Takahashi defeats or draws with Shingo Takagi

Shingo Takagi wins the block if
- he defeats Yujiro Takahashi AND
- KENTA defeats or draws with Kota Ibushi AND

thanks for this and i'll add this to the post when i update today or tomorrow

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
4 points for Taichi but Tama gets to beat Okada and Chase gets to beat Tanahashi yeah glad I checked out of this one

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Rarity posted:

4 points for Taichi but Tama gets to beat Okada and Chase gets to beat Tanahashi yeah glad I checked out of this one

I'm sorry to have to break this to you, but Taichi is now the Marty Jannetty of the Dangerous Tekkers.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

This G1 has been good! The limits on the crowd hurts of course, but it's kinda crazy how 90% of the guys who people groaned at being in the tournament ended up working their asses off and almost all the bullshit got restricted to EVIL.

I mean, to be fair, there was a LOT of bullshit in those EVIL matches.....

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

https://twitter.com/TheChrisSamsa/status/1448629551978975233?s=20

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Rarity posted:

yeah this loving sucks. the best nj can really offer now is some good moments rather than an overall good feeling product and that's not likely to change until the book changes hands

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Okada/Ibushi final with Okada going over, no other choice tbh

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Your theory is intriguing, but have you considered a certain Windy Man, a Long Mover?

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

I mean I get why people dislike chase but what's the problem with giving Tama a big win after spending a tournament jobbing that he had to quarantine 2 weeks for

Tama has performed at a high standard. He has been better than what honma or makabe would have produced. I mean honma would have probably died

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo

Burn Down Canberra posted:

I mean I get why people dislike chase but what's the problem with giving Tama a big win after spending a tournament jobbing that he had to quarantine 2 weeks for

Tama has performed at a high standard. He has been better than what honma or makabe would have produced. I mean honma would have probably died

this

i was too tired to post but except for EVIL it seemed like a good show

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?
Tama good. G1 good. Wrestling good.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Burn Down Canberra posted:

There have been multiple people who've had major storylines around always getting beat by Okada until finally getting that big win, Tama just rocking up and beating him at the first time of asking with zero fanfare when he's not even a singles guy makes people like SANADA and Ospreay look like poo poo

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

This was Tama's third match against Okada in a G1, he lost the first two

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

OK so if Shingo and ZSJ win their matches, then what are the stakes of the main event? G1 math is hard.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Hellblazer187 posted:

OK so if Shingo and ZSJ win their matches, then what are the stakes of the main event? G1 math is hard.

Ibushi wins the block if he wins or ties the match, KENTA wins the block if he wins the match.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Hellblazer187 posted:

Looking back over the different permutations, it looks like in that situation KENTA goes through on a win but if Ibushi wins then ZSJ goes though on tiebreakers, Ibushi needs Tanga to beat ZSJ and keep him on 12 points

e:

Cerebral Bore posted:

Ibushi wins the block if he wins or ties the match, KENTA wins the block if he wins the match.

If Ibushi ties he only finishes on 13 and Shingo/ZSJ are on 14 with a win. Ibushi needs Zack to lose for Ibushi to have a chance since Zack has tiebreakers on Kota and Shingo

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Oct 14, 2021

Pistol Packin Poet
Nov 5, 2012

Everyone needs an
escape goat!

Jerusalem posted:

New timekeeper!

Evil's comeuppance makes this dumb spot awesome

HOLY gently caress TAMA

NJPW loving rules

Pistol Packin Poet fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Oct 15, 2021

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
I did not expect Taichi to be working a kayfabe injury, the psychology of the match was pretty good, but I found Chase absolutely disgusting here. Were it any other wrestler it would've been a great match, but him asking Miho for a kiss with his sex pest allegations in mind just made me very uncomfortable.

Happy for Tama, it wasn't a carry job. The finishing stretch was surprisingly good. MAYBE if BC wrestlers didn't have endless interference spots they'd be putting out good matches at least.

Hoping for a ZSJ/Okada or ZSJ/Cobb final where ZSJ wins, they seem the freshest matchups out of the possible finalists.

I also wouldn't mind KENTA to win A Block if continues to work at the same level as his match with ZSJ.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/ADumbMillennial/status/1448844306006093841?s=20

Jeff Cobb has a message for our very own davidbix

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

First something awful poster to be given the tour of the islands

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
ahaha

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

only the block final shows and the g1 finals remain:

G1 Climax 31 A Block Finals
October 18th at 5:30 EDT/10:30 BST/18:30 JST
Yokohama Budokan

Special Single Match:Satoshi Kojima vs. Great-O-Khan
G1 Climax A Block Match:Tomohiro Ishii [10] vs. Toru Yano [8]
G1 Climax A Block Match:Shingo Takagi [12] vs. Yujiro Takahashi [4]
G1 Climax A Block Match:Zack Sabre Jr. [12] vs. Tanga Loa [4]
G1 Climax A Block Match:Kota Ibushi [12] vs. KENTA [12]

G1 Climax 31 B Block Finals
October 20th at 5:00 EDT/10:00 BST/18:00 JST
Nippon Budokan

Ryohei Oiwa and Kosei Fujita vs. L.I.J (Hiromu Takahashi and BUSHI)
G1 Climax B Block Match:YOSHI-HASHI [4] vs. Chase Owens [4]
G1 Climax B Block Match:Hirooki Goto [4] vs. Tama Tonga [6]
G1 Climax B Block Match:Hiroshi Tanahashi [8] vs. Taichi [4]
G1 Climax B Block Match:SANADA [8] vs. EVIL [12]
G1 Climax B Block Match:Kazuchika Okada [14] vs. Jeff Cobb [16]

G1 Climax 31 Finals
October 21st at 5:00 EDT/10:00 BST/18:00 JST
Nippon Budokan

G1 Climax 31 FinalsX vs. X
rest of card TBA

G1 A Block Math courtesy of GEORGE W BUSHI

Excluding a big pile up on 13 points with multiple time limit draws, here is my math for the A Block finals in order of kayfabe likelihood

Zack Sabre Jr. wins the block if
- he defeats Tanga Loa AND
- Kota Ibushi defeats KENTA

Kota Ibushi wins the block if
- he defeats KENTA AND

KENTA wins the block if
- he defeats Kota Ibushi AND
- Yujiro Takahashi defeats or draws with Shingo Takagi

Shingo Takagi wins the block if
- he defeats Yujiro Takahashi AND
- KENTA defeats or draws with Kota Ibushi AND

G1 B Block Math is simple:

Okada advances if he beats Cobb, any other result (Cobb win, TLD, double countout, etc....) results in Cobb winning the block

Thauros fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Oct 17, 2021

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Still fingers crossed for my predicted Okada/Shingo final :hellyeah:

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I have no idea who wins.

edit: What I like, is what would make what I think is sense is Shingo wins, Zack wins and then it's a tossup, but probably Kota wins, but I think that means Zack goes through where it feels like they want to build towards Kota v Okada in the finals which would mean that there has to be an upset I think with Zack losing, which seems unlikely.

Basically, I think it's tight I can't work out.

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Oct 17, 2021

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I think if Will is willing to isolate for Wrestle Kingdom Okada wins but if he isn't it's up in the air as i could see Okada/Will for the fake belt in San Jose

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

algebra testes posted:

I have no idea who wins.

edit: What I like, is what would make what I think is sense is Shingo wins, Zack wins and then it's a tossup, but probably Kota wins, but I think that means Zack goes through where it feels like they want to build towards Kota v Okada in the finals which would mean that there has to be an upset I think with Zack losing, which seems unlikely.

Basically, I think it's tight I can't work out.

Zack possibly loses to Tanga Loa to set up yet another Dangerous Tekkers vs. Guerrillas of Destiny match so we can get the GoD vs. Goodbrothers match and drag the tag division back to the boring state it was before the pandemic

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I'd rather they just make Strong tag titles especially since they have some decent teams

Also I do get the feeling that GoD/Tekkers may be a fake out and that we may get EVIL winning tag league with whoever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
can only assume if EVIL wins tag league he does it with sho and not yujiro takahashi