Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

Gentlemen, we are being given 2 trillion dollars to dam the Gulf of Mexico and drain it. I want ideas. Jim, your wife lives in Florida- what do you think?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

SRQ posted:

Gentlemen, we are being given 2 trillion dollars to dam the Gulf of Mexico and drain it. I want ideas. Jim, your wife lives in Florida- what do you think?

why?

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

what kind of philosophical question is that? That's now what I'm paying you for!

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
and how are we supposed to dam it? To let water into the gulf or stop it?

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

and how are we supposed to dam it? To let water into the gulf or stop it?

I said drain didn't I? Pay attention and put your drat phone away Puffinz. I'm writing you up.

XeeD
Jul 10, 2001
I see invisible dumptrucks.
Gonna need some lumber, a couple crates of beer, some buckets, and a few expensive whores to suck start the siphon when its time to drain it.

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

XeeD posted:

Gonna need some lumber, a couple crates of beer, some buckets, and a few expensive whores to suck start the siphon when its time to drain it.

Alright now this guy has the right loving idea. I'm budgeting you 200 billion, get to work.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i saw we hire a lot of guys to drink it all up with straws

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
hey im the Director of Diversity & Inclusiveness for the Gulf of Mexico Dam Project, let me know if anything related to maternal mental health care comes up ill be on the call

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

Dam it you guys

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Let's say we need 3 trillion, not build it, and then move to Mexico.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
2 big reverse vacuums that drown florida + texas

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Im from Philly. Gonna move to Toronto.

XeeD
Jul 10, 2001

SRQ posted:

Alright now this guy has the right loving idea. I'm budgeting you 200 billion, get to work.

Next Thursday good for you?

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

Funky See Funky Do posted:

now listen here you sumbitch I'm retiring in a year and I want this to be my legacy.

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

XeeD posted:

Next Thursday good for you?

gently caress yeah it does get r done.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

we make the gulf of meixco into an hug ebong!

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Someone already came up with the idea to do this with the Mediterranean Sea but he was a Nazi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBE8VPAfl7E

So you've accidentally created another Hitler thread, you imbecile.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

nazis shouldnt be allowed to have weed imo

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Sid Vicious posted:

nazis shouldnt be allowed to have weed imo

Maybe if they had enough weed they wouldn't have tried to genocide the rest of the world.

XeeD
Jul 10, 2001

SRQ posted:

gently caress yeah it does get r done.

Sounds good. I'll see if I can't pick up my nephew down in Cancun, he says he should be able to get us a discount on the lumber, plus he's pretty good with a hammer.

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

Yaldabaoth posted:

Someone already came up with the idea to do this with the Mediterranean Sea but he was a Nazi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBE8VPAfl7E

So you've accidentally created another Hitler thread, you imbecile.

you idiot where do you think I got the idea from.
"let's do that but stupider".

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
Gotta think outside the box here. Building a thousand mile sea wall that goes up to 14k feet deep isn't feasible.

Instead, we need to raise the sea floor so that all the water drains out. As a start, I propose bulldozing Florida directly into the Gulf.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I punch the gulf

Really hard

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

SRQ posted:

now listen here you sumbitch I'm retiring in a year and I want this to be my legacy.

Alright well then I'm going to bid 1 trillion for the contract and then move to Mexico. Enjoy your legacy of being the guy who failed to pull off the greatest boondoggle in history.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
make a giant inflatable rubber dam

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Hear me out: the worlds biggest sponge

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

SRQ posted:

you idiot where do you think I got the idea from.
"let's do that but stupider".

And you can't even build a dam that's connected to anywhere in the southeastern United States because it's all mangroves instead of solid land.

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat
have ben shapiro try to make it horny

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Listen I called our suppliers and they said we can't get that much concrete until next year at the earliest, said that they're out of sand. Who the hell runs out of sand!?

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

cape canaveral is right there, simply send the water into outer space

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

corgski posted:

Listen I called our suppliers and they said we can't get that much concrete until next year at the earliest, said that they're out of sand. Who the hell runs out of sand!?

New Jersey?

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

corgski posted:

we'll use paper mache instead.

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
Throw the guys from Chippendales in the middle of the Gulf. They're so hot that the water will turn to steam and evaporate.

If that doesn't work, throw the guys from Thunder from Down Under in the ocean too.

If that still doesn't work, just keep throwing hot guys into the ocean until it does work.

Boner M
Sep 21, 2021

by Hand Knit
Simply nuke parts of it so the crater wall rises out of the sea and dams those areas

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

put a huge jack right where the x in mexico is on the map and jack up the gulf until all the water runs off. has the added bonus of possibly flooding texas and florida

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

any questions there chief? 'cause I got five more boondoggles to resolve before lunch

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
Why don’t we just pump all the water to space

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Lord Decimus Barnacle posted:

Why don’t we just pump all the water to space

because that would be stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU