Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Red bull rampage is live, if you've never seen or heard of this you're in for a treat.

Here's the Livestream

So basically this is an event where a dozen or so of the best riders are flown into some cliffs in utah for a week, they build their own line down the mountain with a small crew, and then they hit it I think twice during the event today. It's scored on style points but really it's not so much a competition as it is a bunch of pros doing poo poo that seems insane even to other pros and they're all friends excited to see what each other throw down.

I'm posting this in GBS because I think it's a wild thing that people outside of the bike scene would enjoy watching.

:spooky:Warning:spooky:

If you watch this live you're extremely likely to see someone get hurt. These are 50+ foot drops and guys are doing backflips etc off them. They know what they're getting into and they all want to be there. Some people are already out of the event from crashes in practice.

VelociBacon fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Oct 15, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
If any of these guys die in Utah do they automatically go to Mormon heaven?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Yaldabaoth posted:

I hear if you die in Utah you also die in real life.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Yaldabaoth posted:

Yes, whether you want to or not.

dsf
Jul 1, 2004
dont worry, Utah isnt real

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

There Bias Two posted:

I hear if you die in Utah you also die in real life.

Actually, I think if you die in Utah you get sucked up by a spaceship or something and live forever on Venus.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

So people's tires are all falling off because they're landing rotational tricks not perfectly straight and the force unseats the tire from the rim.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I am glad someone finally found a way to replicate Happy Wheels IRL and also make a lot of money doing so, just like people who made literally over a hundred videos of Happy Wheels let's plays, IMO

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Excuse me this is RBs

Brooks Cracktackle
Oct 17, 2008

This is insane and I love that it exists

Also I might have just watched someone die

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
this is dope and i'm glad i'm not doing it myself

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I don't watch hand egg op

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
hey there big beef

what's beefin?

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

EorayMel posted:

I am glad someone finally found a way to replicate Happy Wheels IRL and also make a lot of money doing so, just like people who made literally over a hundred videos of Happy Wheels let's plays, IMO

I love it when kids' brains are so warped by the entertainment they consume that they try to recreate it IRL when they grow up.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

That was really loving cool. Thanks for the heads up, OP.

LOLbertsons
Apr 8, 2009

The older announcer guy lived up the street from me and taught me to ride a 2 wheeler as a little kid. :buddy:

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Genuinely surprised at how good the event playback page is. Oh and, uh, good biking too.

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo

Sophy Wackles posted:

Genuinely surprised at how good the event playback page is. Oh and, uh, good biking too.

It's legit super optimised, instantly goes to a point in the playback with high quality.

I watched one biking thing and was like okay and left, but more surprised at the site optimisation and responsiveness.

are there any points in the video to watch where they crash out or someone gets hurt? Otherwise it's pretty boring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Lascivious Sloth posted:

It's legit super optimised, instantly goes to a point in the playback with high quality.

I watched one biking thing and was like okay and left, but more surprised at the site optimisation and responsiveness.

are there any points in the video to watch where they crash out or someone gets hurt? Otherwise it's pretty boring

yeah at the bottom left of the video you can filter by top runs and by crashes then they list all those runs and you can jump right to the crashes in the run playback.