Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Rather than keep clogging up the Hot Seat Watch thread I figured it was time to branch this out to it's own discussion

Required reading:
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/02/sports/redskins-cheerleaders-nfl.html
https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/07/16/redskins-sexual-harassment-larry-michael-alex-santos/
https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/08/26/redskins-cheerleaders-video-daniel-snyder-washington/
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/12/sports/football/jon-gruden-emails-dan-snyder.html
https://nypost.com/2021/10/14/wft-cheerleaders-are-traumatized-reliving-topless-photo-nightmare/
https://nypost.com/2021/10/14/washington-football-team-cheerleaders-want-to-see-nfl-findings/

The Backstory:
Due to the investigation into WFT office life being a toxic mess toward the female employees, owner Dan Snyder is currently taking a "back seat" in the day to day operations while his wife is currently the CEO for an undetermined amount of time. The team was also fined 10 million dollars when the investigation was completed for running an "unprofessional workplace". HOWEVER, when the investigation was finished the NFL then said the findings would remain private. Allegedly, the report was never written down and only presented to Goodell as an oral account of the situation. The 650,000 emails that ultimately caused Gruden to lose his job were collected during this investigation and were not released due to "confidentiality". This clearly wasn't the case for long, as a little under a year later emails were leaked out and suddenly John Gruden became collateral damage. Thus far the only one to suffer any consequences for all of this is Gruden who never even worked with the team, and the NFL would prefer it stay that way as they are currently still trying to die on the hill of not releasing the rest of the emails or discussing the results of their investigation. Currently the NFLPA, the WFT cheerleaders, and others are trying to get the NFL to release the emails and also the findings of the report.

Where we are at currently:
John Gruden has resigned from coaching the Raiders after emails were leaked showing him using inappropriate and racist language with Bruce Allen who was still working with WFT at the time. Additionally, it also came out that the two had sent topless pictures of the cheerleaders back and forth that existed from a prior story the NFL buried
Adam Schefter also took some heat for forwarding articles to Bruce Allen to edit, and quickly backpedaled to saying that he's a real journalist who checks his content with sources first like a pro
Jeff Pash, who is Roger Goodells friend and the NFLs general counsel, also had emails get leaked saying unflattering things in conversations with Bruce Allen. Although not to the level of what Gruden said, his fate remains to be seen

Will try to keep OP updated with news and will add any more info I missed if I come across it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

I hope this ends with an NFL owner being stripped of their team, it ruled when it happened with Donald Sterling in the NBA

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Chucktesla posted:

I hope this ends with an NFL owner being stripped of their team, it ruled when it happened with Donald Sterling in the NBA

It'll be Snyder and I will laugh and laugh.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Nah, it will be an owner that seems the least horriblhahahahaha I couldn't finish that with a straight face.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Chucktesla posted:

The entire population of Wisconsin will be arrested and charged.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Isn't Art Blank, for being a billionaire, a pretty good dude

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Blank is probably the best. Lurie is good.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Also I may or may not have drunk purchased 1 share of the Packers in 2011

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Lol if they payed Kaep all that money to go away and it leaks anyway.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

CharlestheHammer posted:

Best possible outcome

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

CharlestheHammer posted:

There's probably stuff to burn them in the St. Louis lawsuit too

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

CharlestheHammer posted:

Dream scenario.

I can't wait for this to start implicating other owners. If ESPN is going to get the heat from NFL redirection, we might start seeing real interesting things leaking.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

CharlestheHammer posted:

I'm ready. Kaep got paid so loving much and we still get the goods? Let's gooooo

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The entire population of Wisconsin will be arrested and charged.

Finally

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Oh man what if there are emails that have all those assistant coaches on the 2012 team saying horrible poo poo. Lafleur, McVay and Shanahan all going down for calling rg3 slurs

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Chucktesla posted:

Oh man what if there are emails that have all those assistant coaches on the 2012 team saying horrible poo poo. Lafleur, McVay and Shanahan all going down for calling rg3 slurs

If Gruden or Allen had called RG3 the very bad slur it would have already leaked by now. And if the lovely boomer guys weren’t doing it I seriously doubt the young ones were.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Kaepernick being vindicated would be the cherry on top of this poo poo sundae & I hope the NFL has to eat the whole thing,

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Hooters VIP

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Nodoze posted:

the report was never written down and only presented to Goodell as an oral account of the situation

Dan Snyder going out of his way to honor the rich history of Native American oral traditions

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

isnt there an active FBI investigation ongoing in to the WFT poo poo still, above and beyond the internal league investigation? i swear i read that somewhere and that that might be how these emails have gotten into the hands of possible leakers (discovery)

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Death penalty

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

:capitalism:

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

bean mom posted:

isnt there an active FBI investigation ongoing in to the WFT poo poo still, above and beyond the internal league investigation? i swear i read that somewhere and that that might be how these emails have gotten into the hands of possible leakers (discovery)

The DEA raided the offices and a trainers house.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I'm remembering the :allbuttons: story about the WFT cheerleaders that went overseas for a photo shoot & had their passports withheld. That in of itself should be one of the biggest :yikes: story but somehow it isn't.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...l-investigation

Lmao

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

lmao just lol

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1449163667442909187?s=20

shut the gently caress up nfl

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

Dead? That's what they want you to think.
NFL also announces its poop smells like fresh baked chocolate chip cookies.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Guze posted:

lmao just lol

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1449163667442909187?s=20

shut the gently caress up nfl

:rubby:

Yup, I'm sure that out of the entire trove of emails, Gruden was the only person who did anything bad. Yup, totally believe you

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Wow they're actually doing it

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

They're really betting on this going away over the weekend lol

Who is the next Bruce Allen adjacent NFL lackey they suddenly find poo poo on if it doesn't?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

shyduck posted:

Wow they're actually doing it

The least surprising thing

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Classic Friday night news dump too

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

It just hit me that Jay Gruden hasn't been burned in all this. Certainly there's plenty of this poo poo between him and Jon to go with the theme of Washington totally being cleaned up now with Ron Rivera. Guess I just answered my own question for who is next.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Ches Neckbeard posted:

It just hit me that Jay Gruden hasn't been burned in all this. Certainly there's plenty of this poo poo between him and Jon to go with the theme of Washington totally being cleaned up now with Ron Rivera. Guess I just answered my own question for who is next.

The real mastermind behind it all is Deuce.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Except who cares about jay gruden

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

wyoak posted:

Except who cares about jay gruden

Who cares about Bruce Allen either? They've still named him both times. Jay was the head coach and it goes with the narrative that they're trying to paint. Washington is totally cleaned up since Rivera showed up.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
I don’t think Washington is the source of the leaks

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

wyoak posted:

I don’t think Washington is the source of the leaks

I don’t know who is behind the leaks considering that it’s not simply Gruden getting shanked anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
The bigger question is if another bombshell will drop during SNF or in MNF.