Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Iron Crowned posted:

I do think it's low-key funny how poorly they read the copy. Other podcasts tend to at least make it sound like they're not reading the ad copy. Wouldn't mind Andrew trying to make it sound like a Squatty Potty changed his life though.

Nothing can ever compare to Chris Jericho's transition into Omaha Steaks on his podcast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I miss when you could tell if they hated the product they had to advertise or not depending on the promo code.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I just assume they kinda hate it all.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Iron Crowned posted:

I do think it's low-key funny how poorly they read the copy. Other podcasts tend to at least make it sound like they're not reading the ad copy. Wouldn't mind Andrew trying to make it sound like a Squatty Potty changed his life though.

not everyone can be cumtown and have to be consistently warned by the blue chew company to stop referring to the product as "blue chews" but instead chewables or that their rep contact is a woman who most assuredly hates the podcast as a whole

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

My favorite ad read of all time on a podcast was on some episode of the Giant Bombcast back in the day. They usually do wacky skits as ads but for this one, they were clearly instructed to read it exactly as written. It was advertising some comedian's special on Netflix or something. The thing I will never forget was Jeff Gerstmann reading the whole thing so forcefully he legitimately sounded like he was going to murder somebody, especially when he read the sentence "He's the sort of guy to eat Chik-Fil-A on a Sunday!".

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

This new crop of advertisers are so low rent. Never thought I'd pine for the days of square space, casper mattresses and extreme restraints.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Arson Daily posted:

This new crop of advertisers are so low rent. Never thought I'd pine for the days of square space, casper mattresses and extreme restraints.

Square Space and their ilk are the big dogs these days, they advertise on Marc Maron's podcast.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
i could go my whole life without hearing maaaaaaaaaaaanscape again. on anything.

i just hit the fast forward button so i'm not gonna begrudge the whm boys for getting paid, i'd do the same. i appreciate they put music underneath so i know when to stop.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I wonder if it’s worth the money to advertise on a podcast you can fast forward through. I’ve looked at a couple places over the years to see if the codes are worth it and all the products are just overpriced garbage anyways.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

I think the only product that I've ever bought off a podcast was a Harry's razor and that seemed like pretty good value. Now they sell them in Target!

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
The only product I've ever bought from a podcast was an Audible subscription. Which I eventually canceled because I didn't have enough time to listen to audiobooks because of all the free podcasts I was listening to. :v:

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Invalid Validation posted:

I wonder if it’s worth the money to advertise on a podcast you can fast forward through. I’ve looked at a couple places over the years to see if the codes are worth it and all the products are just overpriced garbage anyways.

The mattresses are what kill me the most. I’ve seen the Casper, the Purple Mattress, the Sleep EZ, the Helix… I’ve seen so many of them and the only discernible difference is the branding, the amount of material used on the inside and like what code you used to buy one. They’re legit the same goddamn thing. It’s wild what a racket that stuff is.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I’m sure all those memory foam mattresses come from the same Chinese factory. I’ve bought a couple over the years from cheapy Amazon seller to slightly nicer ones and they all seem to be the same.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

SilentChaz posted:

The only product I've ever bought from a podcast was an Audible subscription. Which I eventually canceled because I didn't have enough time to listen to audiobooks because of all the free podcasts I was listening to. :v:

Living outside the US, I don't think I've ever been able to buy something a podcast was selling. I ordered Sherry's Berries once for my mom and it still was much more expensive than other places online.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I've bought me undies and 3chi (I don't know where to buy drugs and it's illegal in my state) after hearing podcast ads and both are good. Me undies are legit my favorite underwear, but they're kinda expensive even with coupons.

"promo code: HATE"

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

GoutPatrol posted:

Living outside the US, I don't think I've ever been able to buy something a podcast was selling. I ordered Sherry's Berries once for my mom and it still was much more expensive than other places online.

The Sherry’s Berries read by Bill Burr is one of the all time greats. That and the weeping Mrs Field’s cookies ad read by the late, great Fez Whatley

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Don't think I've listened to a single ad from them since they put the music behind them.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

I ordered one pair of meundies once and they were ok but not amazing enough to order online all the time or, god forbid, sign up to a subscription for underwear.

doos
Jan 1, 2015

The only ad I might let myself listen to is the one where Cabin talks about how good CBD is. Bet they had a hoot giving him that one.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
They probably told Cabin, read it as if you're a raging square who really bought into DARE

I bought one of those toothbrushes they advertised years ago. It was pretty ok but then I changed to one of those IO brushes that's like a dentist's drill right in your bathroom.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.

Arson Daily posted:

I ordered one pair of meundies once and they were ok but not amazing enough to order online all the time or, god forbid, sign up to a subscription for underwear.

It's kinda nice getting a new pair of skivvies every month.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
I would listen to the ads when they were at the beginning of each episode and unique to them, because they'd make a lot of jokes with each other. I didn't realize that for a while, so I completely missed out on them apparently being obviously annoyed at Draft Kings?

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I tried Feals thanks to the gang and in their defense it did have a money back guarantee as advertised for being completely unsatisfied with my overpriced fake weed oil.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

To this day I have no loving idea what CBD is even supposed to do or how you take it.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

AceOfFlames posted:

To this day I have no loving idea what CBD is even supposed to do or how you take it.

all the same ways you can ingest weed; edibles, smoke, vape, tinctures, topical creams... I think CBD has some benefits, it helps my GF with multiple sclerosis sleep better at night without waking up with leg pain, I buy vape carts that are about 2:1 THC/CBD so I can have a couple puffs during the day but it doesn't make me feel "high". I do think that most of these sites advertising on podcasts exist to try and sell something similar to weed to people who can't legally buy weed though.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

AceOfFlames posted:

I use it in a muscle rub cream, it works for me but I will readily admit it might also be the placebo effect.

Also I am assuming all the dad's in the audience were screaming "Blackhawk down" when the guys were talking about Josh Hartnett's biggest movies.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Cleveland show was a good one. Our boys haven't missed a step.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Hockles posted:

Cleveland show was a good one. Our boys haven't missed a step.

Did anyone in the splash zone get hit?

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
This latest AD is wonderful. Steve and Eric make good Patti Mayonnaise voices, I think Eric might be the best one, even though he does it far less.

platero
Sep 11, 2001

spooky, but polite, a-hole

Pillbug

GPTribefan posted:

The Sherry’s Berries read by Bill Burr is one of the all time greats. That and the weeping Mrs Field’s cookies ad read by the late, great Fez Whatley

The reads from ron and fez were the absolute best. I still have a copy of Ron reading out the i57 ignite (caffeine pill) reads on a hard drive somewhere. Cha de bugre! (i think that's what it was, some natural herb to go with horse-killing amounts of caffeine.)

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

BigglesSWE posted:

This latest AD is wonderful. Steve and Eric make good Patti Mayonnaise voices, I think Eric might be the best one, even though he does it far less.

It was an amazing episode. Patti's meth addict voice, fascist Roger, and the Wishmaster cameo were priceless.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Any goons making it to any of the live shows have a trip report? I doubt they'll come back to Texas, rightfully so. :smith:

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

If anyone is going and can get me a tour poster i will give you money for the poster and a beer

edit:
and my quarterly bump for the discord

https://discord.gg/SPwVzPFq

Beer_Suitcase fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Oct 15, 2021

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Jiro posted:

Any goons making it to any of the live shows have a trip report? I doubt they'll come back to Texas, rightfully so. :smith:
It sucked hearing (I think) Andrew on a recent green room or twitter just say "no gently caress Texas, we're not going as long as they're being pieces of poo poo there". But exactly like you said, it's sadly justified. I feel bad for not seeing them when they were in Austin a few years back.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Beer_Suitcase posted:

If anyone is going and can get me a tour poster i will give you money for the poster and a beer

edit:

Yea I wanted to ask the same because that poster owns but I got no idea how much it costs.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Huh a double post.

Still waiting for that Prowler commentary.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Sorry poster dudes, you're a couple days late for me.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Beer_Suitcase posted:

edit:

well now im in here.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

The new gleep glossary had me :tinfoil: hard over the Valorum=Kerry parallels. Also Palpatine telling Valorum to kill himself constantly was fukkin hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I’m going to the Bell House. If yall need posters still come December holla at ya boy.