Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes
Problem description: My PC doesn't have built-in bluettoth so I've bought a USB Bluetooth adapter. This works fine initially - but every time I restart the computer it completely forgets the bluetooth adapter exists (ehile it is plugged in) and I have to reinstall drivers. Every. Time.

Attempted fixes: Googled it - no solution. I run the Bluetooth troubleshooter each time and it reinstalls the device/drivers

Recent changes: This is the 3rd (and most expensive) adapter I've bought. At first I thought I was having issues with a shoddy product so bought a new one but the same issue occurs - plug it in and all works fine. Reboot PC and it doesn't work at all - even if you unplug it and plug it back in. The Windows troubleshhoter reinstalls the device and all works fine again until the next boot.

Operating system: Windows 10

System specs: ASUS USB-BT500

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Three initial things to try:

-Make sure W10 is fully updated.

-Try a different USB port.

-Make sure you're on latest motherboard BIOS.