Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

epic 2012 username
Mar 26, 2021

by Hand Knit
Should probably be prescribed Adderall or some thing but if I did that I would just eat it all the time and maybe start drinking and smash my car lol. It’s quite a pickle that I’m in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
cheer up OP

epic 2012 username
Mar 26, 2021

by Hand Knit
I’m going to do a task ftw…….. getting up now

epic 2012 username
Mar 26, 2021

by Hand Knit
Going to see if I paid my car insurance or not lol

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I want to say it will all be OK. But that could be a lie.

But I do believe you will be OK.

I know it's hard af though. And I'm not saying to bootstraps yourself up. But you have to try a bit. Are you actively doing anything that could be making it worse? Drugs/weed/ beer or booze. If so, stop. If you can't, call someone. Speaking from personal experience, it doesn't help, and will make it worse.

If that's not the case, try going outside more. Not in a joking way. I just sit outside on my porch or in my car. Listen to the birds or anything to keep your attention. Take a long bath and just chill. Try to tune out anything that may be taking up attention from your own wellbeing.

I sincerely hope you feel better.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

become a scientologist

epic 2012 username
Mar 26, 2021

by Hand Knit

Treecko posted:

I want to say it will all be OK. But that could be a lie.

But I do believe you will be OK.

I know it's hard af though. And I'm not saying to bootstraps yourself up. But you have to try a bit. Are you actively doing anything that could be making it worse? Drugs/weed/ beer or booze. If so, stop. If you can't, call someone. Speaking from personal experience, it doesn't help, and will make it worse.

If that's not the case, try going outside more. Not in a joking way. I just sit outside on my porch or in my car. Listen to the birds or anything to keep your attention. Take a long bath and just chill. Try to tune out anything that may be taking up attention from your own wellbeing.

I sincerely hope you feel better.
Thanks Op I don’t drink or do drugs

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Clean your room like you planned to OP

epic 2012 username
Mar 26, 2021

by Hand Knit

Caesar Saladin posted:

Clean your room like you planned to OP

I did that

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

nice

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

do one of those daily habit rpg things where you level up by doing the chores and tasks you need to do every day. you will get a little dopamine hit each time you check something off, and seeing the progress over time will give you something to feel good about. then after a couple weeks you'll be overwhelmed and lose all momentum, but at least you got some stuff done and maybe it will be a little easier next time.

(i've never done these, but i know some people who have and that seems to be the pattern)

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
You should make so.e dinner OP i am making dinner right now i am baking lotatoes and then will grill some steak and also have somr salad it is going to be a good dinner i think

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

get some of dat dere cbd

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

epic 2012 username posted:

There's your problem

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Should probably be prescribed Adderall or some thing but if I did that I would just eat it all the time and maybe start drinking and smash my car lol. It’s quite a pickle that I’m in

Yeah it's good to be able to notice how some medications will push people towards mania, including adderall, although it can be useful. Some antidepressants will do that too; but you can one that increases motivation without side effects. There's literally hundreds of different types of them; so medication is still a good tool because it's indeed possible to find some that has no side effects (for your specific body), only positive effects

that being said, I dont do things i need to do; for weeks a time, I will just leave something on the floor, ya know
my tact has been to just do the one important thing. just keep doing the one important thing

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

Go get some exercise that can help shift your mindset

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

That sounds depressing as poo poo.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Have you considered going outside op

A meme told me that going outside cures depression

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
turn that mind set into a grind set!!! become a daytrader

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo

yikes, what a boring life

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho

Booty Pageant posted:

turn that mind set into a grind set!!! become a daytrader

OP said no Adderall

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Sorry I was trying to give real advice. I am not a MP of any kind though. I will defend what I typed to the end :colbert:

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
A life that's not carefully balanced via complicated cocktail of downers and uppers is not worth living

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Join a gym, scrub

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Telling depressed people to lift weights is such a lmao cliche.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Do some yoga, punk

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

join a pokemon gym, child

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
I am also depressed

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

Also im gay

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

Mostly depressed

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Hell same

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
Hang in there pal

*image of kitten hanging from branch*

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho

Heil, same

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

if i had healthcare i would have adderall. i miss healthcare and adderall.

Boner M
Sep 21, 2021

by Hand Knit
You should eat all the time and maybe start drinking.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Last time I had Healthcare it was because I was pregnant. I had some bad PPD and got Prozac and Buspar. It did nothing and the insurance ran out quick.

But that doesn't mean others can't get help. I still recommend calling. The state hospital should help you sign up for Medicare.

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer
Drink, and drink heavily. It'll ease the pain. Your body can take it. It took me about 25 years to get the cirrhosis. Wasn't a bad ride, i'd give it B+ overall.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Stop living in a pickle. Problem solved, that will be 85 visits at 100 per session

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Seriously OP I'd be depressed as hell if I couldn't drink or do drugs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

christ y'know i've just quit drinking and vaping and i was feeling pretty good about myself so i thought what's this adderall all about maybe i can get addicted to and then quit that for another buzz and it's not legal in the uk this loving place.