Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Nick Sirianni is a bad coach

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

gently caress Tom Brady? Don't mind if I do

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
Look, when you're averaging almost 4.5 yards per attempt, you have to pass as much as possible.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

lets go bucs baby love da bucs

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Go Bucs!

dingo with a joint
Jan 12, 2019

wrong cow
I am comforted by the knowledge that many a Philadelphia child will have loudly and unignorably informed brady in exacting biological detail just what it is that he can go vigorously do unto himself.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
gently caress tomb

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

the souls in the gently caress Tomb power his longevity

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

lol @ the ref stepping in to stop Barnett from blocking tom brady

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnEuZ-p-ztM

what a poo poo league!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

shyduck posted:

Nick Sirianni is a bad coach

Also Hurts is a bad QB. Just the way of things. I liked what I saw of Reag and Smith. Ertz also looked okay. This team could be something without a shotgun armed QB because it would take pressure off of the box that’s shutting down the run which enables more options etc etc

Sirianni may well be a major problem as well but Hurts is limiting the hell out of this team.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
This may be a dumb take but the Eagles should just copy the playbook the Ravens used in Lamars first full year as a starter and just pound the ball. Hurts isn't as big of a running threat but he's clearly got some wheels. The whole middle part of the game where Hurts was forced into a straight dropback offense was one of the dumbest things I've ever seen.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Hurts wasn't good last night but I'm not ready to write him off just yet. The gameplan is flat out terrible. Very bland and predicable, and the Bucs apparently were calling the Eagles plays out throughout the game. It's a bad, bad situation

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

ASAPRockySituation posted:

Also Hurts is a bad QB. Just the way of things. I liked what I saw of Reag and Smith. Ertz also looked okay. This team could be something without a shotgun armed QB because it would take pressure off of the box that’s shutting down the run which enables more options etc etc

Sirianni may well be a major problem as well but Hurts is limiting the hell out of this team.

Ertz apparently looked good enough to get traded to Arizona.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

I mean its a crappy meandering answer but I've never been fond of the "identity of the team" question.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Release the Magic!

Start Minshew!

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

pasaluki posted:

I mean its a crappy meandering answer but I've never been fond of the "identity of the team" question.
I think of it as a overly polite way of asking "what the hell are you doing"

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

Democratic Pirate posted:

Ertz apparently looked good enough to get traded to Arizona.

Arizona really is going all in on good players outside their prime as the #2 guy. Green, Watt, Conner, and now Ertz. Looks to be working quite well for them too.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Almost like that's how you're supposed to do role players/vet acquisitions. Who allowed Arizona to have competent front office? Make em take the guy who did the emmitt smith is still a top level #1 back signing.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Stanley Tucheetos posted:

Arizona really is going all in on good players outside their prime as the #2 guy. Green, Watt, Conner, and now Ertz. Looks to be working quite well for them too.

This is how the Ravens have always done it and it works pretty darn well.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Ehud posted:

lol @ the ref stepping in to stop Barnett from blocking tom brady

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnEuZ-p-ztM

what a poo poo league!

I love Derek Barnett and am glad that he’s doing well

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Looks like Jensen blocked in the back. Better tack on 15

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Sending Urban back out there after the half is forfeiting the game, not leaving him in London is forfeiting the year

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Igbinoghene certainly played like poo poo from an rear end that game

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
lol Dolphins

I like that the Jags kicker made 0/5 FGs before today and then promptly goes 3/3, including the game winner and one of the coolest kicks I've seen.

https://twitter.com/ESPNNFL/status/1449776416581722115

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

I'm glad Urban Meyer won a game

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Well, in my blind rage I accidentally made another NFL aftermath thread but I guess that goes to show you how unexpected it is that Urban Meyer of all people won that game

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Mystic Stylez posted:

I'm glad Urban Meyer won a game

Me too, he'll last the whole season now

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

OneMoreTime posted:

Well, in my blind rage I accidentally made another NFL aftermath thread but I guess that goes to show you how unexpected it is that Urban Meyer of all people won that game

I appreciated your OP.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Forrest on Fire posted:

Me too, he'll last the whole season now

Hey, he might still have a heart attack or something.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

4th and inches in a tied game in a pivotal moment and you draw up a slow and predictable shotgun handoff

Dolphins aren't the only team in the league to do this but it's so loving infuriating. You have to gain half a yard so you call a flat-footed handoff 4.5 yards behind the line

shyduck fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Oct 17, 2021

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Look they don't practice the qb sneak and tremor is scared to do it in a game ok?

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

OneMoreTime posted:

It's fine friend, we all have been there

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

shyduck posted:

4th and inches in a tied game in a pivotal moment and you draw up a slow and predictable shotgun handoff

Dolphins aren't the only team in the league to do this but it's so loving infuriating. You have to gain half a yard so you call a flat-footed handoff 4.5 yards behind the line

If you can't QB sneak 0.5-1 yard on any given play what the gently caress is your OL doing?

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Remember week 1 when the Dolphins ran some wildcat and it was fairly effective and then in this very game they brought Brissett in for a fakeout QB Sneak that resulted in a big play?

3rd/4th and 1 multiple times? Shotgun handoff, short throw that gets blown up, punt.

Just terrible poo poo all day.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Mr. Nice! posted:

If you can't QB sneak 0.5-1 yard on any given play what the gently caress is your OL doing?
It doesn't sound like a good situation but at least pretend that's what you may do and give Tua a chance to roll. There was nothing dynamic about that call and the Jags sniffed it out immediately

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

This is topical

https://twitter.com/SimpsonsQOTD/status/1449784944792948742?t=HJeIq83R-VQ3tT4QpKp5dA&s=19

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

shyduck posted:

It doesn't sound like a good situation but at least pretend that's what you may do and give Tua a chance to roll. There was nothing dynamic about that call and the Jags sniffed it out immediately

I'm just saying, there's exactly one QB that I've ever known who wasn't confident they could get half a yard on a sneak, and that was ol' poo poo taco.

Ask the center, guards, and qb from each team in the NFL and I bet you all 32 groups say "QB sneak" when you need half a yard.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

To add if they're not confident running a possible sneak with Tua because of his ribs or other reason then put Brissett in. He's 6'4" 230 and they already had him in once on short yardage and it worked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Mr. Nice! posted:

I'm just saying, there's exactly one QB that I've ever known who wasn't confident they could get half a yard on a sneak, and that was ol' poo poo taco.

Ask the center, guards, and qb from each team in the NFL and I bet you all 32 groups say "QB sneak" when you need half a yard.

I mean the defense can play against it. Line up a DT on each side of the center and any team worth it's poo poo won't QB sneak there.

... they'll run off to either gap you created to shift two guys onto the nose. Either way, you should always get that half yard.