Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

HM: Bobby Fish vs Lee Moriarty
MOTYC: Bryan Danielson vs Minoru Suzuki
HM: CM Punk vs Matt Sydal
HM: Inner Circle (Jericho, Guevara & Hager) vs. Men of the Year & Junior dos Santos

From AEW Rampage and the Buy-In, 10/15/21

MOTYC: Malakai Black vs Dante Martin
HM: FTR vs Lucha Bros
MOTYC: SuperKliq vs Dark Order
HM: Bryan Danielson vs Bobby Fish

From AEW Dynamite, 10/16/21

Dante vs Malakai was my favorite Malakai match so far and made Dante look amazing. He hung with Malakai better than Cody did AND earned that nod of respect at the end. Great storytelling on top of a super fun match.

Dark Order rules so much and seeing them as a happy, functioning unit that can match up to the best of AEW was great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

MOTYC
3rd October
Pro Wrestling NOAH N-1 Victory Night 6
N-1 Victory Final
Katsuhiko Nakajima vs Kenoh

I knew there was no way this match would let me down and so it goes. Top NOAH Match of 2021. Kicks like getting clobbered with a baseball bat Kenoh stealing the corner pose from Nak, great near falls, brutal top rope double stomp, oh god the sound made by those kicks is just perfection in the clap crowd era. Two of my absolute faves just battering each other in that way that only friends can. loving loved this, if you somehow haven't seen this then you owe it to yourself.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
G1 Climax October 13

HM: Kota Ibushi vs. Satoshi Kojima
HM: Tomohiro Ishii vs. Yujiro Takahashi
HM: Great-O-Khan vs. Shingo Takagi

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

SG Bamboo posted:

NOAH Sanctuary October 17th
MOTYC
Kenoh vs Seiki Yoshioka
- Absolutely loved this, this was short but real brutal as two of my favourite kickbois (that aren't Nakajima) decided that they want the other to spend the rest of the week bruised and hurting. I was excited when I saw this announced because I like both these guys but was afraid that Kenoh would just squash him, but I was very happy that Kenoh treated Yoshioka like a legitimate threat with some real weight behind his kicks.

Katsuhiko Nakajima and Masaaki Mochizuki vs Takashi Sugiura and Masato Tanaka
- Would you look at that, the only thing needed for me to get hype as hell for the upcoming old man title challenges is for them to square up and beat the poo poo out of each other for half an hour.

HM
Naomichi Marufuji, Yoshinari Ogawa and NOSAWA Rongai vs Kaito Kiyomiya, HAYATA and YO-HEY
- Thought this was fun, I almost always find parejas increibles interesting and the interactions between Hayata and Yo-Hey were especially good here considering their history

Nth to all of these. I want to listen to Nakajima kicking Tanaka forever.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

MOTYC
3rd October
G1 Climax Night 9
Tomohiro Ishii vs Zack Sabre Jr

MOTYC
3rd October
G1 Climax Night 9
Kota Ibushi vs Shingo Takagi

Show needed these 2 matches because the rest of it was flatter than the earth in Flip Gordon's mind.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

sticklefifer posted:

MOTYC: 10/17/21 - Gate of Victory @ Hyogo Kobe Sanbo Hall, Night 2
Open the Brave Gate Championship:
SB KENTo (c) vs Funky 'Jacky' Kamei

Great back and forth escalating match. SBK's already great, but this made me believe Kamei's going to be a big deal sooner rather than later. The final sprint felt so desperate and it really woke up the crowd.

2nd. gently caress yeah, this match ruled. In a week where I saw Danielson/Suzuki, I think Kamei and Kento swinging for the fences on each other was my favorite chop battle I've seen in awhile.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Chris Sabin vs. Josh Alexander, Impact Victory Road, 9/18

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
HM: Dark Order vs. 2point0, Daniel Garcia, and Serpentico - AEW Dark 10/20/21

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

graph posted:

HM: Dark Order vs. 2point0, Daniel Garcia, and Serpentico - AEW Dark 10/20/21

You know what? I'm gonna Nth this. It was a goofy dark match but they told a neat story about Serpentico being an idiot and Garcia hating him at first but trying to save him so they don't lose the match by the end, even when 2.0 ditched him. I like little stories like that so I think it's worth checking out.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Renaissance Spam posted:

You know what? I'm gonna Nth this. It was a goofy dark match but they told a neat story about Serpentico being an idiot and Garcia hating him at first but trying to save him so they don't lose the match by the end, even when 2.0 ditched him. I like little stories like that so I think it's worth checking out.

it's the silly crap that hits the spot :)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

HM: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Taichi - NJPW G1 Climax 31 B Block Final 10/20

a cyborg mug posted:

Heel Tana vs underdog face Taichi is such a delicious dynamic

This match was a blast, flipping the expected face/heel dynamic worked beautifully.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MOTYC: Taichi vs Hiroshi Tanahashi - NJPW G1 Climax 31 (10/20)

Beautiful stuff. The scrappy broken down underdog facing up to the evil ace.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Nth. These two really know how to turn the drama up.

HM:Tama Tonga vs Hirooki Goto - NJPW G1 Climax 31, 2021/10/20

Tama was so good in this match, I'd dare to say he carried it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MOTYC: Kazuchika Okada vs. Jeff Cobb - NJPW G1 Climax 31 B Block Final 10/20

The two most impressive wrestlers of the tournament have once again delivered, they have always had great chemistry but this was something special. Cobb's innovative power moves are always impressive but his repeating Tombstone Piledriver is one of the craziest loving things I have ever seen. Okada back at full power is as great as ever, you can tell he was giving it his all and that he was having a blast competing against a guy who is just as capable as him of pulling off superhuman poo poo that shouldn't be possible.

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?

Jerusalem posted:

The two most impressive wrestlers of the tournament have once again delivered, they have always had great chemistry but this was something special. Cobb's innovative power moves are always impressive but his repeating Tombstone Piledriver is one of the craziest loving things I have ever seen. Okada back at full power is as great as ever, you can tell he was giving it his all and that he was having a blast competing against a guy who is just as capable as him of pulling off superhuman poo poo that shouldn't be possible.

Nth. Jeff Cobb is cool and strong and Okada is pretty good at professional wrestling.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Nth. Okada is back

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Jerusalem posted:

Nth brilliant match

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NJPW G1 Climax Night 18 October 20th
MOTYC
Jeff Cobb vs Kazuchika Okada

HM
Tama Tonga vs Hirooki Goto
Taichi vs Hiroshi Tanahashi

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

forkboy84 posted:

MOTYC
3rd October
Pro Wrestling NOAH N-1 Victory Night 6
N-1 Victory Final
Katsuhiko Nakajima vs Kenoh

I knew there was no way this match would let me down and so it goes. Top NOAH Match of 2021. Kicks like getting clobbered with a baseball bat Kenoh stealing the corner pose from Nak, great near falls, brutal top rope double stomp, oh god the sound made by those kicks is just perfection in the clap crowd era. Two of my absolute faves just battering each other in that way that only friends can. loving loved this, if you somehow haven't seen this then you owe it to yourself.

Nth for this kick fight

Also from the same show:

HM: Katsuhiko Nakajima vs Masakatsu Funaki
They made it look real legit. Also short and sweet.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC

HM

Nth - Today felt much more like a true block final than Monday.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC

HM

Yeah agreed

So glad to see heel Tanahashi since we rarely get that anymore

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
16th October
AEW Dynamite
Dante Martin vs Malakai Black

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I'll Nth it as a motyc too. It was really good. Taichi has been one of the top performers this g1.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

WMOTYC
9th October
Stardom 10th Anniversary Grand Final Osaka Dream Cinderella 2021
Future Of Stardom Title
Unagi Sayaka vs Ruaka

Ruaka is so bad she'd honestly standout as bad on the AEW women's roster.

HM
9th October
Artist Of Stardom Titles
Donna del Mondo (Himeka, Maika & Natsupoi) vs Queen's Quest (AZM, Momo Watanabe & Saya Kamitani)

Not sure I love the idolly dance number from DdM but as a wrestling unit, cool.

MOTYC
9th October
Wonder Of Stardom Title
Tam Nakano vs Mayu Iwatani

Mayu trying to murder Tam with a headbutt at one point. Some people seem mad about the finish but clearly this is the middle point of the story rather than the end, and they have more in the tank for that final encounter. Be nice if there was a more decisive finish but they beat the poo poo out of each other and that is always cool.

MOTYC
9th October
World Of Stardom Title
Utami Hayashishita vs Takumi Iroha

Had a New Japan main event feel but when those were better. Hayashishita is great as the Ace of Stardom. Iroha is the invader. Maybe 2 or 3 minutes longer than it needed to be but still great.

In conclusion, show is well worth your time.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Honorable MentionMOTYC. Ahem...... Zack Sabre Jr. vs........ KATSUYORI SHIBATA!!!!!!!!! in a 5-minute UWF Exhibition match - NJPW G1 Climax 31 Finals 10/21

:stare:

Edit: gently caress it, MOTYC, I still can't believe what I saw.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Oct 21, 2021

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NJPW G1 Climax Night 19 October 21st
MOTYC
Zack Sabre Jr vs Katsuyori Shibata - UWF Rules Exhibition match
- The action was good if very short, this means so much to me that we got to see him one more time. The best 10 minutes a New Japan fan will have all year

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Yeah do not click on that spoiler if you want to experience the biggest surprise of the year for yourself. It is the match after the halftime break in the show. Seconding the HM

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Oct 21, 2021

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC
- The action was good if very short, this means so much to me that we got to see him one more time. The best 10 minutes a New Japan fan will have all year

nth it rocked

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Honorable MentionMOTYC. Ahem...... Zack Sabre Jr. vs........ KATSUYORI SHIBATA!!!!!!!!! in a 5-minute UWF Exhibition match - NJPW G1 Climax 31 Finals 10/21

whatthefuckwhatthefuckwhatthefuck nth I'm so happy right now

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Jerusalem posted:

Jesus croesus, so much Nth. Watch this show.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HM: LIJ (Shingo, Hiromu, SANADA & Bushi) vs. Master Wato, Taguchi, Kojima and Tenzan - NJPW G1 Climax Finals 10/21

Real high energy, extremely entertaining match. It was a delight seeing Taguchi back after being absent for the G1 itself, and he and Hiromu have great in-ring chemistry.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

HM: LIJ (Shingo, Hiromu, SANADA & Bushi) vs. Master Wato, Taguchi, Kojima and Tenzan - NJPW G1 Climax Finals 10/21

Real high energy, extremely entertaining match. It was a delight seeing Taguchi back after being absent for the G1 itself, and he and Hiromu have great in-ring chemistry.

2nd, very impressive they got me to pay attention after

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

HM
LIJ (Shingo Takagi, Hiromu Takahashi, BUSHI and SANADA) vs. Master Wato, Ryusuke Taguchi, Satoshi Kojima and Hiroyoshi Tenzan
- Just a real fun 8-man tag that kept up the positive vibes from the previous match

Kazuchika Okada vs Kota Ibushi - G1 Climax Finals
- Man, what a hosed way to finish the tournament. It was so good until then :( hope it's not as serious as they assume

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Can't even give a nomination for it, personally, it was a fantastic match but man.... :smith:

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

Yeah it was a MOTYC up until the ending but that was the worst way for it to end.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

SG Bamboo posted:

HM
LIJ (Shingo Takagi, Hiromu Takahashi, BUSHI and SANADA) vs. Master Wato, Ryusuke Taguchi, Satoshi Kojima and Hiroyoshi Tenzan
- Just a real fun 8-man tag that kept up the positive vibes from the previous match

Kazuchika Okada vs Kota Ibushi - G1 Climax Finals
- Man, what a hosed way to finish the tournament. It was so good until then :( hope it's not as serious as they assume

Nth

It sucked to see Kota get hurt but I was really on the edge of my seat for the match

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

MOTYC
9th October
GLEAT Lidet UWF Ver.1
Daijiro Matsui vs Tetsuya Izuchi

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

MOTYC
9th October
GLEAT Lidet UWF Ver.1
Hikaru Sato & Rocky Kawamura 2 vs Minoru Tanaka & Takanori Ito

This loving ruled. A little slow in the beginning but when it kicked in to gear things got violent. Minoru Tanaka ate a hell of a beating and probably broke his nose, Hikaru Sato was channelling his sponsor Minoru Suzuki of grinning sadistically while getting slapped in the head. Aww yeah

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

forkboy84 posted:

Ruaka is so bad she'd honestly standout as bad on the AEW women's roster.

drat lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

GLEAT Lidet UWF Ver.1 October 21st
MOTYC
Minoru Tanaka and Takanori Ito vs Hikaru Sato and Rocky Kawamura 2
- This was a real good time, don't see nearly enough Minoru and whenever I see Sato or Rocky they're putting in great performances

HM
Yu Iizuka vs Daichi Hashimoto
- Iizuka rules, Hashimoto was definitely better than I expected with the clashing of styles. Very fun, but not as brutal as I hoped

Only saw the back half of this but what I saw was great, aside from that drat squeaky ring