Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Carthag Tuek posted:

*getting down on one knee, naked* I absolutely will not stop, ever, until we are married!

Come with me if you want to live happily ever after.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

A teaser trailer for a movie still being filmed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drQWopZDEEY

And one for Black Adam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p99rer0DiCo

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Flash actually finished filming like two weeks ago.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqqft2x_Aa4

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Looks like the Nolan movies but a touch broodier. Feels like we've seen everything in there before in a previous batflick.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

New teaser for Shazam 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASv687MKU80

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

That is one bullet proof Batman.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Your movie has no choice but to own when you cast Lucy Liu and Hellen Mirren as your villains.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Yup those sure are superhero movies

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Your movie has no choice but to own when you cast Lucy Liu

- visionary director Kaos during the Ecks vs. Sever pitch meeting

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

whydirt posted:

Yup those sure are superhero movies

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Wow more superhero films.

I used to be so psyched like 8 years ago.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

algebra testes posted:

Wow more superhero films.

I used to be so psyched like 20 years ago.

ftfy

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
DC, make a Watchmen sequel film.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Gonz posted:

DC, make a Watchmen sequel film.

It'll loving happen, just you wait.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Hope the entire Watchmen sequel takes place on whatever world Dr. Manhattan created

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

What if that was the tv show

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

kiimo posted:

Hope the entire Watchmen sequel takes place on whatever world Dr. Manhattan created

I have bad news for you about the comics

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

kiimo posted:

The TV series kind of does.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
There was a pretty cool Watchmen: Minutemen comic book I guess they could adapt that.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bk6VArB6_us
New Macbeth teaser

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

yes

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Gorgeous.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Superpets anyone?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXM6Srt0t18

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

davidspackage posted:

Dude, when's my wife??

This had me howling lol

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

davidspackage posted:

Dude, when's my wife??

Magic Hate Ball posted:

New thread title please.

:emptyquote:

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

A teaser trailer for a movie still being filmed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drQWopZDEEY

INT- 1989 BATCAVE

The Flash 3 looks in awe at a large computer station with several small CRT monitors.
The Flash 1 pulls away a dusty a sheet revealing the Batmobile from the Tim Burton films.

The Flash 1: No waaay!

The silhouette of Batman appears.

Batman: You break it, you buy it.

George Clooney steps out of the shadows and smiles directly into the camera.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
I know Reitman is on his high horse about "this movie is for the fans" but I personally never wanted to see babies with protonpacks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JH6u_033YBA

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Looks loving dreadful. It appears to capture the tone of the originals just about as well as the '16 movie did.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

How long has the flash movie been in production?
Is this one of those Armageddon/Deep Impact scenarios where 2 movies decided to hit the multiverse independently of each other?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

feedmyleg posted:

Looks loving dreadful. It appears to capture the tone of the originals just about as well as the '16 movie did.

I'm impressed that - based on reviews I've read - he managed to make a movie worse than the 2016 one.

kliras
Mar 27, 2021

AFewBricksShy posted:

Is this one of those Armageddon/Deep Impact scenarios where 2 movies decided to hit the multiverse independently of each other?
the original movie casting announcement got a bit of flack way back because they made it close to START of the flash tv show ... seven years ago

(god it sucks to search for anything old on google nowadays)

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

AFewBricksShy posted:

I think both Marvel and DC have been building towards the multiverse for so long that either side could make a case that one stole the idea from the other in this iteration. Though I think DC has been more public about their plans, since they've been working on Flash since forever. But we've all known where Marvel has been going for a long time. They just needed to get through Thanos first.

I think one company got wind of what the other was doing and figured, "We better get on that." It would just be impossible to know which company that was at this point.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The current iteration of the Flash movie’s production began taking shape back in 2014 and I think had the idea of it being based on Flashpoint from day 1. Strangers sequel tackling the multi-verse would have come way after that but I don’t think it really matters since both DC and Marvel have fairly fleshed out multi-verses which are frequent in comics all the time.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

clown shoes posted:

I know Reitman is on his high horse about "this movie is for the fans" but I personally never wanted to see babies with protonpacks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JH6u_033YBA

Nerd pedant voice: why is the car chasing the ghost? Once it has been contained in the proton stream it won't be able to move away so all you're doing at that point is taking it for a walk causing needless environmental damage, furthermore...

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Parkingtigers posted:

Nerd pedant voice: why is the car chasing the ghost? Once it has been contained in the proton stream it won't be able to move away so all you're doing at that point is taking it for a walk causing needless environmental damage, furthermore...

This ghost is more powerful because it's closer to the source of blah blah blah...

Or the proton packs are old? Who knows, it's all made up mumbo jumbo.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I hate the idea being peddled that Ghostbusters was a heartwarming tale about fambly because the 80s and Stranger Things, when in reality it was a deeply sardonic, witty comedy.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
I think the fundamental problem is a deep disconnect in what people think Ghostbusters should be. Unfortunately, the loudest segment of fandom is manchildren who all grew up, as I did, not realizing that Ghostbusters was a comedy. When I was a kid, it was just this kickass spooky action movie that occasionally had funny moments, and my siblings and friends and I would always play Ghostbusters. In our minds, the cool props were toyetic to the extreme, the ECTO-1 was never a punchline but always a cool ride, and we all convinced ourselves that what we wanted were more stories in that universe (an itch that was largely scratched by The Real Ghostbusters)

Anyone that DIDN'T have that experience remembers it primarily as a whip-smart, extremely of-its-time, politically questionable movie that largely caught lightning in a bottle comedically via the specific alchemy of combining Bill Murray's sardonic comedy with Dan Aykroyd's pulpy weirdness and Harold Ramis' bone-dry eccentricity. Recapturing that tone is likely a nigh-impossible task.

So, when somebody tried to combine successful comedians and update the style to the times, it wasn't great, but it was admirable from a certain perspective. But the opposite perspective saw it as absolute heresy and lost their GD minds online (which is what they're best at). This movie seems aimed squarely at that demographic, trying to recapture the feeling of being a kid and thinking proton packs were the absolute poo poo and wouldn't it be rad to have a mobile proton station on ECTO-1 and ooh what if Gozer came back and there were little Stay Pufts and and and...

I don't think it's possible to make a new GB movie that would satisfy a majority of whatever audience exists for it. I'll be happy to eat my words if this proves me wrong, but everything I've seen makes it seem like it really, really won't.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
people should just play the video game again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
e: oops already posted