Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

Hi!

I made a game called Slice & Dice with pixel art from a3um. It took me way too long to code and I'm still working on it. It's a roguelike tactics dice game with too much content. Simple turn-based combat, infinite undo, dumb combos to discover.

iOS https://apps.apple.com/es/app/slice-dice/id6449848963?l=en-GB
Steam https://store.steampowered.com/app/1775490/Slice__Dice/
Android https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.com.tann.dice
itch https://tann.itch.io/slice-dice

There's a Discord server too.

Tann fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Mar 20, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

If you have an android phone and two eyeballs download this game

Edit: or play it on itch.io just go do now

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Getting in on the ground floor of the thread about best mobile game of the last few years.

Has anyone here managed the unfair streak yet?

Miftan fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Oct 17, 2021

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

This is legit I think the only Android game I've paid for. I'm still working on achievements for the last handful of unlocks, myself.

Is there any way to tell which custom parties you've won with?

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

Nighthand posted:

No, sorry. I'm thinking of removing the unlock from that achievement for the next version tbh. Maybe some pointless trophy shelf for weird/annoying achievements I don't want to force players to do!

The Huge Manatee
Mar 27, 2014

Nighthand posted:

You can check your match history for each mode, I don't know how far that scrolls though.

Game is good, hope it gets updated to fix some of the remaining crashes, and/or savescumming.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
This is a really incredible game and I can't recommend it enough.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

dhamster posted:

This is a really incredible game and I can't recommend it enough.

eonblue174
Sep 13, 2011

Still chipping away at the Anthem killer

Chop, chop, chop
Such a fun game! I vastly underrated the keyword for reuse if kill monster, it's an absolute slayer when you have lots of Lil enemies

The Huge Manatee
Mar 27, 2014

eonblue174 posted:

Such a fun game! I vastly underrated the keyword for reuse if kill monster, it's an absolute slayer when you have lots of Lil enemies

Most of my blowout victories have been from buffing these abilities up through items or boost abilities and one turn womboing everything.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
This is probably the best android game I've played.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

eonblue174 posted:

Dancer's AoE rampage with any amount of damage upgrades is completely insane. You can deal so much damage to everything as long as your Dancer's HP holds out.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

One of my best runs had a ranger with the "kill if under x hp" skill buffed to be up to something like 7 or 8 and given rampage, helped me effortlessly wipe the last three or four levels.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

It's really good.

Thanks for reading my post.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Arzaac posted:

Dancer's AoE rampage with any amount of damage upgrades is completely insane. You can deal so much damage to everything as long as your Dancer's HP holds out.

That's what Undying sides are for.

The Huge Manatee
Mar 27, 2014
I've also had massive success with stacking +s on reroll and cantrip sides, you can quite happily end up with an infinite mana engine, or at least enough to nuke everything on the screen.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

it's a very fun game

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
Hero guide by Thunder

Other misc tips:

-Cleanse is your friend due to all the bad status effects out there. It's not a bad idea to hold out for Monk or Cleric as your Tier 2 gray, and a Red with cleanse sides.
-Sometimes it's better to keep a mediocre side instead of rerolling and potentially getting a blank, or something unhelpful. Assess the situation before locking in your rolls. Can you kill an enemy or two and also keep everyone alive?

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I like that guide quite a bit for the most part; the only thing I really disagree with is on Priestess. It's really not an uncommon situation to have 3+ heroes all dying at the same time, and it's a situation that priestess excels at.

Everything else is pretty solid advice I feel.

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
This game is cool as hell

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
Even though I suck rear end at it I love this game

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
Downloaded and now I fear for my employment status.

Suggestions:
Engage shields hardly ever work on higher difficulties. May need to be adjusted

Necromancy: copy dying character's roll as your own. Maybe on Warlock or Keeper? Could be interesting

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

cirus posted:

Engage shields hardly ever work on higher difficulties. May need to be adjusted

Necromancy: copy dying character's roll as your own. Maybe on Warlock or Keeper? Could be interesting

I'm buffing engage shields by buffing start-damaged so people don't pick it every time :)

Copying someone's roll is cool but it messes with saves unfortunately... plus it's quite similar to the re-use dice ability. It used to be in the game and it was cool to copy a dodge side!

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Pretty fun!

Only issue: any chance for a colorblind mode or option? Hard to tell the difference between Red/Orange and their dice. Eventually I realized they have different sides so I could tell them apart.

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

Concurred posted:

any chance for a colorblind mode or option?

I've been thinking about this. Non-colourblind people get to experience the pain in custom party mode! You can at least find out which hero they are by tapping the dice.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

dhamster posted:

-Cleanse is your friend due to all the bad status effects out there. It's not a bad idea to hold out for Monk or Cleric as your Tier 2 gray, and a Red with cleanse sides.

Lack of Cleanse is what almost always dooms every Unfair attempt I make.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Had an amazing run last night with an unbeatable team come to a screeching halt against the 3 witches. I appreciate how often I think "This team is unbeatable, how could I possibly lose?" and then immediately get my poo poo kicked in.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Was a fun romp going through Hard in the demo and then through Unfair in the retail game. The challenges in the game are pretty linear (enough raw stats to grind out fights, pay the mandatory cleanse tax, get enough boss killing power because dragon isn't tankable) and classes are largely just Better or Worse depending on how many boxes they check so it lacks the replayability of some games in a similar space to make it truly outstanding but that's ok, it was good brainfood for a bit. Thumbs up.

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

explosivo posted:

Had an amazing run last night with an unbeatable team come to a screeching halt against the 3 witches. I appreciate how often I think "This team is unbeatable, how could I possibly lose?" and then immediately get my poo poo kicked in.

the three witches are wild because MOST of the time you get to them and just breeze past them without effort.

and then sometimes they wreck you before you can even get one down and it doesn't feel like it could have ever gone another way

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Tonfa posted:

Was a fun romp going through Hard in the demo and then through Unfair in the retail game. The challenges in the game are pretty linear (enough raw stats to grind out fights, pay the mandatory cleanse tax, get enough boss killing power because dragon isn't tankable) and classes are largely just Better or Worse depending on how many boxes they check so it lacks the replayability of some games in a similar space to make it truly outstanding but that's ok, it was good brainfood for a bit. Thumbs up.

Sounds like it's time for you to try the achievements and cursed mode.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Slice & Dice is one of only two phone games with the dubious honour of being banned in the morning because it'll make me late for work. Good job!

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Very fun game, would love the addition of 10 more levels

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

egg tats posted:

the three witches are wild because MOST of the time you get to them and just breeze past them without effort.

and then sometimes they wreck you before you can even get one down and it doesn't feel like it could have ever gone another way

Yes why don't I just hit this hero with 4 poison in one turn. No you can't kill me in one turn because I'm a boss lady.

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Bjorn you glad I didn't say banana?
#witchboss

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Lowness 72 posted:

Yes why don't I just hit this hero with 4 poison in one turn. No you can't kill me in one turn because I'm a boss lady.

I once had a run with a hero that had the item that increased die sides for each stack of poison you had. And had another hero with Undying. Then I got to add the rampage affix or whatever to the first hero. It was so broken I was trying to figure out how to give another hero a poison attack so I could give the first one more poison.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
I was spoiled on my very first run with a Sorcerer with Eye of Horus.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
When we say "a flush of hero types" this means every hero is the same class right?

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Bjorn you glad I didn't say banana?
That is correct.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
And when we say "a flush of hero types on unfair or harder" we mean "don't even bother", right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Poopy Palpy posted:

And when we say "a flush of hero types on unfair or harder" we mean "don't even bother", right?

Some people have chained unfair wins together in a row. Some of us have done it once, and have since given up. Some of us have never even beaten Hard.