Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

pentyne posted:

It's great for heavy duty kitchen supplies. The pans and skillets are cheap, sturdy as hell, and for home use will probably outlast the person buying them.

This is a good tip, my Kirkland Signature non-sticks I got as a wedding gift 15ish years ago are starting to flake so it’s time for some aluminum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quixzlizx
Jan 7, 2007
So, this isn't strictly a Costco question, but my freezer is constantly full to the point where I barely know what I have in there, so I've wanted to buy a chest freezer for awhile. I was planning on buying the Midea model from Costco that's been recommended here, but by the time I was able to line up someone to help me actually get it home, it was discontinued at the locations in my area. Would something like this be a decent alternative? I've at least heard of Frigidaire.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Frigidaire-5-cu-ft-Chest-Freezer-in-White-FFCS0522AW/313213581

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Quixzlizx posted:

So, this isn't strictly a Costco question, but my freezer is constantly full to the point where I barely know what I have in there, so I've wanted to buy a chest freezer for awhile.

you are a hoarder and need help hth

heffray
Sep 18, 2010

Chinatown posted:

Get a vacuum sealer. My chest freezer is full of Costco uncooked meats and vacuum bags of cooked things. It's really nice to just grab a bag of curry / stew / pulled pork instead of having to cook a slow thing mid-week.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

My chest freezer is only half full and I have no idea what's in there because it all just stacks up and buries everything.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

They make upright freezers now you know

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Instead of a chest freezer to have full of crap when you die get another normal fridge freezer combo and put the shittier of your now-two refrigerators in your garage/basement/pantry/guest bedroom to hold long term freezer stuff and beverages.

Two normal sized freezers with stuff you like but can't get through immediately, one fridge with produce and delicious snacks, and one fridge just full of beer, white wine, rosé, seltzer, coconut water, etc.

It's amazing, and also if you're not as much of a beverage person the second fridge is perfect for cooling things on sheet trays, holding big pans of leftovers or casseroles, and just dumping your Costco stuff into when you get back from the store before you portion everything out. But really it's a beer fridge.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
the halloween wonka candy bag this year no longer includes nerds or sweettarts and stuff. It's like 30% swedish fish, 30% skittles, and 30% haribos, and <10% misc others. sad

also weirdly my costco seems to have stopped carrying bubble gum (of any brand) entirely for the past year.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

bird with big dick posted:

They make upright freezers now you know
Nah I think that's just a trick they play on new church parishioners.

Also

Shameful.
Where's the Deli Mustard, Costco?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Chinatown posted:

bird with a big dick alt account spotted! :catbert:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Chinatown posted:

i know one way to get rid of it

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Soul Dentist posted:

Instead of a chest freezer to have full of crap when you die get another normal fridge freezer combo and put the shittier of your now-two refrigerators in your garage/basement/pantry/guest bedroom to hold long term freezer stuff and beverages.

I've been leaning towards this more and more as time goes on. I already have a beer fridge along with my main fridge, why not ditch the beer fridge, replace my main fridge and put the old one in the basement? That way I can actually have growlers of beer and poo poo on top of not having a chest freezer where poo poo stacks up and I end up having to take everything out every 6 months to figure what the heck is going on (ADHD and chest freezers are not good friends)

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

We just got an upright freezer because we were finding that our kitchen freezer was constantly full and we consistently had extra fridge space. We're still filling it up but it seems less likely to become a black hole than a chest freezer.

Having two fridges is a pretty nice lifestyle upgrade if you're constantly short on fridge space, though. Probably cheaper than an upright freezer as well.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Enos Cabell posted:

Only desk I've seen there is a smallish motorized standing desk, but that's been probably 6 months ago.

I have this desk and I like it. It is small but anything bigger wouldn't fit in my space

Jows
May 8, 2002

Alan Smithee posted:

:wtc:

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Enos Cabell posted:

Sounds good! I'm probably making a run later today if anyone else wants in on that puzzle action.

Just got the package today and it's in perfect shape! I'll post some pictures once I get it done. Gonna go full GBS and wear my Kirkland Signature sweatshirt while I do the puzzle too

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Alan Smithee posted:

living the dream

Marklar
Jul 24, 2003

Ball is Love
Ball is Life

Alan Smithee posted:

Jesus Christ.

Also bought one of the Costco Dowdle puzzles yesterday. Got a hot dog and soda (with free refill) on the way out. PBUC.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

bagmonkey posted:

Just got the package today and it's in perfect shape! I'll post some pictures once I get it done. Gonna go full GBS and wear my Kirkland Signature sweatshirt while I do the puzzle too

Awesome, have fun! I enjoyed that one so much that I picked up one of the Dowdle 3-packs from the Costco website.

Poopelyse
Jan 22, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
My Costco had a big thing of Dowdle puzzles but no Costco one... so disappointing. Also they didn't seem to have vinegar? I've bought big jugs of vinegar there before but looked like they weren't even stocking it. cmon man. unless it's in some weird spot not by the food stuff

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

BeAuMaN posted:

Nah I think that's just a trick they play on new church parishioners.

Also

Shameful.
Where's the Deli Mustard, Costco?

:(

Two regular mustards. It's like they're toying with us.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
That's what mine is doing.

I was forced to use ketchup like a loving savage

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Gettin muh booster covid shot at Costco this week. I could have just gone to rite aid up the street, but hot dog

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Costco. Literally saving lives.

Renegret posted:

That's what mine is doing.

I was forced to use ketchup like a loving savage

That's what I had to do last time. I'm not a fan of regular mustard but with the ketchup on there it's ok. I usually just do deli mustard and onions. The TWO things they don't have.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Focaccia croutons from Costco make awesome soup crackers

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I just got my mailer and they have the 32 Degree Heat long underwear. A 2 pack (top and bottom) for $10.99. It gets cold here in the north so I'm basically wearing them at all times during the winter. I probably have like 6 pairs.

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

My dumbass opinions are only outweighed by my racism.

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.

Quixzlizx posted:

So, this isn't strictly a Costco question, but my freezer is constantly full to the point where I barely know what I have in there, so I've wanted to buy a chest freezer for awhile. I was planning on buying the Midea model from Costco that's been recommended here, but by the time I was able to line up someone to help me actually get it home, it was discontinued at the locations in my area. Would something like this be a decent alternative? I've at least heard of Frigidaire.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Frigidaire-5-cu-ft-Chest-Freezer-in-White-FFCS0522AW/313213581

A chest freezer just compounds the issue.
Get an upright, or have fun digging through year old layers of unknown frozen food.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Should I buy furniture from Costco? Is it good quality and good value like the food? I'm thinking a sofa, bed, and some garden chairs. Despite being a grown up I've never bought good, new furniture before.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I just got my mailer and they have the 32 Degree Heat long underwear. A 2 pack (top and bottom) for $10.99. It gets cold here in the north so I'm basically wearing them at all times during the winter. I probably have like 6 pairs.

No joke I have probably over a dozen pairs of these and wear them as a base layer all winter long. My WFH set up is in the basement so having the extra layer is ace.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Sir Sidney Poitier posted:

Should I buy furniture from Costco? Is it good quality and good value like the food? I'm thinking a sofa, bed, and some garden chairs. Despite being a grown up I've never bought good, new furniture before.

I've bought a power reclining easy chair and a modular couch from Costco, and both were reasonably-priced and high quality so I can highly recommend going that route.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Sir Sidney Poitier posted:

If you can buy it in store and pick it up yourself, yea it can be a good deal. If you order it online they add like $100 plus delivery ontop of the in store price.

I've got a dinning table set, leather recliner and some other stuff from Costco. It seems pretty legit, people are usually surprised when I tell them its from Costco too

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

I'm not really concerned if they add more for delivery, if it's something I want to rely on for many years to come I figure it's worth it if it is of good quality and comes from a company that I (comparatively speaking) trust.

Thanks for the information.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

In my experience Costco furniture is a very good value. It's much better than your Rooms To Go, Ashley, Living Spaces and other lower end furniture retailers. Depends on the price point, but I don't feel you can go wrong with Costco Furniture. If you don't like it, you can return it as well.

I've bought a dining room set, large dresser and nightstands from Costco, and have been very happy with each purchase.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

The 32 degree mesh boxer briefs are just about as good as those exofficio ones for a fraction of the price. It's probably all made by Chinese children but everything 32 degrees makes is fantastic value.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

sexy tiger boobs posted:

The 32 degree mesh boxer briefs are just about as good as those exofficio ones for a fraction of the price. It's probably all made by Chinese children but everything 32 degrees makes is fantastic value.

I've never seen their regular boxer briefs but in cold seasons I wear the 32 degrees long underwear like every single day. They're just the perfect weight/warmth/fit/price.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
The 32 degree boxer briefs are great, and the long underwear was crucial for me yesterday morning when I went golfing in the 45 degree outdoor weather.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
The best part about the long underwear is that you don't roast when you where them somewhere warm. Most of the other long underwear I have start sucking when you spend time indoors, but the 32 Degrees ones seem to strike a great balance

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Soul Dentist posted:

regular fridge/freezers have much more aggressive thaw/defrost cycles and will ruin food fairly quickly. I have stuff where I've kept in the chest freezer for a year and I put it in the upstairs freezer to eat and then forget about it and within 2 months or so the vacuum bags are losing seal or it's visibly freezerburned.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
We bought 100 dollars worth of meat that our friend smoked and vacuum-bagged for us. We split the brisket 50/50, and it is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
What's your friends number I'll travel