Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dk2m
May 6, 2009
The ghost stories that would get posted here in the 2000s/early 2010s were one of the reasons that I joined.

I vaguely remember some posters like a guy named Bruiser maybe and 50 foot ant?

Has anyone ever attempted to archive these within SA or offsite? I'd love to read some of them again but I don't even know how to search for them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

https://nothotbutspicy.com/para/

i think its this one

shelley
Nov 8, 2010
If you have archives, there’s a good rundown of old threads in the OP of this thread from 2014. I am on mobile and quoting from an archived thread is, like, hard, so I can’t really repost the whole list, I’m afraid. :(

If you don’t have archives, not hot but spicy has some good collections. This compilation (hosted on someone’s Dropbox, sorry) is also pretty good.

e:f, b with not hot but spicy :v:

deadeyez
Jan 31, 2015

Fun Shoe
Multiple people have been in a house near me and seen a guy in a yellow coat. Apparently he really creeps people out because people only live there a year at a time. A friend grew up there which is how I first heard about it. His parents were pretty chill about it but they wouldn't allow anyone in the basement and had furniture blocking the entrance. I personally never saw the ghost guy, but I was home alone with him and his girlfriend upstairs once and the door randomly slammed shut so hard it blew papers around and my friend started hyperventilating and we had to help him get outside. It was really weird. The place always looks like poo poo, I can only assume the yellow coat ghost is pissed off that some moron painted it baby puke green.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Did you ever hear the story about the big fat creepy monster that preyed on children?

Just kidding, it wasnt a story it was just a mod

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

For a few years in the mid 90’s I lived in a late 1800’s farm house in extremely rural Idaho.

House has been in the families possession for 50-60 years at that point, as part of the larger farm it sat on with other homes across the road, and different members of the family had lived in it at one point or another.

Some time in the 70’s when the current-at-the-time owners parents lived in the house, they rented out the basement to a local mechanic who had just had a year or two of the absolute shiftiest luck you could imagine.

In a span of 2 years his son died in an auto accident in a nearby canyon, his wife left him over the death of their son because she couldn’t handle their life together anymore, and their daughter just packed up and never came home again.

So dude rented out the basement of this old rear end farmhouse, seemed super quiet, used one of the stalls in the barn to work on cars for the clients he had, kept to himself.

Family leaves for an extended vacation to Utah to visit family. Tells the guy he’s got the run of the place and to feel free to eat all the food in the fridge otherwise it’ll go bad by time they get back.

Family leaves, comes home a month or two later, and the house just smells awful, warm summer months and spoiled food and it just baked with no windows open. Their dog will not go back in the house, just sits outside and whines. So they assume the smell got to him.

Family is cleaning out the kitchen, noticing not even their tenants food has been touched or replenished since they left.

His car wasn’t there so they assumed he was gone, but when they finally got the dog to come inside, he sprinted clean past the basement steps and wouldn’t come back to the mud room where they started. Dog would go upstairs and around the main floor, but wouldn’t cross the room past the basement steps.

Family decided to go check on him as they notice the smell is not getting any better and they knock on the basement door.

No answer.

They try again, still no answer, but they hear his cat make sounds.

Door is unlocked, so the owner leans in to say hello and ask if anyone was there.

Light bulb is shattered so the switch doesn’t work, grabs a flash light and comes back.

Flashes it across the room and finds their tenant dead, sitting on the floor below the light, leaned against the bed. Shot gun in hand.

The ceiling above him was covered in dried blood and peppered with buckshot.

Cat survived by eating his owner and drinking from the laundry sink faucet his owner left running for him.

They never figured out why his car was missing. No one ever said he gave it to them or sold it, so they weren’t convinced he took his life without prompting.

Basement in the 90’s still has all the holes in the ceiling where the buckshot is embedded, still stained from the blood.

Every so often you’ll hear a stool or chair drag across the floor during the summer months, but there’s nothing down there now but a washer and dryer and the sink.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Gary Paulsen died and his ghost is haunting my toilet

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Ghost stories for the ghost thread!

When I was younger, I shared a bed with my sister. She was godawful- if I moved she'd wake up and yell at me, but she'd also wallow me off the drat bed. I had terrible insomnia to top it all off, but space was limited and I was the youngest, so that's how it went.

One night I was lying there, wide awake as usual, and I notice this sound. It sounds like a ball rolling back and forth, from one side of the ceiling to the other. I spend a while going through what it could be and was coming up pretty empty. It was a one story house and there was nothing above us, not even a tree. It wasn't an animal because it was clearly rolling, and it couldn't be something rolling off the roof because it was traveling right to left, back and forth. I want to see if my sister hears it, but I also figure that as soon as I wake her it would stop and she'd be insanely pissed. So I wait.

After solid minutes of this poo poo, I finally give up and whisper to her. She wakes up and I ask her if she hears that. It was still going. No sooner did she confirm she could hear it than the loving thing stops over the bed, beats down the wall and lifts the loving headboard.

She dead rear end jumps out of bed and takes off out of the room, leaving me to trail behind in bewilderment. She finds our older brother on the computer in the living room and frantically tells him the house is haunted. I don't think he even glanced back at us.

"Probably."

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer
Supposedly a store nearby was a grocer a long time ago, and employed a guy with a mental handicap. He died on site(not sure how, but given the 60's/70's it's written as "accident" and left at that) and the grocer closed down. Store property was bought up by a bookstore, and one particular section had an issue with books not staying on shelves, being stocked spine-in and pages-out, small oddities like that. That bookstore left the location, and I've heard nothing about any incidents since then.

Sorry, covid preventing outings ruins investigations :shrug:

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
We have a ghost cat!

At least once a week, something will jump on the bed with us. Feels like one of our real cats jumping up. But it's not.

My partner and I both noticed it independently and mentioned it to each other, but since we're both fans of hallucinogens we didn't think anything of it. Then it happened when we were in bed together, both awake and reading and not moving.

Ghost Cat is nice so I'm not complaining!

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset

I've read some of these multiple times and it still scares me. Like, some of these stories live rent free in my head like the guy who went into that abandoned house with his girlfriend and he was never quite sure afterwards if the left with the right girl??

And the teen who found the clownshoes in his basement.

Ughhhh this poo poo fucks me up worse than most movies or other stories and I don't know why

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

We have a ghost cat!

At least once a week, something will jump on the bed with us. Feels like one of our real cats jumping up. But it's not.

My partner and I both noticed it independently and mentioned it to each other, but since we're both fans of hallucinogens we didn't think anything of it. Then it happened when we were in bed together, both awake and reading and not moving.

Ghost Cat is nice so I'm not complaining!

We have the same thing. My kid mentioned that exact same sensation multiple times over the course of a few weeks. I would have thought nothing of it, just the figment of a half-awake brain. Except not long after I was walking through the apartment late one night and as I went down a half-lit hallway to turn the light on, I saw the shape of a cat in the dim light and stepped around it. Turning on the light revealed that there was in fact no cat in that hall and when I went to check on the actual cats they were passed the gently caress out on a bed upstairs.

Sadly it doesn’t seem to have moved to the new place despite an explicit invitation.

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020
I've never experienced any paranormal stuff. Ghosts are afraid of me. :cool:

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
If you've never met any ghosts, you are the ghost hth

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

PantsOptional posted:

We have the same thing. My kid mentioned that exact same sensation multiple times over the course of a few weeks. I would have thought nothing of it, just the figment of a half-awake brain. Except not long after I was walking through the apartment late one night and as I went down a half-lit hallway to turn the light on, I saw the shape of a cat in the dim light and stepped around it. Turning on the light revealed that there was in fact no cat in that hall and when I went to check on the actual cats they were passed the gently caress out on a bed upstairs.

Sadly it doesn’t seem to have moved to the new place despite an explicit invitation.

High-five, ghost cat buddy! I hope you get re-haunted soon! :3:

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I used to work in downtown Pittsburgh in a building that had first opened in 1914.

One evening I got stuck working late, so there were very few people in the building and, most importantly, nobody at the front security desk. The lobby has 2 revolving doors made of glass and 2 sets of regular doors that are also made of glass, so you get a really good view of the street from the lobby. As I walk past the security desk I see a kid outside wearing a little sailor suit. I start watching because I figure this kid is filming a commercial or I'm going to see some really bizarre parade go by or something. The kid turns and walks into the revolving door but never comes out. I get this really bizarre feeling of being out of my body and just stand there staring at the door for a minute or two. Nothing happens, I eventually lose that weird feeling and go out one of the regular doors onto the street.

Nobody was around at the time so I couldn't verify what I saw. And, admittedly, I was pretty pissed off and tried from working late. But I really wonder what I saw, especially since I got that weird feeling as well.

I told some coworkers about it and 2 of them told me about their ghost story. They used to work customer service from 6 pm to 2 am, and they were the only people in the whole building once it hit about 9 or 10 pm. As they're working they hear a massive amount of noise from the floor above, like people are stomping around and dragging furniture. They're both convinced it's the cleaning crew or possibly movers, but the sound just does not stop and starts sounding like things are getting knocked over. They both take the elevator up a floor and find nothing at all and the floor seems perfectly fine, nothing out of place. Cleaning crew comes in later, they ask the crew if anyone was upstairs, and nobody was.

I do not believe in ghosts but I really wonder what these two things were.

BastardAus
Jun 3, 2003
Chunder from Down Under
Here's a fresh one, cuz it happened to me today.
I have a second bedroom in my 2 bed unit converted into an office, has been since the pandemic struck and we all had to go home in March 2020.
The door to this bedroom is none too easy to close, it has something happening with the hinges that make it hard to push shut and when you do, the door handle doesn't latch shut unless you push from the inside with all your weight. 'Snap'. You can hear it latch.
It was pretty windy today, moreso than usual, but nothing crazy or memorable for late Spring. The door was creaking because it hardly moves but it creaks in the wind.
I pushed it shut to shut it up, then I went back to work for an hour or two. When I opened it to get some lunch it almost sprang back, as expected. bearing mind the window in this office has been open the whole time, it is windy but again, nothing to write home about. Getting ready in the kitchen to leave for some lunch, I hear a LOUD, physically forceful BANG.
Thinking this could only be the front door to my flat, which does enjoy doing this all the time if I forget to latch it, I look at the front door, shut as I guessed. Then round the corner to the bedroom where my office is. That door is shut tight. It must have slammed shut with the wind, but how? Its a bitch to shut with me behind it.
I return from lunch and get set up in the office, when again this time when I'm in there the door rips shut – BANG – and is latched shut, as if I have pushed heavily on it.
But it did it with just some wind from an open window.
WTAF?

BastardAus fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Oct 19, 2021

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Someone or something drank my rum, poo poo in my bed, knocked me out and put me on the bed on top of the poo poo

BastardAus
Jun 3, 2003
Chunder from Down Under

Icochet posted:

Someone or something drank my rum, poo poo in my bed, knocked me out and put me on the bed on top of the poo poo

SPOOKY!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

One time a ghost came out of my wall and I screamed in fear and the ghost said "Have u heard of HerbaLife"