Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
so, I’m a fat lady. and that’s like, whatever. But hello other people similar to myself let’s chat about being fat??

Like for instance I actually prefer being referred to as fat instead of the weird “curvy” or “thicc”. To me, fat merely a descriptive word, negative intentions come from others, like I’m a natural brunette, that shouldn’t come with baggage (does it?).

Unpopular fat lady opinion: I loathe the term “voluptuous”. It sounds like something that comes out of a xenomorph.

I’m down to talk about exercise as well! Last year I managed to make it to running way more than I ever did and it loving ruled, though I stopped as i kept seeing the gym not really be too keen on cleaning so much. Considering in investing in a used treadmill because while I loving hate working out, I love the feeling of accomplishment I get from running. I never had it in gym class as a kid, but maybe I hated working out with others?

Right now I just do HIIT and yoga 4x a week in the morning to wake myself up and move. My goal is to be moving around, I started these weird dance videos on Lane Bryant’s YouTube page and turns out I cannot dance to save my life but it’s fun? I am down for any recommendations on cool exercise videos to try out.

Eating disorder chat: getting help for my eating disorder finally gave me a sense of “wait I can exercise and move my body regardless of size. you deserve to treat your body right”. Going through therapy to work on my dum dum brain during the pandemic was somehow the wisest choice of my life. I’m not “healed”, never will be, my ED and insane body issues might be with me all my life - but now I have some tools to handle it.

Clothing, my word. I have a particular “aesthetic” and for some reason companies think “yeah so we can give you rockabilly or hideous tarp”. Especially in Sweden, oversized clothing is big (heh) here, across all sizes, I don’t want to hide my body under fabric that only accentuates a tent shape. I don’t feel confident in it. I feel like a strong breeze would send me flying.

Some companies are getting better, but not really. UK/US retailers are lightyears ahead of the EU, and so many places are “fatties online only we want your money but not your presence” which always feels disingenuous as hell (though I mean it’s capitalism so that’s the point). Thankfully I know how to modify a lot of clothing.

So y’all got any poo poo to share? Cool IG follows? Thoughts on ugly plus size clothing? Horrifying stories about creepy chasers (death be upon them)? Places for me to get non matronly lingerie please god PLEASE?

Note: “teen witch this looks like a serious thread??? :mods: ?” It is, serious as the heart attack I’ll get any day now when I go to a doctor for like, stitches or something. “Why, I want to make fun of fatties??” Cool do that anywhere else on the forum, not here.

On HAES: still a controversial subject and frankly, let’s…avoid it for the most part. Talking about working out? Hell yeah. Weird bad faith squabblefests? God please no. I will summon a sixer. I know that it is goon tradition but oh my god I want to be fat and talk about cool yoga poses and rear end defining jeans, go away.

Weight loss chat: be wise about this! Some people are just living life on this accursed marble. I don’t want diet promotion here because frankly, there are much better places on this dead gay forum to do it! And some of them are loving sensible and have a good support structure! This is a thread about where your bod-od-od-ody is now, at whatever degree of “fat” it is, how you’re living and what not.

(if it’s like in context of a post nbd, duh that makes sense, but if it’s trying to spam “do keto” a thousand times over choke on semi cooked penne)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
any gender welcome!!!!! I just chose the title because I want a skeevy iron on shirt that says it. I will also accept “yes? fat chicks” or “yes fat! Chicks???”

fat shitposting is allowed but like, punch them chubby fists to yourself or up. clap cheeks if you gotta

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I'm not fat or a lady, but I think fat ladies are cool.

I wonder what the Bible has to say about it???

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

teen witch posted:

Thoughts on ugly plus size clothing? Horrifying stories about creepy chasers (death be upon them)? Places for me to get non matronly lingerie please god PLEASE?

Is this where I finally get to say that I think "Dress Barn" is an incredibly inappropriate store name?

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Tail of newt and eye of Beth
Lose some weight by smoking meth.

epic 2012 username
Mar 26, 2021

by Hand Knit
Sipping an island drink!

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Fartington Butts posted:

Is this where I finally get to say that I think it's hella weird that "Dress Barn" is an incredibly inappropriate store name?

Oh god I thought I was the only one. It just sounds like I’m sticking my head in a trough for some poorly proportioned blazers. SUUUWEEE Y’ALL GITCHA PINSTRIPED PANTS THAT MAKE YOUR CROTCH STANK

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

My wife’s still pissed they went out of business. They had good plus size and good clearance deals.

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
Its gross and i fat shame myself to stay in shape

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsnuSV1S2TA

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Szyznyk posted:

My wife’s still pissed they went out of business. They had good plus size and good clearance deals.

I’m so persnickety over the name but I do have a purple blazer from them that actually fits decently (…somewhere. Probably at my mom’s)

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Fashion Bug Plus

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Also today: the birthday of a dear idol of mine. Harris Glenn Milstead, better known as Divine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUIt0CTY0Z4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfirqQJC3I0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQwPES50N0s

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Chubbier-than-I-want-to-be human poster here

I have been and been with very skinny and rather larger persons, so I feel I can contribute

I would like to point and laugh at the idea of making a clothing pattern and then just multiplying it up and down as though the proportional changes are .... proportional.

This is like a music keyboard sampling one real note and bending the fucker all the way to the other end of the scale. No.

I have a bit of a belly but my shoulder seems don't need to reach my elbows, thanks

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

The Bloop posted:

Chubbier-than-I-want-to-be human poster here

I have been and been with very skinny and rather larger persons, so I feel I can contribute

I would like to point and laugh at the idea of making a clothing pattern and then just multiplying it up and down as though the proportional changes are .... proportional.

This is like a music keyboard sampling one real note and bending the fucker all the way to the other end of the scale. No.

I have a bit of a belly but my shoulder seems don't need to reach my elbows, thanks

You can just name H&M directly here it’s fine.

Seriously, I don’t understand how they don’t get that I might have boobs as a fatty. Like, ok you made it so my arms can fit but my boobs???? And lol let’s not even start with butts. Somehow hips they get, big person big hips, but somehow also a concave rear end.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
My last girlfriend was quite fat but tbh she ruled. That's my review of fat chicks I guess.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Double post but it’s fine: dudes of all masculinities how is plus size (whatever that may be) work on your end? Is it just a madlibs of proportions?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Concave Assed Fatty is a decent username

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

teen witch posted:

Double post but it’s fine: dudes of all masculinities how is plus size (whatever that may be) work on your end? Is it just a madlibs of proportions?

Big and Tall

If you are a fat belly man you get sleeves to the floor

There is no Big and Short section

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

The Bloop posted:

Big and Tall

If you are a fat belly man you get sleeves to the floor

There is no Big and Short section

Wait is like petite sizing not a thing for y’all? Is this some weird toxic masculinity thing about height

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
As someone who (as an adult) has been between size 10 and size 18, I have learned that once you go above size 12, clothing manufacturers basically assume that you are shaped like Santa Claus no matter what. It is extremely obnoxious. There is nothing wrong with being shaped like Santa Claus, but it's like every clothing manufacturer is just holding up a middle finger to every pear-shaped person on earth.

Also, gently caress people who make "giant fatty greasy meal + diet Coke" jokes. I like diet Coke, god drat it. Also also, here is a funny story about being fat -- it's rooted in "fat = ugly" and "fat = bad" assumptions, but it's still a funny story, I promise.

I was at a concert talking to my friend about...something, I don't remember. Somehow the subject of my fatness came up -- I just said something quick in passing about "my fat rear end" or something like that. My (male, if it makes any difference) friend was like, "whoa whoa whoa, you are NOT fat". So I immediately was like :chloe: and explained that I was right around 100kg & I wear size 18 jeans and I'm fat and that just is what it is. He said something like "when's the last time you even weighed yourself?" and I told him "about three weeks ago". He said that he could lift 95kg and he was 100% sure that he could lift me, so I welcomed him to try. When he failed miserably, he then insisted that I did that thing where children go completely limp to make themselves more difficult to lift. Maybe it would have been funnier if he got a hernia, but it's funny anyway, imho.

teen witch posted:

Eating disorder chat: getting help for my eating disorder finally gave me a sense of “wait I can exercise and move my body regardless of size. you deserve to treat your body right”. Going through therapy to work on my dum dum brain during the pandemic was somehow the wisest choice of my life. I’m not “healed”, never will be, my ED and insane body issues might be with me all my life - but now I have some tools to handle it.

Eating disorder chat: A few things:
1) being complimented on my skinnier body that I got by eating one chicken breast, microwaved frozen veggies, and 1/4 cup of rice a day & walking four miles a day every day hosed with my head
2) people don't realize that people can have anorexia/bulimia without being skinny
3) the idea that all fat people are overeaters because we were molested is growing weirdly common, and I hate it

quote:

Horrifying stories about creepy chasers (death be upon them)?

To be really super honest, I feel like I might be in the limbo between "too fat for guys who prefer medium/petite women" but "too thin for BBW fetishists". If you're really super curious about what this could possibly mean, I've posted in the selfie thread a couple of times.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

teen witch posted:

Wait is like petite sizing not a thing for y’all? Is this some weird toxic masculinity thing about height

What? You mean like extra sizes within the small height range? Nah, it's just like s, m, l x-20xl

Nothing so fancy. Except for dress shirts where you can get fitted.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

On your ED thing lol same. It’s why I spent decades never getting help. Skinny white girls can have an ED and NO ONE ELSE, EVER!!!!!!! apparently the vast majority of those who do have them aren’t skinny white girls but look 50+ years of lip service pop culture can never be wrong.

Also good god dudes like to lift me to prove I’m not fat? it’s bizarre and like only y’all are making it loving weird, I’m fine. It’s one thing I’ve learned about dealing with my body: people have weird issues when you decide to be even the vaguest bit comfortable and they JUST WANNA BE HELPFUL!!!!

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

teen witch posted:

My weight fluctuates rapidly because I'm either eating nothing at all or entirely too much for years at a time, and let me tell you the biggest daily struggle was deciding whether I wanted to wear a shirt that fit my upper body but rode up my gut and exposed my fupa or a shirt that was entirely too big in the neck/sleeves.

I have never found a comfortable middleground. Fat guy shirts are just bigger versions of normal shirts.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

kntfkr posted:

What? You mean like extra sizes within the small height range? Nah, it's just like s, m, l x-20xl

Nothing so fancy. Except for dress shirts where you can get fitted.

As someone who has seen more xxs in stores than xxl, what the hell. There are teeny dudes let ‘em wear dece fitting clothing they will pay you!!!!!

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

teen witch posted:

My butt and thighs get bigger and so does my chest but my waist stays weirdly small proportionally. I've got like a hosed up tiny waist tho.

This means there are no clothes that fit me, between the muscle and the beef in my rear end I wear stuff thats tight up top but baggy around my midsection, or tight around the legs but loose around my waist. It blows.

On the other hand, I look insanely good in tight fitting things even when I'm in chub mode so I either do that or just give up and have a wardrobe of 90% sleeveless loose shirts that I wear in the winter as well.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

PinheadSlim posted:

My weight fluctuates rapidly because I'm either eating nothing at all or entirely too much for years at a time, and let me tell you the biggest daily struggle was deciding whether I wanted to wear a shirt that fit my upper body but rode up my gut and exposed my fupa or a shirt that was entirely too big in the neck/sleeves.

I have never found a comfortable middleground. Fat guy shirts are just bigger versions of normal shirts.

Embrace the crop top, I did, got tattoos on my tummy and it owns bones (except in winter but I’m stubborn as hell)

Real talk though I didn’t know that dude plus size is all sorts of cocked up! that explains a lot, but it still isn’t ok, y’all deserve to have nice clothing that fits!

rain dogs
Apr 19, 2020

Last weekend I went on my first date since my divorce. She's pretty fat and has a big butt and I hope she lets me touch it real soon.

Tldr: yes fat chicks (but only if they let me touch their butt)

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

rain dogs posted:

Last weekend I went on my first date since my divorce. She's pretty fat and has a big butt and I hope she lets me touch it real soon.

Tldr: yes fat chicks (but only if they let me touch their butt)

Ok, vaguely nsfw so I’ll spoil it: when it comes to being with dick-bearers of any gender, rear end dudes are way better and more confident in bed being with me than boob dudes. Like, they don’t act like a weird teen seeing their first genital. Goonspeed.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

teen witch posted:

On your ED thing lol same. It’s why I spent decades never getting help. Skinny white girls can have an ED and NO ONE ELSE, EVER!!!!!!! apparently the vast majority of those who do have them aren’t skinny white girls but look 50+ years of lip service pop culture can never be wrong.

Yeah, I think Karen Carpenter became sort of the face of ED, which is ridiculous because 1) anorexia is not the only ED, and 2) I'm pretty sure there have been public figures since her who have experienced ED. I can't think of any though, so I could be wrong.

I have an ex-coworker acquaintance who always prided herself on being naturally skinny (she was around 45kg at my height), and then she posted on Instagram about being happy to have gained weight after quitting coke. "Naturally skinny" is like a badge of honor in thin-centric societies.

quote:

Also good god dudes like to lift me to prove I’m not fat? it’s bizarre and like only y’all are making it loving weird, I’m fine. It’s one thing I’ve learned about dealing with my body: people have weird issues when you decide to be even the vaguest bit comfortable and they JUST WANNA BE HELPFUL!!!!

Dudes are literally never not surprised by how much I weigh. Maybe I have really dense bones or something?

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

My butt and thighs get bigger and so does my chest but my waist stays weirdly small proportionally. I've got like a hosed up tiny waist tho.

Yeah, when I lost a bunch of weight, I went from something like 38-34-50 to 34-28-48. My hips/rear end are determined to stay. :colbert:

edit:

teen witch posted:

Ok, vaguely nsfw so I’ll spoil it: when it comes to being with dick-bearers of any gender, rear end dudes are way better and more confident in bed being with me than boob dudes. Like, they don’t act like a weird teen seeing their first genital. Goonspeed.

I hosed a tit guy and he was just so awful. All he did was smack my tits around, which hurt after a while, and lie on his back while I rode him.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

teen witch posted:

As someone who has seen more xxs in stores than xxl, what the hell. There are teeny dudes let ‘em wear dece fitting clothing they will pay you!!!!!

It's also so dumb that persons of all genders and shapes are described with such a tiny number of size options.

Men's Pants, two numbers, ok, not terrible but sometimes the waist to crotch area is too short and tight.
Dress shirts, neck size only? Maybe sleeve length as well. Nothing about how big around your chest is, let alone any gut that may exist. I guess everything is proportional for everyone, right?

Womens clothes are even stupider. A single number. Ok. 14. lmao at thinking that describes even a slim majority of people. So dumb.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I think that whatever they’re shape chicks look better plump. Like yeah you should always eat that desert or get extra mashed potatoes or whatever. :shrug:

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

"you get fat, lady. you get fat. that's what you do."

-coach mcguirk, aged 30-something, about himself

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

I think that whatever they’re shape chicks look better plump. Like yeah you should always eat that desert or get extra mashed potatoes or whatever. :shrug:

Stalizard
Aug 11, 2006

Have I got a headache!
I went down a couple notches on my belt but also old jackets are a little small. am I losing weight or just waist training? I'll never know!

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Well consider having a design that you have to make in different sizes/proportions that you have to bring into the country and want to sell to the most of amount of people possible. What ratio do you order the sizes in? How do you proportion each of the garments?

It's tricky and I don't understand it.

My wife was 5'0" with huge boobs and xsp Really hard to shop for (dresses). And then we had our first kid, became a chubby medium and then got pregnant with second and she's still hard to shop for cuz sleeves all go past her little fingers.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
All shapes, sizes, and colors are good. Variety is fun.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Can anyone here tell me about Spanx? I've been refusing to use them kind of as an act of pro-fat rebellion, but I'm still curious.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Catherine's was a plus size store at least in the PNW which seems to have gone out of business, I remember they were popular when I was younger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

YeahTubaMike posted:

Can anyone here tell me about Spanx? I've been refusing to use them kind of as an act of pro-fat rebellion, but I'm still curious.

I wore them over for Halloween to make my figure look more hourglassy and they feel like wretched poo poo