Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It was so bad that he's already predicted razzies for worst screenplay, worst performance by a bald wig and least likeable male protagonist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It was so bad that the Hallmark channel called it "a bit over melodramatic".

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It was so bad that Neil Breen called it "a distasteful exercise in ego-stroking narcissism".

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003

readingatwork posted:

Blind Alley

https://kumerish.com/blind-alley

Well that's certainly a mood.

I guess it's a bad thing that this comic just makes me want to go :same:

Vintage Valiant (Oct. 26, 1947)

This whole scene has been pretty awkward (the "mace" is plot relevant and pretty uncomfortable IMO, more on that later), but I don't mind Val tricking the Indians with "magic" too much since he's done the same sort of thing successfully to people back in Europe too. Inadvertently burning down half the town and not caring doesn't exactly make Val look like a good guy here though.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

"Disgustingly shameless award bait and "for your consideration, give me better roles" as a small self-made film" says RogerEbert.com

"The entire film feels like the lead-in scene to an adult film about how women are still women regardless of circumstances but the only people getting screwed in the theater are the audience" raves Peter Travers of Rolling Stone.

"Maudlin and forgettable" says Ignatiy Vishnevetsky of The AV Club.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
All those months of build-up with the tortured hand wringing about allowing the film, the loving awful on-set scenes, the pathetic cameo nonsense, the lust for fake cancerwife while notlisawife was in the room, the talk of how pleased they were with the results and how hopeful they were for its release... Then he tossed it all away and the film release and bomb is handled entirely off screen. The other characters apparently not even bothering to pay attention to how the film has done.

All the real-time drama as they see the critical response, the takings returns, the immediate questions of "what does this mean for me as a writer/producer/actor". All the interpersonal drama there to mine for story.

It's a masterclass in avoiding the interesting plot.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Giant Ethicist posted:

Uramachi Sakaba

:swoon: (but also this is a pretty rough thing to do to a person when they're leaving, let alone a coworker)

quote:

Chako

:success:?

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.
Steeple: Clotted Crime Part 2 – Two Backs

John Allison's Patreon John Allison's Gumroad Site
Steeple Website

John Allison posted:

Good old Jason. Poor, tragic, good old Jason.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Strontium posted:

Take It From the Tinkersons

I love this stupid comic so much

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Sorry.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

EasyEW posted:

Crankshaft

Thoughts and prayers.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
The Far Side

Pickles

Zits

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Docks

Retail

Popcom

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

gently caress that noise. No job is worth that harassment.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

goatface posted:

It was so bad that Neil Breen called it "a distasteful exercise in ego-stroking narcissism".
:lol:

F Minus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

Oh my god shut up.

The Phantom

Mozz fell asleep.

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Clifford the Big Sled Dog.

Apartment 3-G

Edit: Oh, here's the My Dad Is Dracula news:

https://twitter.com/mydadisdracula/status/1450470317198041096

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
This comic paid for by Nestle™.

2018 Spiderman

1979 comics
A hair more clever than I was expecting.

Locher Tracy

Origins of the Sunday Comics

Footrot Flats

The Lockhorns

Mandrake

Johnny Hazard

90s Overboard

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Haifisch posted:

1979 comics

Say he gets away with it -- what's the plan now? The rare stamp (its condition and value now degraded) is at least three floors up on the outside of a building. Is he going to rent a cherry-picker?

Bizarro

The Family Circus

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Haifisch posted:

What a way to find out I’ve been using stamps wrong my whole life.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Darthemed posted:

If there isn't a stamp on your building the post office won't deliver to it. That's just common sense.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Darthemed posted:

Before stamps were peel-and-stick, they were lick-and-stick.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

goatface posted:

All those months of build-up with the tortured hand wringing about allowing the film, the loving awful on-set scenes, the pathetic cameo nonsense, the lust for fake cancerwife while notlisawife was in the room, the talk of how pleased they were with the results and how hopeful they were for its release... Then he tossed it all away and the film release and bomb is handled entirely off screen. The other characters apparently not even bothering to pay attention to how the film has done.

All the real-time drama as they see the critical response, the takings returns, the immediate questions of "what does this mean for me as a writer/producer/actor". All the interpersonal drama there to mine for story.

It's a masterclass in avoiding the interesting plot.

The real drama was in giving Les Moore a chance to roll around in a big ol' pile of sanctimony about how his Great Art is so much better than crass Hollywood productions, and let him demonstrate once again the purity of his grief for his dead cancerwife.

As far as TomBat was concerned, the story was done as soon as the actress playing Lisa thanked Les, because his beautiful words and compelling manpain convinced her to get a mammogram, thereby saving her life. :rolleyes::fh:

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

I figured he didn't want to show the movie tanking because he knew it would make us too happy

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Surgeon's Tales

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Nice edit, now post the real Dustin. :rolleyes:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Murdstone posted:

Mary Worth

Oh my god shut up.

lol wilbur

MyronMulch
Nov 12, 2006

Julet Esqu posted:

Ah, Greg remembered Luann has a job. (Does he remember that Luann also has another job? Who knows?)

Didn't Tara move away or some poo poo? I'm sure as hell not going back to check.

"After school"?? Yeah, I guess Luann is in the 13th grade.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

davidspackage posted:

Nice edit, now post the real Dustin. :rolleyes:

Dustin's just preparing to suplex his dad.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

MyronMulch posted:

"After school"?? Yeah, I guess Luann is in the 13th grade.

I think she means after their school lets out, since she is apparently at a public elementary school but works for a private company

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

No

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Dustin has learned to appease his dad when he's in a foul mood in order to avoid his wrath. :smith:

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

readingatwork posted:

Blind Alley

https://kumerish.com/blind-alley

Well that's certainly a mood.

Gee, these cynical kids sure hate their lives. But enough about Nancy, time to look at Blind Alley

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
It took too long to get there but that's a great payoff from Johnny Hazard. :allears:

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Powered Descent posted:

Haifisch posted:

1979 comics

Say he gets away with it -- what's the plan now? The rare stamp (its condition and value now degraded) is at least three floors up on the outside of a building. Is he going to rent a cherry-picker?

Since the building has an address, and a stamp now, he will pull up with a NASA Crawler Transporter cleverly disguised as a mail truck, and take the entire building.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Murdstone posted:

:lol:

Mary Worth

Oh my god shut up.

Yeah, seriously, I bet Carol's hand is just itching to slap Wilbur in his fat face

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
When is Mary just going to solve the "Wilbur" problem permanently?

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
this wilbur story is so bizarre because we're clearly supposed to think he's being a creep, or at least a bad date, but we've also been shown just how jealous and upset his ex is at him on a date and presumably will go to get him back. i simply can't believe that someone would write dialogue for a week straight where someone is just repeatedly comparing someone to their ex on a date and expect the reader to think anything other than "this guy is being weird".

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Hand in unlovable hand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

I don't think she was really shown as 'jealous' though. It was more like, "You yelled at my cat, I said we should take a break, you threw a fit about how I was choosing a dumb animal over you, and now two days later you're out on the town with a new woman and a dog? What the gently caress." It has read to me since the beginning as Wilbur being completely awful, and doing absolutely nothing to actually change or think about what he did despite Estelle's prior willingness to give him another chance.

I see her as reassessing and realizing that actually Wilbur sucks and doesn't even miss her, raising the question of how much he ever really cared about her (she is unaware that he will not shut up about her on his date lmao). I don't think anyone who draws a cat with that much affection is going to write a story where the guy who keeps implying he wants to murder pets is in the right.