Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PIZZA.BAT)

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
toadette is best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ADINSX posted:

That’s cool

:coolfish:

Ocean of Milk
Jun 25, 2018

oh yeah
Boo for cropping put the action to the left :colbert:

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Ocean of Milk posted:

tim burton remembers

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Ocean of Milk posted:

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
BARONS HOSTILE WORK ENVIRONMENT

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i sentence you to 5 years in train jail

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Densha de Go! to bed

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender

How to work from home and still have a commute

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Ocean of Milk posted:

my Fashion Souls character headed down the Catacombs

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9shZslfbaS0

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

:haw:

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efgIm9YPZvE

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

I am not kidding you today a guy at work said he knows someone that organises his family using agile, like he gets his 5 year old to write user stories and tracks them in a kanban board.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Look it's not the worst idea considering that kids have to start college shopping at age 6.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
how to write a CV for your toddler

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
you literally have to write heartfelt letters about how it's sooooo important to your family and little kaylee that they get into First Steps Daycare now so

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

i want to say this is self aware but deep down i know the higher ups that greenlit this ad believed in it 100%

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

people said id have to write a big letter about how we nEeD the house to be happy and fulfill our dreams and stuff, but i didn't :toot:

i think a lot of that is overblown. like, you don't have to go to stanford or harvard or princeton to be successful. gently caress that, state schools own

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

I am not kidding you today a guy at work said he knows someone that organises his family using agile, like he gets his 5 year old to write user stories and tracks them in a kanban board.

this should be enough to call cps

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jonny 290 posted:

you literally have to write heartfelt letters about how it's sooooo important to your family and little kaylee that they get into First Steps Daycare now so

showing 7 years of experience

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Achmed Jones posted:

people said id have to write a big letter about how we nEeD the house to be happy and fulfill our dreams and stuff, but i didn't :toot:

i think a lot of that is overblown. like, you don't have to go to stanford or harvard or princeton to be successful. gently caress that, state schools own

hey i watched suits, and they only hire people from harvard

yale? night as we’ll be jail

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
my gfs son has been struggling at his high school for social reasons and she’s like “unless we go private, there’s no where else to send him”

while i’m sitting there, my son is going to the public high school in the area, which according to her conversation simply isn’t an option

:qq: oh well at least my son will be going to school with girls

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

i see atlassian is about as good at making comedy as they are at making software

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Jonny 290 posted:

is it seriously that bad if they don't though?

like if they go to miss rosa's next to the salvadoran church instead of baby stanford academy, is that actually going to gently caress them up for life? really?

every time someone posts about how you have to start looking for day care a year before you get pregnant and oh boy prepare to spend 3x your rent on it, i just get this bad feeling that maybe there are some assumptions being made that nobody's talking about.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Sagebrush posted:

like if they go to miss rosa's next to the salvadoran church instead of baby stanford academy, is that actually going to gently caress them up for life? really?

every time someone posts about how you have to start looking for day care a year before you get pregnant and oh boy prepare to spend 3x your rent on it, i just get this bad feeling that maybe there are some assumptions being made that nobody's talking about.
people try to do as well as they can for their kids you weirdo

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Sagebrush posted:

does one HAVE to? no

do the people that want to go to baby stanford believe, in the deepest cockles of their heart, that they will be ostracized and talked about if they don't? yes.

i'm not trying to justify it, i'm saying helicopter parents have amplified 10x and that's part of it now

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?

Sagebrush posted:

I don't have personal experience with thus search yet, but there is legitimately a crunch for childcare workers and it's limiting daycare spaces across the spectrum. Childcare in America is absolutely hosed. It's part of why Biden has focused on universal pre-k as part of his agenda.

You're spot on about a lot of people's attitudes towards school and education in general, but the pre-k childcare situation is legitimately dire.

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

When we were buying our house, my boss looked at the zillow listing and saw the school ratings, and the middle school was like a C or something. He legit said to me "well, it seems like a nice neighborhood... and maybe by the time your kid's in middle school you can figure something else out!" lmfao my wife went to one of the worst ranked high schools in Ohio and is a successful PhD working in industry now, gently caress right off

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i went to a high school that, in the mid 90s, was still posting framed pictures of them being #17 in the january 1992 "100 best high schools in america" article. Anyways our star football player went down for murdering his entire family

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

lmao that's basically a bootstraps argument

e; was responding to shoeberto

like, you don't have to feel bad about it but "my wife did a horatio alger" is maybe not the best basis on which to infer "therefore it is easy to do"

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

shoeberto posted:

When we were buying our house, my boss looked at the zillow listing and saw the school ratings, and the middle school was like a C or something. He legit said to me "well, it seems like a nice neighborhood... and maybe by the time your kid's in middle school you can figure something else out!" lmfao my wife went to one of the worst ranked high schools in Ohio and is a successful PhD working in industry now, gently caress right off

I'll never own a house and one day I'll mouth off at the wrong person and get stabbed buying a loaf of bread

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Jonny 290 posted:

in the mid 90s, was still posting framed pictures of them being #17 in the january 1992 "100 best high schools in america" article.

so 3 years later? this seems pretty normal to me. typo maybe?

hosed up about that dude killin his family tho

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
more towards 97 and they were a racist high school that put all the black students in a non college prep program

that was the HS where the top two nerds got strategic about it and one of them took band one year (which was graded on a 4 out of 4 point scale, GPA-wise) but the other kid took a study hall, because it was a 0 out of 0 period. Since they were all deep in the AP/college prep classes that ran on a 5 point scale, the kid that did less got 0.01 higher GPA at the end of 3 years than the one who did more and played in band for a year

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

oh gently caress i just remembered korean spicy squid stir fry. every cheap korean spot outside of korean communities tends to have it - i assume it's a sysco thing or w/e but it owns so hard

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

Achmed Jones posted:

lmao that's basically a bootstraps argument

e; was responding to shoeberto

like, you don't have to feel bad about it but "my wife did a horatio alger" is maybe not the best basis on which to infer "therefore it is easy to do"

I wasn't implying it's easy to do, just that it's an rear end in a top hat thing for my boss to imply that a C-rated public school is something to be avoided. It's not the end-all be-all in life.

The attitude of people assuming they need to move hell and high water to get their kids into the absolute best of the best absolutely drives me insane. It's entitled and elitist and most people in their lives will never have an opportunity to have that sort of choice. It's offensive to me to suggest that my kid's path in life is somehow going to be impeded by it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Jonny 290 posted:

more towards 97 and they were a racist high school that put all the black students in a non college prep program

that was the HS where the top two nerds got strategic about it and one of them took band one year (which was graded on a 4 out of 4 point scale, GPA-wise) but the other kid took a study hall, because it was a 0 out of 0 period. Since they were all deep in the AP/college prep classes that ran on a 5 point scale, the kid that did less got 0.01 higher GPA at the end of 3 years than the one who did more and played in band for a year

what are all these tests and gpa

I smoked a huge joint before my grade 10 exam and went to the gym and was hosed up surrounded by so many people so I just did the test and left. don't remember if I passed or not