Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

From the old thread. My actual predictions.

Hulk Smash! posted:

Ok, because I'm really bored at work right now, the completely scientific prediction of everyone's classes for C3

Travis: Rogue. Still wants to stay away from pure casters and likes big numbers. Any race as long as 1) not a short race and 2) can grow a beard

Laura: Monk. She had a taste in the Darrington one-shot and has Beau envy. Elf to also get that 4-hour long rest

Liam: Cleric. With an ongoing crisis of faith because Liam.

Sam: Human Fighter. Liam picks for him and I can see him picking the most vanilla option to see what Sam does with it. Comedy option: Life Cleric with only heal spells, just to troll Laura.

Marisha: Sorcerer. Ki points were the gateway to sorcery points and Marisha has expressed wanting to play a character that's actually good a social skills

Ashley: Bard. I think she'd nail RP-ing an awkward bard. Pick only buffs and save or suck spells and it also removes the combat math that she seems to find stressful.

Taliesin: He's really hard to predict for since he's played most everything and likes to try new and weird classes. Urban based melee Ranger?

Senjuro posted:

Only thing I'm willing to bet on is Laura is going to be an elf due to this (C2E133 spoiler)

haha. Yup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

liams hints for what he's picked for sam suggest he's gone weird rather than regdar.

I also think they won't play classes they've done in one-shots. they all seem more like the type to go for new things

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

My predictions based on absolutely nothing (and only class predictions, I'm not even going to try to predict race):

Liam: Cleric. Somebody's gotta do it and there's so many wide and varied options of how to do it.
Laura: Fighter or Barbarian. It's Laura's turn to play the muscle.
Taliesin: Bard. I just think he'd be really good at it.
Ashley: Sorcerer. Hasn't really gotten to play arcane options and something like a Wild Magic Sorc is funnier than a wizard.
Sam: Druid. Insane variety of options and utility, I think Liam would want to see just how much shenanigans he could get up to with a druid.
Travis: Rogue. Like Hulk Smash said, still wary of playing a pure caster but less of a meathead fighter.
Marisha: Artificer? I don't know, I'm just throwing this one out here because we haven't seen an Artificer since Taryon and they can do some really cool stuff.

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
There’s part of me that doesn’t want to see Wild Magic unless it’s a different/expanded table. The PHB version is largely uninteresting. But by the same token, any time a player deviates from the standard table, it tends to break the game if not focus it on them. Like the Deck Of Many Things.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
:siren:CONTEST PREDICTION FORM IS LIVE:siren:

Responses must be submitted by 7PM PT on Thursday!

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

drat I missed page one. Ah well!

Very hype for this. If we’re doing wild predictions, have Matt pull a B Dave Walters and start them at 20th level, but they die and it turns out to be some kind of vision or dream from the level one versions of those characters.

I doubt they’d ACTUALLY do that because it would spoil all their leveling up character choices for the campaign, but it’s fun to think of crazy alternative campaign starts outside of the usual “you are all level 1 and end up meeting up somehow.”

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Paracaidas posted:

I see what you did there for Tal's entry :v:

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Paracaidas posted:

Lmao at Taliesin's entry. Perfection.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Lmao I totally missed that.

Perfect.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Abroham, perhaps linking out to the CR D&D books for folks who want more resources on the world of Exandria and/or want to dive into the same world as their favorite nerdy-rear end voice actors? Just a thought!

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
I wonder if we should list notable guest appearances and/or give a thread curated one shot playlist. Something along the lines of ones we think are good to sell the show with or whatever other criteria we want.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Those are both good suggestions! I'll add a section for anyone who doesn't know about D&D and put some links to the CR books in there.

I do like some recommended one shots too, since it's also how I got into the show to begin with. The Terry Crews one I remember really liking because it had a beginner's perspective and showed the rolls+modifiers on-screen. Maybe the Darrington Brigade as well, just because it's possibly the best one shot they've ever done. :v:

e: I also submitted my predictions and I'm excited to be dead loving wrong

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

I'm still not caught up with C2 but drat I'm excited to get in on C3 ground floor

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
Probably not going to get a single thing correct, but excited to watch eventually once timezones and prior engagements finally finish. Maybe December some time? Fingers crossed!

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Gotta recommend including Liam’s Christmas one-shot, The Night Before Critmas.

The recent Ashley one-shot, The Nautilus Ark, is also really great.

And not a one-shot, but boy do I enjoy Undeadwood.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I went overboard voting for crazier races from this link, I'm hoping to see at least one of them!

https://www.dndbeyond.com/races

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

bagrada posted:

I went overboard voting for crazier races from this link, I'm hoping to see at least one of them!

I feel like this crew likes to bust out a “new” race or two in the campaigns, and Matt has mostly seemed fine with it, so it wouldn’t surprise me.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Those are both good suggestions! I'll add a section for anyone who doesn't know about D&D and put some links to the CR books in there.

I do like some recommended one shots too, since it's also how I got into the show to begin with. The Terry Crews one I remember really liking because it had a beginner's perspective and showed the rolls+modifiers on-screen. Maybe the Darrington Brigade as well, just because it's possibly the best one shot they've ever done. :v:

e: I also submitted my predictions and I'm excited to be dead loving wrong

I agree with the Terry one, though technically that was a Nerdist production that was a feat: CR members if that makes any difference to you. It doesn't for me but some people might have Opinions™. My only concern with Darrington Brigade is the same one I'd have with recommending Grog's one shot and that is accidental spoilers for people who wouldn't want them.

TotalHell posted:

Gotta recommend including Liam’s Christmas one-shot, The Night Before Critmas.

The recent Ashley one-shot, The Nautilus Ark, is also really great.

And not a one-shot, but boy do I enjoy Undeadwood.

I was actually thinking Critmas when I suggested this so hi5.

I don't know which one shot would be best to fit into this option, but I would want to have one that went max chaos crew off the rails to show off that side of the table. Maybe Crash Pandas would be best for that showcase?

FlavoFibe
Nov 9, 2015

bagrada posted:

Same, I don't think I picked any of the more common races. Putting in the predictions was pretty difficult without just defaulting to what other people have been guessing.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
I am going to guess there's like a 90% chance of a warforged. If Sam is going for maximum weird, Warforged Druid

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

I went off the wall for some races and included a Kenku for Ashley. I also decided to make Tal a Thri-Kreen because the combination of desert, weid bug, and Tal. (Plus it is new UA which they might have asked Matt to use some at least as NPCs)

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB
This is the campaign they take their dignity back. All Kenku.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

I am going with fire genasi for Ashley. :kiddo:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I bet someone will be weird and play a human.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Who's gonna be the Tortle?

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
For both C1 and C2 I tuned into Twitch randomly for the first episodes without knowing they were on. This time I do, looking forward to it!

Dimloep
Nov 5, 2011
Travis needs to be a Wizard.

"I have an Intelligence of 17. I know what I'm doing."

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
I kind of fell off of S2 toward the late game but swung back in for the final arc, so I'm really excited to see what the gang will shape up to be this time around.

And what absolutely nonsense name they'll end up forming for the team. :allears:

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

I am really excited for them being around a table again :unsmith:

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Hulk Smash! posted:

I see what you did there for Tal's entry :v:
:tipshat:

Thank you to all 17 who've submitted thus far! It's interesting to see which questions there is nearly consensus on and which have had basically zero duplication. For instance, y'all have an extremely strong preference on the last question.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Is the consensus one Laura?

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

lemonadesweetheart posted:

Is the consensus one Laura?

I'm going to guess there are lot of Mica's

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Mage_Boy posted:

I'm going to guess there are lot of Mica's

Yeah it’s gotta be.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

The elf only needing 4 hours doesn't get spells back though do they? Like, hit points and hit die you'd be ok, but spells is specifically a long rest which is 8 hours. Unless Matt changes it, but that seems like making elves way too powerful as spell casters.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

The 4 hour elf trance counts as 8 hours of normal rest so it'd get spell slots back, yeah.

Realistically it just means you're asking your party to wait around for you extra long (a short rest is only 1 hour), or you have a lot of time where the rest of the party is still asleep - which is good for keeping watch and similar to other features like the Warforged one.

Even if your party is all elves, that's pretty much just something your DM would adjust for. The bandit ambush doesn't arrive in 7 hours, it arrives in 3 hours. :v:

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB
Sam plays an elf that actually sleeps 8 hours

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Abroham Lincoln posted:

The 4 hour elf trance counts as 8 hours of normal rest so it'd get spell slots back, yeah.

Realistically it just means you're asking your party to wait around for you extra long (a short rest is only 1 hour), or you have a lot of time where the rest of the party is still asleep - which is good for keeping watch and similar to other features like the Warforged one.

Even if your party is all elves, that's pretty much just something your DM would adjust for. The bandit ambush doesn't arrive in 7 hours, it arrives in 3 hours. :v:

Hilariously, this is not actually the case. They get the “same benefits of a human who slept for 8 hours” but this is also “not intended to replace a long rest.”

https://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/rules-answers-september-2015

So an elf does not get the benefits of a long rest until 8 hours are up, despite only needing four trance hours for “sleep.” Completely confusing nonsense from WotC on this one.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
Yeah, it's an overwhelming preference for Mica at the moment, only 3 other names have been listed.

redbrouw posted:

Sam plays an elf that actually sleeps 8 hours
On this note:

Campaign 2: Cursed weapons are fun!

And relatedly:
Campaign 1:"Are you to be my wielder?"..."do you have a female setting?"

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Are the 3 other names misspellings of "Mica"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

TotalHell posted:

Hilariously, this is not actually the case. They get the “same benefits of a human who slept for 8 hours” but this is also “not intended to replace a long rest.”

https://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/rules-answers-september-2015

So an elf does not get the benefits of a long rest until 8 hours are up, despite only needing four trance hours for “sleep.” Completely confusing nonsense from WotC on this one.

Huh. I’m pretty sure that’s not how Matt ruled it for Essek that one time, since it’s what had Laura making the joke that the whole party should be elves.