Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frump truck

hello... again!

what's more unsettling a dimly lit bathroom or an overlit bathroom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biosterous

i think it really depends on the background music and what conversations have happened right before the bathroom is revealed. like overly lit after talking to some Uncomfortable Overly Nice People WIth Perfect Teeth and the music is a just a lil too cheerful, then yeah an overly lit bathroom is more unsettling

dimly lit isn't inherently unsettling imo, but that might be because bright lights hurt my eyes so i usually don't turn the lights all the way on in the bathroom at home. if it's the morning or night i won't turn them on at all, i know where everything is by muscle memory and i can pee in the dark no problem

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Ventral EggSac

A uniformly dimly lit bathroom, where is the light coming from

frump truck

hello... again!

boo-osterous posted:

i think it really depends on the background music and what conversations have happened right before the bathroom is revealed. like overly lit after talking to some Uncomfortable Overly Nice People WIth Perfect Teeth and the music is a just a lil too cheerful, then yeah an overly lit bathroom is more unsettling

dimly lit isn't inherently unsettling imo, but that might be because bright lights hurt my eyes so i usually don't turn the lights all the way on in the bathroom at home. if it's the morning or night i won't turn them on at all, i know where everything is by muscle memory and i can pee in the dark no problem

Ventral EggSac posted:

A uniformly dimly lit bathroom, where is the light coming from

you are both nice and thanks for answering my question

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
As a pothead I am very sensitive to light and like it dark; I would find a brightly lit bathroom more than unsettling

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

frump truck

hello... again!

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

As a pothead I am very sensitive to light and like it dark; I would find a brightly lit bathroom more than unsettling

thank you. you are both nice

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free

frump truck posted:

haha hi frump truck, I am very high too and wish to sincerely respond to this

overlit in my experience, as it exposes Horrors

Escape From Noise

Like I'm going to fumble around in the dark trying to find my dingus only to miss the toilet completely because I can't aim in the dark. Pass!

Zurtilik

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
As someone who frequently stumbles into dark bathrooms in the middle of the night, the lighting bares no responsibility for the creep factor for me.

Sherbert Hoover

Working hard, thank you!
While I wouldn't particularly enjoy a dimly lit bathroom, I have extensive experience with too brightly lit bathrooms, which I find very off-putting. It is severe in a way that a lack of light could never be.

this sig is protected by Simsmagic!

Heather Papps

hello friend

dimly lit bathroom - having a nice bubblebath with candles and soft world music playing. 10/10 very good

over lit bathroom - i'm about to have some sort of medical procedure done to me. it smells of antiseptic and fear. 0/10 never again.

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free
overlit bathrooms just remind me of using rest stops at like 1 AM driving somewhere and I'm late and tired and gently caress it's bright in this bathroom

free Trapt CD

*~:coffeepal:~*
I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

*~:h:~*
Dimly/overly lit PUBLIC or PRIVATE bathroom? It's a factor. The answer is 'dimly lit' either way, but let's give all the variables a fair shake here

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

Manifisto

I think "wildly unevenly lit" is p unsettling. like what if all the light is streaming up from the floor and nowhere else--everything would look like when someone holds a flashlight up to their chin. or what if the toilet is brilliantly lit with like a spotlight and everything else is in darkness. you might feel like you were performing, which could be good or bad depending on your inhibitions and who you think the audience might be (hint: it's the dead, but they're the audience for everything you do so the lighting doesn't really change anything)

ty nesamdoom!

Sherbert Hoover

Working hard, thank you!
i don't need op to quote me. i know now that i am nice

Escape From Noise

They dim all the lights in the place I work for evening service, including the toilets. They're nice restrooms but it was always just too dim to be able to see comfortably and made me very nervous.

Macnult

i think a bathroom that was initially over lit but wasn't maintained so it became dimly lit is the most unsettling, op

frump truck

hello... again!

thank you all, you are all very nice (even Sherbert Hoover who already knew)

frump truck

hello... again!

now that i'm not high anymore i want to open this thread up to anyone who is high and wants to ask a question, and anyone who is nice and wants to answer it

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free

frump truck posted:

now that i'm not high anymore i want to open this thread up to anyone who is high and wants to ask a question, and anyone who is nice and wants to answer it

Am not high now but will be hopefully soon, and in the meantime I would be happy to answer questions

Sherbert Hoover

Working hard, thank you!
i'm high on life rn

should i be doing pushups/twists/mtn climbers etc. just in the morning or should i do them at night too?

if you answer my question you are nice

biosterous

Code Jockey posted:

Am not high now but will be hopefully soon, and in the meantime I would be happy to answer questions

can you draw a dragon

gallery of sigs

he/him

frump truck

hello... again!

Sherbert Hoover posted:

i'm high on life rn

should i be doing pushups/twists/mtn climbers etc. just in the morning or should i do them at night too?

if you answer my question you are nice

i think maybe just in the morning because doesn't exercise at night keep you awake?

Lock

hardcore sound gets you hypah

overlit, definitely

let me poo in twilit peace

https://giant.gfycat.com/ThoseAcrobaticCapybara.webm
so much love to vanisher for the winter '21 sig!

huge love to Tiny Myers for the fall '21 sig!

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

if the dim bathroom is clean it's cool

Join the BYOB Army

thank you again Saoshyant!!

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free

boo-osterous posted:

can you draw a dragon

for you I will try

working at it now

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

frump truck posted:

i think maybe just in the morning because doesn't exercise at night keep you awake?

Also a proper answer to the dragon question.

Professor Latency

apartment just replaced the bulbs in the bathroom yesterday.

overlit is the answer, op

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

frump truck posted:

Dim. gently caress that poo poo. I wanna know whats lurking anywhere I peen out.

https://i.imgur.com/1qBoiAi.mp4

Manifisto - 2023,rear end-penny - 2023,Saoshyant - 2023,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Manifisto - 2018,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2021
Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free

boo-osterous posted:

can you draw a dragon

They Might Be

i love him

Sherbert Hoover

Working hard, thank you!

frump truck posted:

good point, I have enough sleep issues as it is. thank you for answering my question. you are very nice

biosterous

yes yes thank you!

gallery of sigs

he/him

The Hello Machine

I'm not a real machine, but I am a real Hello-sayer.
If the bath is bright I'm feelin alright
If DARK is room is then I want to know where the LUM(inosity) is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

frump truck posted:

Overly lit, unless it's public.

https://i.imgur.com/1qBoiAi.mp4

Manifisto - 2023,rear end-penny - 2023,Saoshyant - 2023,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Manifisto - 2018,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2021