Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Alan Smithee posted:

Oh the HumaNFT!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

Alan Smithee posted:

buttcoin: Oh the HumaNFT!

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Alan Smithee posted:

Oh the HumaNFT!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
The oldest trick in the book.
https://twitter.com/colorblindmess/status/1450598198842593283

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Blotto_Otter posted:

debits to the left, credits to the right, meaningless randomly-generated nonces to the... more right, just dangle it off to the side of the spreadsheet over there

here i am, stuck on the blockchain with you

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

Alan Smithee posted:

Oh the HumaNFT!

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

tired of past performance not being a predictor of future gains? Well worry no more!

how that is not a flagrant breach of consumer advertising I don't know.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

tired of past performance not being a predictor of future gains? Well worry no more!

*phil hartman voice*

"is bitcoin going to the moon? our certified bitcoinologists seem to think so"

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I like the "Cryptoassets are unregulated in some EU countries and the UK, no consumer protection." disclaimer tucked away at the bottom.

I got a spam email from Paypal yesterday begging me to use their app to buy crypto, absolutely no-one in that company trying to juice the price at all.

epitaph
Dec 31, 2008

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

i ended up installing a 3rd party twitter client just to get rid of ads (95% of which were very similar to this, i.e. “buy bitcoin it always goes up on this tell!”)

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
No fees! No consumer protection.

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

njsykora posted:

I like the "Cryptoassets are unregulated in some EU countries and the UK, no consumer protection." disclaimer tucked away at the bottom.

I got a spam email from Paypal yesterday begging me to use their app to buy crypto, absolutely no-one in that company trying to juice the price at all.

i like that it looks like a surgeon general's warning on a pack of cigarettes

drk
Jan 16, 2005

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Alan Smithee posted:

Oh the HumaNFT!

The_Franz posted:

*phil hartman voice*

"is bitcoin going to the moon? our certified bitcoinologists seem to think so"

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
those danged analists and their butt coins

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
helium bros continue to infect r/amateurradio with requests for free tech support for their wasteful, stupid crypto ponzi

https://old.reddit.com/r/amateurradio/comments/qboqkh/what_do_you_all_think_about_helium/

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
confirmed

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Yes.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Jonny 290 posted:

helium bros continue to infect r/amateurradio with requests for free tech support for their wasteful, stupid crypto ponzi
where does this fall with regard to pecuniary use of the band

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Gazpacho posted:

where does this fall with regard to pecuniary use of the band

they're all on the 900 mhz ISM band. they're not even using ham radio. but they pop on a few times a week "how do i crimp lmr400 connectors on to coax" and it's always "im setting up a helium miner"

my concern isnt them operating illegally on ham bands but leaning on a free volunteer hobby service for tech support for a commercial for-profit venture. if somebody comes in there asking for advice on their cop radio system (and they do) they get yelled out of there with "go hire a commercial radio tech" and i dont see why helium bros should be treated any differently

drk
Jan 16, 2005

Jonny 290 posted:

they're all on the 900 mhz ISM band. they're not even using ham radio. but they pop on a few times a week "how do i crimp lmr400 connectors on to coax" and it's always "im setting up a helium miner"

my concern isnt them operating illegally on ham bands but leaning on a free volunteer hobby service for tech support for a commercial for-profit venture. if somebody comes in there asking for advice on their cop radio system (and they do) they get yelled out of there with "go hire a commercial radio tech" and i dont see why helium bros should be treated any differently

I work with commercial/industrial 900MHz radios for work, and given how difficult it is to explain the regulations to people and get them to follow them, id wager the chances of random coiners violating the regulations at nearly 100%. It doesnt help that its pretty easy to get antennas that in most cases, have a higher than legal gain (they are designed to be used with either lower power radios, or in situations with long runs of antenna cable).

Technically, ISM band radios with non-factory antennas are required to be installed by "professionals".

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Alan Smithee posted:

Oh the HumaNFT!
:lol:

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Dorian wisely nods approval

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/sisario/status/1450874335883894785
of course

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

we bought it with money from some guy trading us for bitcoin!

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
wait so they bought the physical album? what a bunch of suckers, it might get destroyed!!

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

snorch posted:

It cuts down massively on paperwork. Imagine, if you will, a movie in which residuals are paid out by smart contract. For starters, this makes it much easier for the studio to manage payouts, and let's them get by with a smaller, shorter-term administrative team.

snorch posted:

The benefit is you can set it and forget it.

snorch posted:

Don't get me wrong, those are all real problems that will have to be reckoned with. But business will adopt it as soon as it becomes easy enough to do. At that point nobody will be hand-coding contracts, just like how pretty much nobody writes their own HTML anymore.

possibly real bitcoiner in gibbis?

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

i wonder if that person things contracts always get written from scratch and that is why you pay all these lawyers so much money

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

it’s not even a real wu tang album they basically got tricked into recording it

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

qirex posted:

it’s not even a real wu tang album they basically got tricked into recording it

now i am imagining someone recording a wu tang album like that eddie murphy steve martin movie that i forget what its named

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Penisface posted:

now i am imagining someone recording a wu tang album like that eddie murphy steve martin movie that i forget what its named

Like when Rerun hopped up at the Doobie Brothers show and the tape recorder he was bootlegging the concert for cash fell out of his pants? Compelling TV for an 11y/o about piracy years before Napster.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
uwu tang clan

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

Chris Knight posted:

uwu tang clan

uwu-tan clan

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

I think helium is the one I had an argument with a guy at work about because he was going on about putting sensors on everything and I just kept going "but that's RFID" or "ok but what stops someone taking the sensor off?"

Boxturret posted:

just lol at "nobody writes their own html" and probably lmao as well

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Penisface posted:

chubby rain

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Boxturret posted:

snorch posted:

I'm really not, and to be clear none of what I wrote should be construed as endorsing any of this stuff.

False alarm, back to normal.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

bitcoin's major use case always seems to come down to eliminating jobs that the bitcoiners invent, like the fleets of armoured cars that have to travel across the country/world for every online transaction or the hoards of accountants that have to calculate and sign every single cheque ever given out by any large organisation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
I'm not really a bitcoiner, you see, I'm just an ordinary "Joe" who got to reading about these bit-coins, and gosh dangit if those tech boys haven't cooked up something really special over here! Boy oh boy I sure am looking forward to all the benefits blockchain technology has in store for us all! We'd better spend all our money on bitscoin right now, who's with me? Pls send donations to 1BitcoinEaterAddressDontSendf59kuE