Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Alright your new car is ready to go, let's see....32 thousand for the base model but of course you wanted all the bells and whistles so that's another 11 thousand, plus what we call a 20% 'all in' fee. There's a small surcharge to the processing fee because it's after noon on a Friday, and of course the processing fee is doubled because *mumbles something*. However since you're paying 20k down in cash you're entitled to 200 dollars instant cash back, minus a 30% instant cashback fee...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I don't wanna

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

hi i'm calling about your automobiles extended warranty

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

i don't get the point of this thread, the title and body are incongruous. is this where i post about how i've only ever owned shitboxes and that makes me superior to new car owners?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

i don't get the point of this thread, the title and body are incongruous. is this where i post about how i've only ever owned shitboxes and that makes me superior to new car owners?

The title is how all car sales are closed, hth

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

ive been waiting in the gently caress room for hours

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Reading the thread title I'm very, very disappointed the OP isn't Lil Swamp Booger Baby

Why is this thread allowed then?? Jeffery??

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

gently caress YOU!!!!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Once you have a lot of people under you in the pyramid, you get to orgasm any time someone downline has a good gently caress.

The more downline depth you have in your forced matrix, the sooner you can be a kingpin of cum

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

Came naked, left dissapointed

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

I got a bone to pick with you!

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Hi I'm Tom Selleck and you can trust me because I'm the living avatar of all things boomer. Now let me tell you about reverse mortgages.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

High five! :hfive:

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

where'd we land on this fuckin' thing?

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

extra toppings? $2 each, but trust me you dont want the plain burger. treat yourself, king.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
How about we just cuddle OP?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
And by cuddle I mean you suck my freakin BALLS!

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

reported for goonfucking

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bad Purchase posted:

reported for goonfucking

hosed for goonreporting

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

The Bloop posted:

hosed for goonreporting

:wink:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
OK OP

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Gooned for fuckreporting

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

as long as you give me the courtesy of a reach around

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Reportfucked for gooning. :smugbert:

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
sorry, no can do, op. im gay

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Op I'll gently caress you but you have to take my lovely car in exchange. Engine lights been on for a year or so and no amount of work seems to fix it. Got some fresh wipers and a new tire tho. Pretty good deal if you ask me

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Treecko posted:

Op I'll gently caress you but you have to take my lovely car in exchange. Engine lights been on for a year or so and no amount of work seems to fix it. Got some fresh wipers and a new tire tho. Pretty good deal if you ask me

speaking as a shitbox owner and lover this seems win/win to me, can i accept on the ops behalf?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
I am a sovereign citizen and I do not consent to this!!!

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I will not gently caress you but I *MIGHT* let you gently caress me

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

speaking as a shitbox owner and lover this seems win/win to me, can i accept on the ops behalf?

Yeah I guess but before you take it can you just get the dang light to go off? I can barely drive this thing not really sure why I have it in the first place.

Also I won't actually gently caress you sorry I lied.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Got a new alternater and battery, replaced the harmonic balancer, light went out for a day and came back on. I think the people at the shops know less than I do which is nothing.

I'm tired of getting hosed

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Treecko posted:

I'm tired of getting hosed

you're in the wrong thread friend

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Treecko posted:

Got a new alternater and battery, replaced the harmonic balancer, light went out for a day and came back on. I think the people at the shops know less than I do which is nothing.

i'd pm you about whats wrong with your shitbox but you don't have plat and i don't wanna poo poo up the "goons loving each other thread" with car diagnostics chat

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
My bad

*unzips pants*

Let's get back to it

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

gently caress it, from what you posted it sounds like the cars charging system is having intermittent problems. they replaced the battery and alt because those are the primary components and then the balancer because they thought maybe the belt was slipping on the pulley. if it's not those, my guess is that your car is v rusty and that your grounds are super corroded and the current can't make an effective circuit back to the battery

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Treecko posted:

REAL TALK: go buy one of those car code readers, they're cheaper than you think they are these days. It will A.) Tell you whatever the problem is and B.) If it's something stupid, like it usually is, simply let you delete the error code that's making the light come on, essentially telling your car 'no it isn't, stfu'. especially if you know that what it tells you isn't true. This happened with my truck and I was like 'why are you complaining all the time' so I plugged it in and did just that, and then it never did it again.

You can get them from Amazon or AutoZone and they either come with their own, corded units or they even have little blu tooth models you can plug in and read from an app on your phone in real time - again, they're cheaper than you think.

e: they usually plug in inside the car, under the dash somewhere, it's not a massive hassle you don't have to be a super mechanic to work with them either, if that's something you'd stress over.

For my truck, the reason I got it was because my partially digital dash was constantly saying 'SERVICE ENGINE' all the drat time when the actual reason was because my model F-150 has a type of gas fill thing that actively and isn't supposed to have a gas cap to it, and filling it in the Wisconsin winter/spring change seasons as the weather flexed caused it to think there was some kind of vapor lock issue in the fuel system or some poo poo (there was not). It was cheaper to spend $$ or whatever getting this sensor and reading the error code and looking it up and then kicking my truck in the rear end for being stupid than paying a mechanic for diagnosing that.

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Oct 20, 2021

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Big Beef City posted:

REAL TALK: go buy one of those car code readers, they're cheaper than you think they are these days. It will A.) Tell you whatever the problem is and B.) If it's something stupid, like it usually is, simply let you delete the error code that's making the light come on, essentially telling your car 'no it isn't, stfu'. especially if you know that what it tells you isn't true. This happened with my truck and I was like 'why are you complaining all the time' so I plugged it in and did just that, and then it never did it again.

You can get them from Amazon or AutoZone and they either come with their own, corded units or they even have little blu tooth models you can plug in and read from an app on your phone in real time - again, they're cheaper than you think.

yes if you want to do any work on your car this is a must. i have this one:

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07JFRFJG6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and it's been a godsend. even if you want to just clear the code constantly so the light goes away without fixing the problem lmao

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I got cheap rear end chinese knock off blu tooth ones that you can read from your phone for like.. $20 I think and they can give you all sorts of stats and info about your vehicle that your dash doesn't show but, like, I also don't want to plug them in kinda

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
*I spread open my gaping pooper, ready to receive GBS*