Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
man the gas lines have gotten completely nuts since gas shot up in price

i only go in the evenings now. daytime is madness.

:69snypa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Chinatown posted:

man the gas lines have gotten completely nuts since gas shot up in price

i only go in the evenings now. daytime is madness.

:69snypa:

People didn't want to save money on gas before? I went Sunday afternoon, it was long but not insane, even for a Sunday afternoon.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Next week the new apple airpods drop, anyone know if the church will be likely to carry them?

Captain Toasted
Jan 3, 2009

tangy yet delightful posted:

Next week the new apple airpods drop, anyone know if the church will be likely to carry them?

I’d be shocked if they didn’t. That’s gonna be a hot Christmas gift for sure

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
Costco business near me put in a gas station recently it rules, never busy and right on the way home from work. :getin:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
They are taking an old Fry's Electronics (:rip:) location and turning it into a Business Center nearby here.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

stopped by costco for some gas and brisket and got some of those brown sugar ice creams. god drat

Scornful Sexbot
Sep 24, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
There is apparently a Costco Business Center 35 miles from me. Am I allowed in there without having a business membership???? Don’t wanna drive that far just to be thwarted at the door.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Scornful Sexbot posted:

There is apparently a Costco Business Center 35 miles from me. Am I allowed in there without having a business membership???? Don’t wanna drive that far just to be thwarted at the door.

yes, same membership as normal, they just carry business-focused goods

Scornful Sexbot
Sep 24, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Well looks like im planning a BUSINESS trip

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

I just realized that jamon season is imminent

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Already here at my warehouse

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

The jamon Iberico is already at mine:

Chinatown posted:

They are taking an old Fry's Electronics (:rip:) location and turning it into a Business Center nearby here.

PBUC

I'm having penne pasta and pesto courtesy of Costco. Just finished a wet and dirty Kirkland gin martini too. Might have another.

Still haven't found Costco popcorn, but I'm not exactly running low. My partner is vegan, but I might spring for the truffle and parmesan spice bottle to pop into a batch.

Woodsy Owl
Oct 27, 2004

Sir Sidney Poitier posted:

I'm not really concerned if they add more for delivery, if it's something I want to rely on for many years to come I figure it's worth it if it is of good quality and comes from a company that I (comparatively speaking) trust.

Thanks for the information.

We have purchased 3 different recliners from Costco and they have all started falling apart within one year of purchase. The only durable furniture I've bought from Costco was the Tresanti standing desk

If you don't have a truck to haul it back when it breaks down then I would not recommend it

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
Bought a rotisserie chicken today at Costco, didn't realize a hole was melted into the bottom of the container until I got home. Now my car is going to smell like the church's incense for a long, long time.

Good thing I had floor liners to absorb all that juice.

Fake James fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Oct 21, 2021

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

this week i learned that costco sells a nine hundred dollar christmas tree

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Lutha Mahtin posted:

It's twelve feet tall!

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

my local store had one all set up on the floor, and it is indeed very large and impressive

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Lutha Mahtin posted:

You're in luck! With Costco's gracious return policy, you can return it for a full refund!

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Lutha Mahtin posted:

A year ago I got an artificial tree and I felt a little bad because it was like $250 or something, and walmart had a model for $100 (presumably much lower quality of course), and this year I see they're up to $400 :whitewater:

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

hey costco person tell corporate to bring back the Paulaner Oktoberfest Märzen next year, the hofbrauhaus wasn't terrible but the paulaner was absolutely one of the best I've ever had

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Paul MaudDib posted:

hey costco person tell corporate to bring back the Paulaner Oktoberfest Märzen next year, the hofbrauhaus wasn't terrible but the paulaner was absolutely one of the best I've ever had

I was severely disappointed at the Oktoberfest selection this year, they didn't even have the Bell's Oktoberfest at my local 'co :(

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
Both of my local shops have terrible beer selections, but their booze selection is generally pretty good.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Chicken bake
Covid booster
Flu shot

Grand total 3 bux

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

I'm eyeing that tonkotsu and Rao's.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Chicken bake
Covid booster
Flu shot

Grand total 3 bux

Incredibly blessed

Fe Vinum
Dec 17, 2013

Fartington Butts posted:

I'm eyeing that tonkotsu and Rao's.

That Tonkotsu is really nothing to write home about, sadly. Still have four bowls and it’s only marginally better than standard pork packet.

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

Barry posted:

Incredibly blessed

This is my plan for tomorrow.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
They're expensive but I really like the frozen Shoyu ramen bowls. A nice 6 minute boiled egg in there, a drop of soy sauce, and it's really hits the spot.

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Chicken bake
Covid booster
Flu shot

Grand total 3 bux

Just curious about the booster - did you meet the criteria the news keeps talking about, or did you do the "just ask and ye shall receive" thing? Yesterday marked six months since I got my second dose and I'd like to get a booster as soon as I am able.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

WescottF1 posted:

Just curious about the booster - did you meet the criteria the news keeps talking about, or did you do the "just ask and ye shall receive" thing? Yesterday marked six months since I got my second dose and I'd like to get a booster as soon as I am able.

Yeah, I have qualifying medical condition. Its not like they look up your medical record though, they just have you sign something that says you qualify. No idea if your insurance will actually check though if they get billed

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran
The Momosan ramen with Iron Chef Morimoto on the box is asterisked at my church for $5.97. I still had half a box left but grabbed three more while there this evening.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Chinatown posted:

The old fry’s I worked at already turning into an Amazon delivery hub. Had a hearty lol at that one.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
Went to Costco tonight. No sweatshirt, no puzzle, no naked chicken tenders, yes boba bars. 1 out of 4 isn't terrible, I guess.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Where I am (Central KY) the third Pfizer shot is available for anybody. Free and multiple locations you can just walk in.

Just tried the boba bars and I love them. Texture is a tough thing to describe to boba newbies but the flavoring is a trip.

Tomorrow I'm picking up party platters for a surprise party for my wife. Got the croissant sandwich and shrimp cocktail platter and I'm probably gonna eat a shrimp or two in the way home.

The dried ramen is so loving salty it's absurd. On the bright side of salty, church just also got white chocolate peppermint Pretzel Crisps (!)

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Renegret posted:

They're expensive but I really like the frozen Shoyu ramen bowls. A nice 6 minute boiled egg in there, a drop of soy sauce, and it's really hits the spot.

I did not like these at all. :(

I think i'm going to have to go down the rabbit hole of making my own ramen.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

toplitzin posted:

I did not like these at all. :(

I think i'm going to have to go down the rabbit hole of making my own ramen.
You really should go down that rabbit hole. It's as rewarding as every dork who's posted their "ramen journey" makes it out to be.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

I actually really like the tonkatsu — I add an egg for the last two minutes of cooking, maybe some of the frozen stir fry veg, and a little sesame or chili oil on top. I’ve always been one to tart up ramen as a matter of course, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Is the frozen cacio e pepe pasta any good? I don't remember the brand but I was eyeing it on my last trip. It's packaged as a bunch of little frozen pasta nests, 2 nests per serving, which is a great packaging format since you can cook exactly how much you need. But I was curious how well a frozen nest of pasta and wet/creamy cacio e pepe sauce turns out when you heat it up.

Lutha Mahtin fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Oct 22, 2021