Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Is there a platform that allows you to short spacs on the same day they're listed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.
But DWAC has been publicly traded for quite a while now. Thats what I find so confusing about all this. Trump and the people who work for him are pretty notorious for spiking their press releases with buzzwords, often times incorrectly. Which is what leaves me confused, is the stuff with DWAC a different deal or is that what is being discussed and Trump is just claiming its a SPAC since those were the hot thing a few months ago and he wants the extra hype. Or maybe I just dont understnad anything at all.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Whoever manages his property portfolio seems to know what they're doing. That's an entirely different line of business though

I think Trump is so livid over getting banned from Twitter, he'll buy into any business scheme to get him back into social media. The problem is that he's a super toxic brand so the only people willing to pitch to him have gulliani level brain worms

It's possible they don't totally gently caress this up, but there's not a lot of people that are both qualified to do this work + willing to risk career suicide

The best part about being attached to a stock ticker is now his reputation has a very well defined metric, going to buy one share just to keep tabs on this Trainwreck :allears:

DWAC did not exist before Q3 2021

Hadlock fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Oct 21, 2021

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

drat, I missed decent entry into trump spac

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison
Trump SPAC: Grab 'em by the profits

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

I moved my whole gambling fund into DWAC at 14.5. That shits gonna run till nearly 20 today then go higher as Fox pumps it.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Yeah, doesn't look like its stopping. DonaldWAC

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

DapperDraculaDeer posted:

I moved my whole gambling fund into DWAC at 14.5. That shits gonna run till nearly 20 today then go higher as Fox pumps it.

Friend of mine bought 200 shares at 13.31 this morning. 1200 bucks before lunch. Not bad.

I’d have sold already but he’s holding

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

thanks to the thread, bought 775 shares this morning at 12.91. now i'm wondering if i want to see if i can double up or just bail now...

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Does any of this money go to ol Donny T himself? Last time I did this poo poo as a Joke I bought a maga hat in 2015 and then he became the president

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?
I think it only counts if you're holding the bag.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

thanks to the thread, bought 775 shares this morning at 12.91. now i'm wondering if i want to see if i can double up or just bail now...

okay i bailed at 18.54, that's enough for me lol

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

skipdogg posted:

Friend of mine bought 200 shares at 13.31 this morning. 1200 bucks before lunch. Not bad.

I’d have sold already but he’s holding

Trump and his allies in the media excel at this kind of overselling that can really run up a stock price. And per the norm, a lot of people will get hurt when it comes crashing down. Im betting this thing will at least hit $30 in the next few days, maybe even more.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Turned $200 into 2k this week. Crazy green week

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

And Im out of DWAC at 18.70. Even though I think it has a lot more room to run I would rather take the profits I have now rather than hope I am right and going to make more later.

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

And back in at 18.20. Its time to walk away from the computer because at times like this I am my worst enemy.

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Hadlock posted:

Is there a platform that allows you to short spacs on the same day they're listed

It's generally not the platform that is restricting financial instruments. They don't even have options in the standard sense generally and poo poo can get really weird.

DWAC already broke 200m in volume for the day.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
DWAC will continue to increase but the crash will be hard and fast, like Brannigan's love.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

holy poo poo it exploded

exploded upwards that is

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

holy poo poo it exploded

gently caress i knew it was gonna double up...

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Does any of this money go to ol Donny T himself? Last time I did this poo poo as a Joke I bought a maga hat in 2015 and then he became the president

Yeah I'm too woke to make money off of this too.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
East coasters hit lunch time and loaded up while watching fox news lmao

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Average Bear posted:

Consider this though: most of the money you're making is off of chuds

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Holy poo poo

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

I sold right before it got halted up :negative:

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I sold right before it got halted up :negative:

Please let the thread know next time you sell something.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

TURMP

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Its cool, CRTX to 1000 next month

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Average Bear posted:

I'm not trying to do a Thing or whatever, in case you're being facetious. I just am not sure how SPACs work and if I'm empowering his social media presence by buying DWAC

Rest assured I am a garbage person with terrible morals

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
I need to stop getting stuck in boring meetings at opening, completely missed the real trump train with DWAC

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Yes, this is directly a pump n dump for DJT to personally profit. It's missing most of the financial info/disclosures you'd expect. This one is blatant enough they may actually start to regulate SPACs a little.

/WSB hasn't touched DWAC yet, there is meme potential on top of the Trumper money as well, but insider ownership is rather large, and presumably selling out today given the volume.

Fake Edit: I put $500 in at 90% up - selling end of day; kicking myself for not reading this thread yesterday afternoon.

1st_Panzer_Div. fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Oct 21, 2021

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

/WSB hasn't touched DWAC yet

Lately the approach has been to wait for the de-SPAC phase of high short interest and redemptions, etc.

Femtosecond
Aug 2, 2003

No. 1 ANIME HATER posted:

NTDOY, GOOG, AAPL, SONY, SSNLF...

It's actually remarkable that you still can't watch Netflix on a Switch. Insane.

Femtosecond
Aug 2, 2003

VelociBacon posted:

Ipads, smart TVs, laptops probably in that order. I would estimate less than 10% use roku in 2021 to watch netflixand I would only expect that number to drop as more and more people buy new (smart) TVs.

Hadlock posted:

I consider myself at least in the top half of tech savvy people

In my lifetime I've only seen a Roku in the wild three times, two of those were at Airbnb

Id invest in Rolex or Casio or Chinese real estate ahead of Roku. Everyone has a smart tv now. I've seen countless articles about how hard it is to find a TV that's not preloaded with some smart poo poo

ilkhan posted:

Smart TVs, phones, tablets Chromecast, apple TVs... People still buy rokus at all?

I mean TCL Smart TVs are Roku TVs and Roku's tech powers a lot of smart TVs of other brands. Roku is not just the dongle.

tbh it'd be interesting to try to find if Roku has publicly put out the data of how people are accessing their service. I wouldn't be surprised if smart tv partnerships is the growth area vs the dedicated Roku dongle hardware.

Femtosecond fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Oct 21, 2021

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

BITO's IV is just melting hope no one bought options.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

I'm putting my money into anything but DWAC not out of any morals about who may or may not profit from it but because I have no faith in my ability to time the action.

Femtosecond
Aug 2, 2003

Roku has a 38% market share in Smart TVs apparently

quote:

Roku's bet on smart TVs is paying off: Seven years after the company first began licensing its operating system to TV manufacturers, it has become a market leader in North America. Roku and its hardware partners sold more smart TVs in the U.S. in 2020 than competitors like Samsung, LG and Vizio, according to data from the NPD Group released by Roku on Friday.

Roku TVs had a 38% market share in the U.S. and a 31% market share in Canada, according to NPD's data. Roku also announced earlier this week that it had ended 2020 with 51.2 million active accounts, adding around 14 million accounts over the past 12 months. Altogether, consumers streamed 58.7 billion hours of entertainment through their Roku devices in 2020, according to a news release.

https://www.protocol.com/roku-tv-market-leader-data

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

DWAC flirting with staying above 30... gently caress i'll never become a millionaire with these paper hands!!!

Femtosecond
Aug 2, 2003

yr new gurlfrand! posted:

I need to stop getting stuck in boring meetings at opening, completely missed the real trump train with DWAC

I'm a west coaster that slept in and missed the shenanigans. Sad!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

tangy yet delightful posted:

I'm putting my money into anything but DWAC not out of any morals about who may or may not profit from it but because I have no faith in my ability to time the action.

That is not going to behave like a meme which is what people are going to play it as. The music is going to stop at some point.

Maybe closer to CCIV / LCID? I guess that was another hyped to hell SPAC so makes sense to compare the action to get an idea.

The stock value doesn't matter here this is is getting funded and going to fail no matter what. Everything else Trump has touched has, every other social media platform the far right has tried to make has failed. Why should we think this will be anything other than a comical train wreck?