Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i have a lot of pdfs now that i want to highlight and mark up. i want to be able to edit and view these files on a potpourri of devices. my big compy... my laptop... my phone... WINDOWS, MACOS, LINUX... ETC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NEEDS TO BE:
----> LIGHT WEIGHT
----> ----> adobe cloud and GOOGLE DRIVE are too FAT. Take LONG TIME TO LOAD on my SLOW LAPTOP

----> PLATFORM AGNOSTIC
----> ----> NUFF SAID

----> MAYBE SYNC OFFLINE LIKE RESILIO SYNC
----> ----> IS THIS ACTUALLY THE ANSWER?? JUST USE THIS AND MY SERVER?

----> IS THERE A SIMPLE CLEAN CLIENT THAT I CAN POINT TO A SERVER?
----> ----> I DONT KNOW

----> MULTIPLE HIGHLIGHT COLORS
----> ----> GREEN, PINK, RED, ETC

----> WHY IS THIS SO HARD?
----> ----> MAYBE AN RSS CLIENT? DUNNO

thank u.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
i hate to say this but there's not going to be any solution that checks even half of those off

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

any solution with all the features you’d want would cost more than buying a non-lovely laptop

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

just put the files on dropbox or whatever cloud file storage thing you prefer and use xournalpp on all the platforms for annotating. i'm sure there's some all-cloud thing out there as well, but xournalpp is probably as good a cross-platform inking/annotation experience as there is.

Raere
Dec 13, 2007

:heysexy:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

qirex posted:

any solution with all the features you’d want would cost more than buying a non-lovely laptop

cant buy a new laptop until dumbass apple lets their m1s use more than 1 external monitor....... O_O

also u shouldnt need to shell out 2 grand to VIEW A loving PDF FILE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

The only good pdf tool is Preview.app.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

just put the files on dropbox or whatever cloud file storage thing you prefer and use xournalpp on all the platforms for annotating. i'm sure there's some all-cloud thing out there as well, but xournalpp is probably as good a cross-platform inking/annotation experience as there is.

looks cool will investigate thanks

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Adobe Acrobat Pro

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Ansible Adams posted:

The only good pdf tool is Preview.app.

its good i agree but i need the highlights and notes i make on this file to also render on my windows computer & also cell phone ideally

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
postscript is actually a cool language imo

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
"cool" here is relative but hopefully you take my meaning

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

gently caress SNEEP posted:

Adobe Acrobat Pro

yes my employer also pays for this solution.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
goodreader on ios actually meets a decent amouut of those things. its much better than people would ever realise if they've never dived into it

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Smythe you put your job role in the thread title instead of your sig.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Smythe you put your job role in the thread title instead of your sig.

gah!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

I used and paid for simplepdf while I was doing lots of immigration paperwork. worked well enough for a pdf tool (ie very badly)