Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

The Eyes Have It posted:

Off-ear audio allows my ears and hearing aids to just work, uh, naturally I guess I would call it. Between eyeglasses and astigmatism and hearing aids, I gotta tell you poo poo feels like a pain in the rear end a lot of time. I take my rays of sunshine where I can get them.

This makes a lot of sense.

Yeah his earlier ones he hated (Bt ones)and just kinda rolled normal but I guess he got some newer fancy ones that seem to be "really good" according to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
any differences in re4vr is a sin and the game is terrible for it, unplayable trash, and my opinion is definitely not swayed at all by it being a quest exclusive die facebook

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Is there a way to play RE4VR with my Index + knuckles? I'm guessing this didn't' drop on the old Oculus store so I don't think revive would work...

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

This is the kinda thing that is making me very tempted to get a VPN and start searching for a cracked version that will work on index

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

lol, I guarantee you won't find anything

it will be big news when someone manages to run quest games on a PC

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Is there a way to pull games from a quest headset? I'm curious how cracking those would even work considering you can't even get them on the oculus store on your PC.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

DoubleT2172 posted:

This is the kinda thing that is making me very tempted to get a VPN and start searching for a cracked version that will work on index

It only runs on Android, it's not going to work with the Index.

You'd be more likely to get a cracked version that would work on the Vive Focus. And no, that's not going to happen either.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I just put about 40 minutes into RE4. It's good but I'm still very much in the fumbling with the controls. No issues with switching things to left handed but I haven't locked the controls to a point I'm comfortable with aiming and moving. So I'm playing it like old school RE4 where I position myself then use weapons for now. Also I keep accidentally picking up ammo instead of my knife, which instantly mag dumps the gun, which then makes me panic reload to try to grab the knife... you can see where this goes. Dual wield is crazy, aiming felt off at long range with the pistol until I realized that me using my right hand/arm as a rest for the gun was somehow blocking the shots.

So yeah, couple of quirks here and there as I get used to the controls but otherwise it's RE4 all right. I think they hosed with the drops, though, because I am DROWNING in ammo. Guess they really want people shooting their way through this.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

The first version of Android on Windows 11 has just dropped, so while there's probably a lot of work to be done, we could maybe see RE4 VR on Windows, but who knows when.

Doctor_Fruitbat fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Oct 22, 2021

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Turin Turambar posted:

Not only RE4VR releases this week on Quest...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRUtqw7_XVQ

I want this, only it's AR Rocksmith instead.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

Alctel posted:

My Q2 bobo strap just snapped after a few months, does anyone else have any recommendations?

DAS Frankenquest

Everything else seems to have issues, this thing just works despite being a 3d printed adapter for a strap for another HMD.

.Ataraxia.
Apr 3, 2007

I think my NES is broken....

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I just put about 40 minutes into RE4. It's good but I'm still very much in the fumbling with the controls. No issues with switching things to left handed but I haven't locked the controls to a point I'm comfortable with aiming and moving. So I'm playing it like old school RE4 where I position myself then use weapons for now. Also I keep accidentally picking up ammo instead of my knife, which instantly mag dumps the gun, which then makes me panic reload to try to grab the knife... you can see where this goes. Dual wield is crazy, aiming felt off at long range with the pistol until I realized that me using my right hand/arm as a rest for the gun was somehow blocking the shots.

So yeah, couple of quirks here and there as I get used to the controls but otherwise it's RE4 all right. I think they hosed with the drops, though, because I am DROWNING in ammo. Guess they really want people shooting their way through this.

I think there are more enemies as well. My most recent playthrough was a year or so ago and I don't remember this many zombos. Games great though, they did a great job adapting it to VR.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I think they hosed with the drops, though, because I am DROWNING in ammo. Guess they really want people shooting their way through this.
I will kick and suplex my way through Spain and Facebook can’t stop me

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

RE4 VR is great so far but I really wish they had an immersive option for the kicks

I don't want to actually spin around but I'd love to see a leg fly up and kick them like the mighty boot in duke nukem 3d

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
The headshot, stagger, kick, put down gun pull out knife, bend over and stab to death loop feels great in vr if a bit op. I'm assuming enemies will have some new tricks as we go?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
So now for the obvious question: Does Ashley yell at you for looking up her skirt

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Leal posted:

So now for the obvious question: Does Ashley yell at you for looking up her skirt

They took that out, including the ability to easily look.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

They took that out, including the ability to easily look.

So much for getting firsthand experience of RE4.jpg :smith:

Gentleman Baller
Oct 13, 2013
I wasn't that bummed about no mercenaries before I played, because I kind of just assumed it'd be a low effort exclusivity affair. I was wrong, this is basically what you'd want out of RE4VR.

Maybe we'll get lucky and get it as DLC some day or something...

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

EbolaIvory posted:

I must be weird. I actually prefer IEMs or high end buds over my index audio since it closes off all outside noise. I mean I still use my index audio 95% of the time because I'm lazy, but if I wanna get ultra immersed, i plunk in some earbuds and close out the world.

I posted a while back about certain Sony headphones https://www.sony.com.au/electronics/headband-headphones/mdr-xb550ap that have a band design that will - without any modification other than removing the metal headband itself - clamp over a thin flat object, such as the side band of a headset (im my case, a Rift S). Although it looks like the cable routing block on the side of the Varjo would get in the way, im sure it would be possible to MacGyver something up

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

Bondematt posted:

DAS Frankenquest

Everything else seems to have issues, this thing just works despite being a 3d printed adapter for a strap for another HMD.

I looked at that! It's 2x3 times more expensive than all the other options though - is it worth it? Is the sound upgrade good? And how is it comfort-wise/adjustability? (One thing I hated about the bobo strap is you couldn't rest the back of your head on anything anymore)

Gentleman Baller
Oct 13, 2013
Not sure if it's been linked yet, but Praydog, the modder doing the incredible work on the VR mods for the RE2/3 remakes, posted this video about a week ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuH36ddN_rc

:stare:

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Good lord…

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Wait,there are vr mods for re2 remake?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Oh of course, if he got a VR mod working for those, it's probably not that hard to translate it to other games in the same engine hence why MH Rise got rolling so quick since it's on the RE Engine.

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
:saddowns: Don't look at my site :saddowns:
Just received my Index headset (used) and tried it out, sadly the Screen Door effect is not fully gone, but about what I expected. The picture is much clearer, especially outside the center. WIll have to try it out more in depth at another point, but my quick test had the lenses fog up a shitton extremely quickly, something I never had happen with the Vive. I hope that doesn't become an issue down the line.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Gentleman Baller posted:

Not sure if it's been linked yet, but Praydog, the modder doing the incredible work on the VR mods for the RE2/3 remakes, posted this video about a week ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuH36ddN_rc

:stare:

VR insect glaive will kill people

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

SEKCobra posted:

Just received my Index headset (used) and tried it out, sadly the Screen Door effect is not fully gone, but about what I expected. The picture is much clearer, especially outside the center. WIll have to try it out more in depth at another point, but my quick test had the lenses fog up a shitton extremely quickly, something I never had happen with the Vive. I hope that doesn't become an issue down the line.

The Index lenses are extremely close to your eyeballs. It's great for how much better it fills your vision, not so great for keeping skin flakes and sweat and fog off the lenses. Mine doesn't really fog up at all, maybe it did when I first got it but after getting a VRCover cloth cover to wick away some sweat and moisture and also adjusting the strap so it doesn't sit quite as close to my eyeballs it's way better.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

King Vidiot posted:

The Index lenses are extremely close to your eyeballs. It's great for how much better it fills your vision, not so great for keeping skin flakes and sweat and fog off the lenses. Mine doesn't really fog up at all, maybe it did when I first got it but after getting a VRCover cloth cover to wick away some sweat and moisture and also adjusting the strap so it doesn't sit quite as close to my eyeballs it's way better.

You can adjust this with the knob on the right temple.

SEKCobra posted:

Did you adjust the FPS to 120, and make sure you aren't overdoing the supersampling.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

My wife and I are thinking about getting into vr in the next year or so. We've used the Quest 2 at a local escape room place in town (played the Osiris one, loved it), and don't have a beefy PC for anything that's not standalone.

Add to that that I'm completely in love with RE4, and I think we'll be getting the Quest 2, or 3 if that exists by the time we decide to go in for it.

If we later upgrade our PC, is it a huge trick to use the Quest 2 with PC games? I've seen some guides to play non-Quest games, like Subnautica, Skyrim, Minecraft, etc, and if that's fairly simple to do, we're definitely sold.

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug
AirLink let's you get to doing PC games wirelessly quite easily. Main thing is you need a 5ghz wifi connection to work but you can get those kinds of routers cheap used

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

If we later upgrade our PC, is it a huge trick to use the Quest 2 with PC games? I've seen some guides to play non-Quest games, like Subnautica, Skyrim, Minecraft, etc, and if that's fairly simple to do, we're definitely sold.

It's never been easier and works incredibly well so long as you have a decent Wifi router OR a long USB-C cable (wifi is the way to go for sure)

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

At least for me, Airlink has been fantastic for playing PCVR with a Quest 2. I played a ton of Skyrim VR with it. I’ve done a bit of Minecraft VR but that’s still a little too clunky when I’m mainly building and spelunking.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Nocheez posted:

:doh:

Okay yeah I just checked and never even noticed that after owning mine for three months.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Thanks for the info! Yeah, we're already rocking 5ghz at home, so we should be all set.

:toot:

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Also, what's your CPU and GPU? A first gen Ryzen and a 1060 are enough to get started with, even if you can get better performance from a better machine.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Also, what's your CPU and GPU? A first gen Ryzen and a 1060 are enough to get started with, even if you can get better performance from a better machine.

My main computer is a 2010 Mac pro (graphics card is a GT120, with 512mb video RAM), and my wife's laptop is 11 years old, with I think an Nvidia 1gb card in it.

It's definitely a no go given our current hardware, which is why we're looking to upgrade soonish.

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

Thanks for the info! Yeah, we're already rocking 5ghz at home, so we should be all set.

:toot:

It's actually worth it to get a second router set up in bridge mode wired into the network in the room you will be gaming. Latency is king and the fewer obstructions and devices connected the better.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Gangringo posted:

It's actually worth it to get a second router set up in bridge mode wired into the network in the room you will be gaming. Latency is king and the fewer obstructions and devices connected the better.

My router is in the same room where all the gaming happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
:saddowns: Don't look at my site :saddowns:

Nocheez posted:

Did you adjust the FPS to 120, and make sure you aren't overdoing the supersampling.

I'm at 90 with 100% scaling