Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Maybe we're not just a bunch of frak-ups after all.
Robbie's shirt matching Dorian's picture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

also that tweet calls him "special guest" i don't think we have to be worried they brought travis out just to tell us he's not playing

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

queeb posted:

yeah I liked fearne, but i wish liam was something else, orym was kinda boring in exu

Orym worked in EXU as the straight man. With the group so far it seems he'll continue that tradition. I'm actually kind of okay with it.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

"special guest," so he's not sticking around. That kinda indicates that these aren't Ashley and Liam's forever characters to me.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Listed as "Special Guest" hrm

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

could definitely see these characters being meant to connect it narratively and either one or both of them has proper new PCs

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I felt they implied that the main cast would be a bit expanded for C3. Maybe not all the time but more often than last years.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club
I loving HATE PEOPLE WHO CLAP WHEN THE SKYSHIP LANDS

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
absolutely losing it at the clapping

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

Feels kind of weird though to have like special guests and EXU characters just to make Ashley and Liam introduce new characters later if they don't stick with these the whole time.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

ChaosReaper posted:

Feels kind of weird though to have like special guests and EXU characters just to make Ashley and Liam introduce new characters later if they don't stick with these the whole time.

Not if you want some narrative connectivity-- they could pick up their new characters later this ep or next ep and weave EXU into the main world a little bit.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

https://twitter.com/matthewmercer/status/1451387040650567682?t=NuHqdpiw-gwA1A259umBJg&s=19

https://twitter.com/aimeecarrero/status/1451388141206745107?t=Uwkhlj0Q814FDipwQSPeuw&s=19

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

ChaosReaper posted:

Ashley and Sam are the new power comedy relief team for this campaign i predict. Two different levels of naïve innocence misadventures ahoy.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Teddybear posted:

Not if you want some narrative connectivity-- they could pick up their new characters later this ep or next ep and weave EXU into the main world a little bit.

Yeah, cynically this feels like a tie-in to establish future EXU as must watch.

But, again, more Fearne. And the potential for Imogen & Opal.

Mirotic
Mar 8, 2013

https://twitter.com/VoiceOfOBrien/status/1451388416176783365?t=YPvlohzTuqKq7oL7V_Lq5A&s=19

Put me down as not super enthused for EXU characters, since I didn't watch and need to catch up, but open to it.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
I am now wondering about the mechanics of how a gondola seating works with a centaur on it

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Fearn loving kills me.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

I missed Fearne so much. :allears:

Hexmage-SA
Jun 28, 2012
DM
I'm excited about Fearne since she has connections to the Feywild, which so far is still pretty undefined.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
Fearrrrnnnneeee

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Mirotic posted:

https://twitter.com/VoiceOfOBrien/status/1451388416176783365?t=YPvlohzTuqKq7oL7V_Lq5A&s=19

Put me down as not super enthused for EXU characters, since I didn't watch and need to catch up, but open to it.

I didnt watch it but its clear Fearne is chaotic stoner, Liam is boring and Robbie is neurotic

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
god

This owns.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

fearn is loving so good

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Oh god Fearne I am dying here.

Arcsech
Aug 5, 2008
Fearne is great, Dorian is :geno:

... but on the other hand, I'll take it over another sadboi.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Lid posted:

I didnt watch it but its clear Fearne is chaotic stoner, Liam is boring and Robbie is neurotic

Orym and Dorian were herding three cats for most of EXU. Fearne was the most predictable of them.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

This set fuckin rules

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Awesome set.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008
What are the odds Keyleth sent them here to find Grog?

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

Lid posted:

Also Dorian has a mysterious past that they apparently avoided resolving in EXU so it could be dealt with here

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
Liam being the straight man is actually way funnier to me than a lot of other options he coulda been

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
The settttt

Narsham posted:

Yes please

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

What I like most about Fearne is that she's the first of Ashley's characters who is more active than reactive. Having Ashley be the straw that stirs the drink is a nice change to the usual party dynamics.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Narsham posted:

gently caress you now im going to be disappointed

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Oh no its Mickey Mouse

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
grog got so blackout drunk it sent him down to level 3

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club