Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

The National Guard is all over the news these days. COVID is still burning through the US, supply chains are breaking down, and cops are still killing people (and themselves). The solution to this systemic chaos?

Deploying the state level part time militia force!

https://twitter.com/tylerpager/status/1451349171999498248?s=20
https://twitter.com/nbcchicago/status/1448809572047769602?s=20
https://twitter.com/GBHNews/status/1448239844195540996?s=20
https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1437965176335122443?s=20
https://twitter.com/kare11/status/1450624078138781701?s=20

These weekend warriors have been through a lot over the past 2 years.
https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1267087787196645379?s=20

Where will they go next?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Your room, to take your keyboard away as they should

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
national guard, scabs?

the answer may surprise you

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

this was what happened in sim city when your city got so hosed up the game was like "drat dude, you're bad at this"

pretty neat

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

given the turnover rate for letter carriers, probably back to the postal service. there's gonna be so many accidents when the guardsmen try to drive right hand drive rolling blindspots

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

https://www.theonion.com/minnesota-deploys-national-guard-ahead-of-next-week-s-p-1846699850

ST. PAUL—Activating nearly 3,000 personnel, Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz deployed the National Guard to Minneapolis Friday ahead of next week’s police shooting. “We understand that tempers are flared right now, and we urge you to remain calm and demonstrate lawfully following next Wednesday’s tragedy,” said Walz, who explained that local officials would be imposing curfews throughout the Twin Cities metropolitan area within the next two weeks in response to the impending officer-involved shooting. “We have reason to believe the next shooting of an unarmed resident will be exceptionally egregious, so we’re giving the National Guard a bit of a head start. Know that I will share the same sentiment as the many of you who will pour into the streets in only a few days’ time, but peaceful protesting will be the answer.” At press time, Walz added that he was prepared to deploy another 1,000 troops to stem protests that would arise in response to the massive bloodshed resulting from police clashes with the original group of protesters.

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
our local donut shops and assorted patisseries

you know, critical infrastructure

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_green_men_(United_States_labour_crisis)

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

sucking me off, op

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Slightly serious post though, the powers that be love the National Guard because they can be ordered to do just about anything and can't legally say "no."

The government shies away from using the regular Army for this because it would detract from training to fight China and/or Russia in a land war, and mean that they would not be available as a quick response force.

Holy poo poo!

https://cis.org/Bensman/Historic-United-States-First-National-Guard-Soldiers-Start-Arresting-Illegal-Migrants

AUSTIN, Texas — In a dive into new political and legal water, Texas Governor Greg Abbott has initiated the first-ever border security operations in which thousands of National Guard troops — newly imbued with civilian arrest authority and given 40 hours of traditional police training in the use of deadly force — have started handcuffing illegally entering migrants on state trespassing charges.

Small-scale soldier arrest operations began quietly this week as an unprecedented addition to the state’s ongoing “Operation Lone Star” in close physical coordination with a pre-existing border surge of some 1,000 Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) officers concentrated in Val Verde and Starr counties, but also expected to happen elsewhere. Abbott has been signaling for weeks that he was preparing a more aggressive use of the National Guard.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Stairmaster posted:

sucking me off, op

ah sexual mutual aid

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
Teaching.

I'm not even kidding.

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

They will be sent overseas to work in the magnesium mines.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
the lieutenant-governor of idaho tried to call up the idaho national guard and send them to the mexican border while the governor was out of state

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

As i buy my order of 60 nuggies large fries and diet sprite i will salute the troop manning the deep fryer every time

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Forceholy posted:

Teaching.

I'm not even kidding.

"So I guess I'm you're teacher now. You can call me lieutenant Rob, and I am a tax accountant from Naperville, so we are going to learn about double entry accounting today."

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

I warned you goddamn kids for the last time to stop talking in class, since you can't listen we are converting this elementary school into a military academy. Start doing pushups.

We're gonna need way more national guard if we expect them to fill in wherever rich people demand wider profit margins in the years ahead, might as well start training the kids now.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

“I NEED AIR SUPPORT NOW. WE RAN OUT OF COOKIES AND CAME UNDER ATTACK. POSITION IS ROOM 103, FIRST GRADE WING. REPEAR REQUIRE AIR SUPPORT”

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

“I NEED AIR SUPPORT NOW. WE RAN OUT OF COOKIES AND CAME UNDER ATTACK. POSITION IS ROOM 103, FIRST GRADE WING. REPEAR REQUIRE AIR SUPPORT”

reading this in the kindergarten cop voice

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
carbon capture

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Dreylad posted:

carbon capture

They're even already experienced with collecting exhaust samples using plastic bags!

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Dreylad posted:

carbon capture

into the atmosphere

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Probably for doing murders.

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
im calling in the national guard to moderate the something awful forums

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth
Putting trigger-happy jarheads in postal service, school, hospital, and prison positions with no training

What could possibly go wrong?

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Send the national guard into my rear end

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

vyelkin posted:

im calling in the national guard to moderate the something awful forums

Guardsman sort of have less power than normal moderators. They technically need a command from an officer to even hand out a sixer.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Atrocious Joe posted:

These weekend warriors have been through a lot over the past 2 years.
https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1267087787196645379?s=20

lmfao Israel really does deep training on US cops

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
i would like to make them clean up my fast food mess that i made on purpose

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

This is what happens when they can't fight in Iraq

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
Have then power the United States via exercise bike.

Ziggy Starfucker
Jun 1, 2011

Pillbug
I hope they're deployed to fix my clogged toilet next

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Atrocious Joe posted:

Guardsman sort of have less power than normal moderators. They technically need a command from an officer to even hand out a sixer.

they make up for it by being able to hand out 6ers (6 feet) irl

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

Good soup! posted:

Send the national guard into my rear end

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what rhymes with guard

makes you think

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007