Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
i delete most of my email and i did a big export + purge years ago so it actually wouldn't be hard to get off gmail now if i wanted to but :effort:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

my steam account is still ajones@undergrad.edu

i have a nice short aj.io etc with fastmail, but i dont wanna go to the effort of transferring all my accounts

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

cinci zoo sniper posted:

ive been thinking about that for my one man llc and it’s an annoying chore

its not that hard especially if ur dns is in like aws or something where its easy to config poo poo. im surprised microsoft hasnt started offering office365 w/ domain reg and dns hosting thru azure

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Achmed Jones posted:

my steam account is still ajones@undergrad.edu

i have a nice short aj.io etc with fastmail, but i dont wanna go to the effort of transferring all my accounts

my steam is a yahoo address lol

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Shaggar posted:

its not that hard especially if ur dns is in like aws or something where its easy to config poo poo. im surprised microsoft hasnt started offering office365 w/ domain reg and dns hosting thru azure

it’s not difficult, it’s just a proper enterprise flow and im a 1 man llc with single digit inboxes, which makes it way less effort to do it the hacky way

as for what you’re surprised about, they have some kind of cursed partnership with godaddy, e.g., https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/get-a-personalized-email-address-in-microsoft-365-75416a58-b225-4c02-8c07-8979403b427b - but thankfully that exclusive to private customers

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
what’s a good ad blocker for ios thst blocks preroll ads on youtube ? purify stopped working and half the time i get errors where the video won’t load at all

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
not an app but if open and close the video a few times it will play without preroll ads, it’s slightly faster than waiting

doesn’t help much for mid roll ads

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

16” max will have some kind of turbo

https://www.macrumors.com/2021/10/21/new-macbook-pros-high-power-mode/

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

cinci zoo sniper posted:

it’s not difficult, it’s just a proper enterprise flow and im a 1 man llc with single digit inboxes, which makes it way less effort to do it the hacky way

as for what you’re surprised about, they have some kind of cursed partnership with godaddy, e.g., https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/get-a-personalized-email-address-in-microsoft-365-75416a58-b225-4c02-8c07-8979403b427b - but thankfully that exclusive to private customers

i still dont understand why microsoft hasnt established azure as a domain registrar like aws. it must be a huge pain in the rear end or something

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

does it have a 91 octane tune from the factory or do i have to flash one

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

bump_fn posted:

what’s a good ad blocker for ios thst blocks preroll ads on youtube ? purify stopped working and half the time i get errors where the video won’t load at all
I use AdGuard. when you go to YouTube you need to go to the share icon and tap the Block YouTube ads option, since iirc it can't load beforehand.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

upgraded from iphone 8+ to a 13 and its a really nice phone.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
welcome to cool phone land! yes they are good.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
yeah a jump of 5 phone is night and day

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

haveblue posted:

pictured above: mr. nice, after unboxing his new iphone 13

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

bump_fn posted:

i gave up trying to find a reliable solution and just paid for the ad-free plan

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

the ads are served from the same servers as regular videos and don't have any obvious markers in the urls. you just upload a normal video and tell google where it is.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

FMguru posted:

pictured above: mr. nice, after unboxing his new iphone 13

i miss my button but everything is so fast. the notch is fine. the cameras are loving incredible.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

akadajet posted:

i gave up trying to find a reliable solution and just paid for the ad-free plan

worth it imo especially because i personally want the videos we watch to get a penny here or there

the “free” music sub is a nice bonus at that level. their one show based on jumper had a good first season though i didn’t watch the second.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

it is totally worth it to not have ads on my tvs YouTube client. ads suck

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
i updated my ipad to ios15 and i cant open mail.app without it forcing me to answer the new psuedo spam preventer question what do i answer, no ?

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

haveblue posted:

I went from 7 to 12 and it just feels incremental to me. but I don't use a lot of features

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Mr. Nice! posted:

upgraded from iphone 8+ to a 13 and its a really nice phone.

i went from a 5 to a 1g se and holy fuckin poo poo

i actually got complimented on it this week

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

graph posted:

i updated my ipad to ios15 and i cant open mail.app without it forcing me to answer the new psuedo spam preventer question what do i answer, no ?

private relay? all it’s doing is downloading image attachments through a proxy for your iCloud mail account so tracking pixels don’t work. just say yea?

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
the new pros are a big ripoff if you just want to run monitors
got 2 monitors? that'll be $2000
got 3 or 4 monitors? that'll $2900 hope you wanted 32GB of ram as well

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
if you have to drive 4 monitors off 1 laptop you're probably doing it for work so expense it/get IT to buy it for you

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

haveblue posted:

if you have to drive 4 monitors off 1 laptop you're probably doing it for work so expense it/get IT to buy it for you

they would rather get mad at tim crapple

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
on the old intel you could drive 2 monitors for 1800 and 4 monitors for $2400, a $500 increase to run 4 monitors

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

mediaphage posted:

worth it imo especially because i personally want the videos we watch to get a penny here or there

the “free” music sub is a nice bonus at that level.

same and same, though i mostly buy new music off bandcamp now anyway

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

Perplx posted:

on the old intel you could drive 2 monitors for 1800 and 4 monitors for $2400, a $500 increase to run 4 monitors

mate

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010

akadajet posted:

the ads are served from the same servers as regular videos and don't have any obvious markers in the urls. you just upload a normal video and tell google where it is.
there must be something different cos ads always play flawlessly for me even when actual content buffers or plays in like 120p

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Perplx posted:

ok

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i think you can daisy chain thunderbolt 4 but i don't think i've ever seen a monitor that has thunderbolt out

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Achmed Jones posted:

i think you can daisy chain thunderbolt 4 but i don't think i've ever seen a monitor that has thunderbolt out

i've only ever seen thunderbolt daisy chains in youtube videos explaning its possible. never seen it in "the wild"

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

welp. at first I thought spatial audio didn’t really do poo poo but today I turned my head

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Silver Alicorn posted:

welp. at first I thought spatial audio didn’t really do poo poo but today I turned my head

when i still lived at home, the first like 5 i listened to 4 by aphex twin theres a moment where it sounds like my dad is calling my name from downstairs so id turn down and go "yea what?"

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

lol

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

Stringent posted:

ooc, why does it matter how soon you get it?

it doesn’t obviously, I’m just entitled and immature and want instant gratification dammit

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

every now and then I'll see someone wearing those really expensive apple headphones in the gym and I keep thinking that's a good way to make nice headphones really manky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

I've tried wearing airpods in the gym but they really drown out everything and I really feel like I need to hear the weights clanking for situational awareness. I just put up with the lovely gym music.