Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
We really need to see a flip to get more info. I don’t really think nep nep and meen are pulling a scum gambit but it would be a way to confirm one person if we lunch the other. I’m also fine with deadmeat or she’ll. The zombies are really tripping me up. Wish we could see their real flips

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Toalpaz posted:

Of course he could have really been trying to kill me, I jailed myself n1 and grandi n2.

If you are the only missing blocking role. That means deadmeat is lying about their N1 target. Coupled with their evolving claim...
Another option is another blocking role in addition to yours and Shell's. Or a redirector that redirected deadmeat to toal, or redirected toalp to deadmeat.
A redirector or busdriver makes some sense with OA's death if Iggy bodyguarded them. But I think the actions make sense without it.
But if deadmeat was the N1 killer, why claim blocked instead of just saying nothing. The whole claim of deadmeat makes no sense to me, how it was a block claimed without pressure on a night with no kill. Why would scum volunteer that?
That he claimed to went to visit B and was stopped. Why claim the wrong target, especially if the action did fail?
That he claimed to give someone something for no reason? He claimed that it was misdirection.
That he claimed he went to visit Nep, which he has stood by? If this is also a wrong target because Toalp was the actual target and jailed themselves, causing the block, why the lie again? If he was already lying about targeting someone, why change the lie?
Then his claim evolved again to hiding behind someone only redirecting kills to them, rather than all actions. This one I think is the most reasonable, a newer player wouldn't have known that hiding behind is a variant of hider and not the normal, and only stopping kills rather than all actions is also a variant.
Moving on from that, If toalp's jail stops all actions from targeting (it does, because it stopped Maer from targeting me), rather than just stopping killing actions, that is how I would expect a hide behind in the same game to work. Having two roles in a similar sphere not acting the same in the same game is ringing all sorts of alarm bells.

##vote deadmeat

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
If you've seen army of the dead my last action tonight will be pushing one unlucky feller into the vault saving them from OA and Sandwolf

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

##vote deadmeat rooolling staaaht!

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

meen if you're scum this play sucks, i'll get you I swear I will.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Grandicap posted:

Then his claim evolved again to hiding behind someone only redirecting kills to them, rather than all actions. This one I think is the most reasonable, a newer player wouldn't have known that hiding behind is a variant of hider and not the normal, and only stopping kills rather than all actions is also a variant.

listen i like your conclusion and i'm fine with this... just saying you effectively are a re-director for only killing roles as claimed.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Well poo poo.

Sorry Bif, I tried.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Well I think THAT'S a confession.

##Vote: Deadmeat

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Well poo poo.

Sorry Bif, I tried.

when you go out on a cliffhanger like this you have to hammer yourself cause it might be hours before town puts you out of your misery.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Toalpaz posted:

listen i like your conclusion and i'm fine with this... just saying you effectively are a re-director for only killing roles as claimed.

I guess, but it's so super corner casey that I'm putting my role squarely in the vanilla category.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: "For twelve years you have been asking, who is Deadmeat5150? This is--" gunshots

Votecount for Day 3
With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is October 24th, 2021 at 4 a.m. CEST -- that's in about 9 hours, 19 minutes.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
:rip:Deadmeat5150, Faust (Scum-Aligned Ninja Rolecop) was lunched Day 3. :rip:

quote:

At night, you can investigate a player to find out what their role is.

If you perform the night kill, your attack will neither be seen or count as a visit.

You can talk to your scum-team at any time.

Your goal is to be uncontestably in control of the vote.

---

It is now Night 3.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Deadmeat5150 (6): Nep-Nep, b-minus1, Toalpaz, Shellception, Bifauxnen, Toalpaz, Bifauxnen, Grandicap, Toalpaz, PlasticAutomaton
b-minus1 (1): Maerlyn, Toalpaz, Maerlyn, Toalpaz, Shellception, Shellception, Bifauxnen
Ignatius M. Meen (1): Maerlyn, Toalpaz, Toalpaz, Toalpaz, Toalpaz, Toalpaz, Toalpaz
Maerlyn (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen
Toalpaz (0): Deadmeat5150, Deadmeat5150
Bifauxnen (0): Toalpaz, Toalpaz
Shellception (0): b-minus1, b-minus1
Nep-Nep (0): PlasticAutomaton, PlasticAutomaton
Execute No One! (0): Toalpaz, Toalpaz

Not Voting (3): Deadmeat5150, Ignatius M. Meen, t a s t e

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is October 24th, 2021 at 4 a.m. CEST -- that's in about 9 hours, 15 minutes.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
Toalpaz was turned into a Zombie Night 3.

Sandwolf, Projekt Red (Town-Aligned Tracker) was killed Night 3.

quote:

At night, you can track a player to learn who they visited.

Your goal is to get rid of all those who would threaten the town.

---

It is now Day 4.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Not Voting (9): b-minus1, Bifauxnen, Grandicap, Ignatius M. Meen, Maerlyn, Nep-Nep, PlasticAutomaton, Shellception, t a s t e

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is October 27th, 2021 at 4 a.m. CEST -- that's in about 2 days, 16 hours.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Well I think THAT'S a confession.

##Vote: Deadmeat

Lol I think that's who came up with the line

##vote Plastic

With Nep so early on Deadmeat I'm inclined to believe them now, and extra suspicious of Plastic who was pushing for them instead. Plastic was also vagueposting a lot about how "he has reasons to believe I'm town" making it sound like he had helpful night action data and poo poo, and like that was also informing his read on Nep and Meen, but when pressed he didn't claim poo poo and it turned out to be basically "well they look sus! Those are my reasons!"

I need to go look back at D2 though and see who all helped move things on from Deadmeat while I was asleep that time.

Grandi I humbly apologise for the vulture comment! (well, for the accuracy of it, anyway, I thought it was pretty funny at least)

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
Alright, so Dead was actually scum, we are making some progress here at least. Dude rolled scum in his second game ever, that's some luck.

Dead's flip is on and it is very interesting, because...

Toalpaz posted:

By the way there is another famous arknights duo that are as iconic as Kal sit and monit3r

Mephistos and Faust. Mephistos gimmick is creating zombies and having his vocal cords cut so idk maybe he's talking thru a voice modulator like meen's gimmick. Which is very cutely executed.

There actually WAS a Faust! (Deadmeat). But if I get it right, lovers die together, and the only unflipped dead today is... Toal. Who I suppose is the nightkill, and not a lovers death, that'd make for a way too convoluted sequence of events (Toal lying about their role in plain sight, dying from the lovers thing, and the NK being missing again). So Dead probably had no lover. Which doesn't mean there is not someone or something making zombies in plain sight, that much is freakin' obvious.

That also clears Nep and Meen from the Mephistos-Faust lovers idea, which I think was what Toal was suggesting there.

Sand's flip is on and he is town. Tbh I was mostly convinced yesterday after he went on and on about his death. That didn't sound like scum, that sounded like a very annoyed vigged townie.

Also, people dying at night keep becoming zombies, while executions, both town and scum, flip. That's interesting. Who suggested that there could be some kind of mass action taking place at night?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I wish we had an Obama flip too, but looking over his posts now I feel like he's more likely town as well, killed to eliminate a legit gunsmith claim.

Presumably the Sandwolf flip is from Taste. But I don't entirely trust Taste rn, especially with Sandwolf being proven town after all, cause that story of "oh I recharge if I hit scum, but also if I hit a zombie, even though Sandwolf only became a zombie after I shot him" kinda smells. Maybe he's an SK who was capitalising on this zombie menace to try and look too valuable to town for us to lunch, and if he runs out of zombies to shoot he'll start holding back to try and coast on his established cred as the helpful town vidge/zombie clearer.

But I don't think that's worth pursuing today
If Taste continues to perform his role as zombie clearer we can wait it out for now and give him a chance in the meantime. Just want that noted for later.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Need to have a real hard look around the deadmeat push a few days ago, it just suddenly died for very little reason. I can’t actually remember who was pushing for it and who led town away.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

I am also suspicious of taste because I have mod confirmation that I am still town despite being a zombie so him shooting twice makes no sense

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

Bifauxnen posted:

I wish we had an Obama flip too, but looking over his posts now I feel like he's more likely town as well, killed to eliminate a legit gunsmith claim.

If we are going by math, either NK went missing N2 and some unknown, unclaimed entity killed OA, or OA should be the NK on N2. The other dead party then was Sand, and I don't think Taste would just come and say "yeah I shoot Sand" as scum, tbh. So not a 100% result (weirder poo poo has happened) but I do feel pretty confident about OA as town.

I still don't get how Taste's recharging work. If he only gets shots when hitting scum or zombie, and Sand was not scum, how should he have the recharge thing ready? I am a tad lost there.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Yeah I don’t think taste is scum as two night kills two nights doesn’t really add up. Could be sk like bif said or he lied about his role for some reason?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

It's not worth dwelling on too much rn, could give scum a distraction to focus on. Just something to keep in mind if Taste is still around in endgame.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Sandwolf was a strange scum (?) kill. But ok good. I’m willing to admit that Obama is probably town.

I think we can really narrow things down today.

Deadmeat said bif was scum so we should obviously start there.

In all seriousness, I’m putting the following people in my town/not scum list
Obama, meen, nep nep, toal, she’ll, toal, And me

That leaves plastic, Taste, bif, grandi. Would vote in that order

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

b-minus1 posted:

Would vote in that order

Well at least you finished strong

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Why isn't Maerlyn in either list, binus :sun:

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Oh yeah. Add Maerlyn to the would vote list

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
With regards to deadmeat's vote losing steam d2.

Maerlyn posted:

I do have second thoughts though too because if he were scum why would he be asking in thread about his night action?

Bifauxnen posted:

Man idefk
why would Meen say all that poo poo either
Why do any of us do the dumb poo poo we do

Toalpaz posted:

unvote dead meat you bleps

I followed with the first unvote after, then circl was after me. Rather than unvotes some other votes just were moved in more natural ways to other players. Between Toal, who despite lack of flip probably was town, myself and circl, I think we just kind of got off the deadmeat vote in a way that wasn't engineered by the scum team. If there were scum on the deadmeat vote otherwise at the time, they would have moved on later without looking weird for it.

Bifauxnen posted:

Goddamn you taste I wanted to vote binus

##vote Taste

This is just a single example of a later moved vote, not calling any particular attention to it as the reason for voting taste here in context was sensible. Maerlyn's question made me doubtful too because it got me thinking hey deadmeat's a newer player, maybe that's the right thinking, but in hindsight it's like "well of course he could ask those questions in thread naturally, but also ask them in thread as camouflage."

In conclusion I think the voting actions are less to go on in this exact situation and more the posts by Bif and Maerlyn. Either of them could have made those posts to inflict those of us on the deadmeat vote with self-doubt, but just as I ultimately led myself astray it's possible those two were having similar thoughts. I will say in bif's favor that bif was the one who initially caught deadmeat's lie and called it out in the first place.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Sandwolf being town is really surprising to me, so I'm gonna have to reassess a number of things in light of that reveal.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Worth noting that that does mean that sandwolf's n1 result is legitimate and I don't exactly know yet what to make of that.

Another thing, deadmeat was around at end of d2 and jumped on the b-minus vote pretty easily. That vote count got pretty high before we went back to circl. Don't think there would've been meaningful cred to be gained from a lurker lunch bus there.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
It’s probably plastic and Maerlyn. Start there first and then reevaluate if the game doesn’t end

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I think I may have messed up the order of these posts when pulling so please consider clicking through for context in case of that.

Maerlyn posted:

No he hasn't said anything yet.

I'm fine with Meen to test the lunchproof and all the other things he claimed earlier. Did Nep ever say if he and Meen are confirmed to each other?

quote="PlasticAutomaton" post="518673052"]
IIRC Nep said "Meen is confirmed as no threat to town." and Meen backed her up.

However, considering the dead OA and Nep's bizarre choice of doc and justification, I really don't believe it.

##Vote: Nep

Let's see if this causes either of them to emerge.
[/quote]

Maerlyn posted:

Nep visiting binus and saying it was because "I thought I was going to die anyway" is odd, if they were doccing binus at least stand by that choice.

I am reluctant if that's the way the votes fall just because of the two meen seems the most unbelievable at the moment and I don't want to bounce a legitimate dr who maybe trusted their partner if it's an unconfirmed masonry.

Maerlyn posted:

##vote meen

I'll put my money where my mouth is

I don't like plastic's vote me on here but I read it as a pressure vote at the time and that's not what this post is about.

Maerlyn was asking about what we claimed, kind of works up to putting this vote on meen, but I don't think the read feels natural. Asking about the details of my claim instead of just rereading my claim feels like this may have been more of a performance. The reasoning for the vote after plastic's answer is also lacking considering that Maerlyn defended me d2 even before I claimed. She was also still doubtful of sandwolf d3, someone I actively pushed for and was also still calling me scummy d3 while he could still talk. But somehow me doccing b-minus was beyond the pale. Also I will point out that if I was scum I would've known that sandwolf was town and probably wasn't lying about not having received a night result for n2, and with watcher and tracker dead could have just made up whatever more palatable visit I wanted.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Oh I messed up the quote from plastic. I'm not fixing it

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

They did get me with a strong kill or bus sob sob

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Who did u empower bif

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Maerlyn posted:

I had a scum feel for Toal yesterday so the little pile on here feels opportunistic.

I think dead needs to say exactly what his actions were and who he targeted.

I don't find any sense about whether Maerlyn still thought Toal was scum at this point or if/how this opinion evolved.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Toalpaz posted:

Who did u empower bif

Taste, lol

I do wanna make sure his kills keep going through if he's on zombie cleanup

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Okay I figured you would say that. Dunno, guessing it's you.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Oh but actually my action failed, so put that on the spreadsheets. Didn't seem to matter though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Toalpaz posted:

Okay I figured you would say that. Dunno, guessing it's you.

Toal I'm still not mad just even more deeply disappointed