Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

jisforjosh posted:

Yeah seeing that in the video, weird that multiple people have said it's a full health revive. Wondering if its in the script that DICE provided and they don't even know what's in their own game or if the build shown is outdated (it is)

Probably just bad assumptions or them missing it in the rush to get their videos out. The fact that Falk's passive is "revive with full health" means that it is highly unlikely that Angel will also do it (unless they have also changed Falk's passive)
Westie was moaning about the very existence of the armour plate as a gadget a few days ago, but says it is "cool" that Angel gives out armour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Is this really necessary though? Do all these characters even need a background? Was anybody concerned about this gender information? I mean, it’s great that it’s being acknowledged and embraced in such a massive production but, is it really relevant in a game where you’re killing people?

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

MMMPH MMMPPHH MPPPH GLUCK GLUCK OH SORRY I DIDNT SEE YOU THERE I WAS JUST CHOKING DOWN THIS BATTLEFIELD COCK DID YOU KNOW BATTLEFIELD IS THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER NOW IF YOULL EXCUSE ME ILL GO BACK TO THIS BATTLECOCK
Inclusion is cool and good. Though I do wish they gave this more thing and backstory than what feels like just a checkbox. That being said inclusion is still good if it's not tokenization

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Robot operator inclusion when?

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

A Terminator battlefield video game would be very cool

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

i think they made one? in like 2005???

edit:
https://www.giantbomb.com/terminator-3-war-of-the-machines/3030-751/

how the gently caress did i remember a game I never even played?? :psyduck:

Eastbound Spider fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Oct 22, 2021

DrBox
Jul 3, 2004

Sombody call the doctor?

Skyarb posted:

Inclusion is cool and good. Though I do wish they gave this more thing and backstory than what feels like just a checkbox. That being said inclusion is still good if it's not tokenization

The story of Battlefield is beautiful. The whole spectrum of humanity can come together, join up in a squad and warcrime the red team.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

DrBox posted:

The story of Battlefield is beautiful. The whole spectrum of humanity can come together, join up in a squad and warcrime the red team other team of Mackays.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Eastbound Spider posted:

i think they made one? in like 2005???

They did. They shut down a 1942 mod that was nifty, and then released a pretty bad ripoff of it.

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

toggle posted:

Is this really necessary though? Do all these characters even need a background? Was anybody concerned about this gender information? I mean, it’s great that it’s being acknowledged and embraced in such a massive production but, is it really relevant in a game where you’re killing people?

In my military war shooter, it's absolutely essential I know whether the soldier has a penis or a vagina, what gender they identify as, and which genders they prefer to insert or be inserted by their penises or vaginas.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

jisforjosh posted:

The story of Battlefield is beautiful. The whole spectrum of humanity can come together, join up in a squad and warcrime the other team of Mackays.

et tu Mackay?

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

afkmacro posted:

How many BOINS is that?

24.99 worth of BFCarboncreds. BOINS will only be used for exp boosts.

BeeSeeBee
Oct 25, 2007

Mackay just looks like a tac'd up guy you'd find at a climbing gym, awkward harness/pants bulge and all.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

This reminds me of old TF2 spy vs spy chainstabs

Man there's a setting/story/characters that just worked. With proper silhouettes for classes, loudout, and disposition!

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

put *clap* more *clap* furries *clap* in *clap* my *clap* murder *clap* game!!!!!

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Give us some REAL wookie suits dice

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

toggle posted:

who cares just let everyone have a video game hero they can relate to

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
My favorite Operator from Battlefield 1 was Joseph Stalin

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Propaganda Hour posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GK2GUxOnjDQ :ussr:

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Propaganda Hour posted:

The Adolf Hitler skin for Passchendaele was a questionable, albeit historically accurate, addition

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Unpopular opinion; 32 to 48 players are the best player numbers for a battlefield game. Anything over that just devolves into chaos.

jisforjosh posted:

The Adolf Hitler skin for Passchendaele was a questionable, albeit historically accurate, addition

But for BF5 i felt it was tasteless :rimshot:

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Speaking of battlefield bucks, was it ever confirmed if the ones from BFV will carry over?

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Fishy Flip posted:

I'm keeping my pre-order. I just can't stand fence-sitting on a game I know I'm going to play anyway. I have mixed feelings and some criticisms about BF2042 but I still feel like it has the potential to be a good game at some point, even if it's not quite there on launch day. And because there's been such a wide range of divisive opinions on the beta (some I agree with others I don't), I don't feel like I can rely on the broader internet consensus or even this thread to get an idea about the state of the game and if I'll enjoy it or not. This is a game I just have to play myself on day 1 to know how I feel about it. It's quite possible that I'll get burned and this game will truly be bad, and it never gets better. Jokes on me then I guess.

:dice: .txt

Philman
Jan 20, 2004

VulgarandStupid posted:

Robot operator inclusion when?

I don't think they make non-binary robots

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

The Kins posted:

Cliff's Notes:

• "Show Map" key and Commrose will be present at launch, though Map key might not make it into Early Access start due to performance issues.

am i understanding correctly here that opening the map will not be implemented by the time the game launches for people who preordered, for performance reasons?

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Speaking of battlefield bucks, was it ever confirmed if the ones from BFV will carry over?

Without looking I'm going to say, lol no!

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

BBJoey posted:

am i understanding correctly here that opening the map will not be implemented by the time the game launches for people who preordered, for performance reasons?

lmao yes

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Partner loves playing battlefield together and I didn't have the heart to tell her how much I disliked the beta when she got us copies. Welp

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Opening the + System™️ and switching knife attachments on the fly

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

jisforjosh posted:

Battlefield needs heroes its players can relate to.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Sedisp posted:

Partner loves playing battlefield together and I didn't have the heart to tell her how much I disliked the beta when she got us copies. Welp

All relationships require sacrifices some of the time.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

GyverMac posted:

Unpopular opinion; 32 to 48 players are the best player numbers for a battlefield game. Anything over that just devolves into chaos.

Not really an unpopular opinion at all, there's a huge portion of the playerbase that feels the same way including lots of posters in this thread

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Fart Car '97 posted:

Not really an unpopular opinion at all, there's a huge portion of the playerbase that feels the same way including lots of posters in this thread

40 player Operations supremacy

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
All the normal people have left BF1 I think and the only people in the air anymore are guys with 50 ranks in pilot and 100 stars on all their planes

Is this part of a guerilla marketing tactic by dice to push people to 2042?

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

jisforjosh posted:

40 player Operations supremacy

This. It died too young.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Grondoth posted:

All the normal people have left BF1 I think and the only people in the air anymore are guys with 50 ranks in pilot and 100 stars on all their planes

Is this part of a guerilla marketing tactic by dice to push people to 2042?

Nah, if you log into 4 it’s supreme skylords in little birds just grinding you into paste.

pedro0930
Oct 15, 2012
I played a bunch today and I see plenty of sub 50 level players, like maybe half the server.

That said if the enemy has good vehicle player it's going to be pretty miserable if you don't have a group.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Beastie posted:

Nah, if you log into 4 it’s supreme skylords in little birds just grinding you into paste.

At least in 4 I can get away in a stealth jet. It feels like in 1 that an attack plane can shoot down a fighter if they're at least as good as you, while in 4 the attack jets couldn't TOUCH you

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

GyverMac posted:

But for BF5 i felt it was tasteless :rimshot:

Agreed. But the beta felt like it was 12v12 to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Beastie posted:

Sometimes it's also murderboatlords grinding you into paste as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyJA1IoiyIc

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Oct 23, 2021