Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

3 bird with 1 stone, kidnaped posted:

Hello,
So now with the new medical gameplay, i thought about the situation where a player wounded/drugged, getting kidnaped instead of killed, which opens a whole tree of gameplay experience and profit oportunities, for 3 sides.

I thought that it would be the best to allow the player to get out of such situation only by either killing himself, which should be the least desireable outcome, or by getting rescued by the cop/vigilante.

The pirate/criminal, who seeks the action and risk, could enjoy the opportunity of being most wanted(provoking the cops/vigilantes and attracting action is a big thrill when playing the criminal)

The cops/vigilante have a chance of actually doing something heroic that matter and victims would likely to be gratful of(if you decide to play the rescuer it is likely out of altruism, for you to actually enjoy it, your action should really make players in the position to being grateful to you)

The victim player would face consequences which give birth to a unique expiriance packed with tension as he could die and face more unwanted consequences.
Possibly interesting encounters with the criminal or vigilanted, for example the vigilante could transport the victim to a hospital, the criminal and the victim could have some negotiations for release etc..

Now we want to have consequences, we want to have meaning and various expiriences in each player role, so allowing players to simply log off to be saved wouldn't be fair, since the kidnapper could eaisly have killed the victim, and probably gain more profit out of that.
Giving the player the option of killing himself sounds fair aswell, so long the consequences are deterring.

I guess that maybe this is already the plan, since all the systems in the games fit th possability of this experience so perfectly, it's likely to be happening even without me posting this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
House Harkonnen = Fourth Stimpire

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Sardonik posted:

Why would you want to play skyrim in space when new vegas in space exists in The Outer Worlds? Severely underrated game, shouldn't have slept on it as long as I did.

I'm sorry to poop on you but The Outer Worlds is Fallout 3 in space.

Same weapon and armor progression, samey bland locations, fairly uninteresting companions, straight up recycling a few quests from fo3. At least fallout felt like there were stakes, the outer worlds I don't even know what the villains wanted to do, freeze everyone so they wouldn't have to fees the workers somehow?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

twistedmentat posted:

I'm sorry to poop on you but The Outer Worlds is Fallout 3 in space.

Same weapon and armor progression, samey bland locations, fairly uninteresting companions, straight up recycling a few quests from fo3. At least fallout felt like there were stakes, the outer worlds I don't even know what the villains wanted to do, freeze everyone so they wouldn't have to fees the workers somehow?

what

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

The Outer Worlds is a bad game. It's uninspired and boring. Calling it Fallout New Vegas in space is like calling Star Citizen a game you can easily install. If I had paid full price for it and not on gamepass i'd of been really pissed off.

Unless you're confusing the Outer Wilds which is a work of art?

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Oct 23, 2021

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

I have an idea for a game: bad guys, good guys, hmm maybe a victim?

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

Lol this is a meta from Fallout 2.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So you cannot even install Star Citizen without saying the appropriate prayers, anointing with the proper prayers and sooth the machine spirit first? I don't care how amazing your game may be, if you can't install it easily, its not worth it.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
this game doesnt seem very good imo

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

twistedmentat posted:

The Outer Worlds is a bad game. It's uninspired and boring. Calling it Fallout New Vegas in space is like calling Star Citizen a game you can easily install. If I had paid full price for it and not on gamepass i'd of been really pissed off.

Unless you're confusing the Outer Wilds which is a work of art?

This is stupid you are stupid.

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019

Junk posted:

this game doesnt seem very good imo

impossible! it has a $400 million budget and its being developed by 5 studios across the world while also being an independent passion project made with love and care

it can't be bad. it can only be good. if it's bad you're playing it wrong :mad:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

War Wizard posted:

Lol this is a meta from Fallout 2.

IIRC this was a great way to get rid of characters in areas you didn't want to start massive, area-wide combats.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
i havent been following star poo poo in a while

what's a good content that happened lately

Idimmu
Feb 22, 2003

what is a good game

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

This is stupid you are stupid.

Please tells me what makes The Outer Worlds so amazing? Is it the 4 types of enemies, the 6 guns that are pointless because you can keep upgrading the same gun through the entire game. The boring armor, the quests that don't have any point. Or the ones that are straight up lifted from Fallout 3? Yea, the Cannibal Family and the secret murder place are both pretty much just quests from Fallout 3. The fact that the villains are all incredibly stupid? That there is no stakes other than "the company wants to kill you because of...reasons?". Why don't they want that ship that's full of smart people that can fix all their problems to be found and the passengers unfrozen?

I have never been more upset at a game based on it promise. Even more than No Mans Sky or Mass Effect Andromeda.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

twistedmentat posted:

Please tells me what makes The Outer Worlds so amazing? blah blah blah.

He's not saying you're being stupid because the game is good. Outer Worlds is terrible. The dumb part is that you're saying Fallout 3 is bad, and that New Vegas is good.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

How dare you like thing, don't you know I don't like thing???

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

The Outer Worlds was fine? The evil megacorp wants to do evil poo poo kinda hits a little to close to home, but it was fine for what it tried to do.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Frankenstyle posted:

He's not saying you're being stupid because the game is good. Outer Worlds is terrible. The dumb part is that you're saying Fallout 3 is bad, and that New Vegas is good.

Fallout 3 is bad and New Vegas is good.

DoomLazer
Jun 1, 2011
e: wrong tread

DoomLazer fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Oct 24, 2021

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Frankenstyle posted:

How does it feel to be wrong about literally everything?

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Outer Worlds is absolute poo poo though. Employees who miss their targets will be shot haha see what I did there lol so random and yet also an incisive takedown of modern capitalism

Or get this imagine a mad max warlord, right, but actually his name is, get this - The Board of Directors woahhhhhhhhhhhh

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel

Sandweed posted:

The Outer Worlds was fine? The evil megacorp wants to do evil poo poo kinda hits a little to close to home, but it was fine for what it tried to do.

Yeah I mean I'm not saying it's Disco Elysium, but It definitely fully commits to the end stage capitalist farce in some interesting ways. Though admittedly I haven't beaten it yet.

Speaking of end stage capitalist farces, Star Citizen,

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Sardonik posted:

Speaking of end stage capitalist farces, Star Citizen,

This thread is for games, not ponzi schemes.

Lol I thought this was another thread about actual games...

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

People who follow Star Citizen have bad opinions about games
I'm not surprised I'm sure a lot of people are in here because of buyer's remorse or something

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Can’t resist an outer worlds derail.

Outer worlds was ok, not really good, but not especially bad either. It had a few good moments and some humor that worked well. A few of the characters were done well (I liked vicar max a lot) and a lot were boring. The big picture story was dumb yeah, but this is true of so many otherwise good games it’s hardly worth talking about. Like the premise/setting of fallout nv is also absurd and unbelievable but it allows for the construction of a cool world where lots of smaller scale stories that do work well can be told. Anyway, nobody should play outer worlds but if they do it’s still a mostly competent game, just not very memorable or worth playing compared to hundreds of better games they could’ve spent their precious hours of conscious attention on.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Regrettable posted:

How does it feel to be wrong about literally everything?

I guess it like's equal parts integrity and second hand embarrassment.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Frankenstyle posted:

I guess it like's equal parts integrity and second hand embarrassment.

:wrong:

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Ventral EggSac posted:

I have an idea for a game: bad guys, good guys, hmm maybe a victim?

wow, victims? way to be a victimizer, ventral eggsac. ugh, i can't believe you would make victims into victims...

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

twistedmentat posted:

Please tells me what makes The Outer Worlds so amazing? Is it the 4 types of enemies, the 6 guns that are pointless because you can keep upgrading the same gun through the entire game. The boring armor, the quests that don't have any point. Or the ones that are straight up lifted from Fallout 3? Yea, the Cannibal Family and the secret murder place are both pretty much just quests from Fallout 3. The fact that the villains are all incredibly stupid? That there is no stakes other than "the company wants to kill you because of...reasons?". Why don't they want that ship that's full of smart people that can fix all their problems to be found and the passengers unfrozen?

I have never been more upset at a game based on it promise. Even more than No Mans Sky or Mass Effect Andromeda.

This post is dumb.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

New Vegas fantastic. Fallout 3 bad. Out Worlds ok. Outer Wilds pretty drat good. Star Citizen better critic of capitalism gone amok than any of them.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

This post is dumb.

It is very embarrassing

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

New Vegas fantastic. Fallout 3 bad. Out Worlds ok. Outer Wilds pretty drat good. Star Citizen better critic of capitalism gone amok than any of them.

It is very embarrassing

Without even releasing the game! It's a giant hole you dump money into and they promise someday you'll get something out of it

Fallout 3 crawled so New Vegas could blast off at Warp 10.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

What's your opinion on killing someone and using their dead body for storage purposes? posted:

We'll need somewhere to store all of our food, drinks, medicine, and ammunition etc.

Especially with how tedious it is to get boxes that are easily movable, what about using the dead bodies of people we kill which are easy to obtain? (at least in the short term! And long term?)

I don't think this is allowed yet unfortunately, but should it be?

What about using dead bodies like display mannequins that can show off your clothing that you want to sell?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
:psyduck:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

All about fidelity. Except the part where bodies rot, that would be too much fidelity.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
hang on a sec, Star Citizen is still a thing.
well... I guess bitcoin is still a thing

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
They want to be like the serial killers from the Hannibal TV show who made massive art displays out of dozens of dead bodies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Yaldabaoth posted:

They want to be like the serial killers from the Hannibal TV show who made massive art displays out of dozens of dead bodies.

except they are supposed to be making a video game