Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

hear me out. atlanta lumberjacks. they can change it to an axe and still chop stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Atlanta Crackers is the name the team deserves for a multitude of reasons, not least of which is the fact that your racist ownership moved the stadium way out to Cobb ~*for some reason*~.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Cavauro posted:

hear me out. atlanta lumberjacks. they can change it to an axe and still chop stuff

The Atlanta Shinings

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Go Barves :) and the like two people across all of sports media that predicted we wouldnt get swept

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

The Atlanta Action Figures

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Kirios posted:

Why the gently caress are all the Braves posters here doubling down on racism?

Uh, it’s like two people.

gently caress the chop. Go BARVES.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Big Mean Jerk posted:

It’s honestly impressive how you continue to revel in such blatantly racist poo poo without getting perma’d

Sorry cant hear you too busy making plans for game three of the world series.

You know, the one your team isnt in

CHOP

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Wow. You managed to taint the fact that the Dodgers lost by doing this poo poo. Congrats I guess.

Go outside more.

Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

Meet me in the Hall of Fame

R.D. Mangles posted:

the braves literally won 88 games in the regular season, lol

That's fair, and I misread the post and thought they said both teams.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Atlanta Crackers is the name the team deserves for a multitude of reasons, not least of which is the fact that your racist ownership moved the stadium way out to Cobb ~*for some reason*~.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

CHOP

Go outside more.

It's cool and good to make fun of other fandoms for not making the WS. It's not cool and good to be racist. gently caress off.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Buddy, I got news for ya

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Kirios posted:

Why are fans of racist team being racist? Good question.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 minutes!
still can't believe the dodgers juggernaut was taken down by AJ Minter and Tyler Matzek

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Big Mean Jerk posted:

in grand Atlanta tradition, the area the original Atlanta Crackers played in is now hipster gentrified to all hell, so a return to this name works on a multitude of levels.

e: the ballpark had a giant magnolia tree in the field of play that's still there to this day, which is kinda cool.

D.N. Nation fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Oct 24, 2021

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

I miss Turner field :(

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Return the braves to turner field, change their name to the barves, replace the chop with pounding a pbr, go back to the baby blue jerseys.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Tatsuta Age posted:

still can't believe the dodgers juggernaut was taken down by AJ Minter and Tyler Matzek

I'm still amazed Jackson only cost us a single game

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I miss Turner Field too

I do not, however, miss getting out of the parking lot

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 minutes!
I lived in Summerhill like 3 blocks from the ted so I absolutely positively wish they were still there

traffic sucked but fireworks most fridays for half the year was cool

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

HOTLANTA MAN has always seemed to be a racist POS but holy gently caress does he make me want to cheer for the Astros.

STAC Goat posted:

Nothing brings out the worst in people like a Championship run.

Not racism, but I’m still donating to RAINN to this day. gently caress off Chapman.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Really hoping for a ring obv but even if we get swept I'll be super pleased with how this season turned around in such an insane way and can always just say they probably cheated. Freddie needs a ring, damnit!

The Barves weren't even over 500 until August 5th lol

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

SourKraut posted:

HOTLANTA MAN has always seemed to be a racist POS but holy gently caress does he make me want to cheer for the Astros.

excited for their "performative racism" probe to increase to a month this time

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

FizFashizzle posted:

Return the braves to turner field, change their name to the barves, replace the chop with pounding a pbr, go back to the baby blue jerseys.

I am game for this.

Epic High Five posted:

I'm still amazed Jackson only cost us a single game

———————————
I miss Turner Field too

I do not, however, miss getting out of the parking lot

Jackson didn’t cost us that game only because Matzek pitched out of his loving mind, straight up Rick Vaughning an incredible fastball hitter to punctuate it.

He’s washed.

Also yeah getting out of Turner sucked but it wasn’t a reason to build an inaccessible baseball megalopolis in the whitest part of Atlanta while demolishing a 25 year old stadium.

It wasn’t necessary and Turner was great. It was nice being in the city.

Epic High Five posted:

Really hoping for a ring obv but even if we get swept I'll be super pleased with how this season turned around in such an insane way and can always just say they probably cheated. Freddie needs a ring, damnit!

The Barves weren't even over 500 until August 5th lol

After Acuña went down I thought we were done. I think Houston flash fries us but I thought the dodgers would do the same so :shrug:

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

blossommirage posted:

It's kinda ingrained in you as a Braves fan, just like most racist things. I definitely had the urge to post "CHOP" as well, it's like a weird instinct triggered by the time distorting effect of the Braves being good again.

gently caress the chop, ignore the chopper(s), all y'all could really stop falling for one of the most naked trolling operations still left on these forums

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

LeeMajors posted:

Also yeah getting out of Turner sucked but it wasn’t a reason to build an inaccessible baseball megalopolis in the whitest part of Atlanta while demolishing a 25 year old stadium.

Stadium's still there, hosting tens of fans for GSU games and the occasional Foo Fighters.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

elentar posted:

gently caress the chop, ignore the chopper(s), all y'all could really stop falling for one of the most naked trolling operations still left on these forums

It’s just ridiculous that his entire shtick for years has been “lol racism, gently caress you CHOP” and all the mods ever do is slap him with the occasional month-long probe. Just perma him already, this poo poo never changes.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Already seeing dumb conspiracy theories online that MLB is desperate for the Braves not to win after the All-Star Game got pulled this year, so look forward to that blowing up if the Astros do what they should in this series. Or really if anything happens, it's not going to stop stupid people

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Kirios posted:

What the gently caress dude, there's like 10 of us and maybe 2 are doing this

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

There have always been a lot of braves fans on the forums and obviously I don’t post much on this side but they’ve always been chill for the most part.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

D.N. Nation posted:

Stadium's still there, hosting tens of fans for GSU games and the occasional Foo Fighters.

Also, the high school state football championships because Mercedes-Benz Stadium started wanting $Texas money to play there. It's not the prettiest venue for football, but it works.

Also,

https://twitter.com/japatrick200/status/1452137678057742336

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

D.N. Nation posted:

poo poo I somehow incepted myself that they’d torn it down. I haven’t been to ATL in a few years.

Nevertheless,

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Poque posted:

excited for their "performative racism" probe to increase to a month this time

I know he likes to troll, but I feel like there's a difference between trolling and also spouting off racist poo poo.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

SourKraut posted:

I know he likes to troll, but I feel like there's a difference between trolling and also spouting off racist poo poo.

Was just commenting on the description of the weeklong probe they got about a week ago for the same poo poo

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
Well he just ate a ban anyway so can we focus on how cool some of the Braves players are and not what a fuckin' clown one particular guy is? It's still very important that they somehow bullshit their way to a title over the Astros.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I disagree with the ban on the grounds that it robs us of the meltdown we would've gotten when the Astros beat the brakes off of the Braves.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Tony Phillips posted:

Well he just ate a ban anyway so can we focus on how cool some of the Braves players are and not what a fuckin' clown one particular guy is? It's still very important that they somehow bullshit their way to a title over the Astros.

We can't because I need to grasp at straws for reasons to root against America's Team The Barves and not reveal that I'm a horrible person who wants the evil Astros to win

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

I would like the Atlanta Baseball Team to win, thank you. Was gonna be NL either way, but at least ATL has cool players.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Dude, I miss the Ted so much. If you got nose bleed seats you could see the Atlanta skyline from super high up. You probably can't even see the giant chicken from Truist!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

elentar posted:

Already seeing dumb conspiracy theories online that MLB is desperate for the Braves not to win after the All-Star Game got pulled this year, so look forward to that blowing up if the Astros do what they should in this series. Or really if anything happens, it's not going to stop stupid people

Unless McCullers miraculously comes back the Braves have such an edge in pitching I could easily see them winning

It's like the 90s where even though the Astros offense rolled through the league they'd get clamped down by Smoltz, Maddux and Glavine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Looks like I'll be the Astros fan that is confident going into this series. Other than Charlie Morton (which sucks that we have to face him...love him), the other guys seem to have been beatable by equal or lesser line-ups than the Astros. I also think Framber & Gracia continue their recent success. Homefield advantage is huge, since it seems the Braves don't lose at Truist.

MrMidnight fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Oct 24, 2021