Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

That Works posted:

Housing taxes are due every 5 days because Amazon does not want to open the acknowledge the existence of a weekend

lol wouldn’t be surprised if the game studio is on mandatory overtime as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cerebral
Oct 24, 2002

Watermarking stands out among the heap of half-baked design decisions as particularly poorly conceived. Hey, congratulations, you've reached level 60! Every gear drop you get is worthless except for the sole purpose of raising a number you can't see. You'll know you've achieved your goal when you finally start seeing stuff drop that has a GS of 600! For the love of God, don't do any of the endgame dungeons until you've reached that number, because you'll "waste" the drops and have to grind out the mats to make another key if you want to run it again. It goes without saying that any other content in the game, including the lower level dungeons are now worthless for you to do because they don't drop gear that will increase that invisible number.

At 60, I feel like the game actively discourages me from doing anything other than farming the same elites over and over again, and the rewards for farming said elites can charitably be described as unengaging.

I guess I could grind my skills up, but for many of the ones I have left, the grind from 100-200 is just soul-crushing, especially when many people are in the same position and buying mats is expensive and making money is tedious. I've found a decent niche that makes me a little bit of money, but a decent chunk of that goes out to rent and repair bills, and what is left over gets spent buying mats to grind skills. If I decide to flag up and run around, my income will quickly disappear and I will spend it all on repair bills.

I have to grind Azoth in order to quick travel, which wouldn't be terrible, except I can only keep a maximum of 1000 on me at any time. God help me if my faction doesn't control the right Keeps, a quick jaunt to Ebonscale from Brightwood can easily cost me 360+ Azoth, so I'm left playing the true game-within-the-game of inventory management to keep travel costs down.

I used to really like tanking for randoms asking for help in lower level dungeons, but now I don't do that anymore because to do something I want to do, I realize I'm going to have to do something I don't want to do in order to pay for it, i.e. grind Azoth.

This is stream of consciousness nonsense, but I just needed to vent. I really enjoyed this game, warts and all, until I got to 60, but now the game is nothing but warts, and it sucks. It always sucked, but dammit, I was having fun.

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

Ad by Khad posted:

edit: lmfao at the idea we'd want more territory, three is already too much and we're considering dropping one, not adding one

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

cerebral posted:

Watermarking stands out among the heap of half-baked design decisions as particularly poorly conceived. Hey, congratulations, you've reached level 60! Every gear drop you get is worthless except for the sole purpose of raising a number you can't see. You'll know you've achieved your goal when you finally start seeing stuff drop that has a GS of 600! For the love of God, don't do any of the endgame dungeons until you've reached that number, because you'll "waste" the drops and have to grind out the mats to make another key if you want to run it again. It goes without saying that any other content in the game, including the lower level dungeons are now worthless for you to do because they don't drop gear that will increase that invisible number.

At 60, I feel like the game actively discourages me from doing anything other than farming the same elites over and over again, and the rewards for farming said elites can charitably be described as unengaging.

I guess I could grind my skills up, but for many of the ones I have left, the grind from 100-200 is just soul-crushing, especially when many people are in the same position and buying mats is expensive and making money is tedious. I've found a decent niche that makes me a little bit of money, but a decent chunk of that goes out to rent and repair bills, and what is left over gets spent buying mats to grind skills. If I decide to flag up and run around, my income will quickly disappear and I will spend it all on repair bills.

I have to grind Azoth in order to quick travel, which wouldn't be terrible, except I can only keep a maximum of 1000 on me at any time. God help me if my faction doesn't control the right Keeps, a quick jaunt to Ebonscale from Brightwood can easily cost me 360+ Azoth, so I'm left playing the true game-within-the-game of inventory management to keep travel costs down.

I used to really like tanking for randoms asking for help in lower level dungeons, but now I don't do that anymore because to do something I want to do, I realize I'm going to have to do something I don't want to do in order to pay for it, i.e. grind Azoth.

This is stream of consciousness nonsense, but I just needed to vent. I really enjoyed this game, warts and all, until I got to 60, but now the game is nothing but warts, and it sucks. It always sucked, but dammit, I was having fun.

What I find to be a bummer about the two grinds are is that say you get max crafting or max watermark - great you’re crafting at 600 or getting drops at 600. But since nothing guarantees that these items will have good, or even reasonable stat/perk combos, you now have to grind even more to get an item that is actually useful for your build.

At this point I think I’d rather just wait to snipe decent gearscore pieces from the market - even if I’m paying an exorbitant amount of gold it feels more reliable than hundreds of hours of farming. And I do expect that it would be hundreds - I’ve probably done 10-15 hours of various “watermark” farms at this point, between 65 small portals (group portals are still bugged), SM chest runs, SM elite runs, etc, and my watermark for most items is still somewhere between 505-515. Maybe I have just been extraordinarily unlucky, but this poo poo is SLOW.

I really wish I wasn’t bugged with a 25k faction token cap at max rank - I’d probably be happy enough to get the 520 set (which is apparently bis for PvP due to broken perks - resilience applies to all dmg not just crits) and call it a day.

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.

cerebral posted:

So they did manage to make it feel like destiny2 after all.

cerebral
Oct 24, 2002

cosmicjim posted:

So they did manage to make it feel like destiny2 after all.

They wish it felt like destiny2. They're looking up to that level of suck.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Third World Reagan posted:

As far as I can tell, house rent being every 5 days instead of 7 days or a month or a one time purchase is one of their few original thoughts

I don't know if I'd give them credit for original thought for choosing a period that doesn't sync up with anything so no-one can remember when taxes are due.

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

That Works posted:

Housing taxes are due every 5 days because Amazon does not want to open the acknowledge the existence of a weekend
isn't this game practically medieval times or something? the weekend didn't exist til the early 1900s?

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
I think the biggest problem right now is that with 65portals and outpost rush two of the most important pve and pvp endgame activities are turned off.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Biowarfare posted:

isn't this game practically medieval times or something? the weekend didn't exist til the early 1900s?

Kinda, Sunday was the "weekend" back then and church was basically a requirement most places on that day and it was your only day off.

Loiku
Jul 10, 2007
When Outpost rush was up, was it teaming you up only with people of your own faction?

Loiku fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Oct 24, 2021

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Biowarfare posted:

Well there you go, ultra realism in period time on our magic Island.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Can someone from the EU goon group post with that update they wanted? I tried finding it but I'm a bad.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

we dont want CK. we didnt want RS either, and green will probably take it back. we're still gonna have a lot of wars anyway, because that is one of the main features of the game and is how you get new people practiced in low-stakes fights, like the one in weavers just now. one of the new guilds that transferred in to yellow wants to take weavers eventually, and I hope they do.

I helped quite a lot with pushing CK into conflict today, as did others. as did a few goons! good job

Ad by Khad fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Oct 25, 2021

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

the panacea posted:

I think the biggest problem right now is that with 65portals and outpost rush two of the most important pve and pvp endgame activities are turned off.

It's honestly insane that Outpost Rush is still broken. Portals are whatever because there's other PvE content to do but the only form of structured PvP outside of wars has just been broken since launch.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Ad by Khad posted:

we dont want CK. we didnt want RS either, and green will probably take it back. we're still gonna have a lot of wars anyway, because that is one of the main features of the game and is how you get new people practiced in low-stakes fights, like the one in weavers just now. one of the new guilds that transferred in to yellow wants to take weavers eventually, and I hope they do.

I helped quite a lot with pushing CK into conflict today, as did others. as did a few goons! good job

Didn't want it anyway.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Eh, fuckit I've done what I've felt like doing with it so far and I'll add more later.

:siren: New World new thread! :siren:

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Ad by Khad posted:

I don't get you. Just post what you mean. Why keep posting "We aren't doing this" when it happens literally hours after?

Like just talk honestly and I doubt anyone would be much bothered. I don't even play the game but your gaslighting from the beginning has just been weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Anita Dickinme posted:

Eh, fuckit I've done what I've felt like doing with it so far and I'll add more later.

:siren: New World new thread! :siren:

closing this, enjoy your bad Bezos game lol