Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Seems too obvious for one of them to be lying and the other telling the truth so I’m guessing either both are lying or somehow both telling the truth.
And I guess this new guy’s power has something to do with receipts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
I like that propeller head was more formidable than he looked but picked the worse fight he could.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Chapter 163
Viz:
https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/jujutsu-kaisen-chapter-163/chapter/23463?action=read

Shueisha:
https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1010006

Here we go.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
If Higuruma and Itadori are going to fight for real, I wonder if Itadori will inadvertently manifest Sukuna's cursed techniques which was hinted to be something that would happen the longer he and Sukuna share a body. Itadori seems to be bound for some sort of power up soon and this could be an opportunity. It would also be a convenient way for that lightning using past sorcerer to identify Sukuna if he happens to see the two fighting though I'm not sure if he's in the same area.

It seems like too obvious of a setup though

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

yum posted:

If Higuruma and Itadori are going to fight for real, I wonder if Itadori will inadvertently manifest Sukuna's cursed techniques which was hinted to be something that would happen the longer he and Sukuna share a body. Itadori seems to be bound for some sort of power up soon and this could be an opportunity. It would also be a convenient way for that lightning using past sorcerer to identify Sukuna if he happens to see the two fighting though I'm not sure if he's in the same area.

It seems like too obvious of a setup though

I think if Yuji was going to manifest Sukuna's techniques in battle, it would have been during his fight with Mahito. I honestly don't think it's going to happen anymore and Gojo was just wrong.

Also man Higuruma really went through a break and appears to still be spiraling down.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Can't believe it. She looked so trustworthy too.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Megumi Frogiguro: why is the scorpion stinging me!!

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Jerkface posted:

"lol", said the scorpemion, "lmao"

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I can't believe I'm now noticing the scorpion hair. :cripes:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Hypocrisy posted:

Can't believe it. She looked so trustworthy too.

tbh I was so sure they were going for the obvious fake out that this actually surprised me

well alright, the flashback on the guy with itadori made it clear what was happening before it was revealed. but still

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.

MonsterEnvy posted:

I think if Yuji was going to manifest Sukuna's techniques in battle, it would have been during his fight with Mahito. I honestly don't think it's going to happen anymore and Gojo was just wrong.

Also man Higuruma really went through a break and appears to still be spiraling down.

That's a fair point. Just wondering where he's going to go from here since the twin braid guy commented that he seems a lot stronger and more in control of his cursed energy while they were hiding out together.

Scorpion girl's sting = Reggie who's going to bearhug Megumi with all those receipts covered in cancerous toxic BPAs

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

MonsterEnvy posted:

nah that was basically the end of the first act, yuji doing sukuna's stunts is a bigger power spike than that.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I hope Jujutsu beats the poo poo out of this guy.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Patware posted:

nah that was basically the end of the first act, yuji doing sukuna's stunts is a bigger power spike than that.

didn't the author say we're past the halfway point?

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

acts are not always in neatly proportioned sizes

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Electric Phantasm posted:

I can't believe I'm now noticing the scorpion hair. :cripes:

i thought it was a paintbrush :shrug:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's a twist that one of them was actually taken to the right place.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Patware posted:

Yuji is unlikely to encounter opponents stronger then Mahito for a while. Even though Yuji had the advantage of Mahito's most dangerous moves not working on him, Mahito was still strong enough anyway that Yuji required the help of another powerful Sorcerer to defeat him.

The story has been going long enough and Sukuna already has 75% of the Fingers, so I don't think Yuji will get any of his Techniques. Yuji is already noted as having gotten stronger with his energy manipulation and is on the level of a 1st Grade Sorcerer that I don't think he needs it anyway.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Jerkface posted:

I don't think Megumi gives a poo poo. He already warned her, that if she backstabbed him she would regret it.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

MonsterEnvy posted:

I don't think Megumi gives a poo poo. He already warned her, that if she backstabbed him she would regret it.

oh yea hes totally smashing their faces in next chapter, but I thought it was funny that she had a scorpion design and he "trusted" her to take him somewhere and it reminded me of that parable.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
in the parable the scorpion got hosed too.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

"lol" said the scorpion, "lmao"

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

in the parable the scorpion got hosed too.

Yeah it ain't gonna go well for those 2.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
I like that Higuruma didn't get himself a hosed up cursed courthouse, he's just out here at the community theatre soaking in a tub fully clothed.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

it's a twist that one of them was actually taken to the right place.

Amai is still hiding something from Yuji though. Wonder if this might be a trap to get Higuruma tired out from fighting Yuji so Amai's friends can take him out

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm hopin' Megumi stomps the heck out of this duo so we can focus more on Yuji's legal troubles.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Yuji isn't a demonic painting but straight up son of the villain right which is why they like him anyway?

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
It was heavily implied that all but the first death painting are Kenjaku's biological children, Choso and his brothers I think come from the first three of nine.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Jose posted:

Yuji isn't a demonic painting but straight up son of the villain right which is why they like him anyway?

Yes, it was confirmed that he was the big bad's son when Yuji's buds got warped out of the zone. As far as we know, the paintings were a...limited series, I guess, though he is a sibling. Whether or not he did anything special to Yuji, we don't know, we can only guess.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Yuji seems to be his literal son from when he was in a woman’s body while his “siblings” are curse human hybrids with his blood mixed in.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
It was such a good reveal

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

I Am Fowl posted:

Yes, it was confirmed that he was the big bad's son when Yuji's buds got warped out of the zone. As far as we know, the paintings were a...limited series, I guess, though he is a sibling. Whether or not he did anything special to Yuji, we don't know, we can only guess.

I assume Yuji must be genetically modified at least considering he was ridiculously strong even before eating Sukuna

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

https://twitter.com/WSJ_manga/status/1453175614433804289

Jujutsu Kaisen Zero is the one part of the manga I haven't read so I can't wait for the movie. Though even having read the manga, if S2 keeps the quality of S1, I definitely am going to keep watching the anime too.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I wonder if theyll adapt the hundred demon parade or part of it.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

the event happens in 0 so yes but i wouldn't expect them to make a bunch of random fights in it with characters that aren't in 0

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Wanna see more Todo

(Also i completely forgot just how much of the Parade was in volume 0)

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Todo apparently got a character design for 0 meaning his cool fight might get shown.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Trailer for the movie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwgvI22mVDM

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

That part where it switches to first person is sick as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

this series has been getting extremely hxh and I'm into it