Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/MrJacobCohen/status/1452429373412462594

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

https://twitter.com/JJWilliamsWON/status/1452396386398396418

There's rumours in various places about who "Infinito" is, with Bryan Danielson being a popular choice.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I think it's Daniel Bryan, no one has seen that guy in a bit

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Return of the Dazzler

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

needs an immediate feud with Bear Country.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i really, genuinely love the top stars of aew wrestling in masks so that they can do goofy dark matches

i hope infinito does the 'curl into a ball and roll around the ring' spot

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

flatluigi posted:

i really, genuinely love the top stars of aew wrestling in masks so that they can do goofy dark matches

i hope infinito does the 'curl into a ball and roll around the ring' spot

Danielson is versatile enough that if he doesn't want to be recognised under a hood, he can switch up his style and it'd be very hard to tell.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!
Cody also said he didn't care about the name Cody Rhodes and he would always just keep being Cody. Then the second he could use the Rhodes name it was a big celebratory moment and he kept using it.

Rule number one: Cody lies.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Could also be for a goofy Halloween Dark.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Lamuella posted:

https://twitter.com/JJWilliamsWON/status/1452396386398396418

There's rumours in various places about who "Infinito" is, with Bryan Danielson being a popular choice.

That's obviously Eddie Kingston not wearing his husky suit to fool everyone.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Maigius posted:

Could also be for a goofy Halloween Dark.

They'd better let Abadon do something fun for Halloween this year.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

CombineThresher posted:

They'd better let Abadon do something fun for Halloween this year.

She comes out not in makeup

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Josh Alexander vs. Minoru Suzuki is happening in Impact, it looks like.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

what's the deal with abadon and halloween? everyone keeps talking about it

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

The Twitter hand inspectors are on it

https://twitter.com/FtwRad/status/1452469881618800641

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Endless Mike posted:

She comes out not in makeup

She wears flesh colored make-up over her zombie make-up

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)
she comes out doing the regular abadon stuff but she's wearing victoria's banana costume

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
The fact that Cody was doing a Lucha gimmick and it wasn't El Hijo Del Jinete de Medianoche is hugely disappointing.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Fart Radio posted:

she comes out doing the regular abadon stuff but she's wearing victoria's banana costume

Abanana would be an amazing visual if nothing else.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Skios posted:

The fact that Cody was doing a Lucha gimmick and it wasn't El Hijo Del Jinete de Medianoche is hugely disappointing.

lookit this guy that doesn't watch the vlogs

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Davros1 posted:

She wears flesh colored make-up over her zombie make-up

she could do a sid wilson, and get a mask that is an animatronic version of her own face

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhNm6Sy4bzQ

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I'll be honest, that Infinito get up is cool enough I'm almost mad it's not a real gimmick.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Skios posted:

I am all here for Cody doing his equivalent of the Very Mysterious Ice Cream bit.

and for people working fun gimmicks under hoods for dark (or Dark) matches.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Was at AEW last night, Rampage is going to be all over the place

Danielson and Kingston have a loving wild match, Boston got lucky with so many bangers last night. After the match Kingston is asking for a mic but they won't give it to him and he gets PISSSSSSSED, so much so that it bleeds into an interview with Punk backstage

Dante Martin and Matt Sydal have a disappointing match. I mean, its solid, but was probably expecting more.

Britt vs Abadon is pretty.... not good. Two botched table spots and some tack spots that were interesting but pretty slow. But to be fair, Brit may have injured herself somehow(like a stinger?) (The Mark Henry interview bit right before is as glorious as you can expect with Abadon)

TUS fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Oct 28, 2021

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
britt has already apparently been working injured her title run and abadon is not a good wrestler so not a surprise their match wasnt good.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

So if Britt's injured, are we expecting Tay to go over at Full Gear or what

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Venomous posted:

So if Britt's injured, are we expecting Tay to go over at Full Gear or what

no, she's been injured and they've kept the title on her because she's the most over woman on the roster

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

KungFu Grip posted:

no, she's been injured and they've kept the title on her because she's the most over woman on the roster

fair tbh, I really can't refute that lmao, there aren't really any faces on her level right now

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I guess Mox and Eddie are both turning? Maybe tag feud with Danielson and Punk? Punk's been pushing for that team since he came back

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Venomous posted:

fair tbh, I really can't refute that lmao, there aren't really any faces on her level right now

Rosa has got to be the person to take it

NutShellBill
Dec 4, 2004
I AM SPUTNIK'S PARACHUTE ACCOUNT
Does Britt really have a good match outside of that one bloody brawl with Thunder Rosa?

Edit: Legit asking, though she does kinda trigger my internal "skip" button.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

NutShellBill posted:

Does Britt really have a good match outside of that one bloody brawl with Thunder Rosa?

vs. Shida during the Georgia tapings, vs. Kris Statlander

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

NutShellBill posted:

really good workers can put on great matches with her because her basics are solid and her charisma is top tier but it breaks down against women who can't carry the lion's share of the workrate department imo.

I like to compare her to mid 2010s Miz but people like her more and she's probably better at catching people.

Honestly what's more worrying to me than anything is that she apparently keeps getting hurt.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Oct 29, 2021

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
She's been putting on decent matches lately despite working injured. So we haven't seen at her full AEW strength for past couple of months.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

I thought her DoN and All Out matches this year were fantastic, the latter really surprised me (especially since it was Statlander's first big singles match after returning IIRC).

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

IcePhoenix posted:

I like to compare her to mid 2010s Miz but people like her more and she's probably better at catching people.

I agree. She's an OK worker, but not the best by a mile. Let Tay lose. Give it to Thunder. She's the only face I see who is even close to her heat, but she needs time.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

KungFu Grip posted:

britt has already apparently been working injured her title run and abadon is not a good wrestler so not a surprise their match wasnt good.

Britt and Kenny should just both lose the titles at Full Gear, they've both been working while injured for a really long time and both could benefit from time off. I don't think it'd be the worst for Britt to drop the title; not every belt run has to be 7+ months / only get dropped at a PPV.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Britt isn't and shouldn't lose the title to anyone but Rosa.

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

Dr. Britt should certainly only ever lose the belt to Rosa (and probably soon, maybe at the equivalent of “Winter is Coming” this year), but Serena Deeb is swiftly working her way up to “end boss of the women’s division” in my mind and could easily slot in to take the belt off Britt if need be (though Britt would have to pivot to full-face instead of a heel that fans still love).

Just rewatched Deeb/Riho from DoN 2021, and yeah if Deeb can stay healthy she’s a shoe-in for a title reign down the line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Deeb is 100% the heel the womens division needed. Her run with the belt at some point next year is going to be good stuff.