Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
For more than a hundred centuries the Emperor has sat immobile on the Golden Throne of Earth. He is the master of mankind by the will of the gods, and master of a million worlds by the might of his inexhaustible armies. He is a rotting carcass writhing invisibly with power from the Dark Age of Technology. He is the Carrion Lord of the Imperium for whom a thousand souls are sacrificed every day, so that he may never truly die.

Yet in his deathless state, the Emperor continues his eternal vigilance. Mighty battlefleets cross the daemon-infested miasma of the warp, the only route between distant stars, their way lit by the Astronomicon, the psychic manifestation of the Emperor’s will. Vast armies give battle in his name on uncounted worlds. Greatest amongst his soldiers are the Adeptus Astartes, the Space Marines, bio-engineered super-warriors. Their comrades in arms are legion: the countless Imperial Guard, the ever-vigilant Inquisition and the Tech-Priests of the Adeptus Mechanicus, to name but a few. But for all their multitudes, they are barely enough to hold off the ever-present threat from aliens, heretics, mutants—and worse.

To be a man in such times is to be one amongst untold billions. It is to live in the cruelest and most bloody regime imaginable. Yet there are those who rise above those teeming masses, rejecting the conformity and servile nature of mankind. The ignorant call them traitors, heretics, and the damned, but they know themselves as the Disciples of the Dark Gods.

You are a ragtag bunch of sympathetic underdogs fighting the oppressive, galaxy-spanning Imperium a bunch of heretical, vaguely warp-worshipping mercenaries. Your current employer is Suleir bin Entori, a name which most of you simply assume to be fake as par for the course and a few of you recognise as both blatantly false and overly grandiose. Despite the Surgubite Factor’s apparent ego the power and resources expected of a Magister of Q’Sal are demonstrably real, and you now stand ready to do his bidding.

Vaporius is said to be a world of red deserts, gleaming turquoise seas and great cities of copper towers, enamelled domes, and sprawling buildings covered in brightly coloured tiles of glass, metal, and ceramic. The human population of Vaporius is tall, with proud, almost feline features, and eyes of brilliant cyan. They move about their cities in robes of shimmering fabric that subtly changes hue as they move. Rule of Vaporius is reputed to lie in the hands of Priest-Kings who control the distribution of water that is held as a divine force of life.

Far from the Imperium proper, and difficult to access even by the standards of the Koronus Expanse, Vaporius has remained outside the Corpse God’s light. However, an enterprising and pious rogue trader has seen fit to court ecclesiarchal favour by bringinging missionaries to the world and establishing a temple near one of the local cities. For reasons implicitly beyond your pay grade, you have been offered generous compensation in exchange for ensuring that the missionaries’ message does not catch on with the local population.

What are we doing:
Play by Post Black Crusade. No major gimmicks, though being generally human-shaped is probably a good idea. I’ll try to leave room for multiple approaches to most problems, but being able to participate in more than one type of situation is always good.

The crunchy bits:
Material from all Black Crusade books is allowed, as are the Apocrypha fan books. We use Apocrypha revisions and additional content, but not the rules from the Optional Rules chapter of Tome of Atrocity. Content from other 40k RPG books can be discussed on a case by case basis, but will be allowed more freely after the game starts.

100-p point buy, standard starting xp and corruption. Max roll on wounds and infamy.

Standard acquisitions, though you can trade pieces of starting gear for something else of equal or higher availability with a maximum rarity of very rare without spending an acquisition slot. Full use of the trade rules will be allowed after the game starts, but not at character creation. Items of average or higher availability can be assumed to be supplied for free by your employer, within reason.

All core archtypes are allowed, though space marines may want to put some thought into how to be around people. If you really want an advanced archtype, we can discuss a way to let you work the fluff into a weaker character (i.e. either you still have an advanced archtype but with enough mechanical penalties to bring them in line with the standard archtypes, or you have a default archtype but with the special ability replaced with one from the desired advanced archtype), or you can switch over later.

House rules:
Spray weapons jam on a 1d100 roll of 96+, modified by weapon qualities just like other weapons, instead of their usual jamming rules.

Use of the Force weapon quality to trigger a focus power test is a half action instead of a free action. Other bonuses from the Force quality apply as normal.

Daemon launcher weapons use whichever type of ammo they were last loaded with, and can be reloaded with new ammunition types at the weapon’s unmodified base reload speed.

Minion talents used for non-human minions do not require a fellowship score. The infamy requirements remain, and minion loyalty is still dependent on fellowship unless otherwise specified.

Alignment-based area effects caused by player characters treat all other player characters as either unaligned or aligned to the originating character’s patron. NPCs are still affected normally by player effects and vice versa.

If you cross a mutation threshold as a result of gaining Scorn, you can still adjust your mutation roll by your infamy bonus. However, the roll will be made on a WFRP mutation table of my choosing. This applies only to mutations triggered by gaining Scorn.

You start with all weapon training talents required for your archtype's standard starting gear at no additional xp cost. This does not apply to weapon types acquired through starting acquisitions or trade, or to weapon training talents you could have chosen from your starting options but chose not to.

The Recoil Baffling weapon upgrade removes the -10 penalty to full-auto fire instead of its usual bafflingly useless function.

Starting corruption, including from Disgrace, can be distributed however you please.

The Nascent Psyker talent from Tome of Blasphemy grants you 200xp worth of psychic powers in addition the Epsilon Psy Rank and the Psyker trait.

Vehicle-exclusive weapons count as a separate category from normal ranged weapons for the purpose of legacy weapon rules. Use of other vehicle-mounted weapons will not trigger legacy weapon rolls in cases where use of a normal weapon from within the vehicle would be impossible.

The Blue Blood background talent also grant Linguistics (High Gothic).

Minions cannot choose background talents.

Power armour imposes a penalty on Stealth tests equal to the bonus the armour grants to Strength, in addition to any other modifiers to agility tests.

Discord link: https://discord.gg/8AfNEVrP

Waci fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Nov 7, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Walter Irons

I used to farm grox, and they're a lot meaner and tougher than most people. I miss them sometimes. The grox, that is. I've had my fill of people, but I guess they're not gonna stop coming my way. They say that if you can't do what you want, you should do what you're good at. Well, I never wanted to kill people. It's just that I'm real good at it.

They came and told us we needed to raise a regiment along with the meat tithe that year. It was a bad year for grox, lotta mutants and outbreaks in the herds. Maybe that was an omen, I dunno. Regardless, they drew my name at the end of the year. I figured at least I'd get to shoot some xenos and keep my home safe. Well, first place they sent us was one of them big hive worlds. Never seen so many buildings in my life. But we weren't shooting xenos. We were shooting people, ones who were starving while the uphivers ate grox steaks. Not all of us took kindly to that, so one day they brought in the commissars.

One way to kill a grox is with this big gun with a spike in it. You put it on the back of its head and pull the trigger, and the spike punches right into the brain and down it goes. Usually takes a couple seconds for the meat to figure out it's dead, so they'll take a few steps or make a noise sometimes. That's kind of what it's like when a commissar takes a man's head off with his bolt pistol for not using a flamer on a riot. The rest of him took a couple extra steps and then squeezed the trigger, singed the commissar's coat and lit a few of us up like torches. The commissar starts screaming about traitors and waving that gun around. So I tried to calm him down before he did something stupid, and he didn't take that so well, and... well, how is a man supposed to react when there's a bolt pistol going off next to his face? They trained me to kill people. I never wanted to do it, I just kinda saw red. I was scared, and I was angry for the men who died, and I was downright mad for all these people who just wanted a meal.

Next thing I remember I'm pulling my fingers out of his eye sockets, greasy and red. The boys were arguing whether to shoot me before another commissar came along. I figured I was in too far, so I grabbed the commissar's chainsword, and somebody started shooting and it's all just red again. That's been happening to me a lot lately. I hope nothing's wrong with me. I just wanted to live. When it was all done, these big tattooed guys came out of the crowd and grabbed me, said they'd get me somewhere safe. On the way they started saying things about the "touch of the Blood God" and I, I just felt sick and twisted up inside, but in a good way? I don't have the words for it. Something changed in me that day, and I don't know if it's for better or worse. They said they'd been riling up the crowds, teaching them how bad things really were for them, showing them that violence is the only way to change the world. Made sense to me. Wasn't so different from what the Imperium taught me, and at least these guys wanted people to eat.

Of course, it's more complicated than that, I know that now. But I was just a scared kid covered in blood and I wanted to believe what I heard. Once the Imperials really started cracking down we slipped out on a ship. We were, I dunno, like a revolution for hire? People would hire this group to go to worlds and start up cults of skulls and blood, get people riled up and full of hate so they'd turn on the Imperium. And one day I stand up after a fight with some boys from the Inquisition and I find I'm the last one alive. The bossman of the cult, he liked me, he once told me that if anything ever happened I should get to the orbital and ask a guy about a trip to the 13th Station of Passage. And from there, you know how it is. You drift from warband to warband in a place where nothing makes sense and time doesn't flow right, where every planet's a living nightmare that hurts just to remember. One day I hear there's a psyker on Q'sal looking to send people out of the Vortex to stop the Imperium from taking over a planet. I hear that and I think, by the Skull Throne, that sure beats fighting more flies bigger than me in a swamp made of intestines. Luckily he'd already heard of me, because I guess you stand out in a place like this when you don't have a name like Bloodflayer. I think Walter's just fine, and the one nice thing around here is that nobody talks back unless they think they can take you.

Screaming Khorne's name used to make my gums bleed and my head ache, but not anymore. When I do it now, I feel better, stronger, faster. I don't know if any of this is right or wrong. Nothing makes sense anymore. It's all just an endless march from murder to murder. Maybe that's all life ever is. At least I'm good at it.

pre:
Name: Walter Irons
Alignment: Khorne
Archetype: Renegade
Pride: Martial Prowess
Disgrace: Hubris
Motivation: Violence

WS:	50 (20 +5 Pride)
BS:	35 (10)
S:	40 (15)
T:	40 (15)
Agi:	40 (15)
Int:	13 (-5 Pride -4 Disgrace -3 Motivation)
Per:	30 (5)
WP:	35 (10)
Fel:	35 (10)

Wounds: 16 (15 +1 Background)
Infamy: 26 (24 +2 Disgrace)
IP: 2/2
CP: 05

Pride/Scorn:

Khorne 5 (Aligned)

Skills:

Athletics
Awareness
Charm
Common Lore (Imperium, Vaporius, War +10)
Dodge
Intimidate
Linguistics (Low Gothic)
Medicae
Operate (Aeronautica)
Parry +10
Scholastic Lore (Tactica Imperialis)
Stealth
Trade (Technomat)

Talents:

Ambidextrous
Catfall
Double Team
Jaded
Marksman
Quick Draw
Rank & File (Background)
Rapid Reload
Two-Weapon Wielder (Melee)
Weapon Training (Bolt, Chain, Las, Primary, SP, Flame, Launcher)

Traits/Mutations/Other:

The Quick and the Dead: +2 to Initiative Rolls

Adroit (WS): +1 DoS to successes, -1 DoF to failures (min 1).

Gear:

GC Boltgun
Grenade Launcher (Stun Grenades x6)
Laspistol w/ Silencer
BC Mono Chainsword
BC Chainsword
Light Carapace
Light Power Armor
--Horns
-Sustainable Power Source
-Auto-Senses
-Osmotic Gill
-Helmet Augmentations (Preysense, Rebreather, Photovisor, Vox, Microbead)
Recoil Glove
Glowglobe
Medikit
Microbead
Grapnel and Line
Stummer
Dataslate (Annotated Tactica Imperialis)

Acquisitions:

BC Mono Chainsword (+10 Average -20 BC -10 Upgrade +10 Single)
Light Power Armor (Traded Bolt Pistol)
GC Helmet Augmentations (-10 Rare -10 GC +10 Single)

XP/Inf/CP Log:

XP		950/1000

Charm-200
Rank & File-250
Two-Weapon Wielder (Melee)-500
Power Armor Customization (Extra rolls in case of astartes result): 3#1d10 3 2 6

Dachshundofdoom fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Oct 25, 2021

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Jamie Ingor/Flavus Ursis

Jamie Ingor was the child of two Administratum clerks who died during a failed genestealer cult uprising when Jamie was eight. Jamie was then taken as all loyal orphans are and enrolled in the Schola Progenium. Flavus Ursis was born on the Rogue Trader vessel Flintlock owned by the Landzar Dynasty. Born the son of the ship's Senschal, he was introduced to all manner of interesting and forbidden things beyond the fringes of Imperial Space.

At age 10 Jamie was selected by an Ordos Hereticus Inquisitor named Agustus Mane for a project to create infiltrator units. Jamie was exposed to gene and hormonal therapies as well as surgery to prevent the formation of typical biological gender markers for ease of disguise as either sex. Jamie was also exposed to psycho-surgery and deep level programing to resist against interrogation. Flavus found a book on an alien world which hurt his eyes when he read it, but seemed to contain secrets that helped him to advance in the Landzar Dynasty, ultimately taking his Father's place as Senschal of the Flintlock.

In their late teens and early twenties Jamie was used to infiltrate noble houses as workers and servants, to impersonate guards, to go into cover with deviant sects of the Eclisiarchy to expose their corruption for Inquisitor Mane and his kill teams. Jamie was very good at this job. The Flintlock was captured by Chaos Pirates while in the Kronus Expanse. Flavus avoided slavery by being useful to those who ran the ship, providing logistics support as a shadow of his former self. The ship was run by pirates devoted to Tzeentch, who enlightened him on the book he found, and trained him on espionage tactics.

Inquisitor Mane had discovered that forces of Chaos threatened a mission on the Planet Vaporius, and tasked Jamie with their most dangerous assignment yet. To take on the mantle of Flavus Ursis, an identity created to be an Apostate of Tzeentch to infiltrate this Chaos Force and report on what the threat entailed, as well as the natives of the planet Vaporius which included a rather risky maneuver to get the fake Flavus recognized by a very real magister of Q'Sal. Flavus Ursis soon separated from the pirates, and began working to destabilize worlds for various employers, for convoluted schemes to infiltrate and disrupt please Tzeentch, even if Nurgle or Slaanesh ultimately rule the world. He was contacted by Suleir bin Entori to join a mercenary band being sent to Vaporius to disrupt an Eclisiarchial mission.

Suleir bin Entori knows that Flavus is Jamie, or that Jamie is Flavus. Visions brought by Tzeentch informed him of Flavus/Jamie, and offered a small reward in power to the Magister to recruit the spy, promising the Imperial Lackey would become one of Tzeentch's best pawns. For when one has played others for so long, it is easy to lose sight of the mission.

pre:
Name: Jamie Ingor/Flavus Ursis
Alignment: 
Archetype: Apostate
Pride: devotion
Disgrace: deceit 
Motivation: perfection

WS:	30 (25+5)
BS:	35 (25+10)
S:	27 (25+10-5 pride-3 motivation)
T:	27 (25+5-3 motivation)
Agi:	35 (25+10)
Int:	50 (25+20+5 motivation)
Per:	31 (25+10-4 disgrace)
WP:	40 (25+10+5 pride)
Fel:	50 (25+20+5 archetype)

Wounds:  (14)
Infamy:  (24+2 disgrace)
IP: 26
CP:0 

Pride/Scorn:

Skills:
awareness 
charm
command
Common Lore (Administratum, Imperial Creed)
Deceive +20
Scholastic lore (bureaucracy, heraldry, imperial warrants)
forbidden lore (heresy, xenos)
Forbidden Lore (Pirates) +10
inquiry +10
dodge
intimidate
linquistics (low gothic)
Security
slight of hand
stealth
Trade (cryptographer)

Talents:
Air or authority: when making command rolls, affect 10 times fellowship and loyalty of minions +10.
Hatred (Xenos(genestealer cults))
Peer (Schola Progenium)
Total recall: can automatically remember trivial facts and pieces of information.
unshakable will: reroll willpower tests to avoid fear. 
weapon training (las, primary, power)
Disturbing voice: +10 on intimidate tests, but -10 on fellowship with easily frightened. 
mimic: can mimic a voice after one hour of study. -10 scrutiny to hear through it, or no bonus if study was recording instead of in person.  
inspire wrath: can give listeners hatred talent. 
Orthoproxy: +20 to willpower to resist mind control and interrogation. 
Resistance poisons

Traits/Mutations/Other:

The Quick and the Dead: +2 to Initiative Rolls

Serpent's Tongue: Once per session challenging charm or deceive test to gain peer talent, if Fellowship is 55+ can make it peer 2. 
Quarantine breach: one rank in deceive and FL pirates, and resistance poisons talents.

Gear:
common quality power blade
mesh armor
unholy tomes
chaos symbol pendant
Las-pistol with silencer(from patron)
Micro bead (from patron)
Grapnel and line (from patron)
Stummer (from patron)
good quality embeded auspex
Forgery kit

Acquisitions:
Good quality embeded auspex (rare -10, good -10, single +10 total of -10)
Forgery kit (very rare -20, single +10, total of -10)

XP/Inf/CP Log:

XP		900/1000
Stealth known 200
slight of hand known 200
quarantine breach 250
Orthoproxy 250

Werix fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Oct 25, 2021

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
Finally a pbp game! I'm in. I'll make a character as soon as I get home.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
Of the many disciples of the Blood God, Dromedar does not seem to fit the mold at first glance. He stands calm and gazes placidly around him rather than hunch to ready himself for a sudden assault. Nor does he shout incoherently through foam-flecked lips. If anything his voice is softer than most, though it holds ready authority and promises swift retribution if disobeyed. An iron fist in a velvet glove.

Dromedar grew to manhood in the sector surrounding Fenris. His people, the Rus, were said to descend from the Primarch himself. Whether there is any truth to that is moot. It is largely accepted as truth, so fearsome as the Rus are. The youth found himself a warrior and raided in his wordld's autumn to store for the harsh winters. The men and women who raided with him were fiercely loyal to each other and swore blood oaths in each other's names. It was not seen as heresy. Even on Fenris such oaths were sworn. When the black-armored chooser found him among the dead and dying, Dromedar was taken to the Great Father's hall.

He was once a Space Wolf, this much is true. He even bears the telltale fangs of a man of his age, though he does not look it. The old oaths and rituals stayed with him and the battle fury ran hot and pure in his veins. When he found the shrine of the Blood God on some nameless rock of little import Dromedar heard it speak to him of glory and might beyond anything his battle-brothers would ever know. How right it was.

Dromedar does not embody the blind rage of others in Khorne's service. Honor, skill, and victory are his chosen path to ascension. He calculates the price of battle and weighs it against the needs of his god. Every one of his own that falls is rivers of blood never to be spilled in Khorne's name. Dromedar spends his strength wisely and with the greatest return on investment. While his god does not care from where the blood flows, there is yet an eternity in the warp to reap the greatest sacrifice. And even a god can learn patience.

pre:
Name: Dromedar
Role: Chosen
Alignment: Khorne (currently unaligned mechanically)
Pride: Grace
Disgrace: Hubris
Motivation: Perfection

WS:   50 (30+15) [+5 Motivation]
BS:   22 (30+ 0) [-5 Pride] [-3 Motivation]
S:    60 (30+10) [+20 Armor]
T:    40 (30+10) 
Ag:   50 (30+15) [+5 Pride]
Int:  36 (30+10) [-4 Disgrace]
Per:  37 (30+10) [-3 Motivation]
WP:   45 (30+15) 
Fel:  45 (30+15) 

Wounds:   20/20
IP:        2/2
Infamy:     26 [+2 Disgrace]
Corruption:  0

Khorne:     0
Slaanesh:   0
Nurgle:     0
Tzeentch:   0
Scorn:      0

Skills:

Athletics
Command
Common Lore (War)
Charm
Dodge
Forbidden Lore (Astartes)
Forbidden Lore (Long War)
Linguistics (Low Gothic)
Navigate (Surface)
Operate (Aeronautica)
Operate (Surface)
Parry
Scholastic Lore (Tactica Imperialis)
Scrutiny

Talents:

Air of Authority
Ambidextrous
Bulging Biceps
Heightened Senses (Hearing, Sight)
Iron Discipline
Legion Weapon Training
Nerves of Steel
Quick Draw
Resistance (Cold, Heat, Poison)
Sure Strike
Unarmed Warrior

Traits:

Amphibious
Cold Killer
Dark Sight
Unnatural Strength +4
Unnatural Toughness +4

Gifts/Rewards:

Gear:

Legion Power Armor
 - Remnants of Mutation (Winged)
 - Auto-Senses
 - Sustainable Power Source
 - Vox Link
Legion Bolter -> Best Legion Flamer w/ Magnetic Holster
Legion Combat Knife -> Good Refractor Field
Legion Power Sword -> Good Legion Power Sword
*Jump Pack
*Beguiling Gem
*Upgrade Good Legion Power Sword to Legacy
 - Legacy of Conquest
  - Bellicose Pattern
   - Ragged (When I reach 20 Corruption, per Waci)

Experience:              450/500

Ancient Warrior              250
Operate (Aeronautica)        200

--------------------------------

WS    BS    S     T     Ag     Int    Per    WP    Fel  
50    22    65    40    50     36     37     40    45

Wounds: 20/20    Infamy 2/2   Fatigue Level: 0    Initiative: 1d10+5

Ground: 6/12/18/36
Jump: 12/24/36/72
Fly 12 up to 1 minute

SB: 10  TB: 8
Awareness: 37 (57 Sight/Hearing)
Dodge: 50
Parry: 60

Armour: 8 All
Field: 30/1-5

Legion Flamer            20m  S/-/-  1d10+ 9 E  Pen  4  Clip:   6/6     2F    Best, Flame, Spray
Legacy Power Sword     Melee   ---   1d10+18 R  Pen  7  Clip:   ---     --    Balanced, Power Field

Vicissitude fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Oct 28, 2021

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Iphis Rodier Vesci

Iphis was born in the lap of luxury at the highest echelons of the imperium. As a lesser scion, she was more or less free to pursue any idle fancy of hers; and she did. It was during these leisurely days when she discovered her true passion in both mechanical tinkering (under the supervision of the finest magi of course) and the culinary arts (taught by the most renowned chefs in the system of course). She pursued these newfound passions of hers with diligence befitting a noble such as her and threw herself both into studies of the mechanicus and the fierce battlegrounds of the kitchens at the finest establishments in her hive. All in hopes of combining these two fields into something new, something....wonderful. She quickly made a name for herself, both due to her skills and her noble family. Unfortunately, her family found her newfound passions too low brow for their esteemed status and demanded her to stop tarnishing their noble reputation with such lowly work. Luckily, her Magi teachers were more than happy to welcome her into their order as an escape from the mounting pressures, and Iphis was happy to accept and leave for Forge World Hebeto.

Sadly, the Mechanicus did not live up to her expectations. They were more focused on turning themselves into dull, unfeeling, machines instead of using the machine spirits to enhance life. She fell into a routine of going through the motions required by the mechanicus and sneaking away later to participate in underground restaurants and cooking competitions for like-minded mechanicus. It was there she encountered the most delicious dish in her life, so incredible it defied words. She immediately demanded the name of the chef, and after a long and arduous investigation, she discovered it was a dish by the arch-heretek, Chef-Magos Ramsey, ruler of Forge Staurant. Without any hesitation, Ibis immediately swore her eternal loyalty to the Arch-Magos in exchange for knowledge and training at Forge Staurant. Of course, there her skills were no longer exceptional. Starting back at the beginning as an apprentice, Iphis looks at the long road ahead of her to true mastery with eagerness.

Becoming a psyker is just part of her ambition to become a master chef, but the rituals to make one a psyker do not give any training whatsoever. Forge Staurant is quite permissive and encourages adherents to go out and take apprenticeships to improve their skills, and Iphis is here to do just that.

pre:
Name: Iphis
Alignment: Slaanesh
Archetype: Heretek
Pride: Craftsmanship
Disgrace: Gluttony
Motivation: Innovation

WS:	  32 = 25 +10 -3
BS:	  22 = 25 -3
S:	  30 = 25 +5
T:	  30 = 25 +5
Agi:	  33 = 25 +10 +3 -5
Int:	  56 = 25 +20 +3 +3 +5
Per:	  40 = 25 +15
WP:	  40 = 25 +15
Fel:	  45 = 25 +20

Wounds: 17=12+5+2-2
Infamy: 25=19+5+1
Corruption: 2

Praise/Scorn:
Slaanesh: 2
Scorn: 

Skills:
Common Lore (Culinary, Imperium, Adeptus Mechanicus, Tech)
Linguistics (Low Gothic, High Gothic)
Trade (Chefinarian)
Logic
Tech Use +10
Dodge
Scholastic Lore (Chymistry)
Forbidden Lore (Xenos)
Charm

Talents:
Die Hard
Technical Knock
Weapon Training (Las, Primary, Shock, Power)
Mechadendrite Training (Utility)
Total Recall
Weapon-Tech
Lesser Minion of Chaos
Enemy (Adeptus Mechanicus)
Epsilon Psy Rank
Blue Blood (+5 to Acquisition tests)
Peer (Planetary Governors)

Traits:
The Quick And The Dead
Mechanicus Implants
Unntarual Intelligence +2
Binary Chatter
Psyker

Gifts/Rewards:

Psychic powers:
Precognition
Glimpse

Cybernetics:
Good Cerebral Implants (+20 to Logic and Lore tests)
Good Servo-arm (Strength 75, Unnatural Strength +7, 2d10+14 I, Pen )
Utility Mechadendrite
Ferric Lure Implants
Mechatendril (+5 to all crafting tests)

Gear:
Best Craftsmanship Meringue Torch (Flamer) (Given to Robowaiter)
Good-Craftsmanship Kitchen Knife (Power Sword)
Extra-protective Apron (Light Carapace Armour)
Oil Splash Guard (Refractor Field)
Cooking Oils (Ligature Oils)
Combi-tool
Dataslate
Psy-focus
Alcohol (employer)
Recaf (employer)

Acquisitions:

1: Mechatendril (Very rare -20 single +10 = -10)
2: Refractor Field
Best-craftsmanship Lascarbine - > Best-Craftsmanship Flamer
Common-craftsmanship Power Axe -> Good-craftsmanship Power Sword
Psy-focus (employer)
Average-craftsmanship Alcohols (employer)
Recaf (employer)

XP 1000/1000:
Nascent Psyker -750
Blue Blood -250
Robowaiter 1000

Please have a snack, you wouldn't want to disappoint poor Robowaiter would you?

Iphises beloved mechanical helper, both as a sous chef and a waiter to deliver delicious, cooked-to-order meals and refreshments to any guests Iphis may be hosting. Like any good helper, Robowaiter is equipped with a cute and bubbly personality and will be extremely sad if you turn down it's offerings. What is going on in it's little head? Is it made with good ole imperial technology? Or is it filled with the dark secrets of the heretek? Iphis will never tell you.

pre:
WS:	5 	= 10 -5 
BS:	5 	= 10 -5
S:	7 	= 
T:	13 	=
Agi:	16 	= 11+5
Int:	17 	=
Per:	18 	= 
WP:	8 	=
Fel:	14 	= 9+5

Wounds: 2

Skills: 
Trade (Culinarian)
Charm
Language (Low Gothic, High Gothic)
Dodge

Talents:
Weapon Training (Flame)
Mimic
Cold-hearted
Frenzy
Lightning Reflexes

Traits:
Hoverer 4
Machine 2
Size 2

Equipment:
Best Craftsmanship Meringue Torch (Flamer) (From Iphis)
Best-Craftsmanship Robo-Tuxedo (BC Quilted Vest) (+5 to Charm, AP3 body)
Medikit
Alcohol (employer)
Recaf (employer)

Xun fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Oct 31, 2021

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Xun posted:

I will not be a maximum psyker this time i promise

Imgay

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

Osseus 49/9-Z

The Heretek now called Osseus didn't much care for being alive. Thwarted at every turn by pointless sensations, slow-to-adapt flesh, and worst of all, traditions, humans had very few redeeming qualities. The only one he'd ever found worth anything was the fact that their minds were occasionally lucid enough to transcend their animal instinct. It was easy enough to convince the Mechanicus to augment his body with superior electrical and steel components, but harder to convince them to remove the human frailty. It was only when he had the honor of removing the decaying gray matter in his skull that he finally felt free.

It was merely days after that when he first encountered an alien mind of the warp, a beautiful thing, thinking, but unburdened by life. A week before he invited its corruption, bathing in the glory of clarity, and a month before he turned the last of his brethren into a servo-skull guardian and stowed away on a ship destined for the Koronus Expanse. Earning enough to continue his transhuman experiments wasn't easy, but bounty hunting is lucrative work, and Osseus is both patient, and keenly attuned to the weaknesses of all things - and how to exploit them. Suleir bin Entori has certainly found his services, and lack of ego, useful.

pre:
Name: Osseus 49/9-Z
Species: Human
Career: Heretek
Pride: Logic
Disgrace: Deceit
Motivation: Arcane
Alignment: unaligned/Tzeentch

Characteristics    
total = starting + pbuy + adv + arch + pride + disgrace + mot
WS : 25   = 25 + 0 +    +    +
BS : 45    = 25 + 20 +    +    +
S : 22[32] (3)  = 25 + 00 +    +    -3
T : 40 (4) = 25 + 15 +    +    +
AG : 45      = 25 + 20 +    +    +
INT : 57 (7) = 25 + 20 + 0 + 5 + 7
PER : 16     = 25 + +    +    -9
WP : 40      = 25 + 15 +    +    
FEL : 35      = 25 + 10 +    +    +

Infamy: 26
Corruption: 4
 Khorne   : 0
 Nurgle   : 0
 Slaanesh : 0
 Tzeentch : 4
 Scorn: 0

Wounds: 17
TB: 4
Armor: 11 all including Machine 4
Initiative: 1d10+10

Skills:
[+20 to Logic and all Lore from Cerebral Implants]
[+10 to Tech Use, Pilot, Drive, Logic, Inquiry, WS from MIU]
Common Lore - Koronus Expanse [+20 total]
Common Lore - Imperium [+20 total]
Linguistics (Low Gothic)
Trade - Armourer
Logic [+30 total]
Common Lore - Adeptus Mechanicus [+20 total]
Common Lore - Tech [+20 total]
Dodge
Parry
Tech Use +20 [+40 total]
Forbidden Lore (Archaeotech) [+30 total]
Scholastic Lore (Astromancy) [+20 total]

Talents:
Die Hard
Technical Knock
Weapon Training (Las, Primary, Shock)
Weapon Training (Plasma, Power)
Exotic Weapon Training (Razor Web)
Mechadendrite Training (Weapon)
Total Recall
Weapon-Tech
Lesser Minion of Chaos
Reforged in Steel
Combat Formation
Bulging Biceps [Skeletal Petrifaction]
Iron Jaw [Skeletal Petrifaction]

Traits:
Unnatural Intelligence +2
The Quick and the Dead
Mechanicus Implants
Binary Chatter
Machine (4) - Don't breathe, immune to cold, vacuum, mind-influence

Mutations:

Gear:
Best-Craftsmanship Lascarbine
Razor Web Blaster, Noxious Discharge
Power Axe
GC Cerebral Implants
GC Dendrite Blade (4)
GC MIU
Mechanicus Assimilation (4)
Black Blood
unholy unguents
combi-tool
dataslate
Luminen Capacitors
Light Power Armor - Power Supply Tampering https://orokos.com/roll/919200
Sustainable Power Source
Auto-senses
Vox Link

Acquisitions:
Trade Utility Mechadendrite for 4x Mechanicus Assimilation
Trade Light Carapace Armor for Skeletal Petrifaction
Light Power Armor
Razor Web w/ Noxious Discharge
(GEAR FROM PATRON TBA)

Advancements (1000/1000):
EWP - Razor Web
Reforged in Steel
Combat Formation

Minion - Protector Skull Null

WS    : 01
BS    : 30
S     : 05
T     : 20
AG    : 01
INT   : 30
PER   : 05
WP    : 07
FEL   : 01

Traits: Auto-stabilized, Hoverer (4), Machine (2)
Talents: Total Recall, Rapid Reload, Unremarkable, Technical Knock, Weapon Training
Skills: Inquiry, Tech-use, FL Archaeotech, FL Warp
Gear: Grenade Launcher w/ Fire Selector
          Reinforced Plating (Guard Flak Armor, AP6 with machine)

Infinite Karma fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Oct 28, 2021

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
Aristotle

The moon of Verecunda doesn't have much going for it. Its surface is comprised almost entirely of low quality quartz, and its location on the edge of the Koronus Expanse has meant it had largely been viewed as worthless to the Imperium. This worthlessness has, of course, made it quite valuable to those who live outside of the Imperium. Over a century ago, desperate pirates made the decision to set up an outpost on the moon. The outpost never flourished until those pirates decided to use it to host a series of gladiatorial games. The games were a success and quickly became a regular occurrence. This brought the interest of many who live on the fringes of the Imperium and beyond, and the games grew into an annual spectacle that draws crowds from across the fringes of the Expanse and beyond. Gladiators compete for glory in an orgy of violence that lasts for weeks. Equally prestigious is the competitions between flesh-shapers, hereteks, xenos traders and the wealthy for bragging rights as their stables of fighters duke it out in arenas of blood-soaked quartz crystal.

Experiment 33a started his life in slavery, an ogryn bred to fight in the arenas. He was skilled enough to survive, but never would have become anything more than fodder, were it not for his owner. A heretek who was willing to push the limits of fusion between technology and organic matter, they installed a man-portable cogitator on Experiment 33a's back, hooked directly into the ogryn's stunted brain. The plan was to marry his natural physical strength with the logic capabilities of the cogitator, to give him a tactical edge in the arena. To ensure the Experiment couldn't use his newfound intellect to escape, the heretek made sure that the cogitator's power banks would only last as long as a single bout of combat before needing to be recharged.

In Experiment 33a's very first post-surgery fight, he realised the plight of his circumstances. In his second bout, he devised a plan to overcome the cogitator's flaw. Before he entered the arena for his third fight, he put his plan to escape into action. He slew his master, performed some rudimentary self-upgrades to his implants, and stowed away on a transport vessel. He adopted the new name Aristotle and for a few years he worked as a mercenary, going wherever he could earn money or favours to keep his implants working. However, with his newfound intellectual might came a deeper self-awareness and subsequently a fear of death. It wasn't long before his desire to stave off death brought him to know Nurgle.

pre:
Name: Aristotle
Race: Chaos Ogryn
Archetype: Heretek
Alignment: Nurgle (Unaligned)
Pride: Logic
Disgrace: Destruction
Motivation: Immortality

Characteristics:
WS: 20 (20 + 5 - 5 (Motivation))
BS: 45 (20 + 20 + 5 (Advances))
S: 40 (20 + 10 + 10 (Race))
T: 45 (20 + 10 + 10 (Race) + 5 (Advances)
Ag: 20 (20 + 10 - 10 (Race))
Int: 45 (20 + 20 - 15 (Race) + 5 (Archetype) + 5 (Pride))
Per: 20 (20 + 5 - 5 (Pride))
WP: 30 (20 + 10)
Fel: 26 (20 + 10 - 4 (Disgrace))
Inf: 26 (19 + 5 + 2 (Disgrace))

Wounds: 24 (12 + 5 + 5 (Race) + 2 (Motivation))

Corruption: 
Slaanesh: 
Nurgle: 
Khorne: 
Tzeentch: 
Scorn: 

Skills:
Survival
Logic
Common  Lore  (Adeptus Mechanicus, Tech)
Tech Use
Dodge
Parry
Tech Use +10
Forbidden Lore (Xenos)

Talents:
Armour-Monger
Bulging Biceps
Cold Hearted
Disturbing Voice
Iron Jaw
Mechadendrite Training (Weapon)
Meditation
Resistance (Psychic Powers)
Technical Knock
Weapon Training (Bolt, Las, Primary, Shock, Solid Projectile)

Traits:
Binary Chatter - +10 to loyalty of all cybernetic minions.
But It Dark In Dere! - must pass a WP test to enter confined spaces. -10 to all skills when in confined spaces.
Clumsy - can only use weapons with the Ogryn-Proof trait or Legion weapons.
I Don't Feel So Good - Gain Gifts at 10, 30, 60 and 90 Corruption.
Mechanicus Implants
Size (Hulking)
Sturdy
Unnatural Strength (+2)
Unnatural Toughness (+2)

Gifts/Mutations:

Gear:
Best-Craftsmanship Lascarbine
Good Craftsmanship Great Weapon (Greataxe)
Light Carapace Armour (Trade-in)
Good Craftsmanship Cerebral Implants
Good Craftsmanship Dendrite Blade
Unholy unguents
Combi-tool
Dataslate
Ballistic   Mechadendrite   with   Laspistol
Lumenin Capacitors
Heavy Carapace (Acquisition)
M34 Autocannon (Acquisition)
Helmet Augmentations (Acquisition - trade-in)

Advances: 1,000/1,000
Ballistic Skill +5 - 250
Toughness +5 - 250
Disturbing Voice - 250
Resistance (Psychic Powers) - 250

MaliciousOnion fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Oct 27, 2021

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Savosk the Depraved Shadow

A former member of the Black Legion, banished into exile for calling the retreat during a ritual to summon a greater daemon on the planet Ritammeron in the Koronus Expanse. He has a special enmity for all members of the Ecclessiarchy, viewing the ascension of the Emperor to Godhood as one of the ultimate betrayals, as well as a disgusting affront to the Imperial Truth they were all taught. How quickly has the species fallen to superstition and fear of ... well everything outside of itself and including itself? The Imperial Truth may have been a grand lie but the current state of affairs is even worse.

Savosk seeks Abbadon's favor to return to the Legion, at the helm of a Black Crusade. His first conquest will be the world of Vaporious. Though the mission calls for driving off the missionaries, Savosk sees the world as one of many jump off points for a crusade into real space. Once he has an army, he can seek his revenge on those who bested him before and left his squad of Chosen Chaos Space Marines for dead; the Sister of Battle Gillian Fortunus, serving under the employ of one Inquisitor Agustus Mane. Death to the false emperor and all his slaves!

pre:
Name: Savosk the Depraved Shadow
Role: Forsaken
Alignment: Unaligned
Pride: Wealth
Disgrace: Destruction

WS:   45 (30+15) 
BS:   45 (30+15) 
S:    60 (30+10) [+20 Armor]
T:    40 (30+10) 
Ag:   50 (30+15) [+5 Motivation]
Int:  40 (30+10) 
Per:  37 (30+10) [-3 Motivation]
WP:   45 (30+15) [-3 Pride]
Fel:  23 (30+ 0) [-4 Disgrace] [-3 Motivation]

Wounds:   20/20
IP:        2/2
Infamy:     26 [+2 Disgrace]
Corruption:  0

Khorne:     0
Slaanesh:   0
Nurgle:     0
Tzeentch:   0
Scorn:      0

Skills:

Acrobatics
Athletics
Common Lore (War)
Dodge
Forbidden Lore (Astartes)
Forbidden Lore (Long War)
Linguistics (Low Gothic)
Navigate (Surface)
Operate (Surface)
Parry
Security
Stealth
Survival +10

Talents:

Ambidextrous
Bulging Biceps
Cold Hearted
Hatred (Ecclesiarchy)
Heightened Senses (Hearing, Sight)
Jaded
Legion Weapon Training
Light Sleeper
Nerves of Steel
Quick Draw
Resistance (Cold, Heat, Poison)
Unarmed Warrior

Traits:

Amphibious
Dark Sight
Resourceful
Unnatural Strength +4
Unnatural Toughness +4

Gifts/Rewards:

Gear:

Legion Power Armor
 - Black Legion’s Armor
 - Auto-Senses
 - Sustainable Power Source
 - Enhanced Ceramite Plating
Legion Bolter -> Good Refractor Field
 - 4 Mags
Legion Combat Knife
Legion Chainsword -> Good Legion Power Sword
4->3 Legion Frag -> 1 for Multikey
Legion Shotgun -> Good Cameleoline Cloak (fancy but no mechanical difference from common)
** Good Legion Combi-Melta w/ Motion Predictor
*Legacy Combi-Melta
 - Legacy of Slaughter
   - Bellicose Pattern
     - 
*Rhino
*Good MIU

Experience:              450/500

Ancient Warrior              250
Stealth 200

--------------------------------

WS    BS    S     T     Ag     Int    Per    WP    Fel  
45    45    60    40    50     40     37     45    23

Wounds: 20/20    Infamy 2/2   Fatigue Level: 0    Initiative: 1d10+5

Ground: 6/12/18/36

SB: 10  TB: 8
Awareness: 37 (57 Sight/Hearing)
Dodge: 50
Parry: 60

Armour: 11/9 Body/All
Field: 30/1-5

Legion Combi-Melta
 - Bolter               100m  S/3/-  1d10+10 E  Pen  5  Clip:  24/24   Full   Best, Tearing
 - Melta                 20m  S/-/-  2d10+14 E  Pen 13  Clip:   1/1     2F    Best, Melta
Legion Frag              30m  S/-/-  2d10+ 2 X  Pen  0  Clip:   3/3     --    Blast 4
Power Sword            Melee   ---   1d10+16 R  Pen  6  Clip:   ---     --    Balanced, Power Field
Legion Combat Knife    Melee   ---   1d10+10 R  Pen  2  Clip:   ---     --    

TheWeedNumber fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Oct 31, 2021

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Dedjazil

The stained-glass doors at the entrance of Aethelbrach, Koro'malar, and [[[[*]]]] swung open of their own accord for Dedjazil of Tarnor, as was her right by deed and power. Granted, not as grand of deeds or as puissant of power as she would have liked, but she was, nonetheless, returning five souls richer than when she had left. Having technically left Tarnor the moment she set foot over the threshold, she enjoyed the rush of noise emblematic of any bustling enterprise, though she enjoyed it less when her colleagues begain to direct it at her.

"Dedj! You just have to --"
"-- will suffer for your betrayal of the house of seven leaves--"
"-- and anyways, we're getting together at matins?"

As an experienced agent, she wasted no time pawning off the work, convincing the assassin to cut his own throat, and tentatively penciling in a date for cards on her way to check in with management. Five souls was, after all, a significant portion of her journeyman's fee owed to the firm, and partners loved to hear that they had won. Quickstepping around the possible future position of an ungainly bodyguard construct that seemed mostly made of sharp angles, she made the proper signs of initiation to the escalator guard on her way up to the much quieter working levels of the firm to invoke the ritual of entry at the proper door. When several identical voices bid her enter, she knew with some relief that is was Aethelbrach and not one the less pronounceable principals handling the junior professionals that day.

"Dedjazil," he (as the firm was given to believe) said, most of his eyes still fixed on the currently existing elements of a larger case. "You come bearing spoils?" She gave him a smile. "I do, sir, and let there be more to come." "Quite. How many souls do you currently have on your journeyman's balance?", the Master asked with a leading air. "Sixty-three as of this morning," she answered, wondering which particular pit of spikes she was being led to. "A good pace," he said, "but one that could be improved." Several more of the eyes turned to face her, and half a dozen fingers drummed on the table. "I have a dangerous opportunity for you, but should you succeed, your balance would be zero." With an arched brow, she replied, "far be it from me to turn down an opportunity, but I have found that I prefer living to enjoy them. Might I inquire...?" Aethelbrach gave a close approximation of a harrumph. "The firm has an outstanding balance to a Surgubite factor. Not beyond our resources, by any means, but one that could be resolved cleverly. The contract governing the balance stipulates settlement possibilities to include assistance in kind. An Imperial case, if that matters to you."

A priority-blue folder slid out of a hidden direction onto the desktop before her. "I'm forced to admit that I am intrigued," she said, leafing through the briefing material. "I thought you might be. The ship leaves in three days, and should therefore not interfere with the usual post-consultancy bacchanals. Do enjoy yourself."

pre:
Name: Dedjazil
Race: Human
Career: Psyker
Pride: Devotion
Disgrace: Regret
Alignment: Tzeentch

Characteristics 
total = base + pbuy + advance + arch + pride + disg + mot
WS	: 35 = 25 + 10 +    
BS	: 22 = 25 + 00 +    - 03
S	: 20 = 25 + 00 +    - 05
T	: 22 = 25 + 00 +    - 03
AG	: 40 = 25 + 15 +    
INT	: 45 = 25 + 15 +    
PER	: 45 = 25 + 20 +    
WP	: 60 = 25 + 20 + 05 + 05 + 05 
FEL	: 40 = 25 + 15 +    

Infamy: 24
Corruption:  
 Khorne   :  
 Nurgle   :  
 Slaanesh :  
 Tzeentch :  10
 Scorn:      

Wounds: 13
Initiative: 1d10+4

Skills:
Common Lore (Any Two), 
Linguistics (Low Gothic), 
Trade (Any One) 
Awareness, 
Psyniscience, 
Forbidden Lore (Psykers), 
Deceive, 
Dodge
Charm

Talents:
 Jaded, 
 Weapon Training (Primary), Weapon Training (Las)
 Warp Sense 

Traits:
 The Quick and The Dead
 Psyker - Delta Rank

Mutations:

Gear:
Common Craftsmanship Laspistol, Good Craftsmanship Sword 
Flak Cloak, Psy-focus, dataslate filled with arcane lore

Acquisitions:
Warp Staff (-30 ex rare +10 single +10 scavenged)
Tarnor Mimic Mask (-20 v rare +10 single)

Powers:
(500 free)
Thought Sending
Delude
Compel
Precognition

Glimpse           
Precognitive Dodge
Doombolt          

Advancements (950/1000):
Glimpse                   100
Precognitive Dodge        200
Doombolt                  200
Charm +0                  200
WP +5                     250

wiegieman fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Nov 2, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Ok everyone, game thread is up!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3983755&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post518952290

8 people is a nice auspicious number for this, right?

Waci fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Nov 3, 2021